Five year old girl may face murder charges for drowning toddler

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

Get the exorcist in there right now.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Clearly she didn't care about that when she dragged her sibling to the bathtub and held him/her underwater.

I don't really think you're omnipotent enough to know what went through her mind. As a 5-year old, it's tough to imagine she knew the consequences or legal ramifications of such an action. In fact she probably didn't think it could kill him, because it usually wouldn't unless you literally inhale the water. If you keep thinking in black and white like that, you're in for a rough surprise when you get out of your mom's basement.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

I don't really think you're omnipotent enough to know what went through her mind.... In fact she probably didn't think it could kill him, because it usually wouldn't unless you literally inhale the water. Saturos3091

Howcome you get to be omnipotent, but i dont?

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Because people say things at times that they might not mean? People say things in the heat of the moment, it's killing someone in the heat of the moment that isn't allowed :|

Nibroc420

So, it's ok for a 5 year old to not understand a word, but she has to understand the term or consequences of deprivation of life?

Not understand a word? wow. When 2 people are mad at each other (for whatever reason) they may say things they do not mean. However, it is when one of these persons attacks/murders another, that they have taken it too far. If your 5 year old niece got mad at her mom and killed her so she would "never see her anymore" she should be convicted of murder. If the 5 year old in this news article told her bro/sis that she "never wanted to see him anymore" nothing would have gone wrong.

And it would be the same case, she don't understand the consequences of deprivation of life, therefore she cannot be accused for murder.

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

A spoiled brat? Probably. But jail? Jeezus...

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

So, it's ok for a 5 year old to not understand a word, but she has to understand the term or consequences of deprivation of life?

madsnakehhh

Not understand a word? wow. When 2 people are mad at each other (for whatever reason) they may say things they do not mean. However, it is when one of these persons attacks/murders another, that they have taken it too far. If your 5 year old niece got mad at her mom and killed her so she would "never see her anymore" she should be convicted of murder. If the 5 year old in this news article told her bro/sis that she "never wanted to see him anymore" nothing would have gone wrong.

And it would be the same case, she don't understand the consequences of deprivation of life, therefore she cannot be accused for murder.

the intent was to stop the toddler from crying, via death. I dont know where people go after they die, i thought death would mean your soul would go to a field of flowers and eternal sunshine, where all your dreams would come true. Clearly i can kill someone because i too do not understand death.(PS. You dont fully understand death either)
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts
[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Not understand a word? wow. When 2 people are mad at each other (for whatever reason) they may say things they do not mean. However, it is when one of these persons attacks/murders another, that they have taken it too far. If your 5 year old niece got mad at her mom and killed her so she would "never see her anymore" she should be convicted of murder. If the 5 year old in this news article told her bro/sis that she "never wanted to see him anymore" nothing would have gone wrong.Nibroc420

the intent was to stop the toddler from crying, via death. I dont know where people go after they die, i thought death would mean your soul would go to a field of flowers and eternal sunshine, where all your dreams would come true. Clearly i can kill someone because i too do not understand death.(PS. You dont fully understand death either)

Ah now that would be your assumption that the 5 year old knew it would be a death....any evidence to support your theory that she understood that?
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

LJS9502_basic

Ah now that would be your assumption that the 5 year old knew it would be a death....any evidence to support your theory that she understood that?

Ignorance on the part of the 5 year old, doesn't remove from the fact that she did what she did, on purpose. And what she did ended the life of another. That is murder, she should be convicted.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 madsnakehhh

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Not understand a word? wow. When 2 people are mad at each other (for whatever reason) they may say things they do not mean. However, it is when one of these persons attacks/murders another, that they have taken it too far. If your 5 year old niece got mad at her mom and killed her so she would "never see her anymore" she should be convicted of murder. If the 5 year old in this news article told her bro/sis that she "never wanted to see him anymore" nothing would have gone wrong.Nibroc420

I never mentioned the afterlife, i said she don't understand the concept of "take away someones life" due to her age, how can you say she tried to stop the crying via death, instead of, she tried to stop the crying via "i bet if he is underwater i won't hear it anymore"

Anyway, what do you think it should be done in this case?

omnidemonspawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 omnidemonspawn
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Wow, just wow...
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Nibroc420

Anyway, what do you think it should be done in this case?

madsnakehhh

She's a murderer, what happens to murderers?

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Nibroc420
He deserves to be put in jail. If he's already murdering people at that age, imagine what monstrous actions he would do when he's older.Mr_Cumberdale
Agreed. the girl clearly has no respect for human life. She's a danger to herself and others. Death row. 8)
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] the intent was to stop the toddler from crying, via death. I dont know where people go after they die, i thought death would mean your soul would go to a field of flowers and eternal sunshine, where all your dreams would come true. Clearly i can kill someone because i too do not understand death.(PS. You dont fully understand death either)Nibroc420

Ignorance on the part of the 5 year old, doesn't remove from the fact that she did what she did, on purpose. And what she did ended the life of another. That is murder, she should be convicted.

So you have no evidence to prove that said 5 year old did, in fact, intend death. Okay then. Guess that means you shouldn't be convicting her.;)
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Nibroc420
[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Ah now that would be your assumption that the 5 year old knew it would be a death....any evidence to support your theory that she understood that?LJS9502_basic

So you have no evidence to prove that said 5 year old did, in fact, intend death. Okay then. Guess that means you shouldn't be convicting her.;)

So manslaughter then?
Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#66 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
If she is murdering people at 5, imagine what she will do when she's older! Put her in jail.
kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]Realization that some children are born evil! Children of the Corn in the 80's tried to warn us but we just did not listen. In all seriousness, I read on some of the comments that the 16 year old baby sitter, left by the parents, had developmental disabilities? Well isn't this a funky situation. Do you charge the 5 year old demon girl, the 16 year old with developmental disabilities, or the parents who put the latter there? I say all of them but I lean towards both the parents and to a lesser degree the 16 year old.JediXMan7

In order of blame:

Parents > Babysitter > 5 year old.

exactly. me thinks this kid wasnt taught anything at all in the 5 years the kid has been alive. i mean seriously at 5 i think i understood a simple concept of dont kill. then again perhaps its cause i went church and was taught thou shalt not kill and had some basic understanding of what evil is. furthermore this kid should know babies cry and should be used to it so makes me wonder how babies crying was handled. but the kid is 5 if you are killer at that age clearly your parents have failed you. im not sure the kid deserves jail time cause he/she is so young and clearly not fully developed and at that age knows no more than what the parents have taught him/her. i agree blame the parents first. the sitter fell asleep(it does happen) maybe give the sitter some blame. and as for the kid. therapy and do it now before this child is a serial killer and spends the rest of her life in jail. i cant say put the kid in jail as i really do think this is the parents fault i mean what happened when the kid cried before? why did this kid not know to get the baby sitter? does this child normally just have this kind of bad behavior?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Ignorance on the part of the 5 year old, doesn't remove from the fact that she did what she did, on purpose. And what she did ended the life of another. That is murder, she should be convicted.

Nibroc420

So manslaughter then?

If you can prove she knew the consequences of her actions....

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]So you have no evidence to prove that said 5 year old did, in fact, intend death. Okay then. Guess that means you shouldn't be convicting her.;)LJS9502_basic

So manslaughter then?

:| You dont need to know the consequences of your actions to be held accountable for them.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 madsnakehhh

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]Anyway, what do you think it should be done in this case?

Nibroc420

A murder? yeah now, that's it...

sein

This is pointless and kind of insulting.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"]

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]Anyway, what do you think it should be done in this case?

madsnakehhh

A murder? yeah now, that's it...

sein

This is pointless and kind of insulting.

Insulting? It wasn't even targeted at you, it was targeted at the 5 year old who drowned her sibling because she was frustrated with his/her crying.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Not sure who to blame. The parents for not knowing their child. Or the child, she being old enough to know that he'd die. 80% weighs on the parents imo.
Avatar image for XiaolinPrincess
XiaolinPrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 XiaolinPrincess
Member since 2006 • 7907 Posts
Did the child know what was going to happen if she held the toddler underwater for too long?
J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#74 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

OK really, something is not right about putting a 5 year old in prison for life.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] So manslaughter then?Nibroc420

:| You dont need to know the consequences of your actions to be held accountable for them.

Yeah the courts require an individual have the capacity to comprehend that said actions will result in death. That is why most children are not charged as adults or charged at all. Same with those with disabilities. And in fact, charges are not brought on those deemed incompetent to help with their own defense.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#76 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

OK really, something is not right about putting a 5 year old in prison for life.

J-man45
I don't think that would happen. The real problem would be having something like this on a personal record.
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] If you can prove she knew the consequences of her actions....

LJS9502_basic

Yeah the courts require an individual have the capacity to comprehend that said actions will result in death. That is why most children are not charged as adults or charged at all. Same with those with disabilities. And in fact, charges are not brought on those deemed incompetent to help with their own defense.

Sounds like a broken system when murders can claim ignorance.

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#79 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] :| You dont need to know the consequences of your actions to be held accountable for them.Nibroc420

Sounds like a broken system when murders can claim ignorance.

You can't claim ignorance if you are past the "age of accountability."

IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

When she took a life she gave away hers. End her NOW

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#81 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
Maybe I watch too much TV. But I think that children that perform actions like this are evil to the core. I'm not saying its a no hope case. But I think that someones personality in later life is highly similar to that when they are defined in law to not be responsible for their own actions.Overlord93
Yeah, basically this. The 5 year old's intention was to hurt the toddler anyways so does it matter? That 5 year old needs to be put in a mental institute. No offense, but I just think any kid who does that needs a somewhat arranged punishment, you have to be messed up to kill someone like that. Especially a kid.
ImBananas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ImBananas
Member since 2009 • 1793 Posts
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] So you're saying this girl drowned a toddler, and felt nothing? And that makes her exempt from the law? :| So.. Killers who feel nothing, should pay no price?Nibroc420

this is manslaughter, not murder.

It was intentional. That's murder.

But the death was not intentional, she just wanted him to be quiet, she didn't know the consequences, it was wrong and punishment is in order, but killing her for her mistake would be manslaughter on another's part.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
Why is people using the world toddler !!!? just use baby! agh
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#84 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] It shouldn't. She commited a crime, she murdered someone. Doing nothing would only teach her that she's not responsible for her actions.

Nibroc420

And losing a sibling is not a consequence? She has to live with that every day for the rest of her life.

Clearly she didn't care about that when she dragged her sibling to the bathtub and held him/her underwater.

Yeah, a 5 YEAR OLD TODDLER who probably still in PRESCHOOL has clearly been given the lecture about life and death and has thoroughly been taught about the consequences of killing someone....:roll:

Alright, let's say that technically, it is murder. You really think a 5 year old girl should recieve charges as if she's an adult?....:|

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] And losing a sibling is not a consequence? She has to live with that every day for the rest of her life.tocool340

Clearly she didn't care about that when she dragged her sibling to the bathtub and held him/her underwater.

Yeah, a 5 YEAR OLD TODDLER who probably still in PRESCHOOL has clearly been given the lecture about life and death and has thoroughly been taught about the consequences of killing someone....:roll:

Alright, let's say that technically, it is murder. You really think a 5 year old girl should recieve charges as if she's an adult?....:|

Murderers kill people. Do you want a murderer walking around the streets, knowing she wont be convicted due to her age? I dont.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 tocool340
[QUOTE="tocool340"]

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Clearly she didn't care about that when she dragged her sibling to the bathtub and held him/her underwater.Nibroc420

Murderers kill people. Do you want a murderer walking around the streets, knowing she wont be convicted due to her age? I dont.

Its one thing to consciously know the consequences of killing someone like a teenager or adult would, but a 5 year old usually don't know any better. Most likely, she seen the crap on T.V., thought it would be ok to drown her sibling if it would shut them up, but didn't realize what she done...
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Nibroc420

[QUOTE="Nibroc420"][QUOTE="tocool340"] Yeah, a 5 YEAR OLD TODDLER who probably still in PRESCHOOL has clearly been given the lecture about life and death and has thoroughly been taught about the consequences of killing someone....:roll:

tocool340

Its one thing to consciously know the consequences of killing someone like a teenager or adult would, but a 5 year old usually don't know any better. Most likely, she seen the crap on T.V., thought it would be ok to drown her sibling if it would shut them up, but didn't realize what she done...

You're speculating. Im simply saying she killed someone, and deserves the consequences that everyone else would receive. Her age, or possible ignorance should have no weight in such a matter.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tocool340

[QUOTE="tocool340"][QUOTE="Nibroc420"] Murderers kill people. Do you want a murderer walking around the streets, knowing she wont be convicted due to her age? I dont.Nibroc420

You're speculating. Im simply saying she killed someone, and deserves the consequences that everyone else would receive. Her age, or possible ignorance should have no weight in such a matter.

Now you sound like one of those truly nutty religious people that goes around telling people that if they don't accept Jesus as their savior, they will go to hell regardless if they are ignorant to his existence... I think I'm done. I'm not sure if you serious or not...
Welis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#90 Welis
Member since 2004 • 1431 Posts
So what is next? The toodlers are taking revenge on 5 year old girls?
Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

To the gallows!

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts
Yup that's how it starts. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the last time we hear of her killing someone in the future. Evil people do exist whether they're kids or adults.
ROFLCOPTER603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93 ROFLCOPTER603
Member since 2010 • 2140 Posts

Story.

According to the story, the girl was irritated when the toddler wouldn't stop crying, so she held him under water until he stopped.

Wonder what the final outcome of this will be.

ad1x2

Even at five, you haveto be a sick **** to do that.

Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts
5 year olds are not deemed criminally responsible by practically any legal system in the world. End of story.
Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts

The pure idiocy of some people on OT never fails to amaze me no matter how familiar I become with the site.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
I cant believe this is happening in my state. How could anyone possibly argue that the girl is at fault? Sure, she needs ongoing counseling to keep an eye on her, but a 5 year literally doesnt have the mental faculty to understand such a consequence. I hope the community backlash from this stops it in its tracks.
IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

Yup that's how it starts. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the last time we hear of her killing someone in the future. Evil people do exist whether they're kids or adults. Rockman999

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

J-man45
Yeah but there's also something wrong with letting someone who intentionally caused the death of another to go on without punishment. I don't know whats the right punishment in this case. Maybe they should completely wipe her mind and give her to some other family where they can start from scratch because I have a feeling that she's going become a serial killer when she is an adult.
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

Manslaughter, not murder.

The kid has gotta have a few screws loose to drop a baby in a bath though; that or be incredibly thick.

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

It is murder, but honestly, I have no idea where I stand. It's a 5 year old kid which makes it tough. The only blame that's on the parents is leaving them with a mentally handicapped person. A 5 year old should know that people can't breathe under water and therefore that you shouldn't hold somebody under water, if they do convict her, I feel sorry for the people on the jury because that would be extremely tough.