Do you like the taste of alcohol?

• 58 results
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you like the taste of alcohol? (55 votes)

Yes 44%
No 56%

.. or you think you do, but you're actually into it for other reasons (buzz, socializing, peer pressure, confidence builder, an excuse to act out of character, etc...)?

A lot of people believe they genuinely do enjoy the taste. Some would even go in length eloquently describing how they like it (on the rocks, shaken not stirred, etc..) and the pleasant notes and flavors they get out of their favorite drinks.

And they might be right. But to truly know the answer to whether or not alcohol taste is likable, you could apply a simple cognitive test that could help you mentally separate the taste from the social / buzz experience.

The cognitive test is answering the question: Would you enjoy, and frequently seek the experience, of drinking an exact-taste but alcohol-free (i.e. no buzz) replica of your favorite alcohol beverage at home alone while watching TV / relaxing /etc.. ?

Try the above thought experiment with friends / family and see what interesting results you might get.

• 
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#51  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

To be honest, I don't. Drinking can be fun but I'm certainly not doing it for the taste, wine, wine coolers and certain vodka's can be quite nice however also margarita's.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#52 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3660 Posts

No as I don't drink. Tried it once but didn't like the taste of alcohol.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

To be honest, I don't. Drinking can be fun but I'm certainly not doing it for the taste, wine, wine coolers and certain vodka's can be quite nice however also margarita's.

I suggest trying Southern Comfort straight if you would like to start enjoying the taste. It's a liquour, but it's a good jumping off point to enjoying bourbon.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Serraph105 said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I suggest trying Southern Comfort straight if you would like to start enjoying the taste. It's a liquour, but it's a good jumping off point to enjoying bourbon.

Yeah from what I understand of southern comfort it's made with fruit so it sounds like something I'd enjoy. I also want to give rum a try some time.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Yes I like a variety of alcohol. For example, I like Scotch whisky, American whisky, and cognac, as well as champagne and red wine. I'm very picky on beers though. I do like corona, mike's hard lemonade, innis and gunn, and stella artois but everything else tastes like "meh" or "shit" but I haven't tried every beer so I may find something else enjoyable.

As to why I drink, I like to drink whenever I can which is extremely rare to begin with and I do like the taste and smell of hard liquor; however, I don't usually go out to drink.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Yes. Half the fun of drinking is discovery delicious new drinks!

If you aren't enjoying the taste of your drink, you are doing it wrong!

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Yes. Dark rum (plain or spiced) and a decent cider or proper beer (don't really like many lagers). I don't drink that often these days but when I do I'll buy something decent quality.

Pretty shocked by the poll really!