How do i put this delicately....

• 177 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts
For what it is worth, I went through a lot more than 5 medications and was convinced they were never going to help as well, before suddenly one combination did.
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 dragonmaster64
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
In the end i cant really make you believe but youll have to take my word for it. My understanding is truly exceptional i can understand emotions like no other. I am intelligent, and i exceptional at entertaining ideas that could/ could not likely happen, i am great at seeing different perspectives. I was first called a genius by my teacher in grade 10 (during a teacher interview, i was also told i was shy and quite) but i didnt make it of anything at the time. Iv been called genius again in university or smart. Just know that i make my assumptions with good reason. My everyday experiences/suffering and my emotional pain. In the end youll just have to take my word.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"] lol you have naruto in your avatar too loool but if your not gonna help then leave.toast_burner

I'll give you a very helpful tip, that will come in handy (and i know im sounding mean, but im serious this time): no one has to help you, and no one has to understand you either. You are who you are... its all up to you. Maybe there is no help, maybe you just cant be around other people. There isnt anything anyone can do.

Gays should stop being gay

Blacks should stop being black.

The mentally ill should stop being ill. 

It really isn't as simple as that.

um........................ ok..............................(?)
Communist_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Communist_Soul
Member since 2009 • 3080 Posts

Nah, you just seem like an asshoIe.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

For what it is worth, I went through a lot more than 5 medications and was convinced they were never going to help as well, before suddenly one combination did.IdioticIcarus

I went through 3 sets of meds before they got mine right.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 dragonmaster64
For what it is worth, I went through a lot more than 5 medications and was convinced they were never going to help as well, before suddenly one combination did.IdioticIcarus
A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary. My docs told me that delusions never take physical manifistastion, for example if you see people getting killed and you are delusional then they arent necessarily getting killed. But for me i can see physical symptoms, therefore its proof that its not delusional (and if its not delusional there is nothing in a millions of miles of range similar to it). i told my docs but they didnt want to investigate it further. youll ask me what physical symptoms but i cant answer because in the end it will seem im making up a hopeless/unfathomable situation.
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

So, you have psychosis?

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

[QUOTE="IdioticIcarus"]For what it is worth, I went through a lot more than 5 medications and was convinced they were never going to help as well, before suddenly one combination did.dragonmaster64
A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary. My docs told me that delusions never take physical manifistastion, for example if you see people getting killed and you are delusional then they arent necessarily getting killed. But for me i can see physical symptoms, therefore its proof that its not delusional (and if its not delusional there is nothing in a millions of miles of range similar to it). i told my docs but they didnt want to investigate it further. youll ask me what physical symptoms but i cant answer because in the end it will seem im making up a hopeless/unfathomable situation.

Translation: You have EVERY mentally ill persons disorder. i.e. "Everyone is crazy but you."

We're not stupid.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 dragonmaster64
[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"]In the end i cant really make you believe but youll have to take my word for it. My understanding is truly exceptional i can understand emotions like no other. I am intelligent, and i exceptional at entertaining ideas that could/ could not likely happen, i am great at seeing different perspectives. I was first called a genius by my teacher in grade 10 (during a teacher interview, i was also told i was shy and quite) but i didnt make it of anything at the time. Iv been called genius again in university or smart. Just know that i make my assumptions with good reason. My everyday experiences/suffering and my emotional pain. In the end youll just have to take my word.thegerg
You've got to understand that you, as a mentally ill person, are not in a place where you can make a reasonable assessment about your own illness, regardless of whether or not you thin you're smart. Dealing with mental illness is hard. It will take you a while and you'll have to put in real work. To pretend that your case is one of a kind, doctors can't diagnose you, and no treatment will work is not the right answer.

you would be right but you see my mental illness does not spread to other daily judgements that i make. time and time has shown this and i am not handicapped but instead surpass even those around me. so they i am adequate for making decisions.
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 dragonmaster64
[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="thegerg"] You've got to understand that you, as a mentally ill person, are not in a place where you can make a reasonable assessment about your own illness, regardless of whether or not you thin you're smart. Dealing with mental illness is hard. It will take you a while and you'll have to put in real work. To pretend that your case is one of a kind, doctors can't diagnose you, and no treatment will work is not the right answer.

you would be right but you see my mental illness does not spread to other daily judgements that i make. time and time has shown this and i am not handicapped but instead surpass even those around me. so they i am adequate for making decisions.

"my mental illness does not spread to other daily judgements that i make." Again, one who is mentally ill is not capable of making a reasonable assessment in such regard.

talking to clearly wastes time and space. i said that i would make arguments with others and through outside assesment i was right most of the time.
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 dragonmaster64
[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="thegerg"] "my mental illness does not spread to other daily judgements that i make." Again, one who is mentally ill is not capable of making a reasonable assessment in such regard.

talking to clearly wastes time and space. i said that i would make arguments with others and through outside assesment i was right most of the time.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time here, but your posts are making less and less sense. I highly recommend that you seek further professional help. Listen to your doctors, they know more about what's going on with you than you do.

lol..........ok
jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#66 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5467 Posts

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

pfft. big deal. everyone is delusional.

you literally don't even see a fraction of the truth of the world around you.

http://www.spring.org.uk/2007/10/how-and-why-we-lie-to-ourselves.php

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/29/opinion/29iht-edwang.1.14069662.html?_r=2&

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2008/10/19/fighting-cognitive-dissonance-the-lies-we-tell-ourselves/

so you are slightly more delusional than those around you, big deal.

dragonmaster64

I have went through so much suffering and my eyes have opened that i know this but i know it is not true for me. Through what i went through i subconciously trained myself to see everything for what it is. I can see others lie to themselves to lighten their lives. But in my life there are no lies that i make up just facts. Just take my words for truth or we will be debating forever. I edited O post.

Sounds like a mixture. Aspergers / Autism especially as you claim to be highly intelligent! I have skim read the posts you have put here on the 1st page so by the time i post im not sure this is relevant but thats my stab.

Intelligencein Maths etc or Mechanical understanding would suggest this mate. Perhaps coupled with a delusional psychotic side. Social anxiety as well is quite likely. Sorry to say but only training may cure you and some drugs especially for the delusional symptoms. Have you been diagnosed with Autism at all?

Suicidal thoughts are more than likely due to your lack of understanding of your condition and the fact you feel hopeless.

SO i call depression on that one. My advice ask your doctor to test you for Autism! Can you make eye contact with people? Thats a good sign of some symptoms! U can take a spectrum test online as well that will give you a points score and let you know how far on the spectrum you are. Im sorry you feel that way. Life is such a **** Cognative nehavioral therapy maybe worth looking into as well. 

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 dragonmaster64
[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="thegerg"] I'm not trying to give you a hard time here, but your posts are making less and less sense. I highly recommend that you seek further professional help. Listen to your doctors, they know more about what's going on with you than you do.

lol..........ok

Treating it as a laughing matter isn't going to help you get better.

laughing at you kind of help though.
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 dragonmaster64

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

pfft. big deal. everyone is delusional.

you literally don't even see a fraction of the truth of the world around you.

http://www.spring.org.uk/2007/10/how-and-why-we-lie-to-ourselves.php

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/29/opinion/29iht-edwang.1.14069662.html?_r=2&

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2008/10/19/fighting-cognitive-dissonance-the-lies-we-tell-ourselves/

so you are slightly more delusional than those around you, big deal.

jwsoul

I have went through so much suffering and my eyes have opened that i know this but i know it is not true for me. Through what i went through i subconciously trained myself to see everything for what it is. I can see others lie to themselves to lighten their lives. But in my life there are no lies that i make up just facts. Just take my words for truth or we will be debating forever. I edited O post.

Sounds like a mixture. Aspergers / Autism especially as you claim to be highly intelligent! I have skim read the posts you have put here on the 1st page so by the time i post im not sure this is relevant but thats my stab.

Intelligencein Maths etc or Mechanical understanding would suggest this mate. Perhaps coupled with a delusional psychotic side. Social anxiety as well is quite likely. Sorry to say but only training may cure you and some drugs especially for the delusional symptoms. Have you been diagnosed with Autism at all?

Suicidal thoughts are more than likely due to your lack of understanding of your condition and the fact you feel hopeless.

SO i call depression on that one. My advice ask your doctor to test you for Autism! Can you make eye contact with people? Thats a good sign of some symptoms! U can take a spectrum test online as well that will give you a points score and let you know how far on the spectrum you are. Im sorry you feel that way. Life is such a **** Cognative nehavioral therapy maybe worth looking into as well. 

thanks for your post i already did CBT. my docs are diagnosed me as delusional. but in the end i think they are wrong and in the end what im going through is unfathomable.
FuggaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 FuggaJ
Member since 2012 • 318 Posts

Yer delusion wouldn't happen to be that you think you have a disorder unique to you would it? Or is it that you think yer a lot more intelligent than everyone else?

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

Seriously TC. Go to the doctor. Ask for some meds.

Ok so the meds aren't working. Tell your doctor that.

Iceozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 Iceozo
Member since 2009 • 6441 Posts

grandiose (believes that he/she is the greatest, strongest, fastest, richest, and/or most intelligent person ever), 

I think we know what kind of delusions you are suffering from.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 dragonmaster64
no..........
Avatar image for BenedictArnold7
BenedictArnold7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BenedictArnold7
Member since 2012 • 743 Posts
What is that you think when you are around other people? Give an example. I know someone who has schizophrenia and I have studied some psychology in college. Obviously, I am not a doctor or qualified to treat you in any way, but I find this interesting.
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 dragonmaster64
[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"]no..........thegerg
No one asked you a question. Please see your doctor.

please read my original post.
What is that you think when you are around other people? Give an example. I know someone who has schizophrenia and I have studied some psychology in college. Obviously, I am not a doctor or qualified to treat you in any way, but I find this interesting. BenedictArnold7
its very complicated.
heytheredarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 heytheredarlin
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]

stop being a b*tch and act right.

problem solved.

Nengo_Flow

thats kind of funny what you said. but the enigma of my life is beyond bizzare. you cannot begin to fathom what i go through.

and neither would anyone care. You probably jsut watch too much Naruto and think you have sharingan powers

What he said. You're not unique TC, to me it just sounds like you're being a b!tch.

BenedictArnold7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BenedictArnold7
[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"] No one asked you a question. Please see your doctor.

please read my original post.
What is that you think when you are around other people? Give an example. I know someone who has schizophrenia and I have studied some psychology in college. Obviously, I am not a doctor or qualified to treat you in any way, but I find this interesting. BenedictArnold7
its very complicated.

Well just write it. I have had conversations with the schizophrenic person that I am talking about... so I can wrap my head around really whacked out beliefs. Maybe I can point something out that can help you.
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 dragonmaster64

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"] thats kind of funny what you said. but the enigma of my life is beyond bizzare. you cannot begin to fathom what i go through.heytheredarlin

and neither would anyone care. You probably jsut watch too much Naruto and think you have sharingan powers

What he said. You're not unique TC, to me it just sounds like you're being a b!tch.

w/e man i know what iv been through.
BenedictArnold7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 BenedictArnold7

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"] thats kind of funny what you said. but the enigma of my life is beyond bizzare. you cannot begin to fathom what i go through.heytheredarlin

That is because you are ignorant and don't understand the nature of mental illnesses at all. If you are older than 18 I suggest you give up on life now. At least this guy is interesting.
heytheredarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 heytheredarlin

[QUOTE="Niff_T"]

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"]

It's not.

[QUOTE="drangonmaster64"]

OR that there are people out there like me yet the number is very few.

dragonmaster64

This is more likely.

More people than you'd think likely experience some sort of delusion, but at a level that's much less severe than yourself (assuming what you're saying is accurate).

Thanks for your input but just so you know i am a very intellectual and intelligent person. I say this because time and time again i reason with people and in the end i find my reasoning to be right. I have been called smart, genius by my peers (although i may not be the smartest in my class the way i approach things is distinct). That being said when i say that my problem is one of a kind. Dont take it light hardely. I understand that the probability is so low that it is inconceivable. yet every it is a reasonable conclusion.

Rofl!

heytheredarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 heytheredarlin

[QUOTE="heytheredarlin"]

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] and neither would anyone care. You probably jsut watch too much Naruto and think you have sharingan powersBenedictArnold7

That is because you are ignorant and don't understand the nature of mental illnesses at all. If you are older than 18 I suggest you give up on life now. At least this guy is interesting.

Nope I do understand mental illnesses. It's for that very reason that I believe TC is being a b!tch.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 dragonmaster64

[QUOTE="BenedictArnold7"][QUOTE="heytheredarlin"]

heytheredarlin

Nope I do understand mental illnesses. It's for that very reason that I believe TC is being a b!tch.

lmaoo you obviously dont lmaoooo. its so funny how you are completely contricting yourself. its like someone mentally ill going to a doctor and the doctor calls them a b!!tch. lool
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 dragonmaster64
[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="thegerg"]

thegerg
w/e man i know what iv been through.

No, you don't. If you're legitimately mentally ill then you don't know the full story.

lol i think your words are lowering my IQ.
heytheredarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 heytheredarlin

[QUOTE="heytheredarlin"]

[QUOTE="BenedictArnold7"] That is because you are ignorant and don't understand the nature of mental illnesses at all. If you are older than 18 I suggest you give up on life now. At least this guy is interesting. dragonmaster64

lmaoo you obviously dont lmaoooo. its so funny how you are completely contricting yourself. its like someone mentally ill going to a doctor and the doctor calls them a b!!tch. lool

I've been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, moderate to severe social anxiety, and ADHD. I know a thing or two about mental illnesses. The difference between me and you however, is that I don't cry and look for sympathy from a bunch of strangers on an internet forum. I've learned to suck it up and deal with it.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 dragonmaster64

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="heytheredarlin"]

heytheredarlin

I've been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, moderate to severe social anxiety, and ADHD. I know a thing or two about mental illnesses. The difference between me and you however, is that I don't cry and look for sympathy from a bunch of strangers on an internet forum. I've learned to suck it up and deal with it.

your a foolish little boy and its a shame you could have lerned much from your illness. there is clearly a difference between us....
BenedictArnold7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 BenedictArnold7

[QUOTE="BenedictArnold7"][QUOTE="heytheredarlin"]

heytheredarlin

Clearly you don't understand them very well. He is a different person. Whatever process that go on in your brain that allow you to be as you are... AREN'T possible for him at the moment. In top of that, they simply may not be possible to work on even with medication due to the state of his brain. This may be due to a chemical disturbance caused in his brain due to who knows what. It's like me removing your hippocampus and then calling you stupid for not remembering anything. What you are saying is simply stupid.
heytheredarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 heytheredarlin

[QUOTE="heytheredarlin"]

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"] lmaoo you obviously dont lmaoooo. its so funny how you are completely contricting yourself. its like someone mentally ill going to a doctor and the doctor calls them a b!!tch. looldragonmaster64

your a foolish little boy and its a shame you could have lerned much from your illness. there is clearly a difference between us....

Hilarious. What have you learned from your illness? You don't even know what your so called illness is. From reading your posts, it sounds like all you're doing is being dramatic and wallowing in your little bubble of depression.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 dragonmaster64

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="heytheredarlin"]

heytheredarlin

Hilarious. What have you learned from your illness? You don't even know what your so called illness is. From reading your posts, it sounds like all your doing is being dramatic and wallowing in your little bubble of depression.

no im not being that, i realize know that you dont understand and that in this time period you probably never will. so it would be pointless to post here.
Iceozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Iceozo

I don't think you want to get better, otherwise you'd be taking a much more active approach to this. That, or you're lying for attention, there's that too... yeah I'd go with lying.

heytheredarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 heytheredarlin

I don't think you want to get better, otherwise you'd be taking a much more active approach to this. That, or you're lying for attention, there's that too... yeah I'd go with lying.

Iceozo

This is what I'm leaning towards. He can't even be specific on what these so called "delusions" are.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 dragonmaster64

[QUOTE="Iceozo"]

heytheredarlin

This is what I'm leaning towards. He can't even be specific on what these so called "delusions" are.

yea im clearly lying for attention. its not like people who are depressed or lonely genuinely need attention.... you two are useless.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#97 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

man... only suggestion i have is maybe try find help group online/around you with people whom has dealt with this for longer then you and They may have ways to help them to deal with it.

Iceozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Iceozo

Then be specific if you truly want help. You're just like those people on Facebook who make a status about how sh!t their life is and when people ask them what's wrong they just say don't worry. WHY did you make a topic if you don't want to go into detail, it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack, except the haystack is a bunch of rusty needles. You may be having problems but until you explain yourself you're not gonna be believed or helped, which is why you came here, right? 

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 dragonmaster64

Then be specific if you truly want help. You're just like those people on Facebook who make a status about how sh!t their life is and when people ask them what's wrong they just say don't worry. WHY did you make a topic if you don't want to go into detail, it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack, except the haystack is a bunch of rusty needles. You may be having problems but until you explain yourself you're not gonna be believed or helped, which is why you came here, right? 

Iceozo
i made topics before explaining my problem i think i made a couple, but time and time again the enigma of the description just made people more confused. so no you are wrong.g
Iceozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Iceozo

2 things:

1. Link to topics, plz.
2. Hinty hint hint, if you've made topics before and no one understands the illness (and therefore cannot truly help you) why are you still making topics?

I'm not wrong, you're just making excuses now, you can fvck right off with the guilt trip too.Â