Drug named krokodil that rots flesh surfaces in Arizona.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/26/heroin-krokodil-flesh-rotting-arrives-us-arizona/2879817/

People look at me like I'm crazy when I say heroin should be legal. This is a good example why. It taking heroin bad, yes.. but now there's a bunch of people at risk of taking this crap instead of actual heroin. Same with a ton of other Research Chemicals. We need to start regulating some of this stuff in some fashion.

- What do you guys think of this news?

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

Drugs will never be legalized in America, not as long as the prison industry has something to say about it.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Your reasoning for heroin to be legal is because someone may take something worse if it's not? Really? If someone chooses to illegally take something worse, that's on them. Not heroin being illegal.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deeliman

Your reasoning for heroin to be legal is because someone may take something worse if it's not? Really? If someone chooses to illegally take something worse, that's on them. Not heroin being illegal.

Pirate700
But adults should also be able to decide whether or not they take drugs, including heroin. There should be regulations for that of course, just like alcohol.
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Lipscomb

Pirate700
One of the many reasons actually. Id rather have people have options to cleaner substances than street stuff. They're going to do it anyways. Might as well make some money off it, and give them the cleanest stuff possible. You're not going to agree with me lol
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

deeliman

But adults should also be able to decide whether or not they take drugs, including heroin. There should be regulations for that of course, just like alcohol.

They should be able make their own decisions to a point. Trust me, you don't want heroin addicts freely about nor people freely able to become one. Heroin isn't the same as having a couple beers or some pot. It's serious, life ruining shit.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="deeliman"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

They should be able make their own decisions to a point. Trust me, you don't want heroin addicts freely about nor people freely able to become one. Heroin isn't the same as having a couple beers or some pot. It's serious, life ruining shit.

Is heroin any different from oxycotton? I have a sister totally screwed up because of prescription drugs. She was more addicted to oxys and had tried heroin.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

If you guys have strong stomachs and want to see the effects, search it up. Very gruesome stuff, and I've always known this drug existed before its appearance in the United States. In fact, it's also called Desomorphine and has existed in the United States during the 1930s as well as other countries such as Switzerland so it's nothing entirely new.

Why anyone would take this is beyond me and its appearence in Arizona is a major concern.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Lipscomb

If you guys have strong stomachs and want to see the effects, search it up. Very gruesome stuff, and I've always known this drug existed before its appearance in the United States. In fact, it's also called Desomorphine and has existed in the United States during the 1930s as well as other countries such as Switzerland so it's nothing entirely new.

Why anyone would take this is beyond me and its appearence in Arizona is a major concern.

leviathan91
What's going to end up happening. Is a lot of heroin users are going to start getting this crap instead without knowing. Since the effects are very similar.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="deeliman"] But adults should also be able to decide whether or not they take drugs, including heroin. There should be regulations for that of course, just like alcohol.The_Lipscomb

Is heroin any different from oxycotton? I have a sister totally screwed up because of prescription drugs. She was more addicted to oxys and had tried heroin.

It's completely different. There are people that can get addicted to anything, and I'm sorry to hear about your sister, but heroin, crack, etc. are completely different ball games. As long as hard drug addicts are a serious risk to everyone around them, said drugs should and will remain illegal. Your average heroic and coke/crack user is completely different than someone having a couple beers or some pot while vegging out in front of the TV.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Heroin does to much damage to the body to justifiably be legalized hippies.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]They should be able make their own decisions to a point. Trust me, you don't want heroin addicts freely about nor people freely able to become one. Heroin isn't the same as having a couple beers or some pot. It's serious, life ruining shit.

Pirate700

It's completely different. There are people that can get addicted to anything, and I'm sorry to hear about your sister, but heroin, crack, etc. are completely different ball games. As long as hard drug addicts are a serious risk to everyone around them, said drugs should and will remain illegal. Your average heroic and coke/crack user is completely different than someone having a couple beers or some pot while vegging out in front of the TV.

While I agree with the last half. I just think that's a very weak argument for it being illegal. Not much else to say. I just don't agree with you. I honestly find oxys to be worse than heroin. Can pop them more often, a bit easier to function on.. Can do it more often.. ect. I've done my share of drugs. Not heroin per say, but I really honestly feel we do have many drugs wrong. We need to start researching these drugs more and really giving the cold hard facts.. Not opinions. You know?
Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts
I blame St. Vincent's awesome song
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] Is heroin any different from oxycotton? I have a sister totally screwed up because of prescription drugs. She was more addicted to oxys and had tried heroin.The_Lipscomb

While I agree with the last half. I just think that's a very weak argument for it being illegal. Not much else to say. I just don't agree with you. I honestly find oxys to be worse than heroin. Can pop them more often, a bit easier to function on.. Can do it more often.. ect. I've done my share of drugs. Not heroin per say, but I really honestly feel we do have many drugs wrong. We need to start researching these drugs more and really giving the cold hard facts.. Not opinions. You know?

Drugs that are almost garaunteed to make the user a hardcore addict and make the user a danger to anyone around them is not a weak argument for it to be illegal...

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] Is heroin any different from oxycotton? I have a sister totally screwed up because of prescription drugs. She was more addicted to oxys and had tried heroin.The_Lipscomb

There are plenty of data tables out there that compare addictiveness and negative affects on the body.

Heroin is almost always at the top.

Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts

I've heard of this drug before.. Not surprised that it moved to America..

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deeliman

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]It's completely different. There are people that can get addicted to anything, and I'm sorry to hear about your sister, but heroin, crack, etc. are completely different ball games. As long as hard drug addicts are a serious risk to everyone around them, said drugs should and will remain illegal. Your average heroic and coke/crack user is completely different than someone having a couple beers or some pot while vegging out in front of the TV.

Pirate700

Drugs that are almost garaunteed to make the user a hardcore addict and make the user a danger to anyone around them is not a weak argument for it to be illegal...

Alcohol can also do those things, should that be illegal too?
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] While I agree with the last half. I just think that's a very weak argument for it being illegal. Not much else to say. I just don't agree with you. I honestly find oxys to be worse than heroin. Can pop them more often, a bit easier to function on.. Can do it more often.. ect. I've done my share of drugs. Not heroin per say, but I really honestly feel we do have many drugs wrong. We need to start researching these drugs more and really giving the cold hard facts.. Not opinions. You know?deeliman

No because it's not inherently addicting other than to a miniscule percentage of its users. Drugs like heroin and crack/coke are brutally addicting to most users.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deeliman

[QUOTE="deeliman"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]Drugs that are almost garaunteed to make the user a hardcore addict and make the user a danger to anyone around them is not a weak argument for it to be illegal...

Pirate700

No because it's not inherently addicting other than to a miniscule percentage of its users. Drugs like heroin and crack/coke are brutally addicting to most users.

Actually, according to some studies alcohol IS addictive.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="deeliman"] Alcohol can also do those things, should that be illegal too?deeliman

Right in the same sense that any substance is addicting to some people. However you want to slice it though, the overwhelming majority of people can consume alcohol or pot without being addicted to it. That is not the case for heroin or crack cocaine.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
And to think there are people that want all drugs legalised. Fvck that
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

Drugs will never be legalized in America, not as long as the prison industry has something to say about it.

deeliman
Ding Ding Ding!!! You are Winner! Seriously though, you are right on the money.
deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deeliman

[QUOTE="deeliman"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]No because it's not inherently addicting other than to a miniscule percentage of its users. Drugs like heroin and crack/coke are brutally addicting to most users.

Pirate700

Right in the same sense that any substance is addicting to some people. However you want to slice it though, the overwhelming majority of people can consume alcohol or pot without being addicted to it. That is not the case for heroin or crack cocaine.

Alcohol causes the release of endorphins in two key brain regions associated with reward processing, which can be addictive to a lot of people. As for the heroine, I'm not going to deny the fact that it's very addictive and that you should never try it. But, I believe adults should be able to do anything they want with their body, as long as it doesn't violate other people's rights. And I don't think the amount of heroine addict will go up if it's legalized, but the amount of drug violence will go down significantly.
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/26/heroin-krokodil-flesh-rotting-arrives-us-arizona/2879817/

People look at me like I'm crazy when I say heroin should be legal. This is a good example why. It taking heroin bad, yes.. but now there's a bunch of people at risk of taking this crap instead of actual heroin. Same with a ton of other Research Chemicals. We need to start regulating some of this stuff in some fashion.

The_Lipscomb
By your logic shouldn't Krokodil be legal to prevent people from taking an even more deadly knock off of Krokodil?
deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deeliman
[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"]

Diablo-B
By your logic shouldn't Krokodil be legal to prevent people from taking an even more deadly knock off of Krokodil?

Why would people take Krokodil if heroine is legal?
deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deeliman

As an interesting side note, krokodil means crocodile in Dutch.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

How messed up do you have to be to think that injecting gasoline is a good idea?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

deeliman

And if adults decide to take drugs that destroy their bodies, insurance companies and government run healthcare should be able to choose not to cover them.

That sounds fair to me. We can extend that to alcohol and tobaco related stuff too.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deeliman

Wasdie

And if adults decide to take drugs that destroy their bodies, insurance companies and government run healthcare should be able to choose not to cover them.

That sounds fair to me. 

Yes, sounds good to me. Basically the same that already happens to people who destroy for example their hearts with drugs.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

MakeMeaSammitch
Actually, it's one of the least destructive drugs you can take. It's the cut from other stuff, or the withdrawal, that will get you.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chrisrooR

Wasdie

That sounds fair to me. We can extend that to alcohol and tobaco related stuff too.

Completely agree.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lostrib

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="deeliman"] But adults should also be able to decide whether or not they take drugs, including heroin. There should be regulations for that of course, just like alcohol.deeliman

That sounds fair to me. 

Yes, sounds good to me. Basically the same that already happens to people who destroy for example their hearts with drugs.

That must suck for alcoholics

Avatar image for michael_1234576
michael_1234576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 michael_1234576
Member since 2004 • 8621 Posts
I thought this drug was only taken by poor Russian heroin addicts
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

I'm surprised that it took this long to get media attention here in the U.S. It's been tearing up Russia for some time now.

Now as far as legalizng heroin, you're an idiot. Heroin may not rot your flesh but it still kills the user.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deeliman

I'm surprised that it took this long to get media attention here in the U.S. It's been tearing up Russia for some time now.

Now as far as legalizng heroin, you're an idiot. Heroin may not rot your flesh but it still kills the user.

lowkey254
There are a lot of legal things that can kill you.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chrisrooR

lowkey254
So does alcohol use. And at a far greater rate, I might add.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
We had a topic about Krokodil two years ago or something. I remember that abomination is originated in Russia. Its somehow funny how it made its way to the U.S after two years and now we're having a topic about it too. On another note, its really stupid to use krokodil as an argument for legalizing heroin. I understand that some people want weed legalized, I get that. But I'll never get how some want fvcking heroin legalized. Once you go that route there will mostly be no going back. Basically you want the government to legalize the destruction of individuals. Some may resort to the argument that addicts will get their fix one way or another. If not legally then illegally. Well that is true, but it does not mean society should respond to that by facilitating addiction and its associated drugs. Its just morally and ethically repugnant. Its like the same with suicide. Those who want to take their lives will do one way or another, but that sure as hell does not mean we should open suicide clinics. Anyhow, it is yet to be seen whether legalizing dangerous drugs in the heroin tier and easy access to them won't result in a spike or surge in the number of addicts in the few years that will follow the legalization.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts
there's no evidence of an epidemic though, this could have been a case of people trying to make their own heroin substitute with over the counter or prescription medication, for simply a reason to see if they can
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lostrib

We had a topic about Krokodil two years ago or something. I remember that abomination is originated in Russia. Its somehow funny how it made its way to the U.S after two years and now we're having a topic about it too. On another note, its really stupid to use krokodil as an argument for legalizing heroin. I understand that some people want weed legalized, I get that. But I'll never get how some want fvcking heroin legalized. Once you go that route there will mostly be no going back. Basically you want the government to legalize the destruction of individuals. Some may resort to the argument that addicts will get their fix one way or another. If not legally then illegally. Well that is true, but it does not mean society should respond to that by facilitating addiction and its associated drugs. Its just morally and ethically repugnant. Its like the same with suicide. Those who want to take their lives will do one way or another, but that sure as hell does not mean we should open suicide clinics. Anyhow, it is yet to be seen whether legalizing dangerous drugs in the heroin tier and easy access to them won't result in a spike or surge in the number of addicts in the few years that will follow the legalization.GazaAli

The government has already legalized the destruction of individuals.

mulalatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mulalatum
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts

[QUOTE="Diablo-B"][QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"]

deeliman

Why would people take Krokodil if heroine is legal?

Going by your logic, why would anybody take heroin of alchohol is legal?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]We had a topic about Krokodil two years ago or something. I remember that abomination is originated in Russia. Its somehow funny how it made its way to the U.S after two years and now we're having a topic about it too. On another note, its really stupid to use krokodil as an argument for legalizing heroin. I understand that some people want weed legalized, I get that. But I'll never get how some want fvcking heroin legalized. Once you go that route there will mostly be no going back. Basically you want the government to legalize the destruction of individuals. Some may resort to the argument that addicts will get their fix one way or another. If not legally then illegally. Well that is true, but it does not mean society should respond to that by facilitating addiction and its associated drugs. Its just morally and ethically repugnant. Its like the same with suicide. Those who want to take their lives will do one way or another, but that sure as hell does not mean we should open suicide clinics. Anyhow, it is yet to be seen whether legalizing dangerous drugs in the heroin tier and easy access to them won't result in a spike or surge in the number of addicts in the few years that will follow the legalization.lostrib

I'm not sure what you're referring to, but we should be calling for the rectification of any such practices that are already allowed, not adding more to them.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]We had a topic about Krokodil two years ago or something. I remember that abomination is originated in Russia. Its somehow funny how it made its way to the U.S after two years and now we're having a topic about it too. On another note, its really stupid to use krokodil as an argument for legalizing heroin. I understand that some people want weed legalized, I get that. But I'll never get how some want fvcking heroin legalized. Once you go that route there will mostly be no going back. Basically you want the government to legalize the destruction of individuals. Some may resort to the argument that addicts will get their fix one way or another. If not legally then illegally. Well that is true, but it does not mean society should respond to that by facilitating addiction and its associated drugs. Its just morally and ethically repugnant. Its like the same with suicide. Those who want to take their lives will do one way or another, but that sure as hell does not mean we should open suicide clinics. Anyhow, it is yet to be seen whether legalizing dangerous drugs in the heroin tier and easy access to them won't result in a spike or surge in the number of addicts in the few years that will follow the legalization.GazaAli

I'm not sure what you're referring to, but we should be calling for the rectification of any such practices that are already allowed, not adding more to them.

Well people get really upset when you try to take away their alcohol, or their cigarettes.  And banning all those prescribed narcotics that people get addicted to would also cause some problems

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="deeliman"]

danjammer69

Ding Ding Ding!!! You are Winner! Seriously though, you are right on the money.

Prisons cost the U.S. money derp.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

chrisrooR

Actually, it's one of the least destructive drugs you can take. It's the cut from other stuff, or the withdrawal, that will get you.

Can you read a graph?

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
I blame St. Vincent's awesome songJazz_Fan
That song blows.
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="lowkey254"]

deeliman

There are a lot of legal things that can kill you.

which is basically a race for the bottom argument.

"there are a lot of bad things out there, so let's put more bad things out there!"

"That will make the world better....somehow"

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lostrib

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

MakeMeaSammitch

Can you read a graph?

so we keep the most harmful one legal

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
Let em kill themselves if they want to. We have a bad habit of wanting to force people to be part of this homogeneous blob of society. Just let them kill themselves if they want.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pirate700

Let em kill themselves if they want to. We have a bad habit of wanting to force people to be part of this homogeneous blob of society. Just let them kill themselves if they want.guynamedbilly
The problem though is addicts of hardcore drugs are a danger to a lot more than themselves. It's not just as black and white as letting them kill themselves if they want to.

mulalatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mulalatum
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts
Let em kill themselves if they want to. We have a bad habit of wanting to force people to be part of this homogeneous blob of society. Just let them kill themselves if they want.guynamedbilly
I doubt they want to die