• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by CWEBB04z (4555 posts) -

Today, I had a girl ask me if I was 6 ft, I said no, im 5'10 maybe 5'11 in shoes or boots, then she told me I was too short.

Im confused... is 5'10 short for a guy?

#2 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

no

#3 Posted by Master_Live (14026 posts) -

How tall is she?

#4 Posted by tofu-lion91 (13481 posts) -

Are you sure she wasn't joking? 5'10 is definitely not short for a guy. I think most women prefer to date someone taller than them but don't tend to have heights that are hard to beat! :)

#5 Posted by CWEBB04z (4555 posts) -

How tall is she?

Maybe like 5'8. She was pretty tall for a girl, but shorter than me.

Are you sure she wasn't joking? 5'10 is definitely not short for a guy. I think most women prefer to date someone taller than them but don't tend to have heights that are hard to beat! :)

She looked serious to me... idk though cause I couldn't tell.

#6 Posted by tofu-lion91 (13481 posts) -

I wouldn't worry about it TC :)

#7 Posted by RadecSupreme (4632 posts) -

Sound's like a very demanding cunt to me.

#8 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3752 posts) -

yes

#9 Posted by one_plum (6331 posts) -

Telling a guy he's short is like telling a girl she's fat.

#10 Posted by Stranger_36 (464 posts) -

I would say 5'10 or 5'11 is average for a guy. Not tall but not short.

#11 Edited by BranKetra (47879 posts) -

The average height for human males is 5'9". She might have been telling you that based on her own opinion.

#12 Posted by TheFlush (5474 posts) -

So she went up to you, while she could see the full length of you and had to ask? And she wasn't happy with your answer? That's just weird....
By simply looking at you she could decide if you were tall enough for her taste.

I know a couple of confident short guys who are totally hot!

#13 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1746 posts) -

six sounds like sex, that's why.

#14 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -

Musta needed someone 6ft or more to get something up high for her, and anything less wouldnta been tall enough.

#15 Posted by GalvatronType_R (1878 posts) -

She probably likes you and is just messing with you.

On another note, I have no problem with women judging us men on appearance. Men have been judging women for centuries and the shoe on the other foot is only fair.

So if you are a fat slob with no fashion sense, without proper hygiene, complete lack of social skills, and haven't worked out since junior high, women have every right to judge you. You'd do the same if the woman was the fat slob.

#16 Edited by PernicioEnigma (5271 posts) -

She was testing you. You failed by the way...

#17 Edited by foxhound_fox (87373 posts) -

5'10" is above average.

If someone is interested in more than just physical release from a relationship, then height really shouldn't matter once they get to know the person better.

#18 Posted by themajormayor (25677 posts) -

5'10" is above average.

If someone is interested in more than just physical release from a relationship, then height really shouldn't matter once they get to know the person better.

What if it's a tiny dwarf?

#19 Edited by Star67 (3452 posts) -

She probably likes you and is just messing with you.

On another note, I have no problem with women judging us men on appearance. Men have been judging women for centuries and the shoe on the other foot is only fair.

So if you are a fat slob with no fashion sense, without proper hygiene, complete lack of social skills, and haven't worked out since junior high, women have every right to judge you. You'd do the same if the woman was the fat slob.

Yeah but you can't help how tall or short you are. I'm 5'4............women can be so shallow, sometimes more than men I think

#20 Posted by Barbariser (6717 posts) -

That is considered quite tall where I live, because the average Malaysian man is about 5'5". (I'm only 5'7").

#21 Edited by Solid_Link22 (5593 posts) -

I'm about the same height. I don't think that's short.

#22 Edited by MakeMeaSammitch (3752 posts) -

glad I'm 6;3"

#23 Posted by HuggyBear1020 (456 posts) -

If she's that superficial about a couple of inches of height then she isn't worth dating in the first place.

#24 Edited by Makhaidos (1613 posts) -

A lot of girls I know are eerily specific about how tall they want their dream guys to be. My mom, for example, will not date anyone under 5'9", even if they're rich and gorgeous (no, really, I've seen her turn down rich, gorgeous guys because they were too short).

I like tall guys myself (I'm 6'0"), and I do have a limit to how short I want them to be, but I don't necessarily make my decision to go out with them based on their height.

#25 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17076 posts) -

Eh, if a women is going to be THAT picky about height they just aren't worth it. 5'10 is plenty tall...

I am between 5'3 and 5'4 and yet I have been dating my GF for over 2 years now and she is a good 3 inches taller than me.

#26 Posted by diskotheque (34 posts) -

@CWEBB04z: 5'10"-5'11" is a little above average height for a male but trust me, I know a number of girls who refuse to date a guy that's shorter than 6'0". I don't know what it is about that number... I guess it's just a nice, solid, even number or something. And if a girl is that superficial then she is most likely not worth dating anyway.

#27 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24961 posts) -

I'm 6'5" and all the women ask me to get stuff off the top shelves for them.

#28 Edited by hippiesanta (9767 posts) -

@CWEBB04z said:

Today, I had a girl ask me if I was 6 ft, I said no, im 5'10 maybe 5'11 in shoes or boots, then she told me I was too short.

are u asian??

#29 Posted by JimmyLovesGames (15 posts) -

I am 5'7 and it does not bother me. Judging someone based on height alone is no worsen then judging someone because of race, religion or sexual orientation. I have had it happen a few times and it's their loss I'm quite a catch I am 34 already retired "have money" Screw them you have better people to focus your attention on in your life.

#30 Posted by plageus900 (971 posts) -

I'm 6' and my wife always tells me I'm short for a guy.

She's 5'4". >.>

#31 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17076 posts) -

@CWEBB04z: 5'10"-5'11" is a little above average height for a male but trust me, I know a number of girls who refuse to date a guy that's shorter than 6'0". I don't know what it is about that number... I guess it's just a nice, solid, even number or something. And if a girl is that superficial then she is most likely not worth dating anyway.

What makes me laugh is the girls who are like 5'1 demanding to date a guy over 6 foot. I can only see that height difference making everything awkward at that point....

#32 Posted by diskotheque (34 posts) -

@LostProphetFLCL: Yeah I know exactly what you mean... I am 6'2" and I personally can't date a girl who is not within at least a foot of my height because I've done it before and it feels like I'm dating a 12 year-old... and that's just really awkward.

#33 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

no its not short

#34 Edited by luke1889 (14617 posts) -

I'm somewhere around 6' 2" to 6' 3" and my ex was 5' 0.5" (that 0.5" was always emphasised). Anyway, the height difference never bothered us...even though I joked occasionally about developing a stoop (that's not why we split up).

For the TC, 5' 10" is NOT small.

#35 Posted by k--m--k (994 posts) -

Zero understanding to the measurements used in this thread

#36 Posted by GazaAli (22492 posts) -

She's 5'4". >.>

The hell? I'm 183 cm tall and I think that's a 6' in your measurements and I'm in no way short. On the contrary I'm considered to be tall, even looked at with envy sometimes.

#37 Posted by plageus900 (971 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@plageus900 said:

She's 5'4". >.>

The hell? I'm 183 cm tall and I think that's a 6' in your measurements and I'm in no way short. On the contrary I'm considered to be tall, even looked at with envy sometimes.

I think its because she previously dated guys that were not only taller, but bigger. I'm 170lbs and she tells me I'm too skinny.

#38 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -

I'm 6'5" and all the women ask me to get stuff off the top shelves for them.

I was gonna ask for a jar of pickles but now I feel kinda guilty.

#39 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9376 posts) -

5' 10 technically isnt short, but in the US is border-line shortness. In the US 6 feet is like the normal and girls usually like guys that are 6 foot.

#40 Edited by Sidburn19 (4624 posts) -

Im short and it doesnt bother me at all.

#41 Posted by whipassmt (13960 posts) -

@CWEBB04z said:

should've just said "none of your business".

#42 Posted by Cynical_Buzzard (224 posts) -

Maybe you need to wear shoes that will give you more of a lift.

#43 Edited by Sidburn19 (4624 posts) -

#44 Posted by LexLas (4214 posts) -

I believe to be average, my height is 5'11. Anything below that is short.

#45 Posted by cfisher2833 (1548 posts) -

Ask her about her weight. Whatever she says, respond, "hmm, I could have sworn it was more than that."

btw, don't do this if you actually want to have a relationship. lol

#46 Posted by mingmao3046 (2474 posts) -

Yea anything below 6ft in todays time is rather short

6'3-6'4 is the ideal height for a man

#47 Edited by hippiesanta (9767 posts) -

She's 5'4". >.>

what she really means is the short thing between ur legs

#48 Edited by plageus900 (971 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

She's 5'4". >.>

what she really means is the short thing between ur legs

#49 Posted by 4nationfury (606 posts) -

She had to ask you your height before rejecting you? She couldn't tell if you were tall or not? Odd.

Anyway, 5'10 is taller than average. No need to worry. :)

#50 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6727 posts) -

Nope, 5'10 is not short for a guy.

But I'm like 5'5 and I still get girls no problem.