Feminist professor attacks pro life student

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#101 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@hailtothequeen said:

@lostrib said:

@hailtothequeen said:

@sherman-tank1 said:

@hailtothequeen: Then you are just as bad as them if you think that way. And there are plenty of rational arguments to be made for both sides. Maybe you should take a class on hypocrisy.

Hypocritical? Really? You don't see me standing outside churches harassing people as they go in... LOL Most of the nonsense you hear from pro-lifers is hardly rational, its usually religious garbage or attempts to lay guilt-trips on everyone.

I'm not promoting violence but I wouldn't feel the slightest bit of pity for these people when someone punches them. If people want to be belligerent idiots and harass others, then don't expect any sympathy from me.

But there are no accounts of the pro-life teens being belligerent or harassing others. they just had a sign and were passing out literature. It was the professor who acted inappropriately and violently

A sign with photos of dead fetuses.... lol That is hardly an innocent sign. If you do something that you know can provoke a reaction then don't be surprised if it happens. Its a cheap tactic and pretty pathetic. Its what most extremist groups use because they generally have no rational arguments.

So if you see a sign with photos of dead fetuses what would you do?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

@dominer said:

Lol modern feminism, why can't it just fck off already?

Perhaps because men still make up the majority of wealth in the nation, the majority of political power and pretty much hold the highest positions in the military.. The mere fact that women are barred from certain jobs in the military based on their sex alone really should illustrate this. Hell the whole scandal a few years back in which military heads were caught in intimidating and ignoring accusations and reports by women serving that they were sexually assaulted or raped while serving should illustrate why we still need a said movement..

not an excuse for modern feminism to which he was referring, modern feminism the militant professional victim hood feminists.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@hailtothequeen said:

@lostrib said:

@hailtothequeen said:

@sherman-tank1 said:

@hailtothequeen: Then you are just as bad as them if you think that way. And there are plenty of rational arguments to be made for both sides. Maybe you should take a class on hypocrisy.

Hypocritical? Really? You don't see me standing outside churches harassing people as they go in... LOL Most of the nonsense you hear from pro-lifers is hardly rational, its usually religious garbage or attempts to lay guilt-trips on everyone.

I'm not promoting violence but I wouldn't feel the slightest bit of pity for these people when someone punches them. If people want to be belligerent idiots and harass others, then don't expect any sympathy from me.

But there are no accounts of the pro-life teens being belligerent or harassing others. they just had a sign and were passing out literature. It was the professor who acted inappropriately and violently

A sign with photos of dead fetuses.... lol That is hardly an innocent sign. If you do something that you know can provoke a reaction then don't be surprised if it happens. Its a cheap tactic and pretty pathetic. Its what most extremist groups use because they generally have no rational arguments.

So does this mean I'm justified in punching a feminist in the freespeech areas at a college when they hold up signs of a cartoon depiction of hanging a man and castrating him? Under your scenario as long as the image is controversial I'm justified in doing this.

Lets just ignore freespeech which you are doing, until your free speech in trampled upon then you will cry to the government protect my freespeech.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@thegerg said:

@hailtothequeen: Would you feel pity for a woman who was punched for walking into an abortion clinic? After all, she's doing something that she knows can provoke a reaction.

there's a difference between intentionally provoking a reaction and doing something that may indirectly get a reaction.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#106  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts
@hailtothequeen said:

Yeah but who hasn't had the urge to punch one of those people in the face? Especially the ones who protest outside clinics and harass people going inside, calling them every name imaginable. I remember the story from a few years ago of the couple that was going to a clinic after a miscarriage and the idiots were chanting some stupidity about "dead babies" and the police had to restrain the husband. Who can blame him?

These extremists just try to bully everyone and use emotional guilt tactics because its the only thing they can do. Their hypocritical arguments don't hold any weight with most rational people. So anyway, I don't feel sorry for them when someone gets mad and reacts. I wouldn't feel sorry for them even if a speeding bus lost control and ran over a few dozen of them. *shrugs*

Everyone has the right to protest in most developed nations. There is nothing "extremist" about peaceful protest. On the other hand, advocating the use of violence against peaceful protesters is a form of "extremism", which would make you an "extremist".

HailtotheQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#107 HailtotheQueen
Member since 2014 • 290 Posts

@Master_Live said:

So if you see a sign with photos of dead fetuses what would you do?

Personally? Well, I would mock the person until they cry or if I am with a friend, I would look at the sign and say something like "Hey, that reminds me, I'm hungry. Lets go get something to eat." just to see the expression on the idiot's face. ;O) Not everyone is going to react the same. The story said that the person in question was pregnant at the time so that could have been the reason behind why she reacted the way she did.

@thegerg said:

@hailtothequeen: Would you feel pity for a woman who was punched for walking into an abortion clinic? After all, she's doing something that she knows can provoke a reaction.

No because she isn't there to provoke people, she is there to go the clinic itself. Has nothing to do with the protesters. You do understand things like INTENT right? LOL

@WilliamRLBaker said:

So does this mean I'm justified in punching a feminist in the freespeech areas at a college when they hold up signs of a cartoon depiction of hanging a man and castrating him? Under your scenario as long as the image is controversial I'm justified in doing this.

Lets just ignore freespeech which you are doing, until your free speech in trampled upon then you will cry to the government protect my freespeech.

I'll tell you what, you let me know when feminists actually DO something like that in reality rather than just inside the minds of deluded MRA imbeciles and then we'll talk. ;O) And again, nowhere in my post am I actually PROMOTING or CONDONING violence. I'm just saying I don't feel sorry for these people.

@toast_burner said:

@thegerg said:

there's a difference between intentionally provoking a reaction and doing something that may indirectly get a reaction.

Those types of signs are created to intentionally provoke an emotional reaction. The person just wasn't expecting it to be quite what they received. LOL

@Jag85 said:
@hailtothequeen said:

Yeah but who hasn't had the urge to punch one of those people in the face? Especially the ones who protest outside clinics and harass people going inside, calling them every name imaginable. I remember the story from a few years ago of the couple that was going to a clinic after a miscarriage and the idiots were chanting some stupidity about "dead babies" and the police had to restrain the husband. Who can blame him?

These extremists just try to bully everyone and use emotional guilt tactics because its the only thing they can do. Their hypocritical arguments don't hold any weight with most rational people. So anyway, I don't feel sorry for them when someone gets mad and reacts. I wouldn't feel sorry for them even if a speeding bus lost control and ran over a few dozen of them. *shrugs*

Everyone has the right to protest in most developed nations. There is nothing "extremist" about peaceful protest. On the other hand, advocating the use of violence against peaceful protesters is a form of "extremism", which would make you an "extremist".

Someone needs to work on his reading comprehension. When exactly did I actually advocate violence? Saying I don't feel sorry for them and saying we should go beat the crap out of them are two entirely different statements. And no, its extremist when you have no real valid arguments to support your cause so you have to resort to cheap tactics like harassing people, emotional appeals, trying to create laws (like in Texas) that essentially make a defacto ban on rights that were settled by the supreme courts, etc... And then we have the even more extreme side of the movement that creates "hit" websites that list abortion provider names, bombing clinics, etc..

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#108 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

College professors that think too much of themselves shouldn't be given jobs.

HailtotheQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 HailtotheQueen

@thegerg said:

@hailtothequeen: Of course I understand intent, but your post said nothing about intent. You simply revealed that you have no pity for someone who does something that could provoke a reaction. A woman entering an abortion clinic could very easily provoke a reaction.

Well, no one should HAVE to point out the difference between INTENT in those situations. If you need it pointed out then I don't know what to say. lol People really need to stop and think about things before they type.

HailtotheQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By HailtotheQueen

@thegerg said:

@hailtothequeen: No one does need to point out the difference in intent. Of course the intent is different, but your post had nothing to do with intent. Your post simply pointed out that you have no pity for people doing things that might provoke a reaction.

Arguing about the exactly phrasing I used in a single post is pretty dishonest, especially when I made it perfectly clear what kind of situations I was talking about in my original post and other posts since then.. I even clarified it for you and you still jump on the one post that wasn't entirely clear.

But lets go back to my OP:

"These extremists just try to bully everyone and use emotional guilt tactics because its the only thing they can do. Their hypocritical arguments don't hold any weight with most rational people. So anyway, I don't feel sorry for them when someone gets mad and reacts. I wouldn't feel sorry for them even if a speeding bus lost control and ran over a few dozen of them. *shrugs*"

Gee, now what could I have possibly meant by "provoking an emotion response" in that post? Hint: Read the first sentence.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@hailtothequeen said:

@lostrib said:

She's just begging to get pimp-slapped right across her ugly face, amirite?

HailtotheQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 HailtotheQueen

@plageus900 said:

@hailtothequeen said:

@lostrib said:

She's just begging to get pimp-slapped right across her ugly face, amirite?

Could I have some context for this photo? LOL What exactly is this protest (i'm assuming) about and where are they?

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 plageus900

@hailtothequeen: It was taken outside of the lecture theatre at the University of Toronto. A professor was giving a lecture titled 'What's wrong with Women's studies?'.

HailtotheQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By HailtotheQueen

@plageus900 said:

@hailtothequeen: It was taken outside of the lecture theatre at the University of Toronto. A professor was giving a lecture titled 'What's wrong with Women's studies?'.

Then yes, that is just meant to target a group that was at the building for a specific reason and provoke an emotional response. Its always a cheap tactic, regardless of who is doing it. The sign itself made me laugh because it is the type of thing I would say after I had just finished beating someone horribly on a game but that is a different situation. lol

But to get back to your last post, I already said I don't advocate violence, period. I just said I don't feel sorry for people sometimes. Oh and saying someone is ugly is completely irrelevant to whatever statement they are making. There are a lot of truly UGLY pro-life people but I don't go around pointing it out.

EDIT: Before I get off here for now, let me say one last thing to clarify. I'm not saying that its bad to protest things but there is a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it. More often than not people seem to choose the wrong way.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 plageus900

@hailtothequeen said:

@plageus900 said:

Then yes, that is just meant to target a group that was at the building for a specific reason and provoke an emotional response. Its always a cheap tactic, regardless of who is doing it. The sign itself made me laugh because it is the type of thing I would say after I had just finished beating someone horribly on a game but that is a different situation. lol

But to get back to your last post, I already said I don't advocate violence, period. I just said I don't feel sorry for people sometimes. Oh and saying someone is ugly is completely irrelevant to whatever statement they are making. There are a lot of truly UGLY pro-life people but I don't go around pointing it out.

I personally think she's a retard but if someone attacked her over the sign she's holding, I would take her side and help her defend herself.

I only threw 'ugly' in that statement to spice it up a bit. I honestly can't tell what she looks like under her clown costume.

HailtotheQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By HailtotheQueen

@plageus900 said:

@hailtothequeen said:

@plageus900 said:

I personally think she's a retard but if someone attacked her over the sign she's holding, I would take her side and help her defend herself.

I only threw 'ugly' in that statement to spice it up a bit. I honestly can't tell what she looks like under her clown costume.

What people have to realize is that when you purposely set out create something controversial that will provoke an emotional reaction, you can never really know what type of reaction you will get from people. People handle things differently and there are a lot of factors you have to think about. You could be catching someone who is stressed out or someone in a situation like the couple who had a miscarriage and were being harassed at the abortion clinic. This is why you shouldn't harass people with things like that. If you want to protest then have enough sense to know where to draw the line. Okay, i'll give you an example before I get off the pc for tonight.

If you're an atheist and you want to protest some awful new nationwide law that conservative christians passed, there are a lot of different ways you could do this. Here are two of them:

* You could start up a large protest somewhere in D.C. and try to get national media coverage to create more awareness about the issue.

* You could stand outside a church burning bibles.

Can you guess which one of these is the WRONG choice? lol

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 plageus900

@hailtothequeen:

I agree that people could use a little more tact when it comes to protesting. Not because of how they think people will emotionally react to how they're presenting their message, but in how effective they are in conveying said message.

Freedom of Speech should not be at the discretion or convenience of others.

I am pro-choice, but I wholeheartedly believe those girls put those pictures on their poster board to drive a point home, not to create public dissent.