How come female same sex couples are more socially accepted than male?

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

I just realized that when I watch Lesbian pr0nz... I am by definition watching gay pr0nz.

I am ok with this.

----

I just dislike gays who go out of their way to be as feminine as possible... And are very loud about it...

I don't even understand why gay men try to sound like that... Wouldn't immasculating yourself and talking like a 13 year old girl add to the argument that men SHOULD be with women and vice versa since you are making yourself more woman-like to be with men?

In that same respect though... I saw two guys walking down a corridor the other day holding hands speaking in perfectly normal tones of voice... I didn't even give it a second though after rounding the corner...

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

You know what I just realized? Where did "flaming homosexual" come from? Probably from Christian fundamentalism and the whole "gays will burn in hell" ideal they perpetrate. Lord, I'm never using "flaming" again to describe a homosexual male. >_>

Unless of course gay men aren't offended by it.

foxhound_fox

More than likely a shorthand version of "flamboyant." Taking that word and keeping it around or under two syllabels without causing confusion and i think "flamer" would seem convenient.

caribo2222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 caribo2222
Member since 2006 • 1181 Posts

I just realized that when I watch Lesbian pr0nz... I am by definition watching gay pr0nz.

I am ok with this.

----

I just dislike gays who go out of their way to be as feminine as possible... And are very loud about it...

I don't even understand why gay men try to sound like that... Wouldn't immasculating yourself and talking like a 13 year old girl add to the argument that men SHOULD be with women and vice versa since you are making yourself more woman-like to be with men?

In that same respect though... I saw two guys walking down a corridor the other day holding hands speaking in perfectly normal tones of voice... I didn't even give it a second though after rounding the corner...

Buttons1990

Many straight men are feminine as well, not just gay men. I think your stereotyping gay people due to your own insecurities. You must understand that this stereotyping you are doing is wrong and against gay people .

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
because two guys is gross, and even then, some lesbians are gross too when the women look like men
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I think your stereotyping gay people due to your own insecurities.

caribo2222

Why must someone's stereotyping be due to insecurities, as opposed to anything else?

Avatar image for YellowOneKinobi
YellowOneKinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 YellowOneKinobi
Member since 2011 • 4128 Posts
[QUOTE="caribo2222"]

[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

I am ok with this.

----

Many straight men are feminine as well, not just gay men. I think your stereotyping gay people due to your own insecurities. You must understand that this stereotyping you are doing is wrong and against gay people .

Question for the original poster. Of course it's a free country and all, but if I may ask, do you have ANY hobbies or interests OTHER than your sexuality? Sex is a part of life, a big part in many respects. But you kinda/sorta seem to be OBSESSED with your sexuality. I understand the whole "homosexuals are tormented in today's society" and all. I can sympathize with you to a point, but if I can be so bold as to give some unsolicited advise....... Relax a little bit. Take a breath. Even with different struggles in life, there is still a lot of good out there. Enjoy it a little, would ya? DISCLAIMER: Of course I don't know you and I might be WAY off base, as this is just an observation/opinion.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#58 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

Because lesbians are hot.

(Ballin'-ass lesbian pic)

Palantas

God, I don't think I'm hardcore enough to smoke a cigar while riding a motorcycle. I can do one or the other, just not both at the same time.

I am disappoint. this is indeed a dark day. >.>
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts

A female doesn't necessarily lose her femininity if she's a lesbian. However, the same can't be said regarding a male and his masculinity.

BluRayHiDef
Look, I already apologized for making a woman out of you
Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Buttons1990

[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

I am ok with this.

----

caribo2222

How is that stereotyping at all? I am literally complaining about one specific group of people and they way they act...? LITERALLY speaking only about those people in particular...

Stereotyping would be me saying "ohhhh I hate ALL the gays because ALL gays are flamboyant girly men!" - That is stereotyping...

Saying I hate overtly feminine gay men because they are overtly feminine is not sterotyping. That is just intollerance sir... GET YOUR INSULTS STRAIGHT!

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

[QUOTE="caribo2222"]

[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

I am ok with this.

----

YellowOneKinobi

Question for the original poster. Of course it's a free country and all, but if I may ask, do you have ANY hobbies or interests OTHER than your sexuality? Sex is a part of life, a big part in many respects. But you kinda/sorta seem to be OBSESSED with your sexuality. I understand the whole "homosexuals are tormented in today's society" and all. I can sympathize with you to a point, but if I can be so bold as to give some unsolicited advise....... Relax a little bit. Take a breath. Even with different struggles in life, there is still a lot of good out there. Enjoy it a little, would ya? DISCLAIMER: Of course I don't know you and I might be WAY off base, as this is just an observation/opinion.

Most men in general seem to be obsessed with sex.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

From my experience when ever people think of homosexuality they think of sex not relationships, and most straight people think that sex involving women is hot

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Buttons1990

From my experience when ever people think of homosexuality they think of sex not relationships, and most straight people think that sex involving women is hot

toast_burner

Especially when there is more than one woman... And tanning oil.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
One hot girl is hot enough, 2 hot girls together doing hot things together is even hotter Men are hairy, have muscle, pale, uncurvy bodies. Its just not attractive
cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

A female doesn't necessarily lose her femininity if she's a lesbian. However, the same can't be said regarding a male and his masculinity.

xaos

Look, I already apologized for making a woman out of you

An apology isn't enough.

BRHD deserves reparations.

caribo2222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 caribo2222

[QUOTE="caribo2222"]

[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

I am ok with this.

----

Buttons1990

How is that stereotyping at all? I am literally complaining about one specific group of people and they way they act...? LITERALLY speaking only about those people in particular...

Stereotyping would be me saying "ohhhh I hate ALL the gays because ALL gays are flamboyant girly men!" - That is stereotyping...

Saying I hate overtly feminine gay men because they are overtly feminine is not sterotyping. That is just intollerance sir... GET YOUR INSULTS STRAIGHT!

You are saying that Gay men are in fact feminine, well some. You are putting the impression that some Gay men act like flamers, which is true, but i put the argument that some straight men act like flamers. You must understand that to like men is a natural part of your experience. Do you follow this, or must i explain a little deeper?.

Only a man can understand a man, you should understand that you are being a little bit harsh when you link homosexuals with being feminine.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

[QUOTE="I"]

God, I don't think I'm hardcore enough to smoke a cigar while riding a motorcycle. I can do one or the other, just not both at the same time.

Allicrombie

I am disappoint. this is indeed a dark day. >.>

Sorry. :( At least since DADT has been repealed, US special operations can get lesbians who can smoke cigars and ride Harleys at the same time.

Kagai13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Kagai13
Member since 2010 • 571 Posts
Are you sure? I mean maybe in early stages of life lesbians have it easier because many straight girls kiss each another when drunk and guys tend to keep distance, but after all men are treated better than women in work and stuff... at least it's what i read
Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Buttons1990

[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

[QUOTE="caribo2222"]

caribo2222

You are saying that Gay men are in fact feminine, well some. You are putting the impression that some Gay men act like flamers, which is true, but i put the argument that some straight men act like flamers. You must understand that to like men is a natural part of your experience. Do you follow this, or must i explain a little deeper?.

Only a man can understand a man, you should understand that you are being a little bit harsh when you link homosexuals with being feminine.

And once again I ask? How am I being stereotypical?

I am not linking homosexuals with being feminine... I am stating MY OWN OPINION of gays WHO ACTUALLY ACT THAT WAY and questioning WHY THEY ACT THAT WAY...? I didn't once say that all gays are feminine... I didn't once say that some gays are feminine... I didn't point out any number of gays that are feminine... I said (summary) "gays that are feminine" as in pertaining only to those people who are actually that way...

What is it about my words that you are having trouble understanding? Why you are even mentioning straight men who act like 14 year old girls is beyond me as they have nothing to do at all with what I said, nor have I personally ever been in the pressence of such a person... But rest assured that if there was a straight man acting that way in front of me, I would dislike him just as much as the gay guy...

What you are saying is complete nonsense... You are complaining about me saying things I never said... And accusing me of stereotyping people when I am not stereotyping anyone...? It is like you are reading my words and completely ignoring what they say, creating your own personal commentary as you read and then complaining about your commentary like it is my words?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 194197844077667059316682358889

[QUOTE="caribo2222"]

[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

Buttons1990

I am not linking homosexuals with being feminine... I am stating MY OWN OPINION of gays WHO ACTUALLY ACT THAT WAY and questioning WHY THEY ACT THAT WAY...? I didn't once say that all gays are feminine... I didn't once say that some gays are feminine... I didn't point out any number of gays that are feminine... I said (summary) "gays that are feminine" as in pertaining only to those people who are actually that way...

What is it about my words that you are having trouble understanding? Why you are even mentioning straight men who act like 14 year old girls is beyond me as they have nothing to do at all with what I said, nor have I personally ever been in the pressence of such a person... But rest assured that if there was a straight man acting that way in front of me, I would dislike him just as much as the gay guy...

What you are saying is complete nonsense... You are complaining about me saying things I never said... And accusing me of stereotyping people when I am not stereotyping anyone...? It is like you are reading my words and completely ignoring what they say, creating your own personal commentary as you read and then complaining about your commentary like it is my words?

You must be new to interacting with caribo!
metalkitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 metalkitten
Member since 2004 • 9249 Posts
i think its cause of males they have np with female on female action (in general) but dont accept male on male (or if they except they still have a hard time seeing 2 men kiss) females dont seem to care as much at all ofcourse its just what i think from my experience
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

You know ... after all of these threads ...

I've come to the conclusion that caribo ... is not gay :shock:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 194197844077667059316682358889

"I would dislike him just as much as the gay guy...", so you don't like gay people?. That's even worse than sterotyping homophobe.

caribo2222
You way overreached with this one
Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Buttons1990

[QUOTE="Squeets"]

caribo2222

"I would dislike him just as much as the gay guy...", so you don't like gay people?. That's even worse than sterotyping homophobe.

/facepalm

I am just going to walk away now as arguing with you is pointless.

caribo2222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 caribo2222

[QUOTE="caribo2222"]

[QUOTE="Squeets"]

Buttons1990

/facepalm

"What happens when you think of being gay?"....,how exactly do you feel?..."Don't practice this pattern too much". You must come to accept yourself just the way you are.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

so you don't like gay people?. That's even worse than sterotyping homophobe.

caribo2222

wow you are really terrible at reading aren't you? and before you say anything no, im not saying gay people cant read.....

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

[QUOTE="caribo2222"]

caribo2222

/facepalm

"What happens when you think of being gay?"....,how exactly do you feel?..."Don't practice this pattern too much". You must come to accept yourself just the way you are.

Dude, seriously.....To say that you're grasping at straws at this point would be putting it kindly.

zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
It's not so much 'lesbian couples' as it is 'lesbian porn.' Maybe I'm just on the internet too much.
Harkat95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Harkat95
Member since 2009 • 1139 Posts
I'd post a few links that would explain why lesbians are more accepted, but I'm afraid I'd get modded. In other words, dudes think TEH LESBIANS R HAWT but TEH GAYS R GAY
zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 zeldaluff
Member since 2008 • 3387 Posts

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

foxhound_fox

Never met any gay men, have you? Out of all the gay men I've met, about 10% have been flaming (and those that are always play the "flamer" card to describe themselves).

--

You know what I just realized? Where did "flaming homosexual" come from? Probably from Christian fundamentalism and the whole "gays will burn in hell" ideal they perpetrate. Lord, I'm never using "flaming" again to describe a homosexual male. >_>

Unless of course gay men aren't offended by it.

Might have started when they used to burn gays, since that's also where f*g came from.

Also, I think that gays are more accepted by females and lesbians are more accepted by males. I have a pair of friends who have multiple gay friends and are all for gay rights, same sex marriage and whatever, but when they see a lesbian they think it's weird and don't really accept it. I've been meaning to ask whether they think gay rights only applies to males.

caribo2222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 caribo2222

[QUOTE="caribo2222"]

[QUOTE="Buttons1990"]

/facepalm

worlock77

Dude, seriously.....To say that you're grasping at straws at this point would be putting it kindly.

Haha it's all in good humour, "Don't take my words seriously". "Don't accept my post","Don't like me" . Just enjoy it;)

ttobba07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ttobba07
Member since 2005 • 2396 Posts

Here is an answer that I got in a religion study class last semester:

"The reason woman on woman is acceptable while man on man is not is because the bible says nothing about gay in general. It just forbids man on man so woman on woman is alright in God's eyes."

I don't care for religion but my professor said this so I call this the most likely reason.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts

Because in the straight man's mind, lesbians aren't actual lesbians. They're all bisexuals just itching to get a threeway going.

Oleg_Huzwog
Oleg never fails to amaze me. This.
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

I would assume that lesbians are more socially accepted than males because most heterosexual men would rather imagine two women naked than two men, at least that's how it is with me and my friends.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 194197844077667059316682358889

Sorry to be that intollerant looking guy..But I'm only tolerant of non butch lesbians 0.0

kevin11896
If it's any consolation, it's unlikely that any lesbians at all are tolerant of you
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#89 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
I don't think they are. I think when males hear lesbians, they think pornstar style girls, which gets them going.
PeaceChild90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 PeaceChild90
Member since 2009 • 781 Posts

That's not true. A lot of men like lesbian porn, but not the actual lesbians themselves. Once they find out that can't have you, or be in the middle of your relationship, they become less "tolerant".

I've also met many straight women who were even scared to talk to me because they thought I might hit on them.

I would say we have it equal.

Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Tetrarch9
Member since 2010 • 2581 Posts
Okay this will sound bad but anyway. Me and my friend where sitting in class. There is a very gay guy in a class with a voice like a girl. We the horrible hetrosexual males we are were making fun of him. (Just among ourselfs he heard nothing). Then my friend goes Lesbians are the **** though. Its just the way we think. Women on women=Really hot. Man on Man= Really disgusting.
RYDERFTN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 RYDERFTN
Member since 2007 • 1508 Posts
I dont really know its just the thought of Man+Man is kinda gross but Im not to keen on Girl+Girl either just not as weird looking. Although I accept both to a certain extent. If a man is gay so what but when he starts carrying a purse and wearing lipstick thats just to much and creeps me the hell out.
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#93 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
Lesbians get better press than gay men. Dunno why. Maybe it is because of the macho stereotype of "lesbians are hot" and gay are F***"
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts

because males are ugly and women are hot.

2 males doing it = twice as ugly

2 girls doing it = twice as hot.

math.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#95 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#96 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
I don't think they are. I think when males hear lesbians, they think pornstar style girls, which gets them going. metallica_fan42
This. We Men can easily be turn on if someone says "Lesbian". I blame the movies for that.. :P
cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts

[QUOTE="metallica_fan42"]I don't think they are. I think when males hear lesbians, they think pornstar style girls, which gets them going. Bloodseeker23
This. We Men can easily be turn on if someone says "Lesbian". I blame the movies for that.. :P

I've known enough lesbians irl to counteract any classical conditioning that porn or movies might have had on me.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#98 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
I've often wondered this myself, because in my experiences, I have seen gay men ridiculed more than gay women for their sexuality, though both get flak about it for sure. I have a few theories, but nothing more than speculation, really.
Adrianstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Adrianstalker
Member since 2008 • 1467 Posts

Don think you are really gay Caribo. I believe you just think you are gay somehow

killer_beanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 killer_beanz
Member since 2010 • 913 Posts
I've noticed that dudes are OK with lesbians but don't like the idea of gay guys. However, with women, I haven't heard anything bad towards lesbians, but they love gay guys. A ton of my friends that are girls have wished for a gay best friend that's a guy.