Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19689 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Jag85 said:

Specific policies have changed over the generations, but Malcolm's overall point hasn't changed. Democrats and Republicans are both vying for power and will do whatever it takes for power. The moralizing is all just smokes and mirrors to justify the acquisition of power.

Malcolm X was discussing it in the context of 1960s race politics, but the same could be said for exploiting other communities today, whether it's the white working class, black working class, Latinos/Mexicans, Arabs/Muslims, feminists, LGBT, etc. They're all political pawns exploited by both parties in their quest for power.

As long as you don't delude yourself into thinking they're doing it out of the goodness of their hearts (they aren't, we can agree on that) then either side can benefit. Malcolm X was attempting to make an emotional appeal, but all he did was state the obvious and mislead people.

That's why it's important to focus entirely on your ideals and the political policies, and not make emotional decisions when voting.

• You shouldn't vote for green policies because you think they're ethical; you should vote for them because there's millions of jobs to create from it, we will see huge improvement in our environment, and there's billions (if not trillions) of dollars to make.
  • You shouldn't vote to legalize recreational drugs because you think they'd be a lot of fun, but because there is money to make off their regulation, money to save in stopping the war on drugs, and a lot of public works to fund from their taxation (i.e. drug clinics, healthcare, etc).

The two examples I provided are often viewed as liberal stances but I consider myself a moderate and if you get down to brass tacks, it's really just common sense to legalize a lot of drugs and to embrace green/renewable/sustainable industries.

Ignore the emotional component. Think transactionally when supporting a candidate. Pursue your ideals. It's arguably the one of the few times in life we should be idealistic but unfeeling sociopaths.

It's not an emotional appeal, but a simple statement of fact. The bitter truth most don't want to hear about the party they support.

Sounds like Ronald Reagon's "It's the economy, stupid!" That sounds nice in theory, but in reality a majority of people vote based on emotional appeal. We saw this around 2015-2016 with Brexit and Trump.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#252  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7106 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

No, but he might. Especially if the GOP tries to cut off aid in an effort to help out their buddy Putin.

People seem to be under the impression that "_ billion dollars" of aid to Ukraine means we are giving them giant crates of cash and taking away from the American people.

We aren't. We are giving them aid. This means outdated military equipment and other material that we would otherwise mothball. Cannon shells that are getting towards the end of their life. Artillery guns that are due to be replaced shortly. And so on and so forth.

Their buddy Putin? Are you really that delusional?

You know I was having a nice civil discourse with @Jag85 and here you come in like a jackass, ignoring 95% of what I said and focusing on the first sentence 🤣

Just really a downer is what you are.

Anyway, would love to hear what you have to say about what I said about how we are giving them aid, outdated equipment, and not money if you care to discuss that.

Well they sent them Abraham tanks which aren't exactly outdated. We still use them to this day although I guess they could have sent those that were produced earlier. My issue is it would be nice if they secured our border before worrying about a war half way across the world.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#253  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58557 Posts

@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@silentchief said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

No, but he might. Especially if the GOP tries to cut off aid in an effort to help out their buddy Putin.

People seem to be under the impression that "_ billion dollars" of aid to Ukraine means we are giving them giant crates of cash and taking away from the American people.

We aren't. We are giving them aid. This means outdated military equipment and other material that we would otherwise mothball. Cannon shells that are getting towards the end of their life. Artillery guns that are due to be replaced shortly. And so on and so forth.

Their buddy Putin? Are you really that delusional?

You know I was having a nice civil discourse with @Jag85 and here you come in like a jackass, ignoring 95% of what I said and focusing on the first sentence 🤣

Just really a downer is what you are.

Anyway, would love to hear what you have to say about what I said about how we are giving them aid, outdated equipment, and not money if you care to discuss that.

Well they sent them Abraham tanks which aren't exactly outdated. We still use them to this day although I guess they could have sent those that were produced earlier. My issue is it would be nice if they secured our border before worrying about a war half way across the world.

I definitely agree we need to do something about the border; I'm tired of the games both sides play (liberals with their virtue signaling and pretending it's not a problem; the far-right being downright bigoted and pretending we are at war).

There is a problem we need to do something about, I'm just not sure why we can't help about Ukraine and secure our border.

I honestly don't know what we can do at our border, but Ukraine needs ammo and material and we can definitely afford to send them that.

Our border, though? Seems more like a policy and staffing issue. Might be worthwhile for Democrats to just suck it up and agree to build the wall. If it fails, they can say "Hey, now you see why we didn't want it" if it works they can say "Hey look we secured the border".

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8436 Posts

@Ospi said:

@Vaasman: breaking the safety bubble is a scary thought though. It might lead to knowledge which might lead to a rethink of opinion *shudders*

That's exactly why I post takes like this for many of you guys

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#256  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15604 Posts
@sargentd said:
@Ospi said:

@Vaasman: breaking the safety bubble is a scary thought though. It might lead to knowledge which might lead to a rethink of opinion *shudders*

That's exactly why I post takes like this for many of you guys

Because you're a troll and only listen to other trolls?

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 751 Posts

@sargentd: I watched the videos you posted. They are sensationalist and not well thought. They don't provide a Smart , well reasoned right wing view.

If you actually would like to see a well though right wing view of politics and science I recommend Lex Friedman.

The guy is way smarter and nuanced than what you post.

Posting about "the liberals panicking" will convince 0 people.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#258 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59471 Posts

@sargentd: Traitors.

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1756448449619230922

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I definitely agree we need to do something about the border; I'm tired of the games both sides play (liberals with their virtue signaling and pretending it's not a problem; the far-right being downright bigoted and pretending we are at war).

There is a problem we need to do something about, I'm just not sure why we can't help about Ukraine and secure our border.

I honestly don't know what we can do at our border, but Ukraine needs ammo and material and we can definitely afford to send them that.

Our border, though? Seems more like a policy and staffing issue. Might be worthwhile for Democrats to just suck it up and agree to build the wall. If it fails, they can say "Hey, now you see why we didn't want it" if it works they can say "Hey look we secured the border".

The problem with the border is the GOP refuses to do anything about it because they want to use it as fear mongering. Walls don't work and they will be expensive. There is legislation written that will ease the burden on the border. Republicans refuse to pass it.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 SargentD

@uninspiredcup said:

Pay your fair share

Loading Video...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By mrbojangles25
@LJS9502_basic said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

The problem with the border is the GOP refuses to do anything about it because they want to use it as fear mongering. Walls don't work and they will be expensive. There is legislation written that will ease the burden on the border. Republicans refuse to pass it.

I know, that's my whole problem with the border issue in the recent few months: it wasn't an issue until the last few months. MAGA-GOP was losing a lot of stuff and gaining in unpopularity so they had to go to something a bit more wholesome than voting rights and abortions to get your more mainstream conservative and moderate, so they made up some stuff about the border.

They did the same thing with the trans community. No one gave two shits about the trans community (for good or for bad) ten years ago, now it's a big deal all of a sudden.

It'd be funny if it didn't have such a huge impact on our day to day. And if it didn't work. But sadly even some moderates I know are doing the whole "I don't really like Trump and the Republicans but they're right about the border blah blah blah"

No one that wants a strong border wants to talk about how the GOP just torpedoes a huge bipartisan bill that would have helped with the border/immigration, though. I mean they worked for months on this thing and even some of the Republican people that worked on it (McConnell and Grassley, iirc) on the bill ended up voting against it. Why? Because Trump said it would make Biden look good.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By uninspiredcup
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Pay your fair share

No one is going to watch this.

In the last two pages

1. Defended Russian Propaganda

2. Trump saying straight up, 100%, he will betray us and encourage Russia to commit genocide.

This man is an embarrassment, a threat to Europe, possibly the world. And you're a cult of unhelpable clowns.

The threat isn't the border. It's you.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 SargentD

@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Pay your fair share

No one is going to watch this.

In the last two pages

1. Defended Russian Propaganda

2. Trump saying straight up, 100%, he will betray us and encourage Russia to commit genocide.

This man is an embarrassment, a threat to Europe, possibly the world. And you're a cult of unhelpable clowns.

The threat isn't the border. It's you.

You posted a 24 second clip with 0 context from some random Twitter account

from the same speech I shared.. which is 5 minutes in full...

Loading Video...

He wants aid given out to be in the form of a loan where they will pay it back later.

I think that's a fantastic idea, money isn't free

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By uninspiredcup

Nato is an alliance not a protection racket.

And he said 100% defaco, he will betray them and encourage Russia to commit genocide, rape, murder, whatever they like.

He, is, a, disgrace.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By SargentD

@uninspiredcup said:

Nato is an alliance not a protection racket.

And he said 100% defaco, he will betray them an encourage Russia to commit genocide, rape, murder, whatever they like.

He, is, a, disgrace.

He said I'm not going to defend you if you don't keep up your end of the deal

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 SargentD

@uninspiredcup: a whole lot of European countries need to stop relying on the US for your entire ****ing millitary. The only European country right now actively pulling thier weight and not completely relying on us is Poland.

If you are so scared of Russia you'd think countries like France, Germany, and the UK would invest in a millitary, Europe as a whole is not pulling its weight.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 uninspiredcup

In case you're unware, you're defending someone who said he would betray Nato, turn into a protection racket, and encouraged Russia to attack them.

I know you guys are like a cult needing deprogrammed, but even you have to at least have some semblance in that head of yours how farcical you sound.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By SargentD
@uninspiredcup said:

In case you're unware, you're defending someone who said he would betray Nato, turn into a protection racket, and encouraged Russia to attack them.

I know you guys are like a cult needing deprogrammed, but even you have to at least have some semblance in that head of yours how farcical you sound.

I heard it like this, if we are a team.. show up and play your position

Sick of my country carrying the heavy load for Europeans

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 SargentD
Loading Video...

Germany has enough ammunition to last about... 2 days.. incredible

Why should any European country invest in its own defense.. when the dumb Americans will pay for it all

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 mrbojangles25

@sargentd said:

Citation?

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2525 Posts

Has anyone got Canada's spending figures to hand? Can't seem to find them in any tables.

I guess they aren't under immediate threat right now so contribution is less important... Is that how that works? @sargentd:

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#273 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127536 Posts

I do wonder how much trade deals between EU and US would be affected if Europe no longer needs US help against Russia.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

@horgen said:

I do wonder how much trade deals between EU and US would be affected if Europe no longer needs US help against Russia.

Isolationism doesn't work and that's been shown in the past. But, you have a group that believe whatever a con man with little education tells them and they lap it up.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127536 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:

Isolationism doesn't work and that's been shown in the past. But, you have a group that believe whatever a con man with little education tells them and they lap it up.

Well sadly some groups are allergic to facts.

But a lot of the things that MAGA wants, will hurt the US standing long term.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 SargentD

@mrbojangles25 said:
@sargentd said:

Citation?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/02/16/germany-military-bundeswehr-boris-pistorius/A promise to dedicate at least 2 percent of the country’s gross domestic product to defense — “now, year after year,” Scholz had said — has been pedaled back. The government aims to meet the 2 percent target in the next “few years,” Pistorius said.

“A complete year has been lost now in a situation in which we have a major war directly in Europe,” said Joachim Weber, a security expert at Bonn University’s Center for Advanced Security, Strategic and Integration Studies. He estimated that Germany could fight for only about two days with its current ammunition supplies.

As months have passed, more than 10 percent of the special 100 billion-euro fund for the military has been lost to inflation and interest payments. And even a Bundeswehr wish list derived from before the war remains unfulfilled.

“Many things that were considered important suddenly went off the list,” said Ralph Thiele, a retired colonel and chairman of the Berlin-based Political-Military Society, which aims to bring together policymakers and industry.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1704807/NATO-ammunition-running-out-Germany-defence-spending-Ukraine-vn

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 mrbojangles25

@sargentd: damn, only 2% dedicated to defense?

Granted, this is coming from an American perspective (where we spend arguably too much on defense), but 2% seems insufficient.

What's even more concerning is the Germans have one of the larger economies in Europe, and if they're only kicking in 2%, then what does that mean for other nations?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23065 Posts

@mrbojangles25: 2.2:percent is the average. Ours is 3.5. The full list is below.

Link

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 SargentD

@mrbojangles25 said:

Granted, this is coming from an American perspective (where we spend arguably too much on defense), but 2% seems insufficient.

What's even more concerning is the Germans have one of the larger economies in Europe, and if they're only kicking in 2%, then what does that mean for other nations?

They aren't even hitting 2%... that was thier initial promise.. now they are saying they will aim to hit 2% in a couple years..

They aren't going to invest in millitary, they just see America as thier millitary and expect us to carry the EU.

Respect to Poland for taking necessary steps to beef thier defense

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By mrbojangles25
@mattbbpl said:

@mrbojangles25: 2.2:percent is the average. Ours is 3.5. The full list is below.

Link

Thank you for the context. That doesn't seem so bad, I guess. Still..."two days of ammo" is a little frightening. Then again, I'm wondering who is giving them these numbers; during the Cold War, defense officials often inflated enemy numbers (and deflated their own) in order to secure more funding. I'm wondering if that's still going on today.

I think maybe I'm just used to total dollar comparisons and when the US economy is so massive relative to all others the defense spending dwarfs what other countries spend.

Hmmm...I wonder what we could do in the US if we dropped it to 3%. That 0.5% could probably fix our K-12 education system, rebuild our infrastructure, establish a high-speed rail network that goes everywhere, build some nuclear power plants. A guy can dream, I suppose.

*Wow, Qatar and Saudi Arabia spending 7+%! Wonder what they have planned!? No wonder they're buying our fancy planes.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 Jag85
@mrbojangles25 said:

It stems from the aftermath of World War II when Germany and Japan were heavily restricted from having their own armies. They have their own armies now, but their laws still have restrictions on their military capabilities.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 mattbbpl

Well, I don't know if Putin has "won," but as of today there's no doubt that the leader of a major political party in the US is his stooge.

Given the defense of Russia's actions and goals by the party more broadly I shouldn't be surprised, but nonetheless this does not bode well....

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 mrbojangles25

@mattbbpl said:

Well, I don't know if Putin has "won," but as of today there's no doubt that the leader of a major political party in the US is his stooge.

Given the defense of Russia's actions and goals by the party more broadly I shouldn't be surprised, but nonetheless this does not bode well....

The entire GOP, as far as I am concerned, is (as our Russian friends would say) kompromat.

Can't believe Trump actually said that. Good god. AND PEOPLE AGREE WITH HIM!

It's funny I always ask myself "Why do we have so many old farts in Congress and Senate?" and now I'm starting to think it's because the Russians won't let them quit.

Yes, I know that's getting a little tinfoil hat...but still.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3523 Posts

Ahah, Trump telling Russia to attack European allies and do whatever he wants. That's absolutely normal!

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2525 Posts
@sargentd said:

@uninspiredcup: a whole lot of European countries need to stop relying on the US for your entire ****ing millitary. The only European country right now actively pulling thier weight and not completely relying on us is Poland.

If you are so scared of Russia you'd think countries like France, Germany, and the UK would invest in a millitary, Europe as a whole is not pulling its weight.

How is the UK not pulling its weight, within or outside of NATO commitments?

Which figures are you drawing these conclusions from?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 SargentD

@sancho_panzer said:
@sargentd said:

How is the UK not pulling its weight, within or outside of NATO commitments?

Which figures are you drawing these conclusions from?

Honestly will give UK the 👍 up

Eyeing up Germany the most

Those **** are free loaders.

And they have been saying they will spend more on defense every year for like 7 years and never do.. they are supposed to be paying atleast 2% and never have!! So US pays for them!!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 uninspiredcup
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I heard it like this, if we are a team.. show up and play your position

Sick of my country carrying the heavy load for Europeans

And therein lies the problem, not attuned to reality, fed fairytales that prey on insecurities and promote sociopathy.

If Trump wins then god fucking help us all.

This is a clown show.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 SargentD

NATO is not much of an alliance when only 25% of the countries in the alliance actually pay thier fair share .. 🤔

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3523 Posts

@sargentd: I don't think you quite understand what NATO actually is for the US.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 uninspiredcup

@sargentd said:

NATO is not much of an alliance when only 25% of the countries in the alliance actually pay thier fair share .. 🤔

1. Different sized economies

2. Priorities i.e. some countries are more at threat than others

3. Not every country prioritize defense (something probably regretting right now)

4. Alternate ways of contributing i.e. sending equipment (see Ukraine), training and, proving troops (i.e. people who will die)

5. Fluctuating leaders (i.e. unlike Putin leaders swap)

There's also a difference between implying they can do more, and straight up acting like they are your servants on a gangster protection racket with an encouragment "being invaded and fucking killed by Russia" as a threat.

Does that sound like an ally? It sounds like a dictator. Mighty so.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By uninspiredcup

This is real, btw.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By SargentD
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:

3. Not every country prioritize defense (something probably regretting right now)

4. Alternate ways of contributing i.e. sending equipment (see Ukraine), training and, proving troops (i.e. people who will die)

There's also a difference between implying they can do more, and straight up acting like they are your servants on a gangster protection racket with an encouragment "being invaded and fucking killed by Russia" as a threat.

https://www.statista.com/chart/14636/defense-expenditures-of-nato-countries/

The concept that NATO countries should spend 2 percent of their GDP on defense was debuted in 2014 and by 2024, members of the military alliance should technically have "moved towards" or beyond this goal. While the definition as agreed upon during NATO's Wales summit 10 years ago is vague, the 2-percent target has nevertheless been considered a hallmark of NATO's success as well as a point of contention within the organization and in public discourse.

According to data released as of July 1, the number of NATO countries which have reached or exceeded the spending level was only 11 out of 30 members with armed forces. The list encompasses the U.S., the UK, Poland, Greece, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania as well as new member Finland, showing overall that Eastern European nations have been more attuned to military threats in Europe arising again. While this means that only around a third of members are reaching the 2024 goal, the number was up from nine as of mid-2022. New additions are Romania and Hungary, where military spending as compared to GDP rose substantially in 2023 opposite 2022. Despite recent gains, larger and wealthier NATO members stayed behind the goal - often by a large margin. This includes Germany, Canada, Italy and Spain.

Croatia and France, which had previously hit the 2-percent goal, stayed slightly below in 2023. The next closest to hitting the threshold were more of NATO's newer members, Montenegro and North Macedonia at 1.87 percent of GDP in defense spending each, followed by Bulgaria, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.

According to its Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg, NATO is currently undergoing “the biggest overhaul of collective defense and deterrence since the Cold War” after the organization has emerged as the chief supporter of Ukraine in its defense effort against a Russian invasion. But even before war on the European continent became a reality again in 2022, tensions had been running high about the state of NATO's military infrastructure as most European nations had adopted a lackluster approach to defense spending in peace times. U.S. President Donald Trump in 2018 brought the issue to the forefront once more as he criticized a number of NATO member states, especially Germany, for not making enough enough effort to meet the 2-percent-of-GDP spending threshold.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 mattbbpl

@sargentd: You do, I assume, know that we are the only country to ever invoke article 5 of the NATO treaty (post 9/11), and after doing so the other member countries joined us in the Afghanistan war. They sacrificed not only aid to do so, but their soldiers' lives.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By uninspiredcup
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:

The concept that NATO countries should spend 2 percent of their GDP on defense was debuted in 2014 and by 2024, members of the military alliance should technically have "moved towards" or beyond this goal. While the definition as agreed upon during NATO's Wales summit 10 years ago is vague, the 2-percent target has nevertheless been considered a hallmark of NATO's success as well as a point of contention within the organization and in public discourse.

According to data released as of July 1, the number of NATO countries which have reached or exceeded the spending level was only 11 out of 30 members with armed forces. The list encompasses the U.S., the UK, Poland, Greece, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania as well as new member Finland, showing overall that Eastern European nations have been more attuned to military threats in Europe arising again.

According to its Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg,NATO is currently undergoing “the biggest overhaul of collective defense and deterrence since the Cold War” after the organization has emerged as the chief supporter of Ukraine in its defense effort against a Russian invasion.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

It confirmed what I said.

Further, Ukraine, the thing he doesn't want to support and actively is blocking support for, that's restructuring it. Not Donald Trump.

Aside from being a detriment, he's threatened them and aligning with their enemy encouraging them to attack.

This, isn't how Nato works. It's not how it's suppose to work. What he described is akin to the mafia threatening shopkeepers to pay up or suffer an accident. A Don. (which is what Putin is referred to btw)

America is the threat, the one that will open the door to your doom, not a partner.

Regardless of whatever problems Nato has, this man should not in any shape or form be at the table.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By uninspiredcup

This def, def, def doesn't sound like a dictator.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 uninspiredcup

General Wesley Clark -

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 SargentD

@uninspiredcup: Germany, France, Canada, Italy, Netherlands got to step up.

Despite recent gains, larger and wealthier NATO members stayed behind the goal - often by a large margin. This includes Germany, Canada, Italy and Spain.

Croatia and France, which had previously hit the 2-percent goal, stayed slightly below in 2023. The next closest to hitting the threshold were more of NATO's newer members, Montenegro and North Macedonia at 1.87 percent of GDP in defense spending each, followed by Bulgaria, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.

According to its Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg, NATO is currently undergoing “the biggest overhaul of collective defense and deterrence since the Cold War” after the organization has emerged as the chief supporter of Ukraine in its defense effort against a Russian invasion. But even before war on the European continent became a reality again in 2022, tensions had been running high about the state of NATO's military infrastructure as most European nations had adopted a lackluster approach to defense spending in peace times. U.S. President Donald Trump in 2018 brought the issue to the forefront once more as he criticized a number of NATO member states, especially Germany, for not making enough enough effort to meet the 2-percent-of-GDP spending threshold.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By SargentD
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:

According to data released as of July 1, the number of NATO countries which have reached or exceeded the spending level was only 11 out of 30 members with armed forces. The list encompasses the U.S., the UK, Poland, Greece, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania as well as new member Finland, showing overall that Eastern European nations have been more attuned to military threats in Europe arising again.

According to its Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg,NATO is currently undergoing “the biggest overhaul of collective defense and deterrence since the Cold War” after the organization has emerged as the chief supporter of Ukraine in its defense effort against a Russian invasion.

America is the threat, the one that will open the door to your doom, not a partner.

If this is how you see us then why should we continue to pay to carry the load..

Why not be pissed at Germany, France, and Canada that contribute such a small percentage to our defense as an alliance??

Why doesn't America take Germany approach? Maybe we should only spend 1.4% of our GDP on defense. People criticize USA for not providing free college or free healthcare.. yet we foot the bill for countries like Germany who refuse to even contribute the 2% they agreed too..

It's not fair, they are a wealthy nation, they should contribute more.. Germany is much closer to Russia being a threat and still sit there with a thumb up thier ass.. doesn't want to pay.. then if these countries don't have to pay... why does the US have to???

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By uninspiredcup
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Why not be pissed at Germany, France, and Canada that contribute such a small percentage to our defense as an alliance??

Because they haven't actively signaled to Putin he can invade, massacre and carve up Europe as they do mexican waves. Coming across as a traitor and a massive threat.

What you're doing here is trying to divert, re-contextualize and justify vile behavior.

Average MAGA stuff.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 Jag85
@uninspiredcup said:

Sounds like a supervillain speech... But I'm calling the bluff. He made the same promises back in 2016, yet he did jack all and was busy playing golf in the four years he was in power.