dragonball z series is being continued, new manga chapters to be written

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts
I did a quick google search to see if it really is being continued. Only thing that really popped up for me was this thread. :P Does anyone else have another source? if not I'm just going to go ahead and assume it really was about DragonBall SD
XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

He's not coming back to continue the series and he never will. This is just false hope and I can't exactly remember but I found a link last month that pretty much confirmed this was all false. I've tried to find the source that confirms he isn't but I'm to lazy and don't really care enough about it right now. The man himself even said he forgot most of the story and it was obvious he hated writing the series after the Frieza Saga. Dragon Ball SD isn't really a "continuation" it's just a spin off.

By the end of the cell saga he was pretty much forcing himself to write. I don't even care if the guy created it anyways, I think it could continue fine without him if done right (excluding GT that was garbage) and I think you could pick any hardcore DB fan off the street and they could write a continuation of the DBZ story better then what was accomplished with GT and know more about the characters, story then the own creator.

I think DB/DBZ will see a entirely new remake one day or maybe even some sort of spin off but it won't be written by Akira Toriyama. You could say Dragonball Kai is doing that right now but it's just DBZ remastered with some new voices, no fillers that remains more true to the original series. Dragon Ball SD is interesting but it's manga not anime and I doubt it ever will be anything more then that.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Oh joy...it just won't go away.

zlegend92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 zlegend92
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
This sounds really great. Apparently, because Akira Toriyama doesn't consider GT canon to the Dragonball universe, he is going to help create a new series and he is going to redesign the super sayian 4. He's then gonna edge out of the project slowly and let one of his fans take the reigns (all though I can't quite remember the name of that fan.) Although he will still be there to help guide the new series.
currentlemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 currentlemon
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts

[QUOTE="Regent192"]

[QUOTE="judog1"]I hope that Nicktoons doesn't try to make an anime based off of the new content.judog1

just hope 4kids don't have thier hands on it...

I don't think there is any escaping from 4Kids. I'm not sure what other company would do it, for the American version at least.

The only dubbing company that will probably get this is Funimation, that's it. I don't think Toei or Toriyama will want other dubbing companies besides Funimation.

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

dragon ball will make anime popular once more

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I kinda hope they scrap Goku like they originally planned (was going to be replaced by Gohan, but fans didn't like it) and develop the series around a new hero similar to Goku, but not Goku. :P I'd watch the **** out of a new DBZ anime just because it was such an awesome part of my youth.
alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 alexside1
Member since 2006 • 4412 Posts
Did this thread just been bump by a new user?
kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

WHAT WHAT WHAT!?!?

This just made my weekend a thousand times better!! :D