crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By crazyguy111
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

Hey I am a 23 year old Polish American and I was born and raised here in Houston Tx. My parents are both immigrants from Russia. Houston is a fairly progressive city. We have a lesbian mayor and our city is only 25% white, or non hispanic white alone (Source: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/48/4835000.html ) , which is a good thing since I love diversity and like Latino and Asian women. lol. As much as I love my city I really hate the republicans here in the U.S. Most are too religions, believe in creationism, are gun crazy and deny climate change. I talked to some western Europeans online and it was like a breath of fresh air. They disliked religion, were not gun crazy and supported universal healthcare. However ,I have heard that western Europe is 90% white, and are more racist than Americans which is another concern for me since my girlfriend is half Asian and half Mexican.

Is it worth moving? The main reason would be the crazy republicans here. What are some good cities in western Europe that are fairly diverse? (less than 70% white) Thoughts?

Update:BTW I am aware of the costs/expenses. I have a degree in finance and am applying for an mba program. I currently work as an inventory control manager here in Texas and live a very middle class lifestyle. I am choosing between moving states (to a place such as California, Colorado or Maryland) or moving countries.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By crazyguy111

btw I also can't move to Canada because its too cold. I am used to the weather here in Texas. lol

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

california?

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Do your neighbors views on creationism really affect your day to day life?

Most people move to places because of factors that actually affect ones quality of life. (cost of living, job opportunities, climate, crime rates, etc.)

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crazyguy111

@Storm_Marine said:

Do your neighbors views on creationism really affect your day to day life?

Most people move to places because of factors that actually affect ones quality of life. (cost of living, job opportunities, climate, crime rates, etc.)

I just don't like living and working with sheep who believe what ever they are told. No offense but its just not something that i'm totally comfortable with and I grew up catholic. I would feel the same way if they were all religious Muslims and believed in creationism, so I have nothing against Christianity.

Expane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By Expane
Member since 2003 • 560 Posts

@crazyguy111 said:

Hey I am a 23 year old Polish American and I was born and raised here in Houston Tx. My parents are both immigrants from Russia. Houston is a fairly progressive city. We have a lesbian mayor and our city is only 25% white, or non hispanic white alone (Source: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/48/4835000.html ) , which is a good thing since I love diversity and like Latino and Asian women. lol. As much as I love my city I really hate the republicans here in the U.S. Most are too religions, believe in creationism, are gun crazy and deny climate change. I talked to some western Europeans online and it was like a breath of fresh air. They disliked religion, were not gun crazy and supported universal healthcare. However ,I have heard that western Europe is 90% white, and are more racist than Americans which is another concern for me since my girlfriend is half Asian and half Mexican.

Is it worth moving? The main reason would be the crazy republicans here. What are some good cities in western Europe that are fairly diverse? (less than 70% white) Thoughts?

Have you even traveled bro?

Moving somewhere based on whatever politics are in the news is beyond redonkulous.

Lol a 23 year old college hater, who calls people "sheep" yet wants to move closer to people more like him.

BRO DO YOU EVEN HERD?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I know, move to Spain, nobody in Spain can brag about how purebred they are, so they are not technically "whites".

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Unless you have a job lined up please just don't even bother.

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

If you don't like the weather in Canada then your best option is to move to the southern countries of western Europe, economically they don't do as well as the rest of the western European countries so you might get a hard time finding a job. Housing is more expensive in western Europe, so if you live in an average apartment in Texas then brace yourself for living in the slums in western Europe. Food and gasoline are way more expensive as well for that matter.

Expane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Expane
Member since 2003 • 560 Posts

yeah enjoy making $9 euros/hr w/ a college degree in Espana

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 crazyguy111

@magicalclick said:

Aside from Prop8 (not enough whites vote against it), California is the most diverse place.

Doesn't matter where you go, you need a good job that can live comfortably with you gf. No matter how good the place is, if you live like a hobo, you are still not living good.

I know this. I have a degree in finance and currently work as an inventory control manager here in Texas.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 crazyguy111

@Expane said:

yeah enjoy making $9 euros/hr w/ a college degree in Espana

lol, I was actually thinking of moving to London.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

TC doesn't want to be around white people, yet he wants to move to the continent where white people come from.

lolwut

And what about getting a job? Attaining citizenship? Hell, just the cost to fly over there? You're better off in California if you don't like "whitey". Ironically, Cali has the largest non-Hispanic white population of any state. At this rate, TC might as well move to Nepal.

On a half serious note, you could move to Hawaii (only 23% white), but I heard it's expensive as hell to live there.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 crazyguy111

@Expane said:

@crazyguy111 said:

Have you even traveled bro?

Moving somewhere based on whatever politics are in the news is beyond redonkulous.

Lol a 23 year old college hater, who calls people "sheep" yet wants to move closer to people more like him.

BRO DO YOU EVEN HERD?

I am not a college hater. I have graduated from a university and have a degree in finance, I was arguing FOR going to college on another thread not against it. lol

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamerguru100

@raugutcon said:

I know, move to Spain, nobody in Spain can brag about how purebred they are, so they are not technically "whites".

By that logic, no one is white then. There's no such thing as racial purity. The way I see it, anyone whose ancestry is primarily or wholly European (including places like Spain, Portugal, Greece and other countries with darker skinned Europeans) is white. We aren't in the 1920s anymore where only WASPs are considered "true white people".

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 crazyguy111

@gamerguru100:

@gamerguru100 said:

TC doesn't want to be around white people, yet he wants to move to the continent where white people come from.

lolwut

And what about getting a job? Attaining citizenship? Hell, just the cost to fly over there? You're better off in California if you don't like "whitey". Ironically, Cali has the largest non-Hispanic white population of any state. At this rate, TC might as well move to Nepal.

I don't not want to live around white people, if that was the case then I would be content here in Houston or I would move to El Paso TX. I just don't want to live around brainless religious/conservative sheep regardless of skin color.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

Sounds like you live a relatively decent life. Are the Republicans that much of a pain?

Have you considered Oz? Back in '13, the government wanted Americans with a skilled labor background.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamerguru100

@crazyguy111 said:

@gamerguru100:

@gamerguru100 said:

lolwut

I don't not want to live around white people, if that was the case then I would be content here in Houston or I would move to El Paso TX. I just don't want to live around brainless religious/conservative sheep regardless of skin color.

Well, you can find more reasonable people in the States. California sounds good for you if you don't mind the risk of earthquakes, wildfires, and droughts.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

You know nothing about Canada if you think it's "too cold". The Greater Toronto area and the Vancouver/Victoria areas barely ever go below 32F.

And really, if you are desperate enough to escape the politics of the United States, there are plenty of places within the US where Texas-like folk don't exist.

And maybe do some research before moving, because a lot of people in Europe aren't as progressive as you might think.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

I do admire the fact that at such a young age, your willing to make such a huge move. Not many have the balls to do such a thing. Sounds like a great plan, go out and see the world for what it really is, not by what the media throws at ya. I bet you will find all you seek and more. Have a wonderful adventure, and best to you.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@crazyguy111 said:

Does this honestly affect your life enough to move to another country?

Also you'll find those things change completely depending on which part of the United States you live in. For instance, I live near Portland, Oregon. It's extremely liberal here. I disagree with some of the politics here and I don't like the fact that I can't pump gas into my own car, but I love the area and the people and I have a good job so I wont be leaving.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamerguru100

@plageus900 said:

@crazyguy111 said:

Also you'll find those things change completely depending on which part of the United States you live in. For instance, I live near Portland, Oregon. It's extremely liberal here.

But it's over 70% white.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gamerguru100

@LexLas said:

I do admire the fact that at such a young age, your willing to make such a huge move. Not many have the balls to do such a thing. Sounds like a great plan, go out and see the world for what it really is, not by what the media throws at ya. I bet you will find all you seek and more. Have a wonderful adventure, and best to you.

It's admirable only if he has a decent job to back up that move though. You're not gonna be able to support yourself and someone else on minimum wage or near minimum wage.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By plageus900

@gamerguru100 said:

@plageus900 said:

@crazyguy111 said:

Also you'll find those things change completely depending on which part of the United States you live in. For instance, I live near Portland, Oregon. It's extremely liberal here.

But it's over 70% white.

Well there's a huge Mexican population here on the east side of Hillsboro. Should be great for TC's picky ass.

I've never even considered demographics when looking to move somewhere. What the ****.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 raugutcon

If all you want is to be in a more liberal place you don´t have to move out of state, just move to Austin ! I know because I´ve lived there.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gamerguru100

@plageus900 said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@plageus900 said:

@crazyguy111 said:

But it's over 70% white.

Well there's a huge Mexican population here on the east side of Hillsboro. Should be great for TC's picky ass.

Honestly, I don't know why he has to live in an area that's less than 70% white. Not all whites are Bible thumping, gun toting Republicans. I imagine those types are actually hard to find on the West Coast.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By crazyguy111

^^^

Okay guys, thanks for all the replies. I will probably be moving to Colorado,Oregon or California. I don't think that moving countries is really necessary. Also the pay for my job is much lower in western Europe, and the most of living is far more (not saying that money is everything but it is a factor) so I will probably just move states. It seems easier as well.When I get older and more financially secure I will probably live there for a few years. And yes the republicans in this country are very unbearable, especially the crazy religious ones that believe god made the earth in 7 days or whatever.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By foxhound_fox

@gamerguru100 said:

@LexLas said:

It's admirable only if he has a decent job to back up that move though. You're not gonna be able to support yourself and someone else on minimum wage or near minimum wage.

Depends on where in Europe he goes. Some places have minimum wages that would make American's lose their minds.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 plageus900

@crazyguy111 said:

^^^

Okay guys, thanks for all the replies. I will probably be moving to Colorado,Oregon or California. I don't think that moving countries is really necessary. Also the pay for my job is much lower in western Europe, and the most of living is far more (not saying that money is everything but it is a factor) so I will probably just move states. It seems easier as well.

The area I live in is really nice, the average crime rate is half the national average, etc. All the tech companies are here too. They don't call it the Silicon Forest for nothing.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gamerguru100

@crazyguy111 said:

^^^

Okay guys, thanks for all the replies. I will probably be moving to Colorado,Oregon or California. I don't think that moving countries is really necessary. Also the pay for my job is much lower in western Europe, and the most of living is far more (not saying that money is everything but it is a factor) so I will probably just move states. It seems easier as well.

Good. There's no use in moving halfway across the world if you don't have a good career ready. Not to mention there's places in the US outside the South that aren't stuck in 1960.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gamerguru100

@foxhound_fox said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@LexLas said:

Depends on where in Europe he goes. Some places have minimum wages that would make American's lose their minds.

But is the cost of living in those areas high? If so, I doubt you could sustain yourself on that wage. A minimum wage of $15/hour doesn't mean much if the prices of goods and services have risen to compensate.

legendary70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 legendary70
Member since 2008 • 86 Posts

Crazy guy.......you are CRAZY! Why would you want to leave the Great State of TEXAS!!!!

BYE!

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

@gamerguru100:

@gamerguru100 said:

@raugutcon said:

By that logic, no one is white then. There's no such thing as racial purity. The way I see it, anyone whose ancestry is primarily or wholly European (including places like Spain, Portugal, Greece and other countries with darker skinned Europeans) is white. We aren't in the 1920s anymore where only WASPs are considered "true white people".

raugutcon is not only stupid, he's ignorant as well. The reason people in the places you mention have darker skin, comparing to Northern Europeans, is because they have this thing called Sun shining 300 days a year, so obviously they're naturally tanned. But even then, you'll find differences in skin tone between people from say Northern and Southern Portugal, since there's less Sun in the North. Portuguese, Spanish, Italians, etc. are very much white.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By crazyguy111

@gamerguru100 said:

@plageus900 said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@plageus900 said:

@crazyguy111 said:

But it's over 70% white.

Honestly, I don't know why he has to live in an area that's less than 70% white. Not all whites are Bible thumping, gun toting Republicans. I imagine those types are actually hard to find on the West Coast.

Okay I was pushing the race issue too much in my original post, race does not matter much. Most Latinos, whites and blacks here in Texas are very religious. A large percentage of Latinos here vote republican, I would say around half of Latinos vote republican here and many Asians here are the libertarian type and are closet republican. Its not about race, its about religion and political issues. I wouldn't mind living in Oregon at all, it would be much better than living here in Texas, though diversity would be a plus.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 foxhound_fox

@gamerguru100 said:

But is the cost of living in those areas high? If so, I doubt you could sustain yourself on that wage. A minimum wage of $15/hour doesn't mean much if the prices of goods and services have risen to compensate.

It's probably a lot easier to live cheaply in Europe than the US. At least in Europe you don't have to worry about owning and operating a car to commute. You just use public transportation or walk.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@LexLas said:

And also a cost of living that would make Americans lose their minds.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By raugutcon

@nunovlopes said:

@gamerguru100:

@gamerguru100 said:

@raugutcon said:

raugutcon is not only stupid, he's ignorant as well. The reason people in the places you mention have darker skin, comparing to Northern Europeans, is because they have this thing called Sun shining 300 days a year, so obviously they're naturally tanned. But even then, you'll find differences in skin tone between people from say Northern and Southern Portugal, since there's less Sun in the North. Portuguese, Spanish, Italians, etc. are very much white.

I´m not stupid nor ignorant you dumbass piece of shit, Spanish are not naturally tanned you idiot, Spain has been conquered over and over again by all sorts of tribes from northern Africa, Phoenicians, Carthaginians, later the biggest racial melting pot ever created Romans, later germanic tribes and to finish the Arabs, 700 years of arab domination of half of the Hispanic peninsula. Hard for you idiot to teach me how people of Spain are, my grandparents are Spanish, hell, I´m "white" and my sister is "brown", that´s how pure bred we are.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@LexLas said:

Which places would that be?

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts
Loading Video...

The best city in the world...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 foxhound_fox

@themajormayor said:

@foxhound_fox said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_wages_by_country

Luxembourg, Monaco, San Marino, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Ireland, Germany, United Kingdom... etc, etc.

All at least $3 more per hour than the US on average.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nunovlopes

@raugutcon said:

@nunovlopes said:

@gamerguru100:

@gamerguru100 said:

@raugutcon said:

I´m not stupid nor ignorant you dumbass piece of shit, Spanish are not naturally tanned you idiot, Spain has been conquered over and over again by all sorts of tribes from northern Africa, Phoenicians, Carthaginians, later the biggest racial melting pot ever created Romans, later germanic tribes and to finish the Arabs, 700 years of arab domination of half of the Hispanic peninsula. Hard for you idiot to teach me how people of Spain are, my grandparents are Spanish, hell, I´m "white" and my sister is "brown", that´s how pure bred we are.

No, you are indeed stupid and ignorant. Definitely. So your grandparents are Spanish, have you ever been to Spain? I'm Portuguese. I can tell you what people look like. But that's hardly relevant. The modern usage of the term white, to designate a race, started in the 17th century, and it was used to differentiate European colonizers from people in Africa, Asia and the Americas. White just means of European descent, that is all. At best you can differentiate between "lighter" whites in the North and "darker" whites in the South, if that makes you happy.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@themajormayor said:

@foxhound_fox said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_wages_by_country

Luxembourg, Monaco, San Marino, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Ireland, Germany, United Kingdom... etc, etc.

All at least $3 more per hour than the US on average.

No. US federal minimum wage is $7.25/h. But per state on average it is higher than that. Ireland, Netherlands, Belgium and Germany has about $2-2.5/h more. I don't think that $2/h than the federal minimum wage will make any American lose their mind. But yeah Luxembourg I guess has a pretty high minimum wage, but one has to remember what a very expensive place that is.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

You know nothing about Canada if you think it's "too cold". The Greater Toronto area and the Vancouver/Victoria areas barely ever go below 32F.

And really, if you are desperate enough to escape the politics of the United States, there are plenty of places within the US where Texas-like folk don't exist.

And maybe do some research before moving, because a lot of people in Europe aren't as progressive as you might think.

Come on fox...he talked to a few on the internet. That has to true....right?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online

@foxhound_fox said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@LexLas said:

Minimum wage is affected by cost of living though. So if minimum wage is higher than it costs more to live there as well. You can't look at things in a vacuum. Minimum is never going to make one live comfortably no matter where you are.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nunovlopes

@LJS9502_basic said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@LexLas said:

Minimum wage is affected by cost of living though. So if minimum wage is higher than it costs more to live there as well. You can't look at things in a vacuum. Minimum is never going to make one live comfortably no matter where you are.

Yeah, minimum wage is going to suck no matter where you are. People look at a higher minimum wage and think it's great but it really isn't. Housing, food, utilities, transportation, almost all basic necessities will cost more. Only advantage in Europe is that folks making minimum wage will still get free healthcare.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online

@nunovlopes said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Yeah, minimum wage is going to suck no matter where you are. People look at a higher minimum wage and think it's great but it really isn't. Housing, food, utilities, transportation, almost all basic necessities will cost more. Only advantage in Europe is that folks making minimum wage will still get free healthcare.

Free healthcare doesn't exist. It's paid for by taxes....which those on minimum wage contribute toward. Not that I'm saying that's a bad thing.....but they are paying for it. It's not really free.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3863 Posts

It might be a good idea for you to move. Maybe the whit conservatives don't want to live around you. By the way it is the liberals who are sheep.