Does Everyone think Australia is a joke?

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

solidte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 solidte
Member since 2005 • 3616 Posts
Seriously, the media make us look like a bunch a people riding kangaroos around Ayers Rock (that giant rock thing). I live in Australia and I don't even think I have seen a Kangaroo except for in the zoo. I mean honestly, what do you think of Australia?
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
Even though they have irrational hate for the UK i think it's a pretty kl place. Lots of comedy and dramatic landscape = win.
EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EmpCom
Member since 2005 • 3451 Posts
Dont know what media your watching etc
HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts
everyone knows u folk down under are the UK's criminals who eat quala bear and have boxing matches with kangaoos whilst surfing on a crocodiles. Yea, you guys rule!
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
They stayed loyal to the empire until the very end....something that can't be said whe nit comes to *other* nations :x
Avatar image for Jack-o-Thompson
Jack-o-Thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jack-o-Thompson
Member since 2007 • 2166 Posts
Everytime I see Australia on TV its always kangaroos and koala bears running around with giant spiders. The only time I've seen the actual city part is on the olympics or on americas next top model (I was forced to watch it lol)
solidte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 solidte

They stayed loyal to the empire until the very end....something that can't be said whe nit comes to *other* nations :xjointed

Well, technically we are still part of the empire we don't give any of our money to them or anything. We signed some paper and abrakadabra we pretty much are independent, no need for any wars.

qwertyoip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 qwertyoip
Member since 2007 • 1681 Posts
what do you think of Australia?solidte
Chock full of awesome pplz. You guyz rok
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
I hear the sushi is good there. And shrimps on the barbie!
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
All I know is that Australia is home to Yatzhee (of Zero Punctuation) and Yatzhee is awesome.
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts
Everytime I see Australia on TV its always kangaroos and koala bears running around with giant spiders. The only time I've seen the actual city part is on the olympics or on americas next top model (I was forced to watch it lol)Jack-o-Thompson
thats because there is GIANT spiders here duh!
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sAndroid17
Seriously, the media make us look like a bunch a people riding kangaroos around Ayers Rock (that giant rock thing). I live in Australia and I don't even think I have seen a Kangaroo except for in the zoo. I mean honestly, what do you think of Australia?solidte
what media have you been watching?? what part of Aus are you from, because i can seriously look in my back yard and see a Kangaroo, and i live in the city(basicly)
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 cyberdarkkid
Member since 2007 • 16777 Posts
Not as mush as Canada :P
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

They stayed loyal to the empire until the very end....something that can't be said whe nit comes to *other* nations :xjointed
To a lot of us that isn't exactly a good thing. If it were up to me I would remove the Union Jack from the flag and replace it with the Eureka flag.

Anyway, I'm Australian but I'm not exactly happy with things in this country, but I dont think I want to leave it any time soon. Hell I hardly wanna leave the state, not much worth seeing outside of Melbourne.

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 freek666

[QUOTE="Jack-o-Thompson"]Everytime I see Australia on TV its always kangaroos and koala bears running around with giant spiders. The only time I've seen the actual city part is on the olympics or on americas next top model (I was forced to watch it lol)sAndroid17

Did you ever see the image of the giant spider that was caught eating a bird? It was bigger than the damn bird. The same place the photo was taken I spent a week on holidays in recently, and I saw one. I had a bet going with a friend that if I saw one, I would punch it. It was a quick punch though :P It was about 2/3 of the size of the big one, about the size of my hand outstretched.

obsolete2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 obsolete2k1
Member since 2007 • 990 Posts
what's with the low national self-esteem and image problems? yesterday someone was crying about Canada being a joke and now Australia? who cares what others think, it is usually just american media that make fun, and that's like getting made fun of by Sloth from Goonies.
cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 cyberdarkkid
Member since 2007 • 16777 Posts

[QUOTE="sAndroid17"][QUOTE="Jack-o-Thompson"]Everytime I see Australia on TV its always kangaroos and koala bears running around with giant spiders. The only time I've seen the actual city part is on the olympics or on americas next top model (I was forced to watch it lol)freek666

Did you ever see the image of the giant spider that was caught eating a bird? It was bigger than the damn bird. The same place the photo was taken I spent a week on holidays in recently, and I saw one. I had a bet going with a friend that if I saw one, I would punch it. It was a quick punch though :P It was about 2/3 of the size of the big one, about the size of my hand outstretched.

Did its health bar go down a little after that punch? :o
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sAndroid17

[QUOTE="sAndroid17"][QUOTE="Jack-o-Thompson"]Everytime I see Australia on TV its always kangaroos and koala bears running around with giant spiders. The only time I've seen the actual city part is on the olympics or on americas next top model (I was forced to watch it lol)freek666

haha thats crazy! there as big as Dinner plates. its insane, we get them at my mums house in QLD its soooo scary to find one and the Hiss, like snakes!
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 freek666
[QUOTE="freek666"]

[QUOTE="sAndroid17"] thats because there is GIANT spiders here duh!
cyberdarkkid

Did its health bar go down a little after that punch? :o

It was a critical hit so it died. It also dropped 40 GP. With this I was able to buy a Long Sword, Leather Armor and a Small Shield. No more punching for me ;)
mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mysterylobster
Member since 2004 • 1932 Posts
It's not a joke, just a waste of time. I find it strange that every 10 years or so, America goes Australia Crazy. I remember when we all went mad over Crocodile Dundee, then Yahoo Serious.
KingNinjaFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KingNinjaFist
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

Seriously, the media make us look like a bunch a people riding kangaroos around Ayers Rock (that giant rock thing). I live in Australia and I don't even think I have seen a Kangaroo except for in the zoo. I mean honestly, what do you think of Australia?solidte

Ummmmmmmm well idk what you on about but there are lots of Kangaroos i have one as a pet lol

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 freek666
It's not a joke, just a waste of time. I find it strange that every 10 years or so, America goes Australia Crazy. I remember when we all went mad over Crocodile Dundee, then Yahoo Serious. mysterylobster
I'm Australian and I dont even know what the hell this Yahoo Serious is. Then again some people say I'm "unpatriotic" and I was nicknamed "Australia Hater" in english, so what would I know?
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#23 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts

The media makes you look like people riding kangaroos? Where the hell is this media exactly?

solidte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 solidte

[QUOTE="solidte"]Seriously, the media make us look like a bunch a people riding kangaroos around Ayers Rock (that giant rock thing). I live in Australia and I don't even think I have seen a Kangaroo except for in the zoo. I mean honestly, what do you think of Australia?sAndroid17
what media have you been watching?? what part of Aus are you from, because i can seriously look in my back yard and see a Kangaroo, and i live in the city(basicly)

I live in the city, a city with 4 million people in it, Melbourne, where the hell do you live?

EDIT: And no kangaroo in sight

mysterylobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mysterylobster
Member since 2004 • 1932 Posts
[QUOTE="mysterylobster"]It's not a joke, just a waste of time. I find it strange that every 10 years or so, America goes Australia Crazy. I remember when we all went mad over Crocodile Dundee, then Yahoo Serious. freek666
I'm Australian and I dont even know what the hell this Yahoo Serious is. Then again some people say I'm "unpatriotic" and I was nicknamed "Australia Hater" in english, so what would I know?

Yahoo is one of your most celebrated auteurs. What do they teach you in Australian schools?
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 freek666
[QUOTE="freek666"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]It's not a joke, just a waste of time. I find it strange that every 10 years or so, America goes Australia Crazy. I remember when we all went mad over Crocodile Dundee, then Yahoo Serious. mysterylobster

Yahoo is one of your most celebrated auteurs.

I see. *goes on wikipedia* Oh.
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sAndroid17

[QUOTE="sAndroid17"][QUOTE="solidte"]Seriously, the media make us look like a bunch a people riding kangaroos around Ayers Rock (that giant rock thing). I live in Australia and I don't even think I have seen a Kangaroo except for in the zoo. I mean honestly, what do you think of Australia?solidte

I live in the city, a city with 4 million people in it, Melbourne, where the hell do you live?

Hobart, But i lived in Melbourne for a few months, you dont have to travel very far to see Kangaroos there. Im from Brisbane originaly and theres Kangaroos "in" the City there. so i really have no idea what your talking about, maybe you should leave your house.....:|
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 freek666
[QUOTE="solidte"]

[QUOTE="sAndroid17"] what media have you been watching?? what part of Aus are you from, because i can seriously look in my back yard and see a Kangaroo, and i live in the city(basicly)sAndroid17

Hobart, But i lived in Melbourne for a few months, you dont have to travel very far to see Kangaroos there. Im from Brisbane originaly and theres Kangaroos "in" the City there. so i really have no idea what your talking about, maybe you should leave your house.....:|

Theres a Kangaroo on the side of the road near my house. Aint Skippy no more.
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sAndroid17

[QUOTE="mysterylobster"]It's not a joke, just a waste of time. I find it strange that every 10 years or so, America goes Australia Crazy. I remember when we all went mad over Crocodile Dundee, then Yahoo Serious. freek666

get out of my country you Äustralia Hater" you!!!!! :P

sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sAndroid17
[QUOTE="sAndroid17"][QUOTE="solidte"]

freek666

Theres a Kangaroo on the side of the road near my house. Aint Skippy no more.

and your from Melbourne yeah?
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 freek666

[QUOTE="freek666"][QUOTE="mysterylobster"]It's not a joke, just a waste of time. I find it strange that every 10 years or so, America goes Australia Crazy. I remember when we all went mad over Crocodile Dundee, then Yahoo Serious. sAndroid17

It's funny how it all happened though. We were doing a unit on patriotism in my english class and how it affects the media and stuff. We were meant to come up with all this work representing what we think about Australia, what represents it to you, what is great about it. Anyway, I didnt do a single thing. But I came up with an ingenious plan. When the teacher asked what I had I said "uh nothing because frankly I can't see anything good about Australia." She is also a philosophy teacher, so she was probably happy I had a different opinion. So I explained some stuff which I wasnt happy with, which was stupid but it worked and I got out of work :P

Actually I did get something, the song Australian and Anti Christ by Destroyer 666, and for my exam when we had to do an essay on the topic I referenced it. I think I've got to be the first person to referance a death metal song in an english essay and get above 90% for it.

And yeah I'm a Melbournite, repping the Northern Suburbs. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
I like Australia. One of the few first world countries that is very friendly to americans.
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sAndroid17
[QUOTE="freek666"][QUOTE="sAndroid17"]

I'm Australian and I dont even know what the hell this Yahoo Serious is. Then again some people say I'm "unpatriotic" and I was nicknamed "Australia Hater" in english, so what would I know?freek666

It's funny how it all happened though. We were doing a unit on patriotism in my english class and how it affects the media and stuff. We were meant to come up with all this work representing what we think about Australia, what represents it to you, what is great about it. Anyway, I didnt do a single thing. But I came up with an ingenious plan. When the teacher asked what I had I said "uh nothing because frankly I can't see anything good about Australia." She is also a philosophy teacher, so she was probably happy I had a different opinion. So I explained some stuff which I wasnt happy with, which was stupid but it worked and I got out of work :P

Actually I did get something, the song Australian and Anti Christ by Destroyer 666, and for my exam when we had to do an essay on the topic I referenced it. I think I've got to be the first person to referance a death metal song in an english essay and get above 90% for it.

hahaha, nice work:P kinda reminds me of the time i got out of doing music fro 2 years, i was playing sax at the start of year 7 , so you had to wash your reeds in anti bac water, and i claimed i would get Menigococal from it, and kicked up a fuss and got out of it for 2 years :P if only i had "wanted" to play guitar back then :(
lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lancelot200
Member since 2005 • 61977 Posts
It's probably like the UK with kangaroos and koala bears.
solidte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 solidte

[QUOTE="solidte"]

[QUOTE="sAndroid17"] what media have you been watching?? what part of Aus are you from, because i can seriously look in my back yard and see a Kangaroo, and i live in the city(basicly)sAndroid17

Mabye a few hours of a drive out of the Melbourne but definitely not in the urban areas. And I went to Brisbane and the Gold Coast last year, and I mean in the city, and I still saw no kangaroos. I'm really baffled at what your saying, mabye you should open your eyes a little wider.

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 freek666
hahaha, nice work:P kinda reminds me of the time i got out of doing music fro 2 years, i was playing sax at the start of year 7 , so you had to wash your reeds in anti bac water, and i claimed i would get Menigococal from it, and kicked up a fuss and got out of it for 2 years :P if only i had "wanted" to play guitar back then :(sAndroid17
Yeah, I should've done the same with bass, but I didnt start too late, just those 2 years previous would've been nice.
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sAndroid17
[QUOTE="solidte"]

Mabye a few hours of a drive out of the Melbourne but definitely not in the urban areas. And I went to Brisbane and the Gold Coast last year, and I mean in the city, and I still saw no kangaroos. I'm really baffled at what your saying, mabye you should open your eyes a little wider.

lol wut? i SEE Kangaroos, its you that should open your eyes lol and you can see them in The Burbs of Melbourne
HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts
um..no they didn't...australia's always been trying to break away
Avatar image for Clean_Water_Mmm
Clean_Water_Mmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 Clean_Water_Mmm
Member since 2008 • 168 Posts
I think most countries get made fun of in one way or another. Its nothing personal, i mean of coarse thiers more to Austrailia than "Throw some shrimp on the barbie." and "A Dingo ate your babie."
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I like the people from there I havent been there and really want to see it
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
I like the people from there I havent been there and really want to see it raylewisnfl52
This, also.
snakes_codec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 snakes_codec
Member since 2008 • 2754 Posts

[QUOTE="jointed"]They stayed loyal to the empire until the very end....something that can't be said whe nit comes to *other* nations :xHybridPhoenix

from what i hear there still loyal to the Queen all there referendums in the past have been shot down by a big margin .

sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sAndroid17

[QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"][QUOTE="jointed"]They stayed loyal to the empire until the very end....something that can't be said whe nit comes to *other* nations :xsnakes_codec

from what i hear there still loyal to the Queen all there referendums in the past have been shot down by a big margin .

i swear its rigged, no one i have EVER spoken to about it wants to be part of the Empire :P
tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 tycoonmike
Member since 2005 • 6082 Posts
I never did understand the whole rivalry between New Zealand and you guys, but I've always wanted to visit Australia.
Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hungry_bunny
Member since 2006 • 14293 Posts
A joke? Far from it. I want to visit it sometimes and the people that are living there seem cool enough. Sure, we mostly only see wild-life shows from there but that doesn't mean that we think that all Australians know how to wrestle alligators. :P
solidte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 solidte
[QUOTE="solidte"]

[QUOTE="sAndroid17"]Hobart, But i lived in Melbourne for a few months, you dont have to travel very far to see Kangaroos there. Im from Brisbane originaly and theres Kangaroos "in" the City there. so i really have no idea what your talking about, maybe you should leave your house.....:|sAndroid17

lol wut? i SEE Kangaroos, its you that should open your eyes lol and you can see them in The Burbs of Melbourne

Are you sure your not talking about your dog in your backyard? Is this is a joke? Because seriously I have no idea what your talking about.

sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sAndroid17
A joke? Far from it. I want to visit it sometimes and the people that are living there seem cool enough. Sure, we mostly only see wild-life shows from there but that doesn't mean that we think that all Australians know how to wrestle alligators. :PHungry_bunny
um...its Crocodiles :P we dont get Alligators, and Crocs are way more Vicious than Alligators !
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sAndroid17

solidte

Are you sure your not talking about your dog in your backyard? Is this is a joke? Because seriously I have no idea what your talking about.

um seriously?? freek666 is from Melbourne, and in his post he said there was a Kangaroo as roadkill, so there is obviously Kangaroos in Melbourne. so seriously, get out of your house! you make me ashamed to be an Australian
Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Hungry_bunny
Member since 2006 • 14293 Posts
[QUOTE="Hungry_bunny"]A joke? Far from it. I want to visit it sometimes and the people that are living there seem cool enough. Sure, we mostly only see wild-life shows from there but that doesn't mean that we think that all Australians know how to wrestle alligators. :PsAndroid17
um...its Crocodiles :P we dont get Alligators, and Crocs are way more Vicious than Alligators !

Are you sure, alligators seem to be smaller and more agile >_> you might be able to handle crocs, but not the alligators :P
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts
Hmmm.... I can't remember the last time I heard Australia mentioned on TV or newspapers... You're just australians to me... Having kangaroos in your back yard :P