Ghost of a kid caught on tape. Proof of the Afterlife?

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrocodileNuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CrocodileNuts
Member since 2009 • 189 Posts

Link

If you don't believe in ghosts, the video that Fox 8 News obtained may change your mind forever!

The footage was shot in a cemetery and it may be the most remarkable evidence of the afterlife ever caught on tape.

Still not convinced? Watch the video above and see for yourself!Fox8

Pretty creepy stuff. :S

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

Wow, a ghost video that isn't complete crap. That is pretty creepy and sure looks like the form of a little kid to me...

TreebucketLumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TreebucketLumi
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

uh, everyone knows ghosts don't appear in cameras, sooo

Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts

Wow, a ghost video that isn't complete crap. That is pretty creepy and sure looks like the form of a little kid to me...

SilentSoprano

This is what i thought too, most ghost videos are super duper out or range blurry lights or shadows that half a second walk by. This was full out BAM

tepni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tepni
Member since 2008 • 3214 Posts

I don't think so, not buyin it. Lol but it was creepy to watch.

ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts
Are you from Ohio, or did you just happen to come across Fox 8 news? :P
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I want to visit that graveyard at night... but with lots of kevlar and a gas mask... just to be safe :D And a video camera... I want see ghosts :o

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Interesting, but I'm not inclined to believe it's real. If it were a ghost, then there are other people in the video that should have reacted in some way to it. Nobody else seems to have reacted to it.
TreebucketLumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TreebucketLumi

I want to visit that graveyard at night... but with lots of kevlar and a gas mask... just to be safe :D And a video camera... I want see ghosts :o

JigglyWiggly_

i dont understand. do ghosts stereotypically carry guns and nerve gas or something??

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts
Hmm, seems like that grave might've had something to do with blocking out the view of the kid after he falls. O.o
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

Pareidolia

Humans have evolved to recognize often random and small stimuli as being something significant. The best example of this is in audio. Where often times very quite noises during absolute quite are percieved to be our own name because our brains are wired to pick out that sound, just like they are wired to pick out human faces.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

The main problem I have with the whole "paranormal footage" thing is in three parts:

1. If ghosts are real, then why are they so elusive? It isn't as if dead people are hard to come by.

2. If ghosts are real, then why do they seem to be affected by the Earth's gravity?

3. If ghosts are real, then by what mechanism do they emit electromagnetic waves capable of being detected by visual recording equipment that perfectly form the shape of a person?

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts
I guess I am the only one who diden't think that looked like a ghost. Looked like just a kid running around. Kid could have jumped on a tree. Could have thrown a piece of clothing in the air and thats what we see falling. Wasn't creepy at all and I just don't see how this looks like a ghost.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Wait a minute... people don't believe in God but believe in ghosts? o_O

:P

Fox must be running out of news if they are showing this crap :P

TreebucketLumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TreebucketLumi

hey have you guys heard of this thing called Pareidolia

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

Nah nah, you see that was, ah...um...some lights, uh....reflectin' off of venus, and uh....

JoeJoeLaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JoeJoeLaker
Member since 2010 • 704 Posts

Thats pretty strange, and the guy seems to be truthful.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

TreebucketLumi

i dont understand. do ghosts stereotypically carry guns and nerve gas or something??

Yes.
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cobrax25

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]

Pareidolia

Humans have evolved to recognize often random and small stimuli as being something significant. The best example of this is in audio. Where often times very quite noises during absolute quite are percieved to be our own name because our brains are wired to pick out that sound, just like they are wired to pick out human faces.

testfactor888

Was this really needed to be posted 3 times now?

it glitched on me, sry. Its been removed now.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pixel-Pirate

Pareidolia

cobrax25

Yes this is when you look at the moon or say a ceiling like mine that has little rock like things on it and your brain see's nothing that makes sense so it simply puts something familiar (a face) to make sense.

I don't think this was that since it wasn't a stationary thing, a mass of rocks, or anything of the sort. If it was, say, a squirrel, that was the biggest squirrel this side of Kansas, and with teleportation powers!

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 testfactor888

[QUOTE="testfactor888"][QUOTE="cobrax25"]

Pareidolia

cobrax25

So has my post than. Just seemed weird how it was skipping between other peoples posts
TreebucketLumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TreebucketLumi

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]

Pareidolia

testfactor888

oh, he deleted the two re-posts, now my post just feels silly :(

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 testfactor888

Pareidolia

TreebucketLumi

lol mine 2. :P
JoeJoeLaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JoeJoeLaker
Member since 2010 • 704 Posts

hey have you guys heard of this thing called Pareidolia

TreebucketLumi

Oh You Wikipedia....

Yea, ive heard of this before but didnt know the name of it..

Thanks for the info. :D

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cobrax25

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]

[QUOTE="testfactor888"] Was this really needed to be posted 3 times now?testfactor888

So has my post than. Just seemed weird how it was skipping between other peoples posts

it wasnt loading the confirmation page, so I resubmitted it after waiting a bit. Its still not working, but at least now I know the messages are getting across.

TreebucketLumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TreebucketLumi

Pareidolia

TreebucketLumi

not gonna delete MY post though, because when I post, I COMMIT to it 8)

Joshywaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#30 Joshywaa
Member since 2002 • 10991 Posts

The main problem I have with the whole "paranormal footage" thing is in three parts:

1. If ghosts are real, then why are they so elusive? It isn't as if dead people are hard to come by.

2. If ghosts are real, then why do they seem to be affected by the Earth's gravity?

3. If ghosts are real, then by what mechanism do they emit electromagnetic waves capable of being detected by visual recording equipment that perfectly form the shape of a person?

GabuEx

1) Ghosts are very snobbish -rarely do they expose themselves to philistines such as the living

2) Whereas us HOO-MAHNS have no choice but to bow down and obey the mighty laws of gravity, the ghosts simply choose to give in to it...Perennial efforts have been made to get them to stop "dilly daddling"... but to no avail.

3) Two Words "Yak Bak"

Anyway....

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fend_oblivion

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

TreebucketLumi

Maybe.

I'd carry Holy water and a shotgun just in case. And an orbital station that can shoot lasers :)

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cobrax25

The combination of random stimuli will often register in our brain as "human" even if its really not. For example take one of the most famous ghost photos out there.

at first glance it appears as though there is clearly a women on the lighthouse. But now look at the railing on the left side, under the same angle, it resembles the body of the "ghost" on the right side almost perfectly. While the head, taken in this new context, now just looks as though its a bird.

its nothing but your mind playing tricks on you.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Over 9000 graves? :3
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pixel-Pirate

GabuEx

1. Well the common idea would be that either A. not everyone becomes a ghost/not all ghosts can manifest themselves. Places where a tragic death happened are more likely to get paranormal footage compared to say, a hospital.

2. I've seen footage and heard of stories where they arn't affected by gravity or even the laws of physics. In some cases it would most likely be called residual. Where the ghost is not a sentient afterlife being but more like recorded footage being played over and over. It is affected by gravity in this case because it was affected by gravity in life when whatever event it is replaying took place.

3. Can't answer that one as I'm not a man of science :P

TreebucketLumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TreebucketLumi

[QUOTE="TreebucketLumi"]

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

fend_oblivion

Maybe.

I'd carry Holy water and a shotgun just in case. And an orbital station that can shoot lasers :)

all simon needed was a whip, what's your excuse

Avatar image for SuperSaiyanLink
SuperSaiyanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SuperSaiyanLink
Member since 2003 • 19542 Posts

Wait a minute... people don't believe in God but believe in ghosts? o_O

Fox must be running out of news if they are showing this crap :P

fend_oblivion

They aren't mutually exclusive.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#37 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

Pareidolia

cobrax25

... Did you see the video?

This wasn't exactly a small stimuli, you are seeing a kid-like figure doing kid-like running without breaking the illusion of being a kid-like figure doing kid-like running, for several seconds. Explaining what we are seeing here with pareidolia just has no place here, the object of motif is responding to a scrolling foreground and background realistically.

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

GabuEx

1. Thats assuming ghosts are dead people... they may not be dead at all. It could be lingering memories, carried by electromagnetic waves that only some people, in the right circumstances, are able to dedect. They could be spirit creatures, taking the shape of a person. They could be visions of another demension.

2. If they are indeed the spirits of the dead, they are acting as if they are alive. If you act as though you are alive, than you will act like gravity has hold over you. And who is to assume that the same laws that effect us in the living would stop effecting us oncwe we die... gravity is physics, which is the law of the universe.

3. This has been the hardest question to answer, by far. Its like the old question: "How does a ghost talk if it has no vocal chords? Why does a microphone need to be on for a recorder to accuire the voices?" This is why I do not believe that ghosts are the spirits of the dead...

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
Meh that wasnt even scary... is just a kid playing in a graveyard.. parents are probably somewhere..
theonlyway316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 theonlyway316
Member since 2010 • 541 Posts

lol how could they seen the child cloths are from civil war?did i get something wrong?

Avatar image for SuperSaiyanLink
SuperSaiyanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SuperSaiyanLink
Member since 2003 • 19542 Posts

GabuEx

I don't know bro, it looks like you've got it all figured out.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 fend_oblivion

all simon needed was a whip, what's your excuse

TreebucketLumi

Ya but that's different. He is a Belmont. What can I possibly do to match his skill? :(

*cue Old Snake Theme*

I'm not a hero...never will be...I'm just a chicken...hired to do some cluck work.

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

Pixel-Pirate

1. Well the common idea would be that either A. not everyone becomes a ghost/not all ghosts can manifest themselves. Places where a tragic death happened are more likely to get paranormal footage compared to say, a hospital.

2. I've seen footage and heard of stories where they arn't affected by gravity or even the laws of physics. In some cases it would most likely be called residual. Where the ghost is not a sentient afterlife being but more like recorded footage being played over and over. It is affected by gravity in this case because it was affected by gravity in life when whatever event it is replaying took place.

3. Can't answer that one as I'm not a man of science :P

I would make for a very, very boring ghost....

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
The title made me speechless. :|
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

Hmmm, interesting. Creepy and interesting. It does look like it could be a "ghost".

ZombieNoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 ZombieNoob
Member since 2009 • 385 Posts

Nice footage. Still not convinced. But I found it interesting. Just like the other 143546576 ghost videos.

Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts

But wait, white boys cant jump. False premise entails a false conclusion; it cannot be a ghost.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#48 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
Let science do what it does best and try to disprove anything that requires non-scientific explanations to be explained. I however will try to disprove it based on the source alone.
Avatar image for deactivated-587633796662c
deactivated-587633796662c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 deactivated-587633796662c
Member since 2009 • 6979 Posts

[QUOTE="cobrax25"]

Pareidolia

BiancaDK

... Did you see the video?

This wasn't exactly a small stimuli, you are seeing a kid-like figure doing kid-like running without breaking the illusion of being a kid-like figure doing kid-like running, for several seconds. Explaining what we are seeing here with pareidolia just has no place here, the object of motif is responding to a scrolling foreground and background realistically.

This.
Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
that was cool.