Father On Trial For Torturing The Man Who Sexted His Underage Daughter

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

gizmodo

William Atwood Sr. is facing trial for assaulting 24-year-old Justin Moore. Atwood threatened the young man with a shotgun, forced him to undress, tied him up, and used a stun gun on him. All because of some naughty text messages.

Apparently Moore had sent some pictures of his genitals to Atwood's 17-year-old daughter and as soon as Atwood found out, he lured the man into his home:

Authorities have said Atwood, armed with a shotgun and a handgun, ordered Moore to strip to his boxers, bound him with zip ties, shocked him on the neck with a stun gun and threatened to bury him on the Pechanga Indian Reservation.

After about an hour, authorities say, Atwood turned Moore over to Riverside County sheriff's deputies. He told them Moore had trespassed on his property and he feared for his family's safety.

[...]

[D]eputies arrived at the Avenida Armada home to find [Moore] still tied up and cowering on the ground in his boxers. Moore refused to speak until deputies had accepted the citizen's arrest from Atwood and taken him back to the station.

"I was too afraid," Moore said. "I didn't know if they were real police."

Moore said the deputies had laughed at the sight of him outside Atwood's home.

Well, if that whole drama isn't a reminder to practice safer sexting, I don't know what is. [PE]

Do you believe ot, what the father did to 24 year old was justified?

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

Not in any circumstances was that right. although if it was consentual sexting then certainly not :o

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
Given the daughter's age I'd say it wasn't justified at all. If she was 12 then maybe I'd understand a bit more, but the daughter's an adult.
xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
The guys a complete psycho. He is completely in the wrong.
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
Given the daughter's age I'd say it wasn't justified at all. If she was 12 then maybe I'd understand a bit more, but the daughter's an adult.tofu-lion91
She is not an adult........
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Given the daughter's age I'd say it wasn't justified at all. If she was 12 then maybe I'd understand a bit more, but the daughter's an adult.tofu-lion91
didn't read OP carefully...17 lolwut. ok boys, lock im up...this fellas one dodgem short of a carnival
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tofu-lion91
[QUOTE="Mafiree"] She is not an adult........

To Americans maybe not, but in the UK she could've had sex with the 24 year old at 16. She knows what she's doing at 17, she's not a child.
MurasakiYugata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MurasakiYugata
Member since 2010 • 1713 Posts

Atwood should be thrown in jail. What a psycho. Poor kid....

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mafiree
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"][QUOTE="Mafiree"] She is not an adult........

To Americans maybe not, but in the UK she could've had sex with the 24 year old at 16. She knows what she's doing at 17, she's not a child.

Well it happened in California, so lets use the law where the event occurred........
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tofu-lion91
[QUOTE="Mafiree"] Well it happened in California, so lets use the law where the event occurred........

You don't get what I'm saying, she's not 12 so she knows what she's doing. Doesn't matter if the law says she can't have sex (which at 17 is ridiculous btw, they mollycoddle teens over there) she will have an understanding of what she's doing. So it's just consensual sexting between two teens/adults. The dad acted completely out of line.
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mafiree
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"][QUOTE="Mafiree"] Well it happened in California, so lets use the law where the event occurred........

You don't get what I'm saying, she's not 12 so she knows what she's doing. Doesn't matter if the law says she can't have sex (which at 17 is ridiculous btw, they mollycoddle teens over there) she will have an understanding of what she's doing. So it's just consensual sexting between two teens/adults. The dad acted completely out of line.

I get what you are saying. The problem is what you said was false.
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tofu-lion91
[QUOTE="Mafiree"] I get what you are saying. The problem is what you said was false.

I didn't say she was an adult in the eyes of the law, I said she was an adult, in the sense of being aware of what she was doing.
shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

Daughther is 17, she knew what she was doing. Her father was out of line. His behavior is borderline psychotic.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#14 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Haha, give me that girls number :P.

Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks that this was just a little bit ok? I mean, yeah the father did end up torturing someone and he should be justly punished by the law, but he was trying to protect his daughter. That's got to count for something.
Avatar image for deactivated-587633796662c
deactivated-587633796662c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 deactivated-587633796662c
Member since 2009 • 6979 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks that this was just a little bit ok?Acemaster27
Yes.
NoobletteToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NoobletteToast
Member since 2010 • 404 Posts

Nah, she's 17. As far as I care, that's old enough to handle some naughty texts. That father took it waaaaay too far.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
[QUOTE="Acemaster27"]Am I the only one who thinks that this was just a little bit ok? I mean, yeah the father did end up torturing someone and he should be justly punished by the law, but he was trying to protect his daughter. That's got to count for something.

He should have just reported him to the police.
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="Acemaster27"]Am I the only one who thinks that this was just a little bit ok? I mean, yeah the father did end up torturing someone and he should be justly punished by the law, but he was trying to protect his daughter. That's got to count for something.

This.
Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="Acemaster27"]Am I the only one who thinks that this was just a little bit ok? I mean, yeah the father did end up torturing someone and he should be justly punished by the law, but he was trying to protect his daughter. That's got to count for something.

Probably. But in the father's defense the dude sexting his daughter was 24. That is a lot older.
EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
a 24 year old sending explicit messages to a 17 year old is disgusting in my opinion, but the father's reaction was worse. I could understand a stern talking to and threats of reporting him to police, but torture is never justified.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19574 Posts
I don't really have much sympathy for a 24 year old who hits on 17 year olds (that age gap is kinda creepy, especially when she's fairly young), but I also think that the dad is more than a little crazy. The kid won't do it again and the dad will probably go to jail. Best of both worlds?
shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

The kid won't do it again and the dad will probably go to jail. Best of both worlds?Planeforger

I wouldn't be so sure. I can only imagine that for the daughter having her father in jail isn't pleasant.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19574 Posts

[QUOTE="Planeforger"] The kid won't do it again and the dad will probably go to jail. Best of both worlds?shinian

I wouldn't be so sure. I can only imagine that for the daughter having her father in jail isn't pleasant.

Good point. :(

SeanDog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SeanDog123
Member since 2005 • 1327 Posts
The dad is completely crazy, and should go to jail. 17 to 24 is pushing it a little bit, but I think there are many cases where the parents would allow this age difference. Just because he is 24 doesn't mean is some kind of monster, and the daughter obviously knew what she was doing. Besides she will probably be 18 soon making the age difference a non issue.
T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts

There's a reason why he's on trial. He's ****ing dangerous and tortured a man for no good reason.

Also as per her age, she fully knew what she was doing (probably enjoyed it), even if she isn't considered a "legal adult".

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
He is not right. He is a long way off. His daughter is a adult just about, and it was just texting. The correct action would of been telling her to not text him, or taking the phone. The way he acted is as if she was murdered or something. And why would he undress him? Little too sexual.. ironic :lol:
Avatar image for Fuhgeddabouditt
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fuhgeddabouditt
Member since 2010 • 5468 Posts
A punch to the face would be enough. He obviously care about his daughter though which is a good thing.
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fuhgeddabouditt

The dad is completely crazy, and should go to jail. 17 to 24 is pushing it a little bit, but I think there are many cases where the parents would allow this age difference. Just because he is 24 doesn't mean is some kind of monster, and the daughter obviously knew what she was doing. Besides she will probably be 18 soon making the age difference a non issue.SeanDog123
maybe he said hes 18, playing a young girl. Guys do this all the time, go after the easy, still in highschool/just out of highschool girls to take advantage of. The father probably thought this and well, we all know the result. Hes a father that cares about his daughter, to protect her and felt this needed to be done :lol: Like I've said many times, I wouldnt want a daughter :? Too much to worry about.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

A punch to the face would be enough. He obviously care about his daughter though which is a good thing. Fuhgeddabouditt

Uh that wouldn't solve anything, and you would have assault charges pressed on you.

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts
[QUOTE="Acemaster27"]Am I the only one who thinks that this was just a little bit ok? I mean, yeah the father did end up torturing someone and he should be justly punished by the law, but he was trying to protect his daughter. That's got to count for something.

The father should be tortured next and repaid the favor
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fuhgeddabouditt

[QUOTE="Fuhgeddabouditt"]A punch to the face would be enough. He obviously care about his daughter though which is a good thing. sSubZerOo

Uh that wouldn't solve anything, and you would have assault charges pressed on you.

if he wanted to do something, a punch to the face would of been enough. I'm sure he wouldnt of cared about assault charges.
Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

Father should go to jail. He was in the wrong here, period.

This isn't some 40 year old molesting an 8 year old. She was 17, he was 24. Theres an age difference but she was not some little kid.

And vigilante justice should NEVER be tolerated.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

[QUOTE="shinian"]

[QUOTE="Planeforger"] The kid won't do it again and the dad will probably go to jail. Best of both worlds?Planeforger

And I'm sure the many hardened criminals in jail will do some "torturing" of their own.

gubrushadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gubrushadow
Member since 2009 • 2735 Posts
WOW was he on a rampage or what ?
Fuhgeddabouditt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Fuhgeddabouditt

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]

[QUOTE="shinian"]

Pixel-Pirate

And I'm sure the many hardened criminals in jail will do some "torturing" of their own.

in jail for doing that to a dude? Nah, thats not torturing worthy. If he abused a kid or something well then, he better watch out :P

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts
[QUOTE="Pixel-Pirate"]

[QUOTE="Planeforger"]

Fuhgeddabouditt

in jail for doing that to a dude? Nah, thats not torturing worthy.

Who are you to speak for every prisoner in that jail where the father will end up? Some might not be so tolerant of this overzealous jerk of a father. Some might find it a turn on :o
Murj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 Murj
Member since 2008 • 4557 Posts

By all means he coulda lured the guy to his house to give him a painfully awkward talk. The kid woulda learned his lesson. No need to strip him and whip out the stun gun.

Brozekial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Brozekial
Member since 2010 • 744 Posts
Where I live (Georgia), 16 is the legal age of consent IF AND ONLY IF the other consenting person is within four years of age. Otherwise they are charged with interference with custody. Honestly, I think that the father is only completely in the wrong because of the bordering adult age of his daughter. If his daughter was ANY younger, 16 even, I'd say that he was completely justified and I would honestly do the same thing...but smarter.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]Given the daughter's age I'd say it wasn't justified at all. If she was 12 then maybe I'd understand a bit more, but the daughter's an adult.Mafiree

Biologically speaking yes, she is an adult. The girl was in full awareness of what she was doing. The father was way over the line. Frankly with that kind of reaction I have to wonder if he was truly just "protecting" his daughter or if there isn't something else going on in his head.

warownslife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 warownslife
Member since 2010 • 5289 Posts

That sick bastard. He should go to prison for the rest of his life. Also he should pay the medical bills for the guy he shot with astungun and the therapy hes going to need.

T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts

[QUOTE="Mafiree"][QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]Given the daughter's age I'd say it wasn't justified at all. If she was 12 then maybe I'd understand a bit more, but the daughter's an adult.worlock77

Biologically speaking yes, she is an adult. The girl was in full awareness of what she was doing. The father was way over the line. Frankly with that kind of reaction I have to wonder if he was truly just "protecting" his daughter or if there isn't something else going on in his head.

Yeah, I think it was obvious he just wanted to hurt the other guy. Torturing and firing a stun gun at him isn't really protecting the daughter.
warownslife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 warownslife

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Mafiree"] She is not an adult........T_P_O

Yeah, I think it was obvious he just wanted to hurt the other guy. Torturing and firing a stun gun at him isn't really protecting the daughter.

Also "strip down to boxers" was a clear sign that this man was mentally ill.

entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

What a complete psycho.

What 17 year old girl in her right mind would be involved with a 24 year old man?

warownslife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 warownslife

What a complete psycho.

What 17 year old girl in her right mind would be involved with a 24 year old man?

entropyecho

I can name 10.

bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

The young man is quite the weirdo. As for the father, no comment.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
This man can't be anymore father than this :P I feel sorry for the father not the other guy.
alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 alexside1
Member since 2006 • 4412 Posts
Two wrongs don't make a right.