How do i put this delicately....

• 177 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dragonmaster64
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts

So iv been diagnosed with Delusions ( although for the record i dont think its delusions, they are real)(of course i would say that) and i realize my delusions only happen when im around others, and they happen so severly ( i become so emotionally wrecked) that i feel suicidal. But when i go home and am by myself i settle down and dont have the urges anymore. What do i do? I go to class everyday, and since there are people all around me you would imagine the pain i go through. what do i do?

EDIT: i can explain what exactly happens around other people but it was just bring mass confusion just know the end result is that i feel so emotionally wrecked that all  ithink about is suicide.

The thing is that i have been seeing a doctor already and tried different medications and yet nothing is working. I have tried the doctor path (5 docs).

Through dealing with my ordeal i have come to the conclusion that my problem is truly one of a kind. Truly. OR that there are people out there like me yet the number is very few.

and although they may have it they dont necessarily know they have it. The reason i know how i have it is because i went through a certain specific set of circumstances that in a way has revealed itself to me. I know this is bizare x 1 million. But believe what im saying and dont try to argue...

iv seen around 5 docs, doctor, phsychologist, physciatrist and therapist. Did Cognitive behavior therapy and tests like EEG. they diagnosed me as delusional (pretty much i realized they diagnose this to anyone who tells them anything thats not written in their books and they dont know how to evalutate it) so i took meds for delusional. aroudn 5 meds and still nothing. so here i am.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

What exactly happens when other people are around?

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Normally, the doctor giving you your diagnosis would then immediately segue into answering the "what do I do" question.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

pfft. big deal. everyone is delusional.

you literally don't even see a fraction of the truth of the world around you.

http://www.spring.org.uk/2007/10/how-and-why-we-lie-to-ourselves.php

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/29/opinion/29iht-edwang.1.14069662.html?_r=2&

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2008/10/19/fighting-cognitive-dissonance-the-lies-we-tell-ourselves/

so you are slightly more delusional than those around you, big deal.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

stop being a b*tch and act right.

problem solved.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dragonmaster64

pfft. big deal. everyone is delusional.

you literally don't even see a fraction of the truth of the world around you.

http://www.spring.org.uk/2007/10/how-and-why-we-lie-to-ourselves.php

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/29/opinion/29iht-edwang.1.14069662.html?_r=2&

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2008/10/19/fighting-cognitive-dissonance-the-lies-we-tell-ourselves/

so you are slightly more delusional than those around you, big deal.

Riverwolf007

I have went through so much suffering and my eyes have opened that i know this but i know it is not true for me. Through what i went through i subconciously trained myself to see everything for what it is. I can see others lie to themselves to lighten their lives. But in my life there are no lies that i make up just facts. Just take my words for truth or we will be debating forever. I edited O post.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dragonmaster64

problem solved.

Nengo_Flow
thats kind of funny what you said. but the enigma of my life is beyond bizzare. you cannot begin to fathom what i go through.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nengo_Flow
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]

problem solved.

dragonmaster64
thats kind of funny what you said. but the enigma of my life is beyond bizzare. you cannot begin to fathom what i go through.

and neither would anyone care. You probably jsut watch too much Naruto and think you have sharingan powers
TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

The first thing you need to do is: be 100% honest with your doctor.

I have Bi-Polar disorder, when Im not on my meds, I think the T.V. is talking to me and making fun of me or telling me to save the president.

So if your doctor asks you something and you lie (you want to be normal, everyone does) you will not get the help you need.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

Stop thinking and just go through the motions. When you leave home, put on your theater face.

Socializing is largely an act...balancing the personal with the interpersonal and trying not to go too far in either direction.

There's a reason the word Family has the root 'familiar' : you aren't being yourself in public, you're representing yourself. Most people don't behave in public as they do at home, and that's a good thing.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dragonmaster64
[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]

problem solved.

Nengo_Flow

and neither would anyone care. You probably jsut watch too much Naruto and think you have sharingan powers

lol you have naruto in your avatar too loool but if your not gonna help then leave.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

I guess all you can do is go to therapy and talk to someone regularly about what your going through.  I used to have severe anxiety up until the age of about 20.  I'm 24 now and never have anxiety anymore.  Just try to be happy and find yourself I suppose. Don't overthink everything.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Normally, the doctor giving you your diagnosis would then immediately segue into answering the "what do I do" question.

Oleg_Huzwog
Indeed...would be the place to go.
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

How about going to a clinic or something where you' ll be under close surveillance at all times?

Also have you ever thought that you might be overreacting in an attempt to feel "different" or sth?

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

You always come to OT for medical advice, brah?

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dragonmaster64

The first thing you need to do is: be 100% honest with your doctor.

I have Bi-Polar disorder, when Im not on my meds, I think the T.V. is talking to me and making fun of me or telling me to save the president.

So if your doctor asks you something and you lie (you want to be normal, everyone does) you will not get the help you need.

TheHighWind
i have been completely honest. i told her everything and in the end she said i was delusional. so i went on the meds. 4 or 5. and med after med led to nothing.

Stop thinking and just go through the motions. When you leave home, put on your theater face.

Socializing is largely an act...balancing the personal with the interpersonal and trying not to go too far in either direction.

There's a reason the word Family has the root 'familiar' : you aren't being yourself in public, you're representing yourself. Most people don't behave in public as they do at home, and that's a good thing.

br0kenrabbit
thanks for your input but im not the average joe. i am highly intellectual and i know. i wish it is that simple but as i said i believe this to be a condition never existing before and thats why normal routine advice wont work. this is something unfathomable. but just know i have tried what you asked and a hundred times more.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nengo_Flow
[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"] thats kind of funny what you said. but the enigma of my life is beyond bizzare. you cannot begin to fathom what i go through.

lol you have naruto in your avatar too loool but if your not gonna help then leave.

I'll give you a very helpful tip, that will come in handy (and i know im sounding mean, but im serious this time): no one has to help you, and no one has to understand you either. You are who you are... its all up to you. Maybe there is no help, maybe you just cant be around other people. There isnt anything anyone can do.
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

Through dealing with my ordeal i have come to the conclusion that my problem is truly one of a kind. Truly. dragonmaster64

It's not.

OR that there are people out there like me yet the number is very few.

drangonmaster64

This is more likely.

More people than you'd think likely experience some sort of delusion, but at a level that's much less severe than yourself (assuming what you're saying is accurate).

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dragonmaster64

How about going to a clinic or something where you' ll be under close surveillance at all times?

Also have you ever thought that you might be overreacting in an attempt to feel "different" or sth?

johnd13
there is nothing more than me wanting that. i told my therapist, psychologist and psychiatrist that on multiple occasions, but they told me that i didnt want to go to a place like that and that it would ruin my life ( which i can agree as it will be on permenant record) but its the lesser of two evils, i cant live the way i am know.
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dragonmaster64

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"] 

Through dealing with my ordeal i have come to the conclusion that my problem is truly one of a kind. Truly. Niff_T

It's not.

OR that there are people out there like me yet the number is very few.

drangonmaster64

This is more likely.

More people than you'd think likely experience some sort of delusion, but at a level that's much less severe than yourself (assuming what you're saying is accurate).

Thanks for your input but just so you know i am a very intellectual and intelligent person. I say this because time and time again i reason with people and in the end i find my reasoning to be right. I have been called smart, genius by my peers (although i may not be the smartest in my class the way i approach things is distinct). That being said when i say that my problem is one of a kind. Dont take it light hardely. I understand that the probability is so low that it is inconceivable. yet every it is a reasonable conclusion.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] and neither would anyone care. You probably jsut watch too much Naruto and think you have sharingan powersNengo_Flow

I'll give you a very helpful tip, that will come in handy (and i know im sounding mean, but im serious this time): no one has to help you, and no one has to understand you either. You are who you are... its all up to you. Maybe there is no help, maybe you just cant be around other people. There isnt anything anyone can do.

Gays should stop being gay

Blacks should stop being black.

The mentally ill should stop being ill. 

It really isn't as simple as that.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dragonmaster64

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"] lol you have naruto in your avatar too loool but if your not gonna help then leave.toast_burner

"Maybe there is no help, maybe you just cant be around other people" that is my conclusion.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] I'll give you a very helpful tip, that will come in handy (and i know im sounding mean, but im serious this time): no one has to help you, and no one has to understand you either. You are who you are... its all up to you. Maybe there is no help, maybe you just cant be around other people. There isnt anything anyone can do. dragonmaster64

"Maybe there is no help, maybe you just cant be around other people" that is my conclusion.

Which isn't true as people have recieved help and gotten better.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 br0kenrabbit

thanks for your input but im not the average joe. i am highly intellectual and i know. i wish it is that simple but as i said i believe this to be a condition never existing before and thats why normal routine advice wont work. this is something unfathomable. but just know i have tried what you asked and a hundred times more.dragonmaster64

No offense, but if you were as 'highly intellectual' as you think you are, I'd expect far better grammar and sentence structure. It isn't just "this is the internet, blah blah blah"...if you were educated to use proper English then that would be your natural way of writing: you would actually have to make an attempt to write poorly.

I'm wondering if you're a narcissist now. You think other people are stupid and you're so bright, so you're always nit-picking other peoples habits to find their imperfections. Yeah, that'd drive just about anyone nuts.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dragonmaster64

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]Gays should stop being gay

toast_burner

Which isn't true as people have recieved help and gotten better.

iv seen around 5 docs, doctor, phsychologist, physciatrist and therapist. Did Cognitive behavior therapy and tests like EEG. they diagnosed me as delusional (pretty much i realized they diagnose this to anyone who tells them anything thats not written in their books and they dont know how to evalutate it) so i took meds for delusional. aroudn 5 meds and still nothing. so here i am.
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dragonmaster64

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"] thanks for your input but im not the average joe. i am highly intellectual and i know. i wish it is that simple but as i said i believe this to be a condition never existing before and thats why normal routine advice wont work. this is something unfathomable. but just know i have tried what you asked and a hundred times more.br0kenrabbit

No offense, but if you were as 'highly intellectual' as you think you are, I'd expect far better grammar and sentence structure. It isn't just "this is the internet, blah blah blah"...if you were educated to use proper English then that would be your natural way of writing: you would actually have to make an attempt to write poorly.

I'm wondering if you're a narcissist now. You think other people are stupid and you're so bright, so you're always nit-picking other peoples habits to find their imperfections. Yeah, that'd drive just about anyone nuts.

yes i am somewhat narcisstic but i know when to clearly divide the line. Through what i have been through i can see life through so many different perspectives thats why i am highly intellectual, my greatest asset/gift is that i am great at understanding. Dont write me off just because my gramer is off. There is no correlation. and im rushing and kind of emotional. in the end youll have to take my word for it.
TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheHighWind

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

dragonmaster64

there is nothing more than me wanting that. i told my therapist, psychologist and psychiatrist that on multiple occasions, but they told me that i didnt want to go to a place like that and that it would ruin my life ( which i can agree as it will be on permenant record) but its the lesser of two evils, i cant live the way i am know.

Are you talking about a mental hospital?

The longest you'll be in one is two weeks.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheHighWind

To quote one of my fav movies: "Spy Hard"

You're not crazy, crazy is walking down the street with half a cantleoupe on your head saying: "I am a hamster, I am a hamster."

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 br0kenrabbit

yes i am somewhat narcisstic but i know when to clearly divide the line. Through what i have been through i can see life through so many different perspectives thats why i am highly intellectual, my greatest asset/gift is that i am great at understanding. Dont write me off just because my gramer is off. There is no correlation. and im rushing and kind of emotional. in the end youll have to take my word for it.dragonmaster64

I've been through a lot of $hit, too. I've been horribly injured, betrayed, lied to, $hit on, spit on, set up, knocked down and left for worse. I'm willing to bet most people have such a story. You just have to take the cards you've been delt and play the best hand you can.

Look, I know what mental issues are: I've been institutionalized twice for 6 months at a time over them. I've been on all kinds of drugs from the man and therapy and everything. I've delt with $hit in my life, and I've learned to deal with the $hit in my life.

People may not agree with the way I deal with matters, but it works for me. I certainly had to stop nit-picking people to bring my anger under control, and that was the first step on a long road.

Someone may not be as smart as you, but they may work twice as hard as you're willing to. Intelligence isn't the only measure of a person.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"] thanks for your input but im not the average joe. i am highly intellectual and i know. i wish it is that simple but as i said i believe this to be a condition never existing before and thats why normal routine advice wont work. this is something unfathomable. but just know i have tried what you asked and a hundred times more.dragonmaster64

yes i am somewhat narcisstic but i know when to clearly divide the line. Through what i have been through i can see life through so many different perspectives thats why i am highly intellectual, my greatest asset/gift is that i am great at understanding. Dont write me off just because my gramer is off. There is no correlation. and im rushing and kind of emotional. in the end youll have to take my word for it.

:lol: You're funny anyway....
TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheHighWind

Someone may not be as smart as you, but they may work twice as hard as you're willing to. Intelligence isn't the only measure of a person.

br0kenrabbit

QFT

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dragonmaster64
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"] :lol: You're funny anyway....

unfortunately my circumstance isnt..

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"]yes i am somewhat narcisstic but i know when to clearly divide the line. Through what i have been through i can see life through so many different perspectives thats why i am highly intellectual, my greatest asset/gift is that i am great at understanding. Dont write me off just because my gramer is off. There is no correlation. and im rushing and kind of emotional. in the end youll have to take my word for it.br0kenrabbit

I've been through a lot of $hit, too. I've been horribly injured, betrayed, lied to, $hit on, spit on, set up, knocked down and left for worse. I'm willing to bet most people have such a story. You just have to take the cards you've been delt and play the best hand you can.

Look, I know what mental issues are: I've been institutionalized twice for 6 months at a time over them. I've been on all kinds of drugs from the man and therapy and everything. I've delt with $hit in my life, and I've learned to deal with the $hit in my life.

People may not agree with the way I deal with matters, but it works for me. I certainly had to stop nit-picking people to bring my anger under control, and that was the first step on a long road.

yes over the long time i realized my problem iv begin to think to no end, iv told my self that you arent the only one suffering. and it was true time and time again. i even heard of that person (with no limbs and he is now traveling the world telling others of his problem) he even managed to get a wife. But for my problem to begin to explain is so unfathomable. I told you my gift was understanding (something i realize is really great and i think its the price of my great curse) and i already understood that people can suffer, but the way i suffer is unfathomable and something i truly cant deal with. in the end you wont be able to comprehend or understand what i go through, even if i explain it to you.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] :lol: You're funny anyway....dragonmaster64
unfortunately my circumstance isnt.

Then shouldn't you tell your doctor?

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dragonmaster64

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] :lol: You're funny anyway....LJS9502_basic

unfortunately my circumstance isnt.

read my original post....
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Niff_T

How old are you TC?

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dragonmaster64

How old are you TC?

Niff_T
in my 20's.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"] unfortunately my circumstance isnt.dragonmaster64

Yes and? Have you told them the meds don't work? Could...and should be...alternatives. Sometimes it takes awhile to find the right medicine/combo.
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dragonmaster64
[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Then shouldn't you tell your doctor?LJS9502_basic

Yes and? Have you told them the meds don't work? Could...and should be...alternatives. Sometimes it takes awhile to find the right medicine/combo.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="dragonmaster64"] read my original post....

I know. I read that. And I told you to tell the doctor the meds don't help.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 br0kenrabbit

yes over the long time i realized my problem iv begin to think to no end, iv told my self that you arent the only one suffering. and it was true time and time again. i even heard of that person (with no limbs and he is now traveling the world telling others of his problem) he even managed to get a wife. But for my problem to begin to explain is so unfathomable. I told you my gift was understanding (something i realize is really great and i think its the price of my great curse) and i already understood that people can suffer, but the way i suffer is unfathomable and something i truly cant deal with. in the end you wont be able to comprehend or understand what i go through, even if i explain it to you.dragonmaster64

Your problem probably isn't as unique as you think. Just because it's a big, difficult-to-explain issue doesn't mean it's uncommon.

Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Niff_T

(pretty much i realized they diagnose this to anyone who tells them anything thats not written in their books and they dont know how to evalutate it)dragonmaster64

No, they don't. Though I'd love to know how you came to this conclusion.

And this has to be a troll thread.

dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dragonmaster64
[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]Which isn't true as people have recieved help and gotten better.thegerg

"so i took meds for delusional" What do you mean that you medicated for "delusional"? "Delusional" is an adjective, not a thing. You can't be medicated for delusional.

sigh.... meds for delusional disorder.
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dragonmaster64

[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"](pretty much i realized they diagnose this to anyone who tells them anything thats not written in their books and they dont know how to evalutate it)Niff_T

No, they don't. Though I'd love to know how you came to this conclusion.

And this has to be a troll thread.

yea because clearly this is a troll thread!
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Niff_T

"Delusional" is an adjective, not a thing. You can't be medicated for delusional. thegerg

He means delusional disorder.

Edit: TC beat me to it. >_>

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
[QUOTE="thegerg"] "so i took meds for delusional" What do you mean that you medicated for "delusional"? "Delusional" is an adjective, not a thing. You can't be medicated for delusional.

lol
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="thegerg"] "so i took meds for delusional" What do you mean that you medicated for "delusional"? "Delusional" is an adjective, not a thing. You can't be medicated for delusional.

lol