This topic is locked from further discussion.

jonnymcl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 jonnymcl2k
Member since 2004 • 1604 Posts
and hinata, the king of all that is emo, the person who decides what emo and scene is defined as, is back :roll:
Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 Cerussite
Member since 2007 • 3084 Posts
Cannibal Corpse is all I need.
Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#153 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts

and hinata, the king of all that is emo, the person who decides what emo and scene is defined as, is back :roll:jonnymcl2k

Hmm... I never knew I was any of those things. And I've BEEN back...

slorg_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 slorg_king
Member since 2005 • 11269 Posts
we're the only 2 people on this board who actually understand goth. dissonantblack
Since when?>____>
Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Cerussite

**** off poser. Listen to actual emo music and stop trying to fit in. For ****'s sake, you just like Fight Club because everyone else does.
SpiritEmu
Hinata's just mad because Indian Summer never named any of their songs. So he had to resort to listening to ****.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Yes. I dislike emos. They seem to hate life and don't fit in society. Plus, there's something in their way of dressing that I just hate.
Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Cerussite

[QUOTE="dissonantblack"] we're the only 2 people on this board who actually understand goth. slorg_king
Since when?>____>

I believe in Goth.

Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Hinata237

F*** off poser. Listen to actual emo music and stop trying to fit in. For f**k's sake, you just like Fight Club because everyone else does.
SpiritEmu

Uhh... No. I disliked Fight club until I actually watched it with my best friend. She told me I should watch it again and pay attention. She watched it with me, I completely loved it. I've seen it about 10 times now.

Don't just assume things please.

jonnymcl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 jonnymcl2k

[QUOTE="jonnymcl2k"]and hinata, the king of all that is emo, the person who decides what emo and scene is defined as, is back :roll:Hinata237

Hmm... I never knew I was any of those things. And I've BEEN back...

with he emo topics i mean. anyway truth is, labels kinda cahnge meaning in different groups, where i live it isnt just music but also the steroe type. anyway, the reason i dislike emos is because, in my experience, they are generally ignorant and selfish people who overeact and generally blow their 'depression' out of preportion.

slorg_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 slorg_king
F*** off poser. Listen to music that is actually of the emo genre and stop trying to fit in. For f**k's sake, you just like Fight Club because everyone else does.
SpiritEmu
I put your name on that sig for a reason...>__>
H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 H8sMikeMoore
Member since 2008 • 5427 Posts

[QUOTE="WSGRandomPerson"]I don't hate them. It's just another label they put on people who aren't like others.

BTW, didn't read any of that. Just looked at the pictures.
Hinata237

Awe... You didn't even read a tiny part of it?

I didnt read any of it either :)

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#163 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
Most people that actually have disorders or problems (ie. their parents beat them, they are severely depressed, etc.) do not dress up in black clothing and get a million piercings and write poetry. The fact that one person started to act sad and talk about his/her "pain and misery" because they weren t popular or something to that accord turned into a fad and a cry for attention. As for the people that slit their wrists, they also do it for attention. Their is no biological reason or justification to what they are doing. I have talked to "emos" and so far all of them have said they did it to "relieve stress"; if they were so bothered by the "problems" in their lives, they should either see a psychiatrist, counelor, or at the bare minimum consult a friend, it is much better than slitting ur wrists and saying it makes you feel better. Slitting your wrists is simply a cry for attention. After people started to act "emo", the thing turned into a fad and now everyone and their cat (well, not everyone but a lot of people) dress in black, straighten their hair (girls morally can, but when you have a guy who straightens/styles his hair everyday just to look "emo", something is wrong), wear tight (aka "skinny") jeans, and talk about how much their life sucks, when in actuality they have a @#$%-load more than those in other countries. If you have emotional problems, talk to someone to get some help. If you feel the need to try and "fit-in" dont, it s a dumb fad. Heck, I have a friend who recently "turned emo" and straightens and styles his hair everyday to look "emo" and he relentlessly rants about how much his life sucks when about two weeks ago, he was, and has been for as long as I've known him (6 years), a regular guy that loved football and tv and video-games. Sadly, he quit the football team :(
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts

[QUOTE="SpiritEmu"]

F*** off poser. Listen to actual emo music and stop trying to fit in. For f**k's sake, you just like Fight Club because everyone else does.
Hinata237

Uhh... No. I disliked Fight club until I actually watched it with my best friend. She told me I should watch it again and pay attention. She watched it with me, I completely loved it. I've seen it about 10 times now.

Fight club seems to be one of those few films around that you actually have to think about, the only other ones that i can think off the top of my head are "donnie darko" and "the others"

SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 SpiritEmu
Member since 2006 • 3370 Posts
[QUOTE="SpiritEmu"]F*** off poser. Listen to music that is actually of the emo genre and stop trying to fit in. For f**k's sake, you just like Fight Club because everyone else does.
slorg_king

What sig?
jonnymcl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 jonnymcl2k

Most people that actually have disorders or problems (ie. their parents beat them, they are severely depressed, etc.) do not dress up in black clothing and get a million piercings and write poetry. The fact that one person started to act sad and talk about his/her "pain and misery" because they weren t popular or something to that accord turned into a fad and a cry for attention. As for the people that slit their wrists, they also do it for attention. Their is no biological reason or justification to what they are doing. I have talked to "emos" and so far all of them have said they did it to "relieve stress"; if they were so bothered by the "problems" in their lives, they should either see a psychiatrist, counelor, or at the bare minimum consult a friend, it is much better than slitting ur wrists and saying it makes you feel better. Slitting your wrists is simply a cry for attention. After people started to act "emo", the thing turned into a fad and now everyone and their cat (well, not everyone but a lot of people) dress in black, straighten their hair (girls morally can, but when you have a guy who straightens/styles his hair everyday just to look "emo", something is wrong), wear tight (aka "skinny") jeans, and talk about how much their life sucks, when in actuality they have a @#$%-load more than those in other countries. If you have emotional problems, talk to someone to get some help. If you feel the need to try and "fit-in" dont, it s a dumb fad. Heck, I have a friend who recently "turned emo" and straightens and styles his hair everyday to look "emo" and he relentlessly rants about how much his life sucks when about two weeks ago, he was, and has been for as long as I've known him (6 years), a regular guy that loved football and tv and video-games. Sadly, he quit the football team :(Setsa

you see this guy talks sense, i agree 100%

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
Most people that actually have disorders or problems (ie. their parents beat them, they are severely depressed, etc.) do not dress up in black clothing and get a million piercings and write poetry. The fact that one person started to act sad and talk about his/her "pain and misery" because they weren t popular or something to that accord turned into a fad and a cry for attention. As for the people that slit their wrists, they also do it for attention. Their is no biological reason or justification to what they are doing. I have talked to "emos" and so far all of them have said they did it to "relieve stress"; if they were so bothered by the "problems" in their lives, they should either see a psychiatrist, counelor, or at the bare minimum consult a friend, it is much better than slitting ur wrists and saying it makes you feel better. Slitting your wrists is simply a cry for attention. After people started to act "emo", the thing turned into a fad and now everyone and their cat (well, not everyone but a lot of people) dress in black, straighten their hair (girls morally can, but when you have a guy who straightens/styles his hair everyday just to look "emo", something is wrong), wear tight (aka "skinny") jeans, and talk about how much their life sucks, when in actuality they have a @#$%-load more than those in other countries. If you have emotional problems, talk to someone to get some help. If you feel the need to try and "fit-in" dont, it s a dumb fad. Heck, I have a friend who recently "turned emo" and straightens and styles his hair everyday to look "emo" and he relentlessly rants about how much his life sucks when about two weeks ago, he was, and has been for as long as I've known him (6 years), a regular guy that loved football and tv and video-games. Sadly, he quit the football team :(Setsa
Masochism and blood letting for a fetish is a good reason for cutting there. However, the thigh or arm would be better, but not everyone is educated on those spots being better.
Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Hinata237
[QUOTE="Hinata237"]

[QUOTE="SpiritEmu"]

SpiritEmu

F**k you, the book was better.

*Sigh*... Why are you so mean?

SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 SpiritEmu
We can be genres of music now? Sweet jesus, this has been my dream for so long!
slorg_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 slorg_king
[QUOTE="slorg_king"][QUOTE="SpiritEmu"]F*** off poser. Listen to music that is actually of the emo genre and stop trying to fit in. For f**k's sake, you just like Fight Club because everyone else does.
SpiritEmu

What sig?

Your current sig... I took my name off and put yours on so it would look less like you stole it...>_>
SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 SpiritEmu

Also, you don't like Fight Club because you "payed attention" the second time. You're just a fan of it because it has a cult following. I'm guessing you've never bothered reading the book either.

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 wemhim
We can be genres of music now? Sweet jesus, this has been my dream for so long!SpiritEmu
That doesn't really apply anymore. It's a social construct. It's not a scientific term. To say that Emo isn't a style is pretty silly. I mean, most of our language is based on taking old meanings and changing them. That's like saying if a guy kisses another guy it's not gay Because gay didn't originally mean that.
SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 SpiritEmu

[QUOTE="SpiritEmu"][QUOTE="slorg_king"][QUOTE="SpiritEmu"]F*** off poser. Listen to music that is actually of the emo genre and stop trying to fit in. For f**k's sake, you just like Fight Club because everyone else does.
slorg_king

What sig?

Your current sig... I took my name off and put yours on so it would look less like you stole it...>_>

Too lazy to crop it.

MaTt345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#175 MaTt345
Member since 2006 • 235 Posts
as someone very smart once said, emo is goth but for p*ssys:) i dis like them, dont hate them. You'd just never see me with one.
SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 SpiritEmu
[QUOTE="SpiritEmu"][QUOTE="Hinata237"]

[QUOTE="SpiritEmu"]

Hinata237

F**k you, the book was better.

*Sigh*... Why are you so mean?

I'm bitter towards you for some reason.
SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 SpiritEmu

Directed towards that one dude.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

But turning words into something they're not is pointless, goddamn we can make up words you know!

SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 SpiritEmu
But turning words into something they're not is pointless, goddamn we can make up words you know!SpiritEmu

I agree.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#179 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts
I read the whole thing. I still hate them. :|
KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts

[QUOTE="SpiritEmu"]But turning words into something they're not is pointless, goddamn we can make up words you know!SpiritEmu

I agree.

lol you agree with yourself good job. :lol:

SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 SpiritEmu

[QUOTE="SpiritEmu"]

**** off poser. Listen to actual emo music and stop trying to fit in. For ****'s sake, you just like Fight Club because everyone else does.
Cerussite
Hinata's just mad because Indian Summer never named any of their songs. So he had to resort to listening to ****.

Indian Summer rocks.

So Hinata, you a fan of Indian Summer?

slorg_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 slorg_king
[QUOTE="SpiritEmu"]But turning words into something they're not is pointless, goddamn we can make up words you know!SpiritEmu

I agree.

I concur.
SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 SpiritEmu

[QUOTE="SpiritEmu"][QUOTE="SpiritEmu"]But turning words into something they're not is pointless, goddamn we can make up words you know!KillaHalo2o9

I agree.

lol you agree with yourself, I wish I could do that. :lol:

If only, if only.
EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#184 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts
Their is no biological reason or justification to what they are doing. I have talked to "emos" and so far all of them have said they did it to "relieve stress"; if they were so bothered by the "problems" in their lives, they should either see a psychiatrist, counelor, or at the bare minimum consult a friend, it is much better than slitting ur wrists and saying it makes you feel better. Slitting your wrists is simply a cry for attention. Setsa
For the most part I agree - self infliction for stress relief is fruitless and it's blatantly obvious that these people have put no thought into what they are doing. Hinata says that it releases endorphins that make you feel calm and controlled. Fair enough, but how long do these endorphins last? Self-infliction only makes you feel better for a short while. If you're being troubled by an ongoing problem, you'd end up constantly cutting yourself for this relief. This begins to turn into a major problem when you start penetrating the skin and drawing blood when you cut yourself. There's a reason we use plasters to cover up cuts, it's to keep them clean and reduce risk of infection. Most self inflicters would not make much of an effort to keep their cuts clean as that would draw more attention to what they do. It's also likely that they use the same blade and don't wash that, as constantly bringing knives down from your room, washing them in the kitchen sink and taking them back upstairs would also draw more attention. If you've been cutting yourself with this disregard for safety for a long term you could very well end up with an infection and become seriously ill. I don't know how frequently this happens among self-inflicters, and I don't care enough to research it, but common sense should dictate the sheer senselessness of it.
SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 SpiritEmu

Hinata, so you want to make out? I heard that's the "rage" with emos these days.

Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Cerussite

Things that make this thread funny:

-Emo is not a subculture. It is not a counter-culture. There is no emo scene.

-"Emo" music consists of later hardcore punk bands that experimented with the sound, making these bands distinct from other hardcore bands. Many of the bands in this "hardcore emo" scene were started during the "Revolution Summer" of 1985. Later emo includes bands like Sunny Day Real Estate and Mineral, who sound very similar to indie rock bands that were popular in the 90's. Earlier emo bands were a part of the hardcore punk scene, and later emo bands were apart of the indie rock scene. "Indiemo" is a good portmanteau you could use to describe later emo bands.

-Bands like My Chemical Romance, Panic! At the Disco, and Fall Out Boy are not emo. They are pop-punk. Pop-punk and emo share very little in common, if anything at all.

-If you define yourself as an emo, you are doing the following: A.) Attempting to fit into a nonexistent classification of people or B.) Being pissy.

-Cutting yourself is not emo. You can't be emo, and if you say otherwise, you're wrong.

-Hinata's just a funny person all around.

SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 SpiritEmu

Cutting yourself doesn't make you emo. It makes you an idiot. Hell, most "scene" kids are idiots who know nothing about the music stylings of emo, so, yeah. I guess you guys are right.

Who wants some razors?

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 wemhim
But turning words into something they're not is pointless, goddamn we can make up words you know!SpiritEmu
Well, that doesn't change facts. I mean, "Hey dude", is a common saying, that doesn't mean you're calling him a city folk in the country(That's what a dude used to mean). And it's not really pointless, the music genre LEAD to this. And F word( Gay derogatory term) used to be boys who would be slaves to older students in the UK, or cigarettes.
SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 SpiritEmu
Cerussite, you like Mineral too? I LOVE YOU.
jonnymcl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 jonnymcl2k
just to addsomething after reading a bit more off the original post - that wikipedia quote isn';t the only thing said on the page if you scroll down it talks about emo as an image and describes your stereotypical emo kid. i just wanted to add that ;)
PickGlove243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 PickGlove243
Member since 2007 • 3144 Posts

No, I don't hate them, they just look stupid.

Also, these kids calling themselves emo don't even know much about the genre itself.

KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
Dam if I made this thread I would need two flame shields. :o
PickGlove243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 PickGlove243

lol, I remember when you were a wrestler wannabe.

SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 SpiritEmu
Hey PickGlove, it's Spiff off of LL :D
PickGlove243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 PickGlove243

Hi SE!!!!!!

How ya doin'?

SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 SpiritEmu

Okay guys, so far we've got this:
- Hinata has no clue what he's talking about
- He doesn't really like Fight Club
- And this thread seems to be more about bashing Hinata than the genre of emo.

hot.

SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 SpiritEmu

Hi SE!!!!!!

How ya doin'?

PickGlove243

doin' good. how bout' you, dog?

SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 SpiritEmu
[QUOTE="PickGlove243"]

Hi SE!!!!!!

How ya doin'?

SpiritEmu

doin' good. how bout' you, dog?

Don't ask him that. You're an idiot. Defiance, Ohio sucks.
PickGlove243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 PickGlove243
Bored at home dude D:
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#200 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
no one is going to read all of that, and stop posting pics of such ugly "emo" people. I hate them and give up noone is changing their mind.