Elon Musk sues Media Matters for reports of advertisers dropping Twitter/X due to antisemitism

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#201  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8220 Posts

@robertos: that was not about great replacement theory, that was about Elon responding to a tweet about israel, and I gave my view on the tweet he responded to. You even cut out the part where I made sure to mention " I don't even believe in this BS leftist ideology".. you are off kilter. Maybe post the entire statement next time :)

You never did share those "2 links where it discussed race" maybe because your talking out your butt again :P

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 955 Posts

Yeah @sargentd is just going in circles with his lies at this point. There isn't much to debate here.

Regarding Vivek:

• White Supremacists Are Celebrating Vivek Ramaswamy’s ‘Great Replacement’ Rant | WIRED
  • Ramaswamy defends debunked conspiracy theories he shared at Republican debate - ABC News (go.com)

Then, Ramaswamy claimed that the “great replacement theory is not some grand right-wing conspiracy theory, but a basic statement of the Democratic Party’s platform.” The great replacement theory is a widely-debunked conspiracy that the liberal establishment, along with a cabal of “global elites,” is encouraging the immigration of people of color in order to “replace” white voters.

Immediately, white supremacists online celebrated the reference to the racist and antisemitic conspiracy. Nick Fuentes, a white nationalist influencer who was livestreaming his reaction to the debate on the alternative streaming platform Rumble, appeared visibly shocked that Ramaswamy went so far. He watched open-mouthed as Ramaswamy continued to boost wild conspiracies. “Let’s go,” a visibly delighted Fuentes told his thousands of viewers.

A clip of Fuentes’ reaction was posted on X by Irish antisemitic and anti-immigrant influencer Keith O’Brien, known online as Keith Woods, with the comment: “Time to mainstream this discussion across the West.”

The post quickly racked up tens of thousands of likes and shares, including from Ramaswamy’s own official X account. “Repost by Vivek, very cool,” O’Brien wrote on his Telegram channel. “We love Vivek.”

Regarding Elon:

• Another Day, Another Antisemitic Conspiracy Theory for Elon Musk and X | Vanity Fair
  • Elon Musk curses out advertisers who left X over antisemitic content | Reuters
  • Backlash builds after Elon Musk called an antisemitic conspiracy theory the ‘actual truth’ | TechCrunch
  • Elon Musk boosts antisemitic tweet, claims ADL pushes 'anti-white' messaging (cnbc.com)

The tweet Musk called “the actual truth” also echoed the broader Great Replacementconspiracy theory, which white nationalists have popularized to sow fear about non-white people displacing white population majorities in countries like the U.S.

Musk has faced a torrent of criticism ever since he agreed with a user who falsely claimed Jewish people were stoking hatred against white people. Musk in his post said the user, who referenced the "Great Replacement" conspiracy theory, was speaking "the actual truth."

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Robertos

Looks like the goons in this thread were surprise surprise lying,

Also I don't usually post op-eds, but this was funny lol:

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#204 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

@sargentd: the methodology kinda doesn't matter though. twitter owns their software and is responsible for how it behaves. if it behaves poorly, even under the stimulus of "abnormal" behavior, they're still responsible for the outcome.

if boeing for example had flight control software that would shut an airplane's engines down mid-flight because a pilot pressed 4 buttons at the same time that the software guys never thought anyone would press simultaneously, it's still a problem that needs correction.

it's up to be ad buyers to decide if they want to be associated w/ twitter or not, but it's their decision.

I agree.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#205 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

I think Musk got high and made an offer to buy Twitter. Later when he came down he realized he didn't want it but by then it was too late and he forced to go through with it. Now he's acting like bratty teenager forced to take care of the pet they asked for and have lost interest in. On the plus side I now know where besides 4chan I can go online to get harassed by nazis, homophobes, and misogynists.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#206  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

The site is now being invaded by adult themed ads being pushed by spam bot accounts that are showing up in feeds every 4 or 5 posts. This site is done.

Curious if Elon Musk is allowing it like "I'll show them the consequences of screwing my ad revenue", or if activists are organizing this to bring site down. Word is the links are malicious.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#207 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

@lamprey263: Activists don't really care about Twitter, since even the ones that would like the place to fail don't really need to do much except just sit back and let Musk continue to do his decisions.

The ads are just a natural result of the choices Musk made for the platform. If the regular advertisers left, the only ads that are left to be displayed are the ones that are still paying, aka the ones that don't mind the new trashy nature of the site.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Robertos

Similar lawsuit, but expect the same outcome:

Federal judge tosses Elon Musk’s case against hate speech watchdog CCDH | CNN Business

A federal judge on Monday threw out a lawsuit by Elon Musk’s X that had targeted a watchdog group for its critical reports about hate speech on the social media platform.

In a blistering 52-page order, the judge blasted X’s case as plainly punitive rather than about protecting the platform’s security and legal rights.

So much for being a "Free Speech absolutist" lol.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#209 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

Musk's racism in a nutshell (I'm paraphrasing, but this is it):

Musk: If you encourage black people to be doctors, healthcare standards will go down
Interviewer: why do you think that?
Musk: Well, ummm....uhh...if you look at the studies, I uhh...
Interviewer: Do you have evidence?
Musk: Well, ummm, you see, the studies are there to support what I am saying. Umm, yes, you see...
Interviewer: You realize less than 5% of doctors are black, right? Do you think that is representative of the population?
Musk: No, and that's why our healthcare is so good...
Interviewer: Do you think black people are somehow predisposed to being worse doctors than white or Indian or Asian or Hispanic doctors?
Musk: Well, ...if you look at the data, it supports what I am saying.
Interviewer: What are you saying, Mr Musk?
Musk: Well these DEI programs will hurt healthcare?
Interviewer: Because you think black people make worse doctors?
Musk: No, I think the standards will fall
Interviewer: So you think that if black doctors go through the same steps as white doctors to become surgeons, they will somehow be worse than the white doctors? Is that what you are saying?
Musk: *stammers*

I mean, you need to listen to what he isn't saying in order to hear what he actually believes.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23033 Posts

@mrbojangles25: It's not just Musk, the DEI crowd has been making these same implications for awhile. See the latest example of the Baltimore mayor.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Robertos
@mrbojangles25 said:

Musk: If you encourage black people to be doctors, healthcare standards will go down

Musk: Well, ummm, you see, the studies are there to support what I am saying. Umm, yes, you see...

Interviewer: You realize less than 5% of doctors are black, right? Do you think that is representative of the population?

Interviewer: Do you think black people are somehow predisposed to being worse doctors than white or Indian or Asian or Hispanic doctors?

Interviewer: So you think that if black doctors go through the same steps as white doctors to become surgeons, they will somehow be worse than the white doctors? Is that what you are saying?

I mean, you need to listen to what he isn't saying in order to hear what he actually believes.

DEI is straight up being used as a stand in for the N word at this point.

I saw people calling the black Baltimore mayor a "DEI Hire" due to the Ship crash....WHAT!? Mayors are elected lol. A lot of gamers saying Diablo 4 was bad due to DEI, even though every major team lead and lead dev is a white dude. Just because there was a black person or something once in one of the dev vids out of dozens. Boeing loses a door during a flight? It's due to DEI and black hires, rather than the evidence showing it's due to cost cutting. Activision hires a black lady who has been in the industry for 30 years to replace Bobby Kottick (a white guy who these same people blamed for ruining the company)? DEI now ruined the company.

This is getting nuts. I wonder when it will start metastasizing from annoying culture wars nonsense into actual malicious policy like it did with anti-abortion, anti-lgbqt, climate denial, and anti-vaxxing.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@robertos said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

DEI is straight up being used as a stand in for the N word at this point.

I saw people calling the black Baltimore mayor a "DEI Hire" due to the Ship crash....WHAT!? Mayors are elected lol. A lot of gamers saying Diablo 4 was bad due to DEI, even though every major team lead and lead dev is a white dude. Just because there was a black person or something once in one of the dev vids out of dozens. Boeing loses a door during a flight? It's due to DEI and black hires, rather than the evidence showing it's due to cost cutting. Activision hires a black lady who has been in the industry for 30 years to replace Bobby Kottick (a white guy who these same people blamed for ruining the company)? DEI now ruined the company.

This is getting nuts. I wonder when it will start metastasizing from annoying culture wars nonsense into actual malicious policy like it did with anti-abortion, anti-lgbqt, climate denial, and anti-vaxxing.

The people calling a "DEI" hire have never been known for checking facts or care about how things works, have they?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@horgen said:

The people calling a "DEI" hire have never been known for checking facts or care about how things works, have they?

Complaining about DEI is code for stating they are racist and in some cases sexist as well.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#215 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:

Complaining about DEI is code for stating they are racist and in some cases sexist as well.

I used to think this was hyperbole but honestly the more I read about people complaining about DEI and other things, the more I realize there are still a lot of racists in the world. They might not be as malicious or casual as they used to be, but they're still out there.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@horgen said:

I used to think this was hyperbole but honestly the more I read about people complaining about DEI and other things, the more I realize there are still a lot of racists in the world. They might not be as malicious or casual as they used to be, but they're still out there.

Less casual perhaps but malicious as they ever were.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By SargentD

DEI is racist in itself. It quite literally is the opposite of what MLK stood for. Which was that people would be judged on thier content of character and not the color of thier skin.

DEI quite literally only cares about color of the skin.

It throws that whole "content of character" part out the window.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 mattbbpl

@sargentd: What do you think dei is, exactly?

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:

DEI is racist in itself. It quite literally is the opposite of what MLK stood for. Which was that people would be judged on thier content of character and not the color of thier skin.

Calling someone a DEI Hire automatically because they are black, is pretty fucking racist.

A private company with 99% white employees wanting to make their workforce more diverse for marketing reasons is hardly racist compared to that, if at all.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:

No that isn't what DEI is but that is what racists say it is.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By SargentD
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:

Stay mad truth hurts

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:

Stay mad truth hurts

Do you agree automatically defaulting to calling a minority a DEI hire without proof is racist?

Do you agree saying any company screw up is automatically due to DEI (like the ship accident or Boeing) without proof is racist?

Forgetting being wrong and racist about isolated events, is there any study showing DEI directly causes negative impacts on average? Or is this people just using it as a safe N word?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Stay mad truth hurts

I'm not mad. You seem emotional. Also the next time you post the truth will be the first time.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 SargentD

@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:

Stay mad truth hurts

Do you agree automatically defaulting to calling a minority a DEI hire without proof is racist?

Do you agree saying any company screw up is automatically due to DEI (like the ship accident or Boeing) without proof is racist?

Forgetting being wrong and racist about isolated events, is there any study showing DEI directly causes negative impacts on average? Or is this people just using it as a safe N word?

To the first 2 statements.

No

To the last statement bolded..

The negative effect is its possible the person with the best credentials isn't chosen for the job.

And Comparing people complaining about DEI to someone using the N word is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard

That lawsuit against Harvard recently ruled they were violation of the Civil Rights Act for requiring different SAT scores for Different Races of students.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

So Elon is suing because a company is reporting on the fact that other companies are dropping their ads off of the website, X.

Huh?

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:

To the first 2 statements.

No

What I described is not normal human behavior and is deranged.

@sargentd said:

And Comparing people complaining about DEI to someone using the N word is

This trend is directly implying they are worse at things and at fault for everything bad. I said it's being used as a stand in for the N word for some MAGA white supremacists who don't want to get banned.

@sargentd said:

is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard

You should see your own posts.

I find it telling you don't see calling the Bridge accident the fault of Black DEI hires or Boeing issues due to Black hires as dumb, but instead the people fact checking and critiquing such insane statements.

@sargentd said:

The negative effect is its possible

I asked for a study proving negative performance outcomes on average. Thanks for confirming this is all feely feels.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Robertos

@Serraph105 said:

So Elon is suing because a company is reporting on the fact that other companies are dropping their ads off of the website, X.

Huh?

Mr. Freedom of Speech Absolutist already lost a VERY similar lawsuit last week.

Judge dismisses lawsuit by Musk's X against nonprofit researchers tracking hate speech on platform | AP News

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 SargentD

@robertos: I meant No as in, No, I wouldn't agree doing that

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#229 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

The thing that annoys me about Elon is that he thinks he's an expert at everything when he's invented nothing.

It's only gotten worse since he bought Twitter. Feeding aids in peoples brain.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 mattbbpl

@uninspiredcup: All he had to do was chill out, let his money and PR grow through his companies, and he just.... Couldn't do it.

He already had the misappropriated reputation as a genius. He just had to not blow it by believing the claims himself.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 mattbbpl
@robertos said:

I find it telling you don't see calling the Bridge accident the fault of Black DEI hires or Boeing issues due to Black hires as dumb, but instead the people fact checking and critiquing such insane statements.

Republicans: "These tragedies are caused by black people who have jobs they aren't capable of performing properly and should have been done by white people."

Republicans, later: "Why aren't black people voting for us?"