• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

User Lists: 0

#51 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

@Allicrombie said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

I'm 6'5" and all the women ask me to get stuff off the top shelves for them.

I was gonna ask for a jar of pickles but now I feel kinda guilty.

...and they also always ask me to open jars of pickles.

Is this a proposition for lewd activities in today's society?

Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts

height is the most important appearence factor for men(a part of why is because it cant change).it appeals to the submissive,weak nature of women that want a man who is able to dominate them.(even though women uproar at this part its true for a huge percentage).that is why its more obvious in short women.the taller a woman gets the more likely she is not to care about a mans height,cause she is not that insecure,whereas shorties always want guys above 6 feet.you can do pretty much nothing about it,below 6 feet you are second tier,unless you get famous,like athlete or super star famous cause social proof ,especially of that degree is even stronger than appearence

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@Shottayouth13- said:

Nope, 5'10 is not short for a guy.

But I'm like 5'5 and I still get girls no problem.

perhaps your feet is long like bilbo baggins, that is why

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#54 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

That height is tall for a woman, and I've talked to enough tall women who like their men much taller than average. It's just a preference for her. It shouldn't matter, really, but it does for some women. Just like some guys need a certain hair color, or boob size.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#55 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I'm 6'6", and my wife is only 5'2" so it's kind of a silly qualifier for happiness. But I think we all know that.

Avatar image for michael_1234576
michael_1234576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 michael_1234576
Member since 2004 • 8621 Posts

6'1 here I'm defiantly too short

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#57  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@Hate_Squad said:

"below 6 feet you are second tier,"

More's the pity. I could easily beat the crap out of your average 6 foot + dude. But you can't escape genetics. :(

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

it's strange the obsession girls have with height.

What I would love to see is a feminist talk about how tall they need their boy friend or husband to be

"I want to feel safe with him"

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

@Hate_Squad: Yea, I agree with this. Very true for a lot of girls. 5' 10' seems to often be a cutoff for many girls i've met.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

I'm 5'7.5" tall without footware, and 5'8.5" tall with footware. I consider myself short. What's funny is that a girl I annoyed was going to hurl an insult at me, but didn't complete was she was going to say; she started off by saying "You little...," which I found strange because she's only 5'2" tall. WTF?

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

@BossPerson said:

it's strange the obsession girls have with height.

What I would love to see is a feminist talk about how tall they need their boy friend or husband to be

"I want to feel safe with him"

for all my life, i was ignorant of my height privilege

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

@Makhaidos said:

A lot of girls I know are eerily specific about how tall they want their dream guys to be. My mom, for example, will not date anyone under 5'9", even if they're rich and gorgeous (no, really, I've seen her turn down rich, gorgeous guys because they were too short).

I like tall guys myself (I'm 6'0"), and I do have a limit to how short I want them to be, but I don't necessarily make my decision to go out with them based on their height.

No wonder your dad left your mom. If you set a specific criteria you will filter out legitimately good partners, often these women are the most demanding and set unrealistic expectations for their partner.

I'm 5'10, it bothered me up until the point I stopped caring what women think (really what anyone thinks).

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

@bobaban said:

@Makhaidos said:

A lot of girls I know are eerily specific about how tall they want their dream guys to be. My mom, for example, will not date anyone under 5'9", even if they're rich and gorgeous (no, really, I've seen her turn down rich, gorgeous guys because they were too short).

I like tall guys myself (I'm 6'0"), and I do have a limit to how short I want them to be, but I don't necessarily make my decision to go out with them based on their height.

No wonder your dad left your mom. If you set a specific criteria you will filter out legitimately good partners, often these women are the most demanding and set unrealistic expectations for their partner.

I'm 5'10, it bothered me up until the point I stopped caring what women think (really what anyone thinks).

Huh? She left him, and it was because he was an abusive asshole, not because he was short.

Everybody has their things that they consider important in a partner. If it's height, whatever. I refuse to date a smoker. It's nobody's business why someone is or isn't attracted to someone else.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 coolbeans90

@bobaban said:

@Makhaidos said:

everyone has criteria, pal

physical criteria

personality

blah blah blah

and you are a shithead if you think you dont

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#65  Edited By Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Isn't average male height 5 '8 or 5'9? Anything above there is pretty tall.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

A proud nine inches.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

she probably wears high heels or something and wouldnt feel comfortable dating a guy shorter then her in high heels.

Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Hate_Squad

@-Renegade: yeah.most shorties define their height through high heels

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

I'm short, but it's w/e. Money and wit tend to be pretty important when it comes to getting girls too.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

So I think why guys get so miffed about height more than other things women go for; money, masculinity, looks, personality, social status.

It's something that you simply cant change.

You can get a better job, change your look, work out, work on self improvement and thereby make yourself more attractive, but there's nothing you can do about height.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#71 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

So I think why guys get so miffed about height more than other things women go for; money, masculinity, looks, personality, social status.

It's something that you simply cant change.

You can get a better job, change your look, work out, work on self improvement and thereby make yourself more attractive, but there's nothing you can do about height.

yup

Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Hate_Squad

@Storm_Marine: plus its much more universal.some women dont care about money,or social status ,some even want feminine guys.But height is the ultimate trait,shows power,confidence,dominance,its a requirement for being alpha,unless you have insane social status like a rock star,a mob boss or CEO of a huge company(and still you could be overshadowed occasionally by a tall,unknown,poor" nobody").someone should find a link to that research where women always choose the taller guy among two examples,with the only exemption the taller guy being a sex offender

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#73 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

No. That girl has too many standards if she won't date a guy just because of his height, and the funny thing is,YOUR AVERAGE HEIGHT!!!

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 coolbeans90

either you're 6'+ or you're not

0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 0Hamburgher
Member since 2010 • 957 Posts

It's understandable if a girl wants a taller guy, but I don't understand it when they want a guy that towers over them. What I also don't understand, is why tall guys would want a girl that they tower over. I'm only 5'8" but if I were dating a girl under 5'5" I feel like I'd be dating a kid.