Fox News: "NBC has declared WAR on Christians"

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/02/19/nbc-declares-war-on-christians/?intcmp=obnetwork :lol: QUOTES FROM THE ARTICLE: "Does NBC hate Christians? Thats what I was wondering over the weekend as I watched Saturday Night Live blaspheme Jesus Christ in a violent and bloody Quentin Tarantino parody just three days after Ash Wednesday." "Offending Christians is apparently what passes for entertainment these days. A few days before the SNL episode, NBC Sports blogger Rick Chandler wrote a scathing smear against a prominent Christian church in Dallas." (btw, that church is known for being quite bigoted) "Sing Oldham, a spokesman for the Southern Baptist Convention, told me hes not surprised by NBCs blistering assault on American Christians. Its open season on those who profess personal faith in Jesus Christ and pattern their lives by biblical morality, he said. Evangelical Christians are treated with contempt and targeted for ridicule.' "The network has also produced religion-bashing shows like The New Normal and The Book of Daniel. That particular show as so offensive it led American Family Radio Chairman Donald Wildmon to declare, We are tired of NBCs anti-Christian bigotry. I wish I could tell you that this sort of anti-Christian bigotry is an anomaly. Sadly, it is not." _________________________________ Wow. As if Fox could actually get any dumber. Through that whole report, the thought of Muslims kept popping into my head, because Christians subject Muslims to the same form of bigotry as these Christians claim to be receiving from NBC. Btw, now who is failing?
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#2 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

nbc does hate christians i dont know what news network your in favor of but facts are facts in fact all of them have some sort of hate towards anyone who goes to church 

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#3 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
another Faux News thread?
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
Opinion section...... Fringe ideas are common here.......
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kevlar101
another Faux News thread?Allicrombie
I would have deleted the other one but I can't because people already posted there. Stupid GS limits. Hey, Alli, please lock the OTHER Fox News thread..... NOT THIS ONE........... the OTHER one. Its actually linked at the bottom of my OP.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]another Faux News thread?Kevlar101
I would have deleted the other one but I can't because people already posted there. Stupid GS limits. Hey, Alli, please lock the OTHER Fox News thread..... NOT THIS ONE........... the OTHER one. Its actually linked at the bottom of my OP.

can't I lock em both? For the sake of symmetry?
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kevlar101
[QUOTE="Kevlar101"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"]another Faux News thread?Allicrombie

can't I lock em both? For the sake of symmetry?

Well.... you are a MOD, which is basically like the Police here (lol), so yes, you COULD lock both threads..... but I would prefer it if you didn't.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

Homosexuals are treated with contempt and targeted for ridicule.Kevlar101

Hunh, look at that.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kevlar101

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"]Homosexuals are treated with contempt and targeted for ridicule.br0kenrabbit

Hunh, look at that.

First of all: I hope you are aware that I am making fun of Faux, not agreeing. Secondly, thats not even in the OP, where did you get that?
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 br0kenrabbit

First of all: I hope you are aware that I am making fun of Faux, not agreeing. Secondly, thats not even in the OP, where did you get that?Kevlar101

I was hacking the SBC dudes quote, from your OP:

"Sing Oldham, a spokesman for the Southern Baptist Convention, told me hes not surprised by NBCs blistering assault on American Christians. Its open season on those who profess personal faith in Jesus Christ and pattern their lives by biblical morality, he said. Evangelical Christians are treated with contempt and targeted for ridicule."

Seems only when the shoe is on the other foot, they love to whine and moan about persecution. This is (one reason) why I can't take Christians seriously.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

817bcfd5d39f6f725457ccf77141a47029e062cf.

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rich3232
Member since 2012 • 2628 Posts
was reading that opinion piece in my accounting class and laughed so hard that my teacher came over and asked me what was so funny.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

Opinion section...... Fringe ideas are common here.......Mafiree

Which is a tad ironic since this opinion section is criticizing the opinion section of NBC with the blogger, and linking it to NBC as a whole.  Also, seriously does this guy want to perpetuate the myth that evangelical conservatives can't laugh just a bit more?  I didn't realize SNL was supposed to be clean and wholesome.  

On another note, I'd totally watch Djesus Uncrossed.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
I can't believe are acting like there is a war against Christianity.
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

Eh, who cares.  Just your typical fear mongering.

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts
I like how when they asked why NBC doesn't make fun of other religions the only other alternative they suggested was Islam.
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
I like how when they asked why NBC doesn't make fun of other religions the only other alternative they suggested was Islam.metroidprime55
Because is seems like thats the religion everyone is afraid to make fun of or speak out against
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Of course, the Fox network broadcasts The Simpsons, and like South Park, The Simpsons has made fun of every religion.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

sad.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
Opinion section, really ignorant opinion piece, but still an opinion piece. Although at the same time they're allowing this garbage to be posted on their site.
Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ring_of_fire
Member since 2003 • 15880 Posts
i always laugh when people say there's a war on Christianity/christmas/whatever christian thing
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
lol. As a Christian I will say that my response to this is rolling my eyes. The vast majority of Christians living in America have absolutely no concept of what it actually means to be persecuted. They have this mentality that if they face any difficulty in life then the devil is after them. However, that they are to live lives of ease is not even a biblical concept and they need to be knocked off of their pedestals.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 br0kenrabbit

lol. As a Christian I will say that my response to this is rolling my eyes. The vast majority of Christians living in America have absolutely no concept of what it actually means to be persecuted. They have this mentality that if they face any difficulty in life then the devil is after them. However, that they are to live lives of ease is not even a biblical concept and they need to be knocked off of their pedestals. mindstorm

Not a health&wealth Christian, hunh?

I'd say Christians know pretty well how to persecute, and I'd even say Christianity was at its best when it was persecuted. But the problem we have in the US now isn't the Christianity of Christians, per se, but rather the fact they treat their religion as an immutable and destined part of this countries character.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
Typical conservative philosophy: if we don't like it we declare on or upon us." "War on drugs, war on cancer, war on aids, war on religion". Dumb.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rich3232
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"]Typical conservative philosophy: if we don't like it we declare on or upon us." "War on drugs, war on cancer, war on aids, war on religion". Dumb.

they love wars, that's for sure. i guess it appeals to their more primitive sides
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lo_Pine
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"]Typical conservative philosophy: if we don't like it we declare on or upon us." "War on drugs, war on cancer, war on aids, war on religion". Dumb.

they love wars, that's for sure. i guess it appeals to their more primitive sides

It's a cop out. Saying you're in a war sounds like you are trying to figure out or solve a problem, when really, you don't actually have to solve anything. A war on AIDs or religion isn't a war if there isn't a unified voice to say "we lose, you won."
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts
[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"]Typical conservative philosophy: if we don't like it we declare on or upon us." "War on drugs, war on cancer, war on aids, war on religion". Dumb.

pacifism is just as stupid as outright militarism
Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts
In other news Fox News has declared war on intelligence.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rich3232
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"][QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"]Typical conservative philosophy: if we don't like it we declare on or upon us." "War on drugs, war on cancer, war on aids, war on religion". Dumb.

pacifism is just as stupid as outright militarism

okay. not sure how that's related to my post.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I declare war on fox news

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 br0kenrabbit

wis3boi

Well, I declare fox news on war. So there, now we're all fvcked. :cool:

11Chuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 11Chuck
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"] pacifism is just as stupid as outright militarism

I disagree, I do believe 90% of pacifists are cowards and because of that are ineffective. The minority of them are actually aggressive in their beliefs. A good example of what I am saying would be Ghandi.
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Christians are doomed! The purging of the Christians of America has come, and NBC has sparked the flames of war!

14y00hf.gif

Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rich3232

Christians are doomed! The purging of the Christians of America has come, and NBC has sparked the flames of war!

14y00hf.gif

Lord_Omikron666
lol, that gif will never get old for me.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lo_Pine
[QUOTE="11Chuck"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"] pacifism is just as stupid as outright militarism

I disagree, I do believe 90% of pacifists are cowards and because of that are ineffective. The minority of them are actually aggressive in their beliefs. A good example of what I am saying would be Ghandi.

I didn't say that, btw. But if 90% of pacifists are cowards, then 90% of militaristic men are insecure about the size do their d!cks so they kill other men to prove their manliness.
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

br0kenrabbit

To late, Obama beat you both to it.

"There is no war on terror for the Obama White House, but there is one on Fox News."

Fox News

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 br0kenrabbit

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

DarkGamer007

To late, Obama beat you both to it.

"There is no war on terror for the Obama White House, but there is one on Fox News."

Fox News

That dag dang commie. :evil:

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

[QUOTE="Lord_Omikron666"]

14y00hf.gif

Rich3232

lol, that gif will never get old for me.

We need Ron Paul to save us.

2rmmu6v.jpg

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mindstorm

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]lol. As a Christian I will say that my response to this is rolling my eyes. The vast majority of Christians living in America have absolutely no concept of what it actually means to be persecuted. They have this mentality that if they face any difficulty in life then the devil is after them. However, that they are to live lives of ease is not even a biblical concept and they need to be knocked off of their pedestals. br0kenrabbit

Not a health&wealth Christian, hunh?

I'd say Christians know pretty well how to persecute, and I'd even say Christianity was at its best when it was persecuted. But the problem we have in the US now isn't the Christianity of Christians, per se, but rather the fact they treat their religion as an immutable and destined part of this countries character.

I will agree with this. While I never wish persecution upon anyone and thank God that those who are Christian in America are not persecuted, I will agree that Christianity works at its best for those who are downtrodden, weak, and without hope. Most Christians in the United States have no understanding of these things. As my Sunday school teacher said just today, "If the gospel you preach cannot be said in Somalia then it should not be preached in America."
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 br0kenrabbit

I will agree with this. While I never wish persecution upon anyone and thank God that those who are Christian in America are not persecuted, I will agree that Christianity works at its best for those who are downtrodden, weak, and without hope. Most Christians in the United States have no understanding of these things. As my Sunday school teacher said just today, "If the gospel you preach cannot be said in Somalia then it should not be preached in America."mindstorm

But America is New Jersualem!

:roll:

Yeah that's the problem with religion in America: people feel entitled to it as if they own it. Isn't the whole point of the Bible that you haven't nor could you possibly deserve a thing and yet here is grace?

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mindstorm

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]I will agree with this. While I never wish persecution upon anyone and thank God that those who are Christian in America are not persecuted, I will agree that Christianity works at its best for those who are downtrodden, weak, and without hope. Most Christians in the United States have no understanding of these things. As my Sunday school teacher said just today, "If the gospel you preach cannot be said in Somalia then it should not be preached in America."br0kenrabbit

But America is New Jersualem!

:roll:

Yeah that's the problem with religion in America: people feel entitled to it as if they own it. Isn't the whole point of the Bible that you haven't nor could you possibly deserve a thing and yet here is grace?

Absolutely. I could not say it better myself. One of the reasons I desire to become a pastor is so that I might be able to call the church itself to repent. So often there is a mentality that Jesus is easy to love but the church is not. It's my desire to help the church be who it is supposed to be: an imperfect people who give their lives to Jesus by way of sacrificing all that they have to love their neighbors.
11Chuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 11Chuck
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="11Chuck"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"] pacifism is just as stupid as outright militarism

I didn't say that, btw. But if 90% of pacifists are cowards, then 90% of militaristic men are insecure about the size do their d!cks so they kill other men to prove their manliness.

I wasn't trying to be critical of you when I said that so I am sorry if i upset you. My whole thing I said on pacifism was meant to show the utmost respect to the small minority of pacifists who are very effective in their beliefs. As for the 90% I believe react passively when reacting to aggression simply because they do not know how to use their beliefs as a, for a lack of a better term, "weapon" Edit: I'm not really connecting the dots on the military though, please enlighten me
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts
Christianity is a war against reality.
Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
Fox news, always on point...
Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
i watched a documentary of SNL and NBC tells them exactly what to do on SNL. this is only the beginning, the world don't want Christianity
Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

Nothing says unbiased like  bashing from a competitor!

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lo_Pine

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"][QUOTE="11Chuck"] I disagree, I do believe 90% of pacifists are cowards and because of that are ineffective. The minority of them are actually aggressive in their beliefs. A good example of what I am saying would be Ghandi.11Chuck

I wasn't trying to be critical of you when I said that so I am sorry if i upset you. My whole thing I said on pacifism was meant to show the utmost respect to the small minority of pacifists who are very effective in their beliefs. As for the 90% I believe react passively when reacting to aggression simply because they do not know how to use their beliefs as a, for a lack of a better term, "weapon" Edit: I'm not really connecting the dots on the military though, please enlighten me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnK8_KJcmWg

skip to 2:08. Good enlightenment there. May be what your looking for.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I like Fox News but even I have to lol at this. They're using poor examples.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#50 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Not particularly smart to mock or say bad things about a religious group that could potentionally give you a LOT of raitings. But meh, don't really care as I don't want fox or cnn.. they never report accurately and will only report what they think people want to hear to get more ratings than the other. It's not news, it's all a farse.