GTA 4(parents are **** about it)

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for sonnycorleone94
sonnycorleone94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 sonnycorleone94
Member since 2008 • 325 Posts

So im 15 and for some reason my parents say i cant get gta 4. I don't get it as i play games like Gears of War and the Godfather 2. Whats up you know. Im pretty sure its just the name so what can i do to get my parents to just let me get it. Im low on funds right now so i gotta wait to just buy the **** but what can i do to just lighten up?(also includes music and stuff too.Not just a game)

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#2 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts

they let you play godfather 2 but not gta ? your parents fail.

name294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 name294
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts
lol, my folks let me play anything, ive been watching R rated films since i was like...a long time ago! just show em ur mature
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
Go to the store and hope they don't ask for ID.
sonnycorleone94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sonnycorleone94
Ya i know but thats because its the godfather(my favorite movie series)
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

They don't let you play it because they know nothing about video games and have heard GTA is bad. That's why. Your also 15 and shouldn't be playing M rated games to begin with.

sonnycorleone94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sonnycorleone94

They don't let you play it because they know nothing about video games and have heard GTA is bad. That's why. Your also 15 and shouldn't be playing M rated games to begin with.

PlasmaBeam44
lol that made my laugh. Maybe you should talk to the 6 year old kid killing prostitutes in said GTA. But joking asaid they don't know anything about games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Actually, this rating system is just pathetic and should be overlooked completely. I mean, I played the **** out of games like Resident Evil and GTA when I was 10 years old and look how awesome I ended up. I suggest you go to the store and buy the game, toss the case in the trash and put the disc into your Gear of War case.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PlasmaBeam44

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

sonnycorleone94

lol that made my laugh. Maybe you should talk to the 6 year old kid killing prostitutes in said GTA. But joking asaid they don't know anything about games

Irresponsible parents really make me sick. At least your parents are smart enough to know that GTA isn't for 15 year old kids. I applaud them for that but at the same time I am disgusted that they don't care enough to monitor the games you play.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

lol, my folks let me play anything, ive been watching R rated films since i was like...a long time ago! just show em ur maturename294

Same. My dad took me to see the first Jackass Movie in theaters when I was like 7 or 8.

sonnycorleone94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sonnycorleone94
Actually, this rating system is just pathetic and should be overlooked completely. I mean, I played the **** out of games like Resident Evil and GTA when I was 10 years old and look how awesome I ended up. I suggest you go to the store and buy the game, toss the case in the trash and put the disc into your Gear of War case.jointed
ya i think i will. Where is the best place to get games at. Atleast where they don't really care? I don't trust gamestops so.
jstamm33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 jstamm33
Member since 2008 • 492 Posts
[QUOTE="sonnycorleone94"][QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

okay, do you have any friends that have it. My parents never let me get M rated games for quite a while, but I had been playing every gta since gta3 at my friends house on his ps2. So by the time I was 14 they let me play it because I was mature. I'm guessing your parents are republicans? all republican parents are nutjobs when it comes to video games. My parents are democrats so they don't mind OBAMA FTW!!
shoot-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#13 shoot-first
Member since 2004 • 9788 Posts

Tell them...it will be worth it. o_o

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
have someone buy it for you?
sonnycorleone94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sonnycorleone94

Tell them...it will be worth it. o_o

shoot-first

Best pic ever lol

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

You're fifteen years old. Just wait two more years and then you can play "big boy" games.

sonnycorleone94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sonnycorleone94

You're fifteen years old. Just wait two more years and then you can play "big boy" games.

Shad0ki11
Shooo well i guess ill have to. hmmm bummer
name294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 name294

PlasmaBeam44
dude, u gotta give the man some entertainment. a lot of people play M rated games before 15. ive been playing those since i was 12, and i haven't gotten into a lot of trouble at school, and ive only been given less than 10 suspensions.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

name294

dude, u gotta give the man some entertainment. a lot of people play M rated games before 15. ive been playing those since i was 12, and i haven't gotten into a lot of trouble at school, and ive only been given less than 10 suspensions.

What were those suspensions for?

sonnycorleone94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sonnycorleone94
[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

name294

Dude ive played M games since i was like 12 but my parents are just *****
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts

PlasmaBeam44
How old were you when you started playing them?
name294

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 name294

[QUOTE="name294"][QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

Shad0ki11

What were those suspensions for?

i forgot. many of them were for different reasons, like insobodnations
chugachea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chugachea
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts

For everyone telling him he's not old or mature enough, have you ever played halo or call of duty online? It's non stop screaming from little 10 year olds, and they swear more than anyone i've heard in my life. I say either get someone else to buy if for you, or try to somehow get your parents to realize that your mature enough or that it's not any worse than some other games you play.

sonnycorleone94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sonnycorleone94

For everyone telling him he's not old or mature enough, have you ever played halo or call of duty online? It's non stop screaming from little 10 year olds, and they swear more than anyone i've heard in my life. I say either get someone else to buy if for you, or try to somehow get your parents to realize that your mature enough or that it's not any worse than some other games you play.

chugachea
True. I mean sometimes i get angry in Cod and ya swearing is just in my natural calm tone but some kids(even younger than 10) are crazy. But ya i will try to get my dad to just understand i play just as bad games.(guilt trip them). If that doesn't work i will just get someone to buy it for me
Denion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Denion
Member since 2004 • 162 Posts
That's because they've HEARD of gta, but not those other games.
Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts

It is because your parents are stuck up over media and believe everything they say. Since GTA is usually a hot-topic when it comes to video games in the news, it makes your parents think that if you play it you automatically become the next big school-shooter that's all over the news.
Gears of War and The Godfather II are totally ok by your parents simply because the media isn't all over those games like GTA.

Parents can be ignorant without even realizing it, I know.

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

That sucks. I've been playing M rated games since I was like 6 with my SEGA. GTA3 I played even when I was around 11-12 and my parents didn't care. Just because someone is 15 doesn't mean they shouldn't play a mature game... By 16 I had tried marijuana(only did it 2 times), had sex, and have played tons of games which killing is involved. GTA is a mix of those 3 things with the sex and drugs to a VERY minimal extent. I would recommend going to a small game store that isn't franchise owned, preferably owned by Asians as they tend not to give a **** how old you are. Change the box art and maybe even put a sticker over the name of the GTA4 on the disk and your parents would never know.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
I play GTA4 almost every day. Its very detailed and believe it or not, its surprisingly accurate to NYC. From the turn coming off exit 9 on the FDR (w.e its called in the game) right by the U.N building, the bus tops right under that bridge (Williamsburg) and the type of people and the things they say in a certain areas. Some just dont understand how awesome and detailed Rockstar made this game.
sonnycorleone94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sonnycorleone94

That sucks. I've been playing M rated games since I was like 6 with my SEGA. GTA3 I played even when I was around 11-12 and my parents didn't care. Just because someone is 15 doesn't mean they shouldn't play a mature game... By 16 I had tried marijuana(only did it 2 times), had sex, and have played tons of games which killing is involved. GTA is a mix of those 3 things with the sex and drugs to a VERY minimal extent. I would recommend going to a small game store that isn't franchise owned, preferably owned by Asians as they tend not to give a **** how old you are. Change the box art and maybe even put a sticker over the name of the GTA4 on the disk and your parents would never know.

bigblunt537
True. I mean im 15 i smoke marijuana, i drink(beer only), and although i have not had sex... lets just say my hand doesnt count lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

sonnycorleone94
True. I mean im 15 i smoke marijuana, i drink(beer only), and although i have not had sex... lets just say my hand doesnt count lol

You do all that and you're complaining about your parents not letting you buy GTA 4?
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

[QUOTE="sonnycorleone94"][QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

PlasmaBeam44

Irresponsible parents really make me sick. At least your parents are smart enough to know that GTA isn't for 15 year old kids. I applaud them for that but at the same time I am disgusted that they don't care enough to monitor the games you play.

You act like a 15 year old is still a little child. Perhaps I'm only saying this because I'm 21, but a 15 year old is not so immature that they can't handle playing GTA. Unless they've been living a ridiculously sheltered life they've probably seen all the morally questionable stuff that GTA has to offer, and in much greater detail.

sonnycorleone94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sonnycorleone94
[QUOTE="sonnycorleone94"][QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

jointed

You do all that and you're complaining about your parents not letting you buy GTA 4?

lol there is a difference between GTA and uhhh weed and stuff. I mean Gta is really not that important just a stupid thing but ehh that other stuff is not something to even joke about ya know
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PlasmaBeam44

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

Morning_Revival

How old were you when you started playing them?

I bought my first M rated game on my 17th birthday (it was Resident Evil 4) and my mom freaked because she's strongly against R rated movies and M rated games. But she eventually got over it. I did play M rated games when I was about 14 or 15 at friends houses but it wasn't anything as bad as GTA.

sonnycorleone94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sonnycorleone94

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

[QUOTE="sonnycorleone94"] lol that made my laugh. Maybe you should talk to the 6 year old kid killing prostitutes in said GTA. But joking asaid they don't know anything about gamesgameguy6700

You act like a 15 year old is still a little child. Perhaps I'm only saying this because I'm 21, but a 15 year old is not so immature that they can't handle playing GTA. Unless they've been living a ridiculously sheltered life they've probably seen all the morally questionable stuff that GTA has to offer, and in much greater detail.

Exactly. I watch the news and i hear about prostitute killers, innocent women getting raped, serial killers and wars. Thats just the nightly news lol
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

When you're old enough to get out of their house, then you can stop living by their rules. :)

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PlasmaBeam44

[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

sonnycorleone94

God your a messed up kid with some messed up parents.

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
I'm pretty sure your parents not letting you play a game based around street violence is understandable. Going out and shooting up a drug store is a lot closer to home than, say, chainsawing aliens.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#38 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts

Well they've set a bad standard letting you play several M games but not GTA, I'll agree with you there, but it's still their call. I just started GTAIV again, and my step-son, nearly 15, and he wants to watch me play or play himself, but Halo is the only M game I've ever let him play, so he's used to it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="sonnycorleone94"][QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="sonnycorleone94"] True. I mean im 15 i smoke marijuana, i drink(beer only), and although i have not had sex... lets just say my hand doesnt count lol

lol there is a difference between GTA and uhhh weed and stuff. I mean Gta is really not that important just a stupid thing but ehh that other stuff is not something to even joke about ya know

It's just strange that you have no problems doing something which is actually illegal...but when it comes to playing games without your parents knowledge, you need advice from GS. Well, whatever floats your boat I guess.
Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts
Just do what your parents say. They're doing something called parenting. Something a lot of other parents don't do. You're actually pretty lucky that your parents care what you are exposed to.
sonnycorleone94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sonnycorleone94

[QUOTE="sonnycorleone94"][QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

PlasmaBeam44

So most 15 year olds are messed up right... except in your fantasy world of course
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

eh, get a friend to buy it for you, then put it in an Viva pinata Case.

sonnycorleone94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sonnycorleone94
[QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="sonnycorleone94"][QUOTE="jointed"] You do all that and you're complaining about your parents not letting you buy GTA 4?

It's just strange that you have no problems doing something which is actually illegal...but when it comes to playing games without your parents knowledge, you need advice from GS. Well, whatever floats your boat I guess.

Well thats just cause its a game and im not gonna start some stupid crap with my parents over a game
sonnycorleone94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sonnycorleone94

1bigsmoke55
lol viva pinata
Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Euroshinobi
Member since 2009 • 3299 Posts

You're not missing too much......besides the multiplayer that can be fun, GTA IV is overall a disapoitment......the main story is crap......gameplay is not the best........it was a step down from san andreas, i'm heavily depending on prototype to be the open world game to give me what gta lacked, the good gameplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

You're not missing too much......besides the multiplayer that can be fun, GTA IV is overall a disapoitment......the main story is crap......gameplay is not the best........it was a step down from san andreas, i'm heavily depending on prototype to be the open world game to give me what gta lacked, the good gameplay

Euroshinobi
I agree with Euro, GTA was by far the greatest game of 2008.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PlasmaBeam44

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]

[QUOTE="sonnycorleone94"] True. I mean im 15 i smoke marijuana, i drink(beer only), and although i have not had sex... lets just say my hand doesnt count lolsonnycorleone94

So most 15 year olds are messed up right... except in your fantasy world of course

Just because other kids do it doesn't mean it's ok and yes most 15 year olds who drink and smoke pot are messed up in some way or another. That's always been my experiance with this stuff.

AFraud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AFraud
Member since 2004 • 1500 Posts

have someone buy it for you? ReaperV7

Yeah, that would be my suggestion. Just get a hobo or some random guy on the street to buy it for you, and give him a few extra dollars.

The game is more than a year old. I can't even believe it would be that expensive at this point.

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

[QUOTE="1bigsmoke55"]

sonnycorleone94

lol viva pinata

i did it with san andreas, except i used a spongebob case.

Euroshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Euroshinobi
Member since 2009 • 3299 Posts

Fallout 3 was the best game of 2008 FTW !

can't wait for 4 !