I don't recall an entire hour??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Kevlar101 (6106 posts) -

I live in the Central Time Zone, middle-Tennessee.

I got on the phone at 1:30 AM, and was on for about 30 minutes. It feels like it was just 15 minutes or so since I hung up..... but somehow it's 3:15??????

I can't account for an entire hour of my life?? Where the hell did 2 AM go??? What was I doing? Did I black out?

Seriously, WTF?

#2 Edited by Bikouchu35 (7393 posts) -

Are you a wizard? ...or a time traveller?

#3 Posted by Kevlar101 (6106 posts) -

Are you a wizard? ...or a time traveller?

I probably sound like i'm just trying to be a troll or whatever. I'm just trippin' because... well, because over an hour passed and I didn't even notice or recall any of it..... it felt like 15 minutes

#4 Posted by Iszdope (9908 posts) -

I don't recall an entire week.

Was when I was admitted to hospital the first time. Apparently I had meetings with doctors and psychs and whatnot...I got nothing.

They reckon it was a result of trauma.

#5 Posted by Kevlar101 (6106 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

Was when I was admitted to hospital the first time. Apparently I had meetings with doctors and psychs and whatnot...I got nothing.

from what? what happened?

#6 Edited by Iszdope (9908 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

@Iszdope said:

I had a manic break and flipped out.

#7 Posted by harry_james_pot (10794 posts) -

Obviously whomever you were on the phone with wiped your memory..

#8 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6794 posts) -

The wonders of alcohol.

#9 Posted by mister_XYZ (41 posts) -

Its not a good sign , consult your doctor. Might be early stages of dementia.

From WIKI:

Dementia is not a single disease, but a non-specific syndrome (i.e., set of signs and symptoms). Affected cognitive areas can be memory, attention, language, and problem solving. Normally, symptoms must be present for at least six months to support a diagnosis.[3] Cognitive dysfunction of shorter duration is called delirium.

Especially in later stages of the condition, subjects may be disoriented in time (not knowing the day, week, or even year), in place (not knowing where they are), and in person (not knowing who they and/or others around them are).

#10 Posted by Kevlar101 (6106 posts) -

Its not a good sign , consult your doctor. Might be early stages of dementia.

From WIKI:

Dementia is not a single disease, but a non-specific syndrome (i.e., set of signs and symptoms). Affected cognitive areas can be memory, attention, language, and problem solving. Normally, symptoms must be present for at least six months to support a diagnosis.[3] Cognitive dysfunction of shorter duration is called delirium.

Especially in later stages of the condition, subjects may be disoriented in time (not knowing the day, week, or even year), in place (not knowing where they are), and in person (not knowing who they and/or others around them are).

I am 15.

Well, 14, technically. Almost 15.

I doubt it's dementia.

Though, I must thank you for giving a serious answer. Most nobody else here seems to take this seriously, so thanks :)

#11 Posted by WolfgarTheQuiet (368 posts) -

If you did not get RAPED in that hour it does not matter

I live in the Central Time Zone, middle-Tennessee.

I got on the phone at 1:30 AM, and was on for about 30 minutes. It feels like it was just 15 minutes or so since I hung up..... but somehow it's 3:15??????

I can't account for an entire hour of my life?? Where the hell did 2 AM go??? What was I doing? Did I black out?

Seriously, WTF?

If you did not get RAPED in that hour it does not matter

#12 Posted by playmynutz (5982 posts) -

Time is slowing down because everyone is chiefing and our debts have been paid to society, praise God.

#13 Posted by wis3boi (31302 posts) -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time

#14 Posted by Kevlar101 (6106 posts) -

Oh, dear.

It was just daylight savings.....

#15 Edited by Kevlar101 (6106 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time

Hey, the friendly person over at Yahoo Answers already cleared this up.

Yeah, i'm too sleep deprived for life tonight

#16 Edited by Bikouchu35 (7393 posts) -

Oh, dear.

I thought you were trolling, and when you said you weren't I got even more confused :O

Now it makes sense. This occured to me too when I was ~15-16( I feel a bit old talking about age now :\) coincidentally, good thing is not dementia.

Daylight savings time woooo, I love the extra sunlight all worth losing an hour for just a day.

#17 Posted by Kevlar101 (6106 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

Oh, dear.

I thought you were trolling, and when you said you weren't I got even more confused :O

Now it makes sense. This occured to me too when I was ~15-16( I feel a bit old talking about age now :\) coincidentally, good thing is not dementia.

Daylight savings time woooo, I love the extra sunlight all worth losing an hour for just a day.

Time.... time is always on my mind :\ I hate wasting it, losing it....not enjoying it.

Even at my young age, I cannot stop thinking about the future and how terrified I am of getting older. Every birthday is more depressing for me than happy. Then again, i'm pretty much always depressed about something.... mostly time though.

They always say to cherish the time we have....but I find it hard to do.

I guess that's why I flipped out about the hour loss thing. I was just subconsciously being reminded of how afraid I am of life....

Damn...I really need to stop bitching

#18 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14021 posts) -

I forgot about it too. I hate Spring Forward. >:( LOSE AN HOUR OF SLEEP!

#19 Posted by thegerg (15099 posts) -

Haha, you'e got to be kidding me.

#20 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16008 posts) -

I forgot about it too. I hate Spring Forward. >:( LOSE AN HOUR OF SLEEP!

Bwa Ha Ha! Me too.

#21 Posted by CountBleck12 (22805 posts) -

I forgot about the savings time as well, I was playing TF2 late at night and it wasn't until after I was done playing that I noticed the time changed.

#22 Posted by chaplainDMK (6822 posts) -

Sounds like a slow Saturday evening to me.

#23 Posted by dave123321 (34017 posts) -
#24 Edited by lamprey263 (23629 posts) -

first rule of Project Mayhem is you do not ask questions, sir

#25 Posted by Master_Live (14448 posts) -

Oh Kev.

#26 Posted by The-Apostle (12187 posts) -

I'd LOVE to be on whatever TC is on. >_>

#27 Posted by sukraj (22608 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@Iszdope said:

that happens to me all the time.

#28 Posted by Iszdope (9908 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@Iszdope said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@Iszdope said:

Do you get chucked into hospital?

#29 Posted by thereal25 (412 posts) -

@Kevlar101:

1am is pretty late - maybe you went to sleep

#30 Posted by Korvus (3578 posts) -

Oh, dear.

Man, I want to facepalm YOU...hard! XD How the hell is that even possible? =P Yeah, hour changes catch me by surprise too sometimes, especially since all the clocks in my house change automatically so all of a sudden there's an extra hour there, but I never panicked and thought I lost an hour of my life, I just think I got distracted =P Are you sure you weren't trolling?

#31 Posted by Master_Live (14448 posts) -

But whatever, this used to happen to me all the time OP, now Seinfeld starts at 6:00pm instead of 7:00pm, a little early for my taste. Thankfully I became aware of the change right away this year. I'm usually more prepare for the fall time change since it usually is around the MLB Playoffs (I hate) so game starts later and I know I will be late into the late watching a 4 hour, 30 minute game.

#32 Posted by elkoldo (1067 posts) -

...an hour passed and I didn't even notice or recall any of it..... it felt like 15 minutes

I felt pretty much the same when I hung about with my squeeze.Only I recall every second so goddamn vividly.

#33 Edited by GazaAli (22717 posts) -

Time lapses are such a weird thing. In your case I wouldn't say you experienced a time lapse, you just lost track of time that's all. But there are people out there who experience genuine time lapses which I find fascinating (House M.D had an episode about such a patient in season 5). The closest I ever came to experience such a thing is when I lucid dream though.

#34 Edited by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

i didnt really forget about dayligt st i just dont remember it happening in march.

#35 Posted by Kevlar101 (6106 posts) -

@Korvus85 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

Oh, dear.

Man, I want to facepalm YOU...hard! XD How the hell is that even possible? =P Yeah, hour changes catch me by surprise too sometimes, especially since all the clocks in my house change automatically so all of a sudden there's an extra hour there, but I never panicked and thought I lost an hour of my life, I just think I got distracted =P Are you sure you weren't trolling?

I am! I don't troll. I was dead serious when I made this thread, and that's why I feel like a jackass now :P

#36 Posted by Korvus (3578 posts) -

I am! I don't troll. I was dead serious when I made this thread, and that's why I feel like a jackass now :P

Taking into consideration what the alternative could have been (e.g brain damage) better to feel like a jackass but be safe, right?

#37 Posted by Kevlar101 (6106 posts) -

@Korvus85 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

Taking into consideration what the alternative could have been (e.g brain damage) better to feel like a jackass but be safe, right?

I suppose so.

Wellll I apologize for making a thread that pretty much ended up being pointless hehe..... you can lock it if you want, I guess

#38 Posted by Korvus (3578 posts) -

I suppose so.

Wellll I apologize for making a thread that pretty much ended up being pointless hehe..... you can lock it if you want, I guess

No need to apologise; I'm just glad you're ok =)

#39 Posted by sukraj (22608 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

@sukraj said:

@Iszdope said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@Iszdope said:

Do you get chucked into hospital?

I haven't been to hospital yet but I'm on a lot of medication bro.