FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20249 Posts

Here I thought that the Right is nuts for thinking that the World is flat or Evolution does not exist. Here are people actually believing that Biological Sex is fake and a social contruct.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Maybe I missed it but where did he say that biological sex isn't real? To me it sounded like he was saying the simplistic view of cisnormativity is a social construct.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

So are loads of things, like sexuality. You care for someone else's opinion.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

LOL

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36042 Posts

I was going to delve into a deeper analysis of what he teaches and ask you what you believe is wrong with it. That said I'd be surprised if you had studied this, and I certainly have not studied it making the whole conversation a ****-fest of ignorance. Instead, I'm going to post the full video of what you had originally posted, and another video of what appears to be him actually teaching the class. This will give the opportunity for you, myself, or anyone else who sees this thread to maybe learn something. Whether we learn he has some valid points backed by science or whether he's full of crap I don't know as I have yet to watch the videos myself, but this way the opportunity to learn is there either way.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#6  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man:

I don't buy that. People denying their genetic makeup to tell the world that they're the opposite gender. The way I see it, if you're born a man, you're a man. If you're a woman then you're a woman. You can go through all the procedures in the world but none of that will be the same as the real deal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#7 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Insecure much?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: You may look like a male, but that doesnt mean you share the same stuff your typical male does. There is actually no reason to even use the term male or female as theyre subjective to ones thinking and not backed by empirical science.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#9  Edited By DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

I was going to delve into a deeper analysis of what he teaches and ask you what you believe is wrong with it. That said I'd be surprised if you had studied this, and I certainly have not studied it making the whole conversation a ****-fest of ignorance. Instead, I'm going to post the full video of what you had originally posted, and another video of what appears to be him actually teaching the class. This will give the opportunity for you, myself, or anyone else who sees this thread to maybe learn something. Whether we learn he has some valid points backed by science or whether he's full of crap I don't know as I have yet to watch the videos myself, but this way the opportunity to learn is there either way.

...*snore*Wha-... god damn he's a boring speaker. That entire speech was POINTLESS. It is a glorified, uncritical, synopsis of a book. Granted it was an intro, but it was such a dry intro. Well,, that was 16:43 of my life wasted. Oh, and besides being the speaker in question, TOTALLY off topic as he doesn't even mention sex. I was actually hoping he just misspoke in that little debate, but this didn't even address the topic so...

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DerekLoffin

@toast_burner said:

Maybe I missed it but where did he say that biological sex isn't real? To me it sounded like he was saying the simplistic view of cisnormativity is a social construct.

0:36 "Basically it is not correct that there is such a thing as biological sex" Literally the first words he says...

Now, maybe he misspoke. I know a lot of people do conflate gender with sex, or some such, but it doesn't sound like it, and even on gender he also is on VERY shaky ground, even within the Trans-community as their being a biological unpinning to gender is pretty important, hence the need for medical treatment as apposed to simple psyche therapy.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iandizion713

@DerekLoffin: Just cause a doctor looks at you and calls you a male, doesnt mean you are. Thats a primitive way of thinking. You can be whatever you want to be in life. There is no empirical science that defines you at birth.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DerekLoffin

@iandizion713 said:

@DerekLoffin: Just cause a doctor looks at you and calls you a male, doesnt mean your a typical male. Thats a primitive way of thinking. You can be whatever you want to be in life.

Well, first of all, what does being 'typical' have to do with being male? Secondly, don't pull this pseudo intellectual BS of 'primitive way of thinking'. The primitive way of thinking is that you can just make up reality.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iandizion713

@DerekLoffin: Because what people call a "male" at birth is not backed by empirical science. Its a primitive way of thinking. The human body is way too complex to just cast such basic ideology.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DerekLoffin

@iandizion713 said:

@DerekLoffin: Because what people call a "male" at birth is not backed by empirical science. Its a primitive way of thinking. The human body is way too complex to just cast such basic ideology.

No. First of all, you're conflating determination of sex with actual sex. Second, the complexity of the human body changes nothing in the discussion of sex since it all comes down to the reproductive cycle. If you want to compete with the flat earthers to see how much reality you want to deny beyond that, be my guest, but you're right up there with them.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iandizion713

@DerekLoffin: Untrue, some humans are unable to reproduce. Again, there is no empirical science to back you are one or the other at birth. The human body is too complex for such primitive thinking.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nepu7supastar7

@iandizion713:

I get your point but are you by chance...y'know....? I'm not trying to be a douche, just an honest to god question.

Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

User Lists: 5

#17 Balrogbane
Member since 2014 • 1051 Posts

@iandizion713:

@iandizion713 said:

The scientific concepts of male and female are not an ideology. They are basic biological facts. A baby’s genetic sex is determined at the time of conception . When the baby is conceived, a chromosome from the sperm cell, either X or Y, fuses with the X chromosome in the egg cell, determining whether the baby will be genetically female (XX) or male (XY). External sexual organs begin developing two months after conception. Ask any doctor on the face of the Earth and they'll tell you.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iandizion713

@killered3 said:

@iandizion713:

I get your point but are you by chance...y'know....? I'm not trying to be a douche, just an honest to god question.

I am not.

@balrogbane said:

@iandizion713:

@iandizion713 said:

The scientific concepts of male and female are not an ideology. They are basic biological facts. A baby’s genetic sex is determined at the time of conception . When the baby is conceived, a chromosome from the sperm cell, either X or Y, fuses with the X chromosome in the egg cell, determining whether the baby will be genetically female (XX) or male (XY). External sexual organs begin developing two months after conception. Ask any doctor on the face of the Earth and they'll tell you.

How do you explain intersex? "Exceptions to these generalisations happen in the cases of XX males or XY females, or other syndromes."

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nepu7supastar7

@balrogbane:

That's what I've been taught to believe too. It's just hard for me to find sense in believing people being "born in the wrong body."

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

If I were a girl I would be a lesbian, is what I tell myself. This could be a parody to Beyoncé's 'If I Were a Boy'.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iandizion713

@killered3 said:

@balrogbane:

That's what I've been taught to believe too. It's just hard for me to find sense in believing people being "born in the wrong body."

Its not a "wrong way". Its people are born different. You can have a XX female or a XX male. You can have a XY male or a XY female.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FireEmblem_Man

@Serraph105: That guy is a huge clown!

Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Balrogbane

@iandizion713: Intersex is a rare sexual deformity. There are several ways in which this may occur.

It can be caused by the division of one ovum, followed by fertilization of each haploid ovum and fusion of the two zygotes early in development.

An ovum can be fertilized by two sperm followed by trisomic rescue in one or more daughter cells.

Two ova fertilized by two sperm will occasionally fuse to form a tetragametic chimera. If one male zygote and one female zygote fuse, a hermaphroditic individual may result.

Intersex is not a gender anymore than albinos are a race. It is a rare deformity.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iandizion713

@balrogbane: So what your saying is some XX are male, and some XY are female. So it seems cant determine male female that way.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nepu7supastar7

@iandizion713:

But then that goes to personality, doesn't it? You can't deny what's genetically written in you. Genitalia, ovaries, testicles, eggs....these are vital organs that make us our assorted genders. If we have them then what the hell else does that make us?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By iandizion713

@killered3: Makes you a human who has genitals. A penis doesnt make you a "male". Same as a vagina doesnt make you a "female".

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nepu7supastar7

@iandizion713:

"No such thing as chicks with dicks, just guys with tits."

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 iandizion713

@killered3: Sorry, science disagrees.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FireEmblem_Man

@iandizion713 said:
@killered3 said:

@balrogbane:

Its not a "wrong way". Its people are born different. You can have a XX female or a XX male. You can have a XY male or a XY female.

When babies are born! They don't tell you if they're born with gender-dysphoria! They are identified with what's between their legs. It's a scientific fact! You sound just as bad as those that believe that the earth is flat!

Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Balrogbane

@iandizion713: That's not what I'm saying at all. XX = Female. XY = Male. But on very rare occasions deformities do occur. The deformities happen because of the above listed reasons.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By iandizion713

@FireEmblem_Man: A scientific fact you have genitals? Ok? What does that have to do with anything? Having a penis doesnt make you "male" nor does having a vagina make you "female". This is a primitive way of thinking.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By iandizion713

@balrogbane said:

@iandizion713: That's not what I'm saying at all. XX = Female. XY = Male. But on very rare occasions deformities do occur. The deformities happen because of the above listed reasons.

1 in 20,000 though right? So its correct to say XX= human, XY = human right?

Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Balrogbane

@iandizion713:

@iandizion713 said:

@killered3: Sorry, science disagrees.

What science!? What medical institutes back up what you're saying? What labs? What doctors?

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DerekLoffin

Intersex is not a new sex. To get a new sex, you need to find a new necessary being in the sexual reproductive cycle. Intersex individual do not fix the bill. They either serve as male/female or are incapable of being either. And, even if we were to redefine sex such that intersex was a new sex, it still would not get us to the original video's position that sex is non existent. However, to be fair, his stance I've only seen this guy push, and I think he is just a terrible speaker. Given a chance to clarify I'm going to assume he was either speaking of gender or that he was talking against the sex binary (both themselves bad positions, but at least with a tiny bit of logic behind them that his stated position doesn't have).

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FireEmblem_Man

@iandizion713 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: A scientific fact you have genitals? Ok? What does that have to do with anything? Having a penis doesnt make you "male" nor does having a vagina make you "female". This is a primitive way of thinking.

Scientific fact that a male with XY has a Penis, a female with XX a Vagina! There are deformities like being born with single chromosomes like X, XXX, XXY, Y, and so on which are abnormal. You are not talking about Scientific Fact, you are talking about Gender culture construction.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 iandizion713

@FireEmblem_Man: So XX is human and XY is human? This is scientific fact.

Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Balrogbane

@iandizion713:

@iandizion713 said:
@balrogbane said:

1 in 20,000 though right? So its safe to say XX= human, XY = human.

XX = Human Female. And XY = Human Male. Is that better? And no not 1 in 20,000 are genetically intersex. According to the Institute of Human Genetics there have been only 400 intersex humans documented in medical history.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By iandizion713

@balrogbane: I stated 1 in 20,000 so called "males" would have XX.

So, XX = Human, XY = Humans.

So if i have XX and someone calls me a female, theyre wrong.

Same if i have XY and someone calls me a male, theyre wrong.

They have no clue.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nepu7supastar7

@iandizion713:

If you have a penis then you are either a male or a hermaphrodite. It's that simple, mon!

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DerekLoffin

@balrogbane said:

@iandizion713:

@iandizion713 said:
@balrogbane said:

XX = Human Female. And XY = Human Male. Is that better? And no not 1 in 20,000 are genetically intersex. According to the Institute of Human Genetics there have been only 400 intersex humans documented in medical history.

To be perfectly fair, you're a little behind the science. It is do you have the SRY gene? Yes, then you're male. No, then you're female. SRY gene does overwhelmingly appear on the Y chromosome, but it can actually be found on others. Likewise, a Y chromosome can lack the SRY gene.

Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Balrogbane

@iandizion713 said:

@balrogbane: I stated 1 in 20,000 so called "males" would have XX.

So, XX = Human, XY = Humans.

I'm just going to assume everything I've said here has gone over your head. There's no sense in talking to a brick wall. Have a nice day.

(That or you're a master troll, If that's the case. Well Played.)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58362 Posts

I thought this was settled already; you have sex, and then you have gender.

Sex is the biological, set-in-stone, you-are-what-you-are so you better accept it attribute you are born with. Generally, XY (male) and XX (female), with the odd mutation (XXX, XXY, etc) here and there.

Gender is the social construct and, at this point, you can feel free to choose what you want.

Idunno, maybe being able to choose one's gender is not enough? Maybe they want to go against scientific fact?

Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Balrogbane

@DerekLoffin: The mutations in the SRY gene are again a rare deformity. Not a reason to try and abolish the science behind Chromosomes determining biological sex.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By iandizion713

@DerekLoffin said:
@balrogbane said:

@iandizion713:

@iandizion713 said:
@balrogbane said:

To be perfectly fair, you're a little behind the science. It is do you have the SRY gene? Yes, then you're male. No, then you're female. SRY gene does overwhelmingly appear on the Y chromosome, but it can actually be found on others. Likewise, a Y chromosome can lack the SRY gene.

"For a long time we thought that SRY would activate a cascade of male genes. It turns out that the sex determination pathway is probably more complicated and SRY may in fact inhibit some anti-male genes."

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DerekLoffin

@iandizion713 said:
@DerekLoffin said:
@balrogbane said:

@iandizion713:

@iandizion713 said:
@balrogbane said:

Actually, your a little behind. Thats primitive science too.

"For a long time we thought that SRY would activate a cascade of male genes. It turns out that the sex determination pathway is probably more complicated and SRY may in fact inhibit some anti-male genes."

Fair enough, but that STILL doesn't get you more sexes, or the more extreme no sex at all.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iandizion713

@DerekLoffin: I never said it did. I simply stated calling someone a male or female at birth is a primitive way of thinking.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DerekLoffin

@iandizion713 said:

@DerekLoffin: I never stated it did.

In that particular statement, no, but you've been trying to all thread.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 iandizion713

@DerekLoffin: All ive argued is the human body is far too complex to label as male or female.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

It doesn't exist in anime.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#50 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

If you have a gender studies degree, you have to find a way to justify all that wasted time, money and attention you squandered.