Doctor Who series 8 discussion *SPOILERS*

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

@korvus said:

@SaintLeonidas: err...ok.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

@GazaAli said:

If I do that I won't be interjecting myself randomly into the show right? And I'll also be able to follow the plot and make sense of it hopefully.

There were some pretty big changes to the history of the character between the 8th (from the mid-90's) and 9th (2005) Doctor that are alluded to early on in the 2005 series, but get explained in more detail as the show went on; but what it did was make it so the character was pretty much starting anew when the series relaunched. So, when you watch the 2005 relaunch it is essentially like starting a whole new show. Things will pop up - villains, characters, plot devices - from the earlier series but they are all explained.

This sounds encouraging enough fortunately. I think I'll get to watching soon enough seeing how I'm about to catch up with Boardwalk Empire and I've already caught with homeland. Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated :)

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:
Jenna Coleman, acting wise, just might be the most talented companion of the newer series and I REALLY hope rumors of her leaving during the Christmas special aren't true. I'd love at least one more series with her now that she has been more fully developed.

While I do like how Clara improved a lot over this season, I can't wait to see how a new companion would interact with this version of the Doctor. He's so different from the last three so I'm really looking forward to that introduction.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

I personally would like to see a series with Capaldi on his own. I think he would do well in telling the story of the doctor in that situation.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59079 Posts

Decent final. Kinda felt rushed though, and probably would have benefited from another part.

I liked the ending was on a down note rather than a perfectly wrapped up everyone lived happily ever after. Gomez as the master was also great, but didn't get enough screen time imo.

Some of the shit in it was really stupid. And I'm generally a person who lets it slide 99% of the time. Taking her handcuffs off, doing her lips then going up behind her while the guards looked blankly into space. Wtf was that shit about? Scene probably would have been better if she just grabbed her when she was close.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56  Edited By harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Not the best finale, but I liked how it tied several storylines and themes from the season together nicely. It was pretty good. And Clara is pregnant.. right? right?

Also.. Nick Frost!!

@uninspiredcup said:

Decent final. Kinda felt rushed though, and probably would have benefited from another part.

The episode was 56 minutes, that's 12 minutes more than usual. It didn't really feel rushed to me.

@uninspiredcup said:
Taking her handcuffs off, doing her lips then going up behind her while the guards looked blankly into space. Wtf was that shit about? Scene probably would have been better if she just grabbed her when she was close.

Yeah wtf was that? Were the guards sleeping?

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Exciting and emotional finale.

Looks like this was the last episode for Clara. Shame because I really grew to love her, though it wasn't unexpected considering her arc this series. Interested to see what they do next.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58  Edited By Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

Ugh, terribly upset that Clara leaving the show turned out to be true. She grew to become my favourite companion. If Missy is gone for good now too then that's more fuel to the fire. She was fantastic in this episode.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#59 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59079 Posts

She will be in the Christmas episode apparently.

Be really, really surprised if they just left her on that note. It's a childrens show, not trying to give the little blighters depression.