How long do you wait before calling a girl whos number you just got?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Rob0_Jesus
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

Especially if its a girl youve only had a few conversations with and barely know them.

cpo335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 cpo335
Member since 2002 • 5463 Posts
Coupla days. Or until I have a long stretch of time where I am free to make plans or something.
BayKing8877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BayKing8877
Member since 2009 • 53 Posts

2 days

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Don't give into that 3-day waiting game nonsense. Call her up tomorrow (as it's too late tonight). If she wants to play games and thinks less of you for not waiting a few days, then good riddance.

allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts
Depends what your objective is. If you're thinking of trying to establish a serious relationship with her it shouldn't matter. However, if you're trying to look cool, give it a day or two.
ProtestTheJOEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ProtestTheJOEL
Member since 2009 • 1015 Posts
as soon as you walk through the door jolt to the phone
Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

Don't give into that 3-day waiting game nonsense. Call her up tomorrow (as it's too late tonight). If she wants to play games and thinks less of you for not waiting a few days, then good riddance.

Pirate700
I agree with this. Just call her when you feel most comfortable.
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
I usually wait until she's out of earshot.
perphekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 perphekt
Member since 2009 • 1096 Posts
Call her right away. Right now. Get off gamespot, and call her. Duh.
Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
You're already too late. You should've called her immediately too make sure she didn't give you a fake number.
ariz3260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ariz3260
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts

I wait three days. Not really on purpose, but because I have things going on in my life that I forget for a few days._en1gma_

This. I would make sure I made enough of an impression on her before I got her digits, hate to waste both of our times and, it would be really awkward if I call her up and she say "Who are you?"....

Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rob0_Jesus

[QUOTE="Nerd_Man"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

_en1gma_

Touche. I would like to add that you should call her when you have a reason to.

The thing is. She probably doesnt even remember me. We only talked a couple of times. She probably already forgot she gave me her number.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
[QUOTE="Nerd_Man"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

_en1gma_

Or you could make up a reason. Do you have a class with her? Call and say did you write down the homework (even if you already know what it is) and then talk a little more and ask if she wants to hangout sometime.
Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

waiting the "three days" is dumb just call her when you feel like it.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="Nerd_Man"] I agree with this. Just call her when you feel most comfortable.Rob0_Jesus

The thing is. She probably doesnt even remember me. We only talked a couple of times. She probably already forgot she gave me her number.

Another reason why you should call by the next day.

Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rob0_Jesus

[QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"] Touche. I would like to add that you should call her when you have a reason to. Pirate700

Did I forget to mention its been two weeks since I got her number?

ariz3260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ariz3260
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts

Rob0_Jesus

:lol: good luck if she remembers you

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

Rob0_Jesus

you should already have called her.

Avatar image for LieutenantFeist
LieutenantFeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LieutenantFeist
Member since 2008 • 1529 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

Rob0_Jesus

In that case, you have failed.

GhostRiderMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GhostRiderMike
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

Rob0_Jesus

EPIC FAIL
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

At least a day.

shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

2-3 business days.

Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rob0_Jesus

[QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]Another reason why you should call by the next day.

_en1gma_

Ouch that's not a good thing. Were you going to ask this girl on a date?

I was but now I think not. Im gonna ask a girl from my school to homecoming instead. My feelings are confused.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#27 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Within a day or two for me, don't call on the same day though.
aRE-you-AFraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 aRE-you-AFraid
Member since 2006 • 3234 Posts
No less than 2 days, and no more than 3 days.
ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts

A day on two, depending on the situation

AxeStrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AxeStrangler
Member since 2007 • 1889 Posts

I wait one day, no more, no less, but it really depends on the situation.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sajedene
Member since 2004 • 13718 Posts
I'm with all the guys who said DO NOT WAIT 3 days. Who made that rule up is an idiot. A day is good. By the third day, you could have lost her to the guy who called before you did. I know I dont wait for anyone... why should I wait for someone who obviously isnt excited enough to want to go out with me? Desperation pfft... if the girl gives you her number, she wants you to call. I dont give my number to people I dont want to hear from... do you? The best thing to do is when you get the number, or to get the number, plan the date right there - but a vague one. Like, "So lets do something sometime, maybe this weekend... let me get your number and we can plan something out." Then when you call the day after or two, you can actually have a reason to and have the date.
Wet_Sand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 Wet_Sand
Member since 2007 • 1504 Posts
Haha, two weeks? You are way late to the party, my friend.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Oh look I still have this on my Copy pasta:

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
1-2.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Coming from a girl, If I were single, and gave a guy my number, and he waited 3 days to call me, I'd just tell him I'm unavailable. if you couldnt make time to call me the next day, why should I assume you'd make time for me if I were in a relationship with you? the only girl you'll hook if you wait a long time to call (unless for good reason, somebody dying/sick, or she knew you were going away for a few days) is a desperate, clingy, throw-herself-at-you, "please please date me I want to look cool too" girl.
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sajedene
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]Coming from a girl, If I were single, and gave a guy my number, and he waited 3 days to call me, I'd just tell him I'm unavailable. if you couldnt make time to call me the next day, why should I assume you'd make time for me if I were in a relationship with you? the only girl you'll hook if you wait a long time to call (unless for good reason, somebody dying/sick, or she knew you were going away for a few days) is a desperate, clingy, throw-herself-at-you, "please please date me I want to look cool too" girl.

Oooh two of us girls say its stupid to wait 3 days.... who would have thought. HAHAHAHA :P
Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
for texting i wait a couple of days
perphekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 perphekt

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]Coming from a girl, If I were single, and gave a guy my number, and he waited 3 days to call me, I'd just tell him I'm unavailable. if you couldnt make time to call me the next day, why should I assume you'd make time for me if I were in a relationship with you? the only girl you'll hook if you wait a long time to call (unless for good reason, somebody dying/sick, or she knew you were going away for a few days) is a desperate, clingy, throw-herself-at-you, "please please date me I want to look cool too" girl.Sajedene
Oooh two of us girls say its stupid to wait 3 days.... who would have thought. HAHAHAHA :P

What am i? Chopped liver?

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sajedene

[QUOTE="Sajedene"][QUOTE="XilePrincess"]Coming from a girl, If I were single, and gave a guy my number, and he waited 3 days to call me, I'd just tell him I'm unavailable. if you couldnt make time to call me the next day, why should I assume you'd make time for me if I were in a relationship with you? the only girl you'll hook if you wait a long time to call (unless for good reason, somebody dying/sick, or she knew you were going away for a few days) is a desperate, clingy, throw-herself-at-you, "please please date me I want to look cool too" girl.perphekt

Oops! Sorry! THREE GIRLS :D You were all the way on page one... by the time I got here it was all a jumbled mess and my brain cells are done for the day *more rambling excuses* but yeah... we girlies dont give out our numbers to guys we dont want us calling. :\ So really... why wait? Just call.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c47d700b56ab
deactivated-5c47d700b56ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5c47d700b56ab
Member since 2003 • 8038 Posts

well i never waited actually. i always called a day or so after to see what she was doing the coming weekend and maybe to see if she wanted to hang out or go out for a bite to eat or something simple like that.

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
[QUOTE="perphekt"]

[QUOTE="Sajedene"] Oooh two of us girls say its stupid to wait 3 days.... who would have thought. HAHAHAHA :PSajedene

Oops! Sorry! THREE GIRLS :D You were all the way on page one... by the time I got here it was all a jumbled mess and my brain cells are done for the day *more rambling excuses* but yeah... we girlies dont give out our numbers to guys we dont want us calling. :\ So really... why wait? Just call.

what would be the point of calling the first day seems clingy/desperate to me but hey i'm just a guy :(
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 XilePrincess

what would be the point of calling the first day seems clingy/desperate to me but hey i'm just a guy :( XD4NTESINF3RNOX

I don't think it's clingy or desperate at all. If you don't call her fairly soon, she'll give up on you. It shows you're interested when you call in good time. I don't mean call her five minutes after she gives you her number, but generally if I gave somebody my number in the morning I'd hope for a call before 10 pm, and if it was after 8pm, I'd hope by 3pm the next day.

I'd say somebody who calls sooner rather than later, shows they're eager to get to know you, wants to be around you and wants to do things with you. That makes a WAY better boyfriend than a guy who just says "whatever" to everything.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sajedene

[QUOTE="Sajedene"][QUOTE="perphekt"]

XD4NTESINF3RNOX

what would be the point of calling the first day seems clingy/desperate to me but hey i'm just a guy :(

Whats the point of making yourself interested in me and taking my number down only for you to suddenly not be as interested and wait 3 days or more after? If I am not worth your time... you're not worth mine.

Heck, I was already probably expecting you to ask me out right then and there but you didnt and asked for my number instead. So I give it... then you wait to call? Really?

Its only desperate and clingy if I DONT give you my number and you still figure out a way to contact me after.... its like get the hint then.

Akawoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Akawoa
Member since 2008 • 812 Posts

Pirate700

Exactly, if the girl likes you she'll be flattered that you didn't make her wait three days anxiously for a call

perphekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 perphekt

[QUOTE="perphekt"]

[QUOTE="Sajedene"] Oooh two of us girls say its stupid to wait 3 days.... who would have thought. HAHAHAHA :PSajedene

Oops! Sorry! THREE GIRLS :D You were all the way on page one... by the time I got here it was all a jumbled mess and my brain cells are done for the day *more rambling excuses*but yeah... we girlies dont give out our numbers to guys we dont want us calling. :\ So really... why wait? Just call.

:)

Cept, now i feel like an ass, cause i don't give out my number to guys. Ever. :(

Therefore, i'm not really in this conversation, except the fact that i understand girls and i understand the guys... on the subject, however, i get from a girls point of view that a girl wants a guy to call if the number is given and i'm a girl that gets girls numbers and i call the girls straight away, because i, in turn, understand that the girl wanted me to call or the number would not have been given to me. Because i am a girl. And they are girls. And... *sigh*

Oh forget it.

I win. Bottom line.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sajedene
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="XilePrincess"]Coming from a girl, If I were single, and gave a guy my number, and he waited 3 days to call me, I'd just tell him I'm unavailable. if you couldnt make time to call me the next day, why should I assume you'd make time for me if I were in a relationship with you? the only girl you'll hook if you wait a long time to call (unless for good reason, somebody dying/sick, or she knew you were going away for a few days) is a desperate, clingy, throw-herself-at-you, "please please date me I want to look cool too" girl.

Actually, if a girl wants a call that day or pretty soon, she is desperate and clingy and not the type I would want to date.

And a guy who normally waits too long is the guy who gets to watch the girl be with the guy who called sooner.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 XilePrincess

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]Coming from a girl, If I were single, and gave a guy my number, and he waited 3 days to call me, I'd just tell him I'm unavailable. if you couldnt make time to call me the next day, why should I assume you'd make time for me if I were in a relationship with you? the only girl you'll hook if you wait a long time to call (unless for good reason, somebody dying/sick, or she knew you were going away for a few days) is a desperate, clingy, throw-herself-at-you, "please please date me I want to look cool too" girl._en1gma_
Actually, if a girl wants a call that day or pretty soon, she is desperate and clingy and not the type I would want to date.

If you didn't want to call her asap, why would you ask for her number in the first place?

also sajedene = completely correct with what she said there, too. Early bird gets the worm.

jazznate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jazznate
Member since 2008 • 1202 Posts

Swingers has the answerhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aN4w2AfkEY