How do you avoid stalking your.....ex?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

This a silly topic but just wanted to put this out. It's always funny to hear people talk about their ex's.

I've heard (and somewhat experienced) how hard it is to stop stalking your 'gone with the wind' partner after the breakup. Have you ever been through a breakup? how well did you do to avoid stalking their social media profiles or in real life ?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

You realize that it's pathetic and dignity is more important.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

I never done that before in my life. Stalking your ex-girlfriends sound stupid who can't just shake it off. If the relationship isn't working out, I don't let it bother me cause I know there are more girls to see and meet so no, Stalking is stupid and only a strong minded will survive the breakup situation. I had a Girl stalking me while I was in school but that's another story.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

Ex is just that. No interest in seeing what they are doing.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

cut off potential access, if your still friends on Facebook or other stuff then change it, other than that there is no how to, its just will power.

Nothing good can come of stalking your Ex

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gwynnblade

@johnd13 said:

You realize that it's pathetic and dignity is more important.

Have you ever been in a relationship though?

@davillain- said:

I never done that before in my life. Stalking your ex-girlfriends sound stupid who can't just shake it off. If the relationship isn't working out, I don't let it bother me cause I know there are more girls to see and meet so no, Stalking is stupid and only a strong minded will survive the breakup situation. I had a Girl stalking me while I was in school but that's another story.

Maestro, you're cool! please do tell the story.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@gwynnblade: No. And before you reply with a "then you don't know what it feels like" consider this: since you are the stalker, she's probably the one who ended things with you. Meaning for one reason or another, you weren't good enough for her. I don't know about you but I wouldn't be inclined to follow for long a person who doesn't recognise my value.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator

@gwynnblade: Things didn't work out between me and her, I ended up the relationship. Few days, she call me every damn day just to talk and how she miss me. I was being stalk and if a person is stalking you, then that's scary, there's no telling what that person might do and I had to change my phone number. Like I said, only a strong minded can get over a simple breakup and move on easily, stalkers are weak minded fools.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@davillain- said:

@gwynnblade: Things didn't work out between me and her, I ended up the relationship. Few days, she call me every damn day just to talk and how she miss me. I was being stalk and if a person is stalking you, then that's scary, there's no telling what that person might do and I had to change my phone number. Like I said, only a strong minded can get over a simple breakup and move on easily, stalkers are weak minded fools.

I don't think calling classifies as stalking.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#10 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I don't have an ex but I've been stalked several times and I don't see the point. If you have to stalk someone it means they don't want to have anything to do with you so why persist? Hopes that they'll change their mind? Because nothing says mentally stable and potential partner like stalking. =P

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gwynnblade

@johnd13 said:

@gwynnblade: No. And before you reply with a "then you don't know what it feels like" consider this: since you are the stalker, she's probably the one who ended things with you. Meaning for one reason or another, you weren't good enough for her. I don't know about you but I wouldn't be inclined to follow for long a person who doesn't recognise my value.

I was joking man.

Stalking is 'wrong'. But this thread isn't about that. Read the OP, again.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

Find a hotter piece of ass.

Pretty easy.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

I had to move on... Couldn't do that if I was stalking her.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gwynnblade

@horgen said:

How did you find the will to do so?

And what necessary steps you took.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@gwynnblade said:
@horgen said:

How did you find the will to do so?

And what necessary steps you took.

I had help from friends. I knew I shouldn't stalk her, and had a bit of help from friends to keep myself busy. Focused more on what I was working on.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@-God- said:

Pretty easy.

I like your style God. My thoughts exactly.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gwynnblade

@davillain- said:
@-God- said:

Pretty easy.

I like your style God. My thoughts exactly.

I know I shouldn't ask this but, how do you guys live such loveless lives?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Just move on, there's plenty of more women out there and if she hurt you that badly she's not worth the extra time spent on her now.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator

@gwynnblade said:

I was dating random girls back when I was in high school at 10th grade, I met my baby mama when I was in 11th grade and from there, I settle down, I didn't think we'd be together for so long, we live together now with our 8 year old daughter and no, I'm not Marry and I have no intention to do so. My life is lovely now if that's what your wondering.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I'd move on. It doesn't help anything, but it certainly hurts. If a chick didn't bend over backwards to try make you happy, she honestly isn't worth your time. There are always women out there who'll fight for your attention - find someone like that.

Megane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Megane
Member since 2015 • 685 Posts

I stayed friends with mine or at least still speak to them so no stalking on my end.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gwynnblade

@davillain- said:
@gwynnblade said:

I was dating random girls back when I was in high school at 10th grade, I met my baby mama when I was in 11th grade and from there, I settle down, I didn't think we'd be together for so long, we live together now with our 8 year old daughter and no, I'm not Marry and I have no intention to do so. My life is lovely now if that's what your wondering.

Well, that's good then. But still, I wonder how people date without even falling in love. I know its more of a personal preference or an issue but I really can't wrap my head around it.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gwynnblade

@magicalclick: When my 'partner' broke up with me, she deleted me from FB first. God damn, I couldn't believe it. For a few days, I really couldn't believe it. But then I came across something that cleared my mind so I was able to see everything clearly. I introspected every little thing leading up to the break up and the only thing that came to my mind was "Thank God we broke up". Then I took the next step, she was in my friend list on another site we used to frequent. There, I removed her first. Then deleted all her pics and stayed away from my laptop (that reminded me of her) and I kind of erased all the traces of her just to avoid the intrusive thoughts. And now I'm here, fine as the fine gentleman I am.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#25  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

In my first "relationship" (notice the quotes) I kinda stalked but I grew up with the experience and never did it again. Later, when you dont think much about her anymore you'll feel good about yourself cause you maintained your dignity. And trust me, she will view you with better eyes in the future if you didnt stalked her and moved with your own life. She will understand you can live without her and thats a shot to her ego and theres nothing more fragile than someones ego

Try to push away everything that reminds you of her. Far away from the eyes, far from the mind

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Its even harder when you work with your ex and she lives right next to were you work.

I try so hard to stay away from her and give her all her space, but she finds any little thing to think that im trying to get her back and that Im a "psycho" one night she was blowing up my phone the last hour that I was at work, so when I got off at 11pm, I told her what ever the **** the problem/issue was we are gonna talk about it in person. Like I said she lives 60 seconds away from our job, so I came to her spot and told her whatever it is she is talking about she can come tell me in person cuz I wasnt having Text message fight when we could resolve the issue right there and then in person.

So Im outside her house thinking she was gonna come out side, instead the bitch was looking at me through the window texting 5 page essays about things I didnt even understand. I didnt yell or knock down on her door, I texted her to come out side and call her and she would just keep text fighting me. Then she's talking about Im stalking her and Im a psycho for showing up at her house.

She turned out to be a slut anyways and people at work are starting to see that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

They are my ex for a reason. I cant stand them.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#28 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Ex is just that. No interest in seeing what they are doing.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

When it's over, done and moved on. sad at first... Don't care, don't give a damn anymore. don't ever wanna look back. I don't even give a shit.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

wow stalking your ex?

my last ex broke up with me and i destroyed any trace of her from my life and found my curent girl

Best tip - ask a friend if they know a single girl and start over

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Occupy yourself with other things besides looking her up on social media.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

All it takes to unfriend a person is a simple click of a button. You should choose to click it because not staring at their facebook page and thinking about them will help you move on with your life.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Let's be honest. If you have an ex you either F***** it all up, or she wasn't worth it otherwise she wouldn't be your ex.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I don't use social media stuff. No exes can stalk me this way. I don't stalk them. Its the other way around.

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#36  Edited By Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

I been with my partner for about 7 years which was before I knew about the existence of Social Media. Before that I moved on and didn't look back as one was a very mutual and sudden break-up on a short relationship and the other I left because she was starting to look too much like her mum and smelled of Minestrone soup.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37  Edited By chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@johnd13 said:

Nice pre-emptive strike
And ya really don't
Everyone responds differently to that situation
But no matter how you handle it
It's never as easy as "It's pathetic thus you should get over her"
Which is all fine and dandy if your sober or don't see her
But as soon as you drink, or see a photo or see her in person (especially if its with another guy)
You sorta forget that whole, "I'm over this bish" thing you had going on
Nek minit
Drunk messages and regret

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#38 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

Umm... just don't do it? Works for me!

aryianna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 aryianna
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

Yeah stalking, looking, peeking at photos on social media all of that is bad, it just doesn't allow you to move on. I know it happens though and I believe a lot of people act tougher than they are and don't admit they've done so. I'm big enough to admit I have looked at an ex on social media to see what they're doing but not that I want them back. I just happen to be incredibly nosy.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#40 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts

Fun story. My ex lives on the same street me and my husband do. The joys of having to move back in with my parents. So yeah....I have never felt a real need to stalk him because he was pretty much just always there. It doesn't help that we grew up together and that I am still pretty close to his family. I am actually really looking forward to getting away from this awkward mess.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

easy

never had a gf

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@Amnesiac23 said:

Fun story. My ex lives on the same street me and my husband do. The joys of having to move back in with my parents. So yeah....I have never felt a real need to stalk him because he was pretty much just always there. It doesn't help that we grew up together and that I am still pretty close to his family. I am actually really looking forward to getting away from this awkward mess.

Move back in with your rents
Ex on the same street
Childhood friends
Close with fams
Fvck
That

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#43 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Stop talking to them. Block them on social media. Don't answer their phone calls. Don't listen to their messages. Ignore them in public places. Stalking isn't my thing. It's a waste of time. I had one ex who stalked me, though. Parked near me in the college parking garage, showing up in places I do during my ridiculously early schedule, having her friends send me friend requests on social media, etc. Refusing to acknowledge her existence worked after a while.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

When most of my past relationships ended I felt like this ...

Loading Video...

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Spammer necro bump.

-Byshop