Have you ever experienced racism before?

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#101 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Yes. Living in Tennessee going to a mostly Caucasian high school in an affluent area, racism was common among the student body and faculty. It was bad.

Storm-Caller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 Storm-Caller
Member since 2015 • 47 Posts

I haven't, I think. But I did make some racist comments when I was a kid before not that I am coming up with an excuse, but I got most of what I said from the streets and old people. In my country, racism is quite rampant. We even have names and stereotypes for some races. People here get pissed off when something about our race is mentioned. Or something a negative observation which in certain times is true and they decide to brand it as a racist remark.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#103 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@foxhound_fox: "But no, I was being racist for not letting them use it for free, and was singling them out for being black/native/etc."

You were probably more aggressive towards them.

Despite the fact that it wasn't the case, do you think that would even justify their reaction? That assumption in and of itself is racist. You make it out like all people of that ethnicity react with hostility to hostility.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@PSP107 said:

@foxhound_fox: "But no, I was being racist for not letting them use it for free, and was singling them out for being black/native/etc."

You were probably more aggressive towards them.

Despite the fact that it wasn't the case, do you think that would even justify their reaction? That assumption in and of itself is racist. You make it out like all people of that ethnicity react with hostility to hostility.

That's not what I said. I focused on you.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#105  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@PSP107 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

That's not what I said. I focused on you.

That is what you implied.

I already said that was not the case.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

No and I'm not even white. Then again, I don't think anyone knows or cares about my ethnicity. In fact, I've gotten either indifference and sometimes praise. It's weird but whatever.

Avatar image for lucianocasanova
lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By lucianocasanova
Member since 2014 • 813 Posts

Already 3 pages? WOW.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Yup. While I was playing insurgency some malays called me fucking indian trash even though I am not indian. :(

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@Kage1 said:

I'm a Black man so yes. Happens frequently.

With a great taste on cars ;] F*** racism.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Yeah all the time. I get on Call of Duty and destroy some people and the first thing they resort to is calling me a N word.

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 lucianocasanova

@nini200: f"k racism.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@lucianocasanova said:

@nini200: f"k racism.

Lol exactly

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 lucianocasanova

@CountBleck12: well good.

kalloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By kalloo
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

Oh Jesus I don't remember a time where people didn't send deragotory remarks my way. Shoot I've experienced it on these forums as well. Anyone who believes racism is dead in America is lying to themselves, as evidenced by recent events such as: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/ex-candidate-who-plotted-muslim-massacre-released-because-judge-isnt-sure-hes-a-true-threat/

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 lucianocasanova

Thanks for all the responses guys

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#116 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I've faced discrimination.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#117  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

yes, as shocking as it may be, I've encountered racist black people and me being white, was treated accordingly. I have also encountered a couple of racist Asians too. Unfortunately much of society and the media portray's racism as only a 1 way street.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#118  Edited By ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

@gamerguru100 said:
@ShadowsDemon said:
@gamerguru100 said:
@raugutcon said:
@gamerguru100 said:

@ShadowsDemon: A lot of Latin Americans are racially white with European (mainly Spanish) ancestry. Contrary to popular American belief, not everyone south of the border is brown skinned. :P Brazil actually has the third largest white population in the world after the US and Russia.

Anyway I hope you've mentally recovered from that shitty experience. Fucking 2009 and a Nazi sympathizer for a teacher? That's scary. D:

I´m one of those racially "white" with European ancestry mexicans ( my grandparents are Spanish, my father was born in PR and I was born in Mexico ) and not all Spanish are "white", Spain has historically been a melting pot of people because it has been conquered over and over again for centuries by different powers, Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Romans, Germanic Tribes and to add a cherry on top of the cake 800 years of muslim domination which were also a melting pot, so, Spaniards are hardly "pure white blood" right now.

An example on how mixed we are: I´m white and my sister is brown ( olive skin ), in Mexico people like I are called "Güeros" and like my sister are called "Morenos".

No such thing as "pure white" or "pure anything" really. Everyone is mixed to some degree.

Again: not according to Tumblr or twitter! :P

It's funny, in certain countries in the West, if you have a drop of black in you, you're black. In Brazil, if you have a drop of white in you, your white.

But yeah, everyone is so mixed up and muddled that it's impossible to tell. I can only imagine what's going to happen with the next generation!

That kind of thinking is outdated. I'm not sure why some people still subscribe to those beliefs. I think you're white if most of your ancestry is European and you look like you're of European descent. Same for people of African descent. If you're 99% white and 1% black, I'd say you're pretty damn white.

As for the next generation, I think interracial relationships will continue to be more accepted and multiracial people will become more common. However, I don't see humans merging into one "race" in our lifetimes. I think a one world government would have to exist just for that to be a possibility.

I agree man, but that's what people seem to think, not me.

People are pretty stupid, if I'm being honest. And yes, that does include me.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@ShadowsDemon said:
@gamerguru100 said:
@ShadowsDemon said:
@gamerguru100 said:
@raugutcon said:
@gamerguru100 said:

@ShadowsDemon: A lot of Latin Americans are racially white with European (mainly Spanish) ancestry. Contrary to popular American belief, not everyone south of the border is brown skinned. :P Brazil actually has the third largest white population in the world after the US and Russia.

Anyway I hope you've mentally recovered from that shitty experience. Fucking 2009 and a Nazi sympathizer for a teacher? That's scary. D:

I´m one of those racially "white" with European ancestry mexicans ( my grandparents are Spanish, my father was born in PR and I was born in Mexico ) and not all Spanish are "white", Spain has historically been a melting pot of people because it has been conquered over and over again for centuries by different powers, Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Romans, Germanic Tribes and to add a cherry on top of the cake 800 years of muslim domination which were also a melting pot, so, Spaniards are hardly "pure white blood" right now.

An example on how mixed we are: I´m white and my sister is brown ( olive skin ), in Mexico people like I are called "Güeros" and like my sister are called "Morenos".

No such thing as "pure white" or "pure anything" really. Everyone is mixed to some degree.

It's funny, in certain countries in the West, if you have a drop of black in you, you're black. In Brazil, if you have a drop of white in you, your white.

But yeah, everyone is so mixed up and muddled that it's impossible to tell. I can only imagine what's going to happen with the next generation!

That kind of thinking is outdated. I'm not sure why some people still subscribe to those beliefs. I think you're white if most of your ancestry is European and you look like you're of European descent. Same for people of African descent. If you're 99% white and 1% black, I'd say you're pretty damn white.

As for the next generation, I think interracial relationships will continue to be more accepted and multiracial people will become more common. However, I don't see humans merging into one "race" in our lifetimes. I think a one world government would have to exist just for that to be a possibility.

Same here. I'm by no means the sharpest tool in the shed. :P

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 ShadowsDemon

@gamerguru100 said:
@ShadowsDemon said:
@gamerguru100 said:
@ShadowsDemon said:
@gamerguru100 said:
@raugutcon said:
@gamerguru100 said:

Same here. I'm by no means the sharpest tool in the shed. :P

I fear for the well-being of others, then!

(BTW: I'm actually on holiday in LA now, and considering how many mixed Latin-Americans live here, I seriously even more baffled!)

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 gamerguru100

@ShadowsDemon: No surprise there considering its proximity to the Mexican border. Hispanics and Latinos are close to being the majority there if they aren't already.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ShadowsDemon

@gamerguru100: You wouldn't have guessed it based on "reports" alone, though!

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 gamerguru100

@ShadowsDemon said:

@gamerguru100: You wouldn't have guessed it based on "reports" alone, though!

Nah, I could have guessed. California is well known for its ethnic diversity. :)

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 ShadowsDemon

@gamerguru100: Indeed. ;)

I have to say, though, you guys enjoy your large servings over here!

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By gamerguru100

@ShadowsDemon said:

You mean in California? Or the US in general? I'm in Minnesota BTW.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 ShadowsDemon

@gamerguru100 said:
@ShadowsDemon said:

From what I've seen, and remembered, of the US, it's pretty much a general statement. :P

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 gamerguru100

@ShadowsDemon said:
@gamerguru100 said:
@ShadowsDemon said:

From what I've seen, and remembered, of the US, it's pretty much a general statement. :P

And it's a true statement. It partly explains the obesity rates here.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 ShadowsDemon

@gamerguru100 said:
@ShadowsDemon said:
@gamerguru100 said:
@ShadowsDemon said:

Yeah...not gonna lie, a lot of people here are massive. Really massive.

And Australia ain't that far behind. You've corrupted us! :P

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 gamerguru100

@ShadowsDemon said:
@gamerguru100 said:
@ShadowsDemon said:
@gamerguru100 said:
@ShadowsDemon said:

LOL

I remember hearing somewhere that as developing countries become more developed, their obesity rates and heart disease occurrences increase. We've never had so much food before in history, so people are loading up fast.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ShadowsDemon

@gamerguru100 said:
@ShadowsDemon said:
@gamerguru100 said:
@ShadowsDemon said:
@gamerguru100 said:
@ShadowsDemon said:

LOL

I remember hearing somewhere that as developing countries become more developed, their obesity rates and heart disease occurrences increase. We've never had so much food before in history, so people are loading up fast.

I dare say it's the food that's being consumed as well, not just how much of it is being eaten.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 gamerguru100

@ShadowsDemon said:
@gamerguru100 said:
@ShadowsDemon said:
@gamerguru100 said:
@ShadowsDemon said:
@gamerguru100 said:
@ShadowsDemon said:

LOL

I dare say it's the food that's being consumed as well, not just how much of it is being eaten.

True. We now have lots of sugar being mass produced. Our brains go apeshit over sugar.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#132 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Not that I can recall.

When I was in high school and applying to colleges I applied to a college that was all female because I didn't know it still was (I thought it was now accepting males), and didn't get in (I don't even think I got a response). Now recently some women's colleges have changed their policies to let men in that are transgender and identify as women, I don't think that school is doing so, but if I were to apply to one of these colleges I wouldn't get in, so I guess that would make me a potential victim of cisphobia.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 ShadowsDemon

@gamerguru100: Pretty much. Hell, you guys even have sugar in your bread!

But honestly, it's a welcome relief. Our connecting flight was held up because one of the guys traveling with us had his name misprinted on the ticket. More specifically, they put as middle name in place of his last.

Sleeping on the floor of a bustling Hawaiian airport while our travel bookers got their shit together was not fun. We barely managed to catch the plane to LA, but we're here now so lots of sugar is welcomed! ;)

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 lucianocasanova

@whipassmt: Sexism LOL.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

Yes, and I am white lol. =p

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 lucianocasanova

@Ryagan: ok

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 lucianocasanova

@Iszdope: yes cause you know I like bumping my threads.

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By lucianocasanova

@Iszdope: no you have one (starts doing a kameha)

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 lucianocasanova

@Iszdope: re read the post.

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By lucianocasanova

@Iszdope: KAMEHAMEHA

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 lucianocasanova

@Iszdope: you wanna fight?(starts doing a fatality)

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#149 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Yes. Lots of eyeballing from blacks on the mainland, with one incident from a black bus driver who sat their slinging shit my way once in Cali....."what side of the bed you wake up on today, boy??", "someone's not here with us today" etc, just general angsting me in front of a crowded bus, and I didn't say a word on entering so I don't know what could've triggered it aside from prejudice. I sat their in silence and got off at the first stop, he wasn't worth it.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

I have been called "white trash" by Korean people.