Does the Military check your medical record!

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Shattered-dream
Shattered-dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

User Lists: 0

#1 Shattered-dream
Member since 2012 • 729 Posts

Because I am on Prozac I lied to them and said I was not on any medication do they check? I have no options left I had to lie... So do they?

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Just lie, or play dumb.
Shattered-dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shattered-dream

Just lie, or play dumb.Fightingfan

'Already did,but I'm scared they will check them records and kick me out! 

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

You're going to take a piss test and they're going to find that in your urine. If you're on prozac, you shouldn't be joining the military.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
I don't know my stuff about the military, but... yes. I imagine that they check those kinds of records.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Just lie, or play dumb.Shattered-dream

'Already did,but I'm scared they will check them records and kick me out! 

Pretty sure they can't. I know a diagnosed schizophrenic that got in the army (and then got kicked out for being crazy, but they found out through his actions not his records)

Shattered-dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shattered-dream

You're going to take a piss test and they're going to find that in your urine. If you're on prozac, you shouldn't be joining the military.

airshocker

Is that on the list of things they check for?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Shattered-dream

They check for everything you aren't allowed to take. What the hell are you going to do when you're in basic and you get depressed? You can't get prozac while in basic training.

Do yourself a favor and tell your recruiter. The military will not treat you kindly if they have to medically discharge you because you lied to them.

Shattered-dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shattered-dream

[QUOTE="Shattered-dream"]

airshocker

They check for everything you aren't allowed to take. What the hell are you going to do when you're in basic and you get depressed? You can't get prozac while in basic training.

Do yourself a favor and tell your recruiter. The military will not treat you kindly if they have to medically discharge you because you lied to them.

I do fine without them. Lol and they can't get into my head trust me bro. I been yelled spit on and kicked off stage. And kicked out my old high school.

Shattered-dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shattered-dream

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

Shattered-dream

I do fine without them. Lol and they can't get into my head trust me bro. I been yelled spit on and kicked off stage. And kicked out my old high school.

A guy told me they won't pick that up in their system that was in the Military. So I think you are wrong he was on a depression med too!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Shattered-dream

If you do fine without them then why are you taking them...? Everyone says that before they get to basic training. You're in for a rude awakening, man.

Shattered-dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shattered-dream

airshocker

If you do fine without them then why are you taking them...? Everyone says that before they get to basic training. You're in for a rude awakening, man.

Well what can I do man I'm out of optiions.... I'm getting pressured in it I feel guitly for lying my dad is the cause what the heck can I do?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58410 Posts

pretty sure they do medical background checks, physicals, and maybe even psych evaluations at times.

had a coworker that got kicked out because they found out he was mildly (like, so mildly, he and everyone else didnt even notice) crosseyed.  My dad was not allowed in because he had a very small chance of developing a heart condition.  He is 72 now and has not had any issues yet.

So I imagine if youre on prozac you won't be allowed to serve.  I would also imagine it is difficult to get prescriptions in the middle of a warzone :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Well what can I do man I'm out of optiions.... I'm getting pressured in it I feel guitly for lying my dad is the cause what the heck can I do?

Shattered-dream

YOU LIED! LOL! You should feel guilty for it!

You're probably going to get caught, and if you think getting pressure from your family for lying is bad, wait until you have a drill instructor screaming in your face and making your life a living hell.

moneymatterz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 moneymatterz
Member since 2004 • 1139 Posts

I remember a time in OT when troll threads used to be good. Now we get s*** like this.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fightingfan
Hey Airshock do they give you a prostate exam as part of the physical before BCT?
Shattered-dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shattered-dream

airshocker

YOU LIED! LOL! You should feel guilty for it!

You're probably going to get caught, and if you think getting pressure from your family for lying is bad, wait until you have a drill instructor screaming in your face and making your life a living hell.

Lol yeah your right. But what if I get in fine and he was the one that made me lie not me....

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

I really doubt they care about/test for SSRIs... Considering everyone and their brother is depressed or crazy and tens of millions of Americans have been prescribed an SSRI at one point or another... Though in any case, probably not a good idea to start a career via deception.

EDIT: On second thought, you're f-cked.

From military.com FAQ:

"

What are the consequences for bringing prescribed anti-depression medication? 

Response 1: 

Anti depressants are disqualifying for 1 year after you stop taking them. You MUST stop with your doctors advice, DO NOT stop on your own. These medications often have to be reduced slowly to lower side effects and reduce risk of relapse. Once you are off and depression free for 1 year get copies of your treatment paperwork, including therapy notes and take them with you to your recruiter. They will submit the documents to MEPS for review. MEPS will either DQ you, allow you to physical and enlist, or allow you to physical with a waiver (most likely). 

Response 2: 

You'll need to bring my medical records from the doctor who prescribed the anti-depressants. You'll go to MEPS, take the ASVAB but your processing will be terminated at a certain point due to being honest about depression. Your records will be sent to the AF surgeon general's office for review. This supposedly takes between six weeks and three months -- mine took a full three months. 

If the waiver is granted, you'll be cleared to return to MEPS. On your return trip, they'll do a height/weight check then send you offsite to a psych consult. The doctor will then send his recommendation to MEPS where you will be reviewed further. This took nearly five weeks for me. 

If you are deemed fit for service, you will return to MEPS for job selection. Contrary to what I was initially told, depression rules out many jobs in the AF.

"

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
So...... In another you mention you take Prozac yet have panic attacks...... I would really reconsider joining the military if i were you.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fightingfan
Do the national guard bro.
Shattered-dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shattered-dream

So...... In another you mention you take Prozac yet have panic attacks...... I would really reconsider joining the military if i were you.Mafiree

yeah your right man! 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Hey Airshock do they give you a prostate exam as part of the physical before BCT? Fightingfan

No, but I entered a few years after 9/11, so things may have changed,

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Someone else said it, but the main reason you cannot be on Prozac or many other medications is because they have no way of getting you your meds when you are deployed.

bigfoot2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bigfoot2045
Member since 2012 • 732 Posts

As someone who has been through a military medical screening, I can tell you with certainty that they don't care. They just want to keep recruitment numbers up. In fact, when I went, the recruits were told to lie through their teeth during the medical screening and say they had no medical problems. Everyone on the planet has a medical problem of one kind or another, and the military will disqualify you for practically anything, even seasonal allergies. Just lie. Everyone does. 

Also, SSRIs don't show up in a urine drug screen, so unless you tell them, they'll never know. 

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Because I am on Prozac I lied to them and said I was not on any medication do they check? I have no options left I had to lie... So do they?

Shattered-dream

They do random drug tests out of the blue. Sooner or later, they'll find out.

bigfoot2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bigfoot2045

jun_aka_pekto

No they won't. SSRIs don't show up on a drug screen. 

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jun_aka_pekto

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

bigfoot2045

No they won't. SSRIs don't show up on a drug screen. 

It may not show up as Prozac. But, it may cause a false positive for amphetamines.

That's even worse. :lol:

bigfoot2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bigfoot2045

The way I see it, it's either lie (like everyone does about their medical history) and probably nothing happens. Or tell the truth and definitely get kicked out. 

If people were completely honest about their medical histories, the military would literally never be able to recruit anyone. 

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

airshocker
since when are you not for letting people w/ mental problems have access to firearms :P
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jun_aka_pekto

Besides the random drug tests, there's also the regular periodic physicals where they draw blood from you. They also draw blood for HIV tests. I never quite trusted those who administered them. You never know what they analyze the blood for besides, HIV, cholesterol level, uric acid levels, etc. 

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

Shattered-dream

Yeah that isn't going to stay a secret....
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
Scrolling through this thread gives me the impression the military might not be an ideal choice for you.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic
Scrolling through this thread gives me the impression the military might not be an ideal choice for you.Sajo7
My thoughts as well....
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fightingfan
Scrolling through this thread gives me the impression the military might not be an ideal choice for you.Sajo7
I hear BCT is like the ultimate fat camp. You can walk in like Jared Fogle and come out looking like Waldo.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
[QUOTE="Sajo7"]Scrolling through this thread gives me the impression the military might not be an ideal choice for you.Fightingfan
I hear BCT is like the ultimate fat camp. You can walk in like Jared Fogle and come out looking like Waldo.

Now there is a stimulus idea, offer basic to civilians at a nominal fee.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Sajo7"]Scrolling through this thread gives me the impression the military might not be an ideal choice for you.Fightingfan

You can't join if you're overweight.....
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jun_aka_pekto

Actually, no. I gained weight instead of losing them. I gained 10 lbs during the few months of basic. But, they're all muscle.

I both exerted a lot and pigged out. :lol:

SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SpartanMSU
Member since 2009 • 3440 Posts

Do the national guard bro. Fightingfan

Guard and Active go to basic together bro.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jun_aka_pekto

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="Sajo7"]Scrolling through this thread gives me the impression the military might not be an ideal choice for you.LJS9502_basic

Depends. They usually base your weight on what your height is. Some "overweight" people are actually very muscular. You know....the type who look like they can rip my head off and take a dump on my neck.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Do the national guard bro. SpartanMSU

Guard and Active go to basic together bro.

Yep. And Reserves.....
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

IDK if military is for you, brah.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Of Course they do. Medical Background and Physicals are one of the first things you do through. If you knowingly lied on an official Military form, you are probably subject to criminal charges. Dumb Decision.
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Yeah, you are probably screwed. You should just tell your recruiter. Tell him there was a misunderstanding and try to work something out.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fightingfan
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="Sajo7"]Scrolling through this thread gives me the impression the military might not be an ideal choice for you.LJS9502_basic

"overweight" is very vague; you can be a skinny fat person and join.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="Sajo7"]Scrolling through this thread gives me the impression the military might not be an ideal choice for you.jun_aka_pekto

Actually, no. I gained weight instead of losing them. I gained 10 lbs during the few months of basic. But, they're all muscle.

I both exerted a lot and pigged out. :lol:

What they feed you those MREs?
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

I gained about 10lbs as well, but as the other person mentioned, it was all muscle. It's not the MRE's either, it's the fact you are eating 3 squares a day and each meal is fairly high in calories. Breakfast, for instance, I would eat eggs, bacon, pancakes, grits...all sorts of stuff heh. Not that I didn't eat prior to the military, but as a young adult (19 when I joined), sometimes I would skip meals or wouldn't eat a really good breakfast.

Anyways agree with most here, it doesn't sound like boot camp is the place for you heh. Maybe you are telling the truth that you don't need to take them, but somehow I doubt it (why would you take them in the first place?).  It's not a laughing matter either, when I joined there were no less than 3 suicide attempts in basic, and I hear this is fairly common.  Most of these are kids who were pressured into the service and had some sort of mental instability.

Maybe you can get a low stress basic though like Relaxin' Jaxin' or something lol.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Not sure. When I went to tryout with the marines, I told my recruiting sergeant that I had a surgery when I was young to remove something cancerous in my body. He did his own research and found out about it, but told me to lie about that medical detail to his superior officer so there wouldn't be a problem while they examine me to see if I'm physically fit to be a marine. But, considering I never went through the swearing, I guess they found out and decided not to recruit me. It could be the fact that I still have the surgical scar on my body, but I thought I crafted up a good enough lie since I have a similar looking scar cause by a wall-mounted hangar.... But in your case, it should be even easier for them to find out since you will need to take a urine test. They will see the prozac in your urine in will immediately know about your problem...
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] I hear BCT is like the ultimate fat camp. You can walk in like Jared Fogle and come out looking like Waldo.

That doesn't make sense....
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#49 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] You can't join if you're overweight.....

skinny person inside a fat person's body?
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] You can't join if you're overweight.....LJS9502_basic

Low body weight-- high bodyfat percentage, You've never heard of a skinny-fat person?

skinny-fat-female-model.jpg