Does the Military check your medical record!

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

I don't think the military sounds the best career choice for you...

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

The military doesn't have the time or resources to check every single doctor's office in the country to see if you have some hidden medical record you didn't let your recruiter or MEPS know about. If you lie about taking Prozac they probably won't find out during the initial enlistment process.

But here is where you get fvcked: If sometime during your career you need a Secret or Top Secret clearance the Office of Personal Management is going to send a team of investigators out to interview all of your references, as well as some of your teachers and past employers. Thanks to Bradley Manning (who had a TS clearance before his arrest) they may go into even more detail now than they used to.

When one of the references you listed slips up and says "I'm so glad Johnny was able to get in with his depression and all' now they are going to start peeling back the onion. That SF86 you signed? Close to the end there is a medical release of information that gives them authorization to check your medical records if they need to.

When it comes down to it there are certain things that you can lie about that may not be a big deal and there are some things that just shouldn't be lied about. Nobody in the military cares that you still wet the bed after you turned 13 (yes, admitting to wetting the bed after 12 will disqualify you). But if you sleepwalk you don't want to lie about it because you might sleepwalk into a mine field or sleepwalk off of the edge of a ship in the ocean. Lie about having asthma and you just put your squad at risk trying to recover you from a firefight because you are having an asthma attack while being shot at.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] I hear BCT is like the ultimate fat camp. You can walk in like Jared Fogle and come out looking like Waldo. Fightingfan

Actually, no. I gained weight instead of losing them. I gained 10 lbs during the few months of basic. But, they're all muscle.

I both exerted a lot and pigged out. :lol:

What they feed you those MREs?

Strictly speaking for the Air Force when I went through back in the summer of 2010, we weren't eating MREs very often. We only ate them a few times when we were doing stuff like the gas chamber and CATM, but there was a week that we ate MREs for breakfast and lunch, which was of course BEAST week.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

Low body weight-- high bodyfat percentage, You've never heard of a skinny-fat person?

Fightingfan

The military will still put you on a scale and if you weigh too much for your height they check your body fat. The woman in your picture could get in but the same can't be said for a lot of other people who claim they are "big boned" or whatever. Most athletes who are considered overweight would make body fat because of their necks and muscle mass but others who are huge (to include some of the larger wrestlers and NFL players) would probably be rejected.

Going through basic training may get you into better shape, but the military wants you to be in some type of decent shape to begin with. Let some fat kid in and he isn't going to be able to keep up with the people who were in good shape, slowing everyone else down. A skinny kid who doesn't exercise either would probably fail too but almost all branches do a basic fitness test before they ship to training.

And to answer your other question, troops only get prostate exams after their 40th birthday. That won't apply to anybody enlisting for the first time (maximum age to join is 35 for the Army and 40 on the dot for the Air National Guard) unless they are a doctor getting an age waiver. It will apply for people already in who are getting their periodical exams.

Avatar image for Shattered-dream
Shattered-dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#55 Shattered-dream
Member since 2012 • 729 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

Actually, no. I gained weight instead of losing them. I gained 10 lbs during the few months of basic. But, they're all muscle.

Lord_Omikron666

Strictly speaking for the Air Force when I went through back in the summer of 2010, we weren't eating MREs very often. We only ate them a few times when we were doing stuff like the gas chamber and CATM, but there was a week that we ate MREs for breakfast and lunch, which was of course BEAST week.

I care aless about food I'm scared about it tho. 

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
They probably should
Scissorman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Scissorman88
Member since 2013 • 154 Posts

why the hell woulnd they check your medical records? do you realize what you're joining?

and you are in for a rude awakeing when you go to to basic

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Never lie but don't give extra information is what I've been told. 

The rest is up to you and instead of asking Gamespot, you should see the comments from military forums or other sources like Yahoo Answers.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

[QUOTE="Lord_Omikron666"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] What they feed you those MREs? Shattered-dream

Scared of what, the food itself or the lack of food you get to eat?

Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#60 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
The obvious answer is yes they will.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#61 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="Lord_Omikron666"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] What they feed you those MREs? Shattered-dream

Why aer you even trying to join the military?
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] I hear BCT is like the ultimate fat camp. You can walk in like Jared Fogle and come out looking like Waldo. Fightingfan

No. MREs was still in its first generation when I joined. The only thing MREs did for me was make my toilet droppings sink like a rock.  :lol:

I ate a lot of beef and pork. It didn't really seem like I was exercising a lot. But, all that PT and KP detail must've had an effect. At graduation, my cousins noticed I had bigger biceps and chest than the last time they saw me. When I checked my weight, I was about 10 lbs heavier.  

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

They will see the prozac in your urine in will immediately know about your problem...tocool340

I think Prozac doesn't show up in urine tests. But, it can give a false positive for drugs. Where Prozac is most likely to show is in blood tests.

gun65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 gun65
Member since 2004 • 3312 Posts

I'm not even sure, I dont think they do a very good job if they do. I had surguries in the past and didnt say anything about them but they never brought it up. My recruiter just told me not to say anything, in his words "tommrow your favorite word is no" :P but this was for the navy so I don't know how in depth the other branches go.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

[QUOTE="tocool340"]They will see the prozac in your urine in will immediately know about your problem...jun_aka_pekto

I think Prozac doesn't show up in urine tests. But, it can give a false positive for drugs. Where Prozac is most likely to show is in blood tests.

Right, I kinda got both test mixed up there...:P
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
I wouldn't be joining military if I was on Prozac. I don't think they will like it either.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#67 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Yeah, even law enforcement does.
Avatar image for Shattered-dream
Shattered-dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#68 Shattered-dream
Member since 2012 • 729 Posts

I'm not even sure, I dont think they do a very good job if they do. I had surguries in the past and didnt say anything about them but they never brought it up. My recruiter just told me not to say anything, in his words "tommrow your favorite word is no" :P but this was for the navy so I don't know how in depth the other branches go.gun65
So would you try it?