I have an idea on how to help the homeless.

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Diablo112688
Member since 2003 • 8345 Posts
We will have all the homeless sing up for a homelss program. In this program they will receive a home. How will they recieve a home? The government will randomly pick a citizen and force them to take the homeless person in. People have plenty of money, having to take care of one more won't hurt them. It may be a little strange at first, but eventually the homeless person would be incorporated into whatever family. This is a great way to elimate the homeless problem, and also start a lot of new friendships and relationships.
-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Jiggles-
Member since 2008 • 4356 Posts
I'm pretty sure this violates a constitutional amendment.
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#3 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
I'm pretty sure this violates a constitutional amendment.-Jiggles-
Yea, and honestly that's ****
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Diablo112688
You think it is a good idea though... right?
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
only applies to soldiers.
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
I hope you get "randomly" picked 99% of the time.
BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 BladeOfHeaven
Member since 2006 • 6027 Posts
Tbh, i think this idea is horrible.
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
That's only for soldiers. The government can't forcibly have you quarter (not the torture method of "quartering") a soldier. It might not blatantly violate a Constitutional amendment, but it can be interpreted.
Cyber-Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cyber-Shadow
Member since 2008 • 580 Posts
Tbh, i think this idea is horrible.BladeOfHeaven
Agreed.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
I hope you get "randomly" picked 99% of the time.Dark__Link
:lol: good **** and to the tc: terrible idea and once again, you're making topics aimed at nothing more than getting attention
-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Jiggles-
Member since 2008 • 4356 Posts

only applies to soldiers.Hewkii

Looking back a bit, I believe you are right.

[QUOTE="-Jiggles-"]I'm pretty sure this violates a constitutional amendment.Diablo112688
You think it is a good idea though... right?

No, because it is only putting an unfair burden on a family that has no responsibilities in taking care of homeless people.

I know that not all homeless people are homeless for being lazy in life or anything like that, but forcing a family to use their own resources in sheltering a homeless person (who could be a rapist, hold an infectious disease, etc) is wrong.

Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Diablo112688
[QUOTE="Dark__Link"]I hope you get "randomly" picked 99% of the time.DivergeUnify
:lol: good **** and to the tc: terrible idea and once again, you're making topics aimed at nothing more than getting attention

Obviously... everyone wants attention. Everyone desperately wants it, including you. That point is irrelevant. I am suggesting a solution. It is a good idea. This post is about the issues.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="Dark__Link"]I hope you get "randomly" picked 99% of the time.Diablo112688

Obviously... everyone wants attention. Everyone desperately wants it, including you. That point is irrelevant. I am suggesting a solution. It is a good idea. This post is about the issues.

You don't no me so don't try to claim i desperately want attention. Can you name a thread of mine in which I've done so?
Cyber-Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cyber-Shadow
Member since 2008 • 580 Posts
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="Dark__Link"]I hope you get "randomly" picked 99% of the time.Diablo112688

There should be a rule on GS that you can't come on if you're high.
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Diablo112688
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="Diablo112688"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"] :lol: good **** and to the tc: terrible idea and once again, you're making topics aimed at nothing more than getting attention

You don't no me so don't try to claim i desperately want attention. Can you name a thread of mine in which I've done so?

It is not about threads, the ultimate point being everyone wants attention. Mentioning that is completely irrelevant. There is no argument to be made. Stick to the issues or don't post in the thread.
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
Our system doesn't work without homeless people. WE need a certain percentage of them in order to sustain our resource consuming lives.
paulbunker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 paulbunker85
Member since 2008 • 279 Posts
We will have all the homeless sing up for a homelss program. In this program they will receive a home. How will they recieve a home? The government will randomly pick a citizen and force them to take the homeless person in. People have plenty of money, having to take care of one more won't hurt them. It may be a little strange at first, but eventually the homeless person would be incorporated into whatever family. This is a great way to elimate the homeless problem, and also start a lot of new friendships and relationships. Diablo112688
I don't know where you're from.....but the homeless in America CHOOSE to be that way.
Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
This doesn't sound like a good plan to me.
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
I don't think that's a good idea, the homeless person could be dangerous to the family and the family probably wouldn't be accepting of a random person living with them, I know I wouldn't be. However, some people actually take homeless people in, in cases like that, I see no problem with it, as long as the homeless person agrees to it and is in no way a threat to the people taking the homeless person in. :)
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
they cant force some homless dude on me
inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts

most homeless people deserve it 

screw it if i'm gonna help them out

-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
I wouldn't sign into that. Sorry.
paulbunker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 paulbunker85
Dude......How do you come UP with this crap?
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
[QUOTE="Diablo112688"]We will have all the homeless sing up for a homelss program. In this program they will receive a home. How will they recieve a home? The government will randomly pick a citizen and force them to take the homeless person in. People have plenty of money, having to take care of one more won't hurt them. It may be a little strange at first, but eventually the homeless person would be incorporated into whatever family. This is a great way to elimate the homeless problem, and also start a lot of new friendships and relationships. paulbunker85
I don't know where you're from.....but the homeless in America CHOOSE to be that way.

I wouldn't agree with that at all. Who would choose to be homeless? Nobody. Sometimes people, even people with good jobs can just get into a very bad financial situation.
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Diablo112688
Dude......How do you come UP with this crap?paulbunker85
Why do you think this is crap?
paulbunker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 paulbunker85
[QUOTE="paulbunker85"][QUOTE="Diablo112688"]We will have all the homeless sing up for a homelss program. In this program they will receive a home. How will they recieve a home? The government will randomly pick a citizen and force them to take the homeless person in. People have plenty of money, having to take care of one more won't hurt them. It may be a little strange at first, but eventually the homeless person would be incorporated into whatever family. This is a great way to elimate the homeless problem, and also start a lot of new friendships and relationships. michaelP4

I wouldn't agree with that at all. Who would choose to be homeless? Nobody. Sometimes people, even people with good jobs can just get into a very bad financial situation.

We have homeless shelters......The people you see on the streets are there because they like it that way.......My best friends homeless Uncle walks up and down the coast of Florida......because he's a drunk and he wants to be alone, I guess.
paulbunker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 paulbunker85
[QUOTE="paulbunker85"]Dude......How do you come UP with this crap?Diablo112688
Why do you think this is crap?

If you want to speak literally.......That's fascism......The goverment doesn't have the right to force people to become compassionate.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

We will have all the homeless sing up for a homelss program. In this program they will receive a home. How will they recieve a home? The government will randomly pick a citizen and force them to take the homeless person in. People have plenty of money, having to take care of one more won't hurt them. It may be a little strange at first, but eventually the homeless person would be incorporated into whatever family. This is a great way to elimate the homeless problem, and also start a lot of new friendships and relationships. Diablo112688

You know most homeless are mentally ill right? Plus, who says people have plenty of money? Most people are having a hard time as it is, there isn't enough room much of the time.

I would never accept that. That would be highly awkward as well.

Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Diablo112688
[QUOTE="michaelP4"][QUOTE="paulbunker85"] I don't know where you're from.....but the homeless in America CHOOSE to be that way.paulbunker85

We have homeless shelters......The people you see on the streets are there because they like it that way.......My best friends homeless Uncle walks up and down the coast of Florida......because he's a drunk and he wants to be alone, I guess.

You are very very wrong. There isn't always a space for you at shelters. Nobody wants to be homeless, don't be ridiculous.
Sonir77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sonir77
Member since 2006 • 1846 Posts
i think i benefit for people without jobs would be better.
paulbunker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 paulbunker85
[QUOTE="Diablo112688"][QUOTE="paulbunker85"][QUOTE="michaelP4"] I wouldn't agree with that at all. Who would choose to be homeless? Nobody. Sometimes people, even people with good jobs can just get into a very bad financial situation.

You very very wrong. There isn't always a space for you at shelters. Nobody wants to be homeless, don't be ridiculous.

Alcoholic people don't want to be put into an institution where there are seperated from their drink.....Same goes for druggies.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

[QUOTE="paulbunker85"][QUOTE="michaelP4"] I wouldn't agree with that at all. Who would choose to be homeless? Nobody. Sometimes people, even people with good jobs can just get into a very bad financial situation.Diablo112688

You are very very wrong. There isn't always a space for you at shelters. Nobody wants to be homeless, don't be ridiculous.

Actually there is a percentage out there that do much rather like being homeless. The freedom, they like it that way among other things. It isn't like every single one, but about 20% would rather keep living that way.

Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
Best idea ever.
paulbunker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 paulbunker85
Best idea ever.thriteenthmonke
You two should meet up and "high five"....
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#35 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
i did my best to take this seriously, but when you mentioned the start of new friendships and relationships, I kind of lost it.
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Diablo112688
Thank you.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

i did my best to take this seriously, but when you mentioned the start of new friendships and relationships, I kind of lost it.bulletsword

replace this with "wealth and jobs" and you have trickle down economics.

RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RiseAgainst12
Member since 2007 • 6767 Posts

It is a horrible idea, putting some random person from the streets (could be mentally unstable, alcoholic, anger issues) into a home of people who have no idea off his/her background. The only solution is for them to get a job.
RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RiseAgainst12
sarcasm?
gaminggirl8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gaminggirl8
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

Yeah..Really..

Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
[QUOTE="thriteenthmonke"]Best idea ever.RiseAgainst12
sarcasm?

Potentially
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Diablo112688
I am surprised that most people don't find this to be a good idea.
RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RiseAgainst12
I am surprised that most people don't find this to be a good idea.Diablo112688
it really isnt that suprising, i would be suprised if someone actually seen this as a good idea.
WCO_49ers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WCO_49ers
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
that sounds like a terrible idea. im a free individual, not property of the government. ill do what i choose since i own myself. thanks
jasperrussell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 jasperrussell
Member since 2005 • 1960 Posts
A lot of homeless people are alcoholics or have a mental illness. Have you ever had a flatmate? it's hard enough living with a socially capable person. Do you think it would be like having a fun Uncle around??????
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Diablo112688
that sounds like a terrible idea. im a free individual, not property of the government. ill do what i choose since i own myself. thanksWCO_49ers
That is silly. You are not free. You are a slave. Aren't you?
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Diablo112688
[QUOTE="Diablo112688"]I am surprised that most people don't find this to be a good idea.RiseAgainst12
it really isnt that suprising, i would be suprised if someone actually seen this as a good idea.

But you do admit that it is somewhat surprising?
RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RiseAgainst12
[QUOTE="WCO_49ers"]that sounds like a terrible idea. im a free individual, not property of the government. ill do what i choose since i own myself. thanksDiablo112688
That is silly. You are not free. You are a slave. Aren't you?

and how would he be a slave?
RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RiseAgainst12
[QUOTE="RiseAgainst12"][QUOTE="Diablo112688"]I am surprised that most people don't find this to be a good idea.Diablo112688

no
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Diablo112688
[QUOTE="RiseAgainst12"][QUOTE="Diablo112688"][QUOTE="RiseAgainst12"] it really isnt that suprising, i would be suprised if someone actually seen this as a good idea.

no

Make up your mind. Stop trying to confuse me please.