Do you hate your father?

• 185 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xvmdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 xvmdg
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts
I like to think that we get along fine.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#152 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts
I don't hate him. I just don't like him. I don't really talk to him either even though we live in the same house.
a-c-slater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 a-c-slater
Member since 2007 • 900 Posts

I hate mine because I'm alot like him but anyone like him doesn't get along at all. Do you hate your father because I want to know if it's normal. I'm thirteen, did you hate you father when you where about my age?sexy-hippo

lol emo kid hates hid dad.

double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#154 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
I lost my father not long ago, I never hated him and I miss him very much.
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#155 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

[QUOTE="sexy-hippo"]I hate mine because I'm alot like him but anyone like him doesn't get along at all. Do you hate your father because I want to know if it's normal. I'm thirteen, did you hate you father when you where about my age?a-c-slater

lol emo kid hates hid dad.

Kids hate many things. It's their hobby.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#156 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
I lost my father not long ago, I never hated him and I miss him very much.double_decker
Sorry for your loos. At least it seems like you appreciated him while he was around, unlike this kid. All parents are annoying at some point.
a-c-slater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 a-c-slater
Member since 2007 • 900 Posts

I lost my father not long ago, I never hated him and I miss him very much.espoac

Yeah the ungrateful TC doesn't deserve a dad! The dad should be taken away and given to you!

astiop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 astiop
Member since 2005 • 3582 Posts
Well, my parents are divorced and my dad is not the best one arround and not a great inspiration for me, but I don't hate him or dislike him by any means.
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
Sorry for your loos. At least it seems like you appreciated him while he was around, unlike this kid. All parents are annoying at some point.espoac
My dad was a good man, and taught me how to treat people the right way... the way you want treated yourself. He also taught me how to cook and be self sufficient. He gave me love and provided. Sure he had rules, and gave me discipline. But I was lucky, appreciated and sure it hurt to lose him so early, but he knew I loved him and I knew he did me. It hurts like hell, but feels good to have been so lucky just the same.
DocsDeLorean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 DocsDeLorean
Member since 2004 • 2532 Posts

[QUOTE="sexy-hippo"]I hate mine because I'm alot like him but anyone like him doesn't get along at all. Do you hate your father because I want to know if it's normal. I'm thirteen, did you hate you father when you where about my age?MagnumPI

All kids hate their fathers. If he's a good dad they do. "Dad I wanna play with dynamite." says child. "No." says dad. "But IWANNA I WANNA! I HATE YOU, I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!"exclaims son as he runs away crying.. like a little girl.

Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.  What you're describing there is a father that spoils his
child to the point where they think they can do whatever they want.  Not quite a father of the year.  If that father was anything
decent, the kid would be asking for something alot more realistic in the first place and they would agree on something that
would make father and son (or daughter) both happy.  I am very grateful my dad had the patience to sit down with me and
show me the ups and downs of what I did in life.  If I wanted a new video game before Christmas or my birthday, I wouldn't
beg like a brat for it, he would tell me what I could do to get it by reminding me  to save up my allowance or by reminding me 
that there was extra chores around the house I could do to earn extra money.  Or he would take me to the game store and
let me trade in my old games.  But before I did that, he made sure that I knew that once I traded a game in, it was gone for 
good. 
He was very good at showing me the ups and downs of stuff.  I always listened to him and he always listened to me.  Because
of that, we never drove each other away.  He never flipped out when I had a question and never brushed me away during
a TV show he was watching or something else he was doing.  But because he was so damn nice like that, I would have the 
respect to let him finish what he was in the middle of rather than interupt.  He knew this and would extend me the same
courtesy.  If I was playing video games in my room with a friend, he would not come in and interupt.  He waited until I was 
done and then asked me to do the dishes.  And I would do the dishes without complaining.  And the next day he would take 
me to the local Blockbuster when there was something I wanted to rent without complaining.  I really wish other kids could
have the same kind of relatonship me and my dad had when I was growing up and the kind we have now that we're
both adults.   
ArmoredAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#161 ArmoredAshes
Member since 2005 • 4025 Posts
i used to really dislike my step father...but anymore whne anyone does something seemingly mean i tend to look a little deeper and there's usally some sort of reason. As to my biological father i couldnt tell you seeing as ive never met him
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 MagnumPI
[QUOTE="MagnumPI"]

[QUOTE="sexy-hippo"]I hate mine because I'm alot like him but anyone like him doesn't get along at all. Do you hate your father because I want to know if it's normal. I'm thirteen, did you hate you father when you where about my age?MetalGearRex007

All kids hate their fathers. If he's a good dad they do. "Dad I wanna play with dynamite." says child. "No." says dad. "But IWANNA I WANNA! I HATE YOU, I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!"exclaims son as he runs away crying.. like a little girl.

Yeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.  What you're describing there is a father that spoils his
child to the point where they think they can do whatever they want.  Not quite a father of the year.  If that father was anything
decent, the kid would be asking for something alot more realistic in the first place and they would agree on something that
would make father and son (or daughter) both happy.  I am very grateful my dad had the patience to sit down with me and
show me the ups and downs of what I did in life.  If I wanted a new video game before Christmas or my birthday, I wouldn't
beg like a brat for it, he would tell me what I could do to get it by reminding me  to save up my allowance or by reminding me 
that there was extra chores around the house I could do to earn extra money.  Or he would take me to the game store and
let me trade in my old games.  But before I did that, he made sure that I knew that once I traded a game in, it was gone for 
good. 
He was very good at showing me the ups and downs of stuff.  I always listened to him and he always listened to me.  Because
of that, we never drove each other away.  He never flipped out when I had a question and never brushed me away during
a TV show he was watching or something else he was doing.  But because he was so damn nice like that, I would have the 
respect to let him finish what he was in the middle of rather than interupt.  He knew this and would extend me the same
courtesy.  If I was playing video games in my room with a friend, he would not come in and interupt.  He waited until I was 
done and then asked me to do the dishes.  And I would do the dishes without complaining.  And the next day he would take 
me to the local Blockbuster when there was something I wanted to rent without complaining.  I really wish other kids could
have the same kind of relatonship me and my dad had when I was growing up and the kind we have now that we're
both adults.   

Oh, Okay. Thanks for missing the point and solving that mind boggling mystery lieutenantColumbo. Did you ask some questions?

Wemhim256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Wemhim256
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts
My dad's okay, however, I'm not very decent when it comes to human relations. I'm not very social, I haven't formed a friendly relationship, nor tried to form a female-male relationship, for four years. Maybe I just need to meet someone who isn't an arse, but as of now, humans just aren't my cup of tea, maybe that'll change though. In other words, I don't love or hate anyone, some people just annoy me, and others don't.
blackrytonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#164 blackrytonite
Member since 2006 • 17172 Posts

No, I don't hate anyone.

I'm not sure what a father really is, to be honest. My parents got a divorce when I was two, and so we went through some rough times. My mother had to work full-time and I was always left with a babysitter.....that I didn't particularly like. I had some abandonment issues. Then at four, out of no where, my mom meets this guy, half a month later they're married. I don't remember much, but I do remember how harsh he was. Yelling and threatening and other stuff. When he was "nice", I couldn't tell if he was joking or being serious. He would joke around, I would try to joke with him and he got mad at me. I stopped attempting a relationship. It always seems so funny how people are around others, full of fun and jokes, then at home it's a different story. Eventually, after a few years my mom was able to get him to back off. She would tell my sister and I that he did love us, but he sure had a funny way of showing it. It's been almost eleven years and I'm still not comfortable around him, and there is no way I can talk to him. As for my real dad, I haven't seen him in four years. He's never bothered to come visit us, in all this time. We always had to drive to visit him.

That was nice to get out:P I became indifferent a while ago. It's so much easier to just not care.

MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 MagnumPI

The media & sitcomsportray unrealistic expectations of a family. Both my mother & father worked full time. I never saw much of them. My dad was always busy evern while off of work. He usually ignored me, but he wasalways there to discipline and always knew what I was up to and when I got in trouble. My mom never payed much attention to any of us either.

But what do you expect? Are they supposed to pay attention the childall of the time? They have an agenda and lif too. Kids just happen. I'm notsure what people expect a parent to be. A parent is merely and instructor and a guardian. People watch too many half hour fantasies. Hate & love are irrelevant.

DocsDeLorean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 DocsDeLorean
Member since 2004 • 2532 Posts

The media & sitcomsportray unrealistic expectations of a family. Both my mother & father worked full time. I never saw much of them. My dad was always busy evern while off of work. He usually ignored me, but he wasalways there to discipline and always knew what I was up to and when I got in trouble. My mom never payed much attention to any of us either.

But what do you expect? Are they supposed to pay attention the childall of the time? They have an agenda and lif too. Kids just happen. I'm notsure what people expect a parent to be. A parent is merely and instructor and a guardian. People watch too many half hour fantasies. Hate & love are irrelevant.

MagnumPI

Well, I'd try to explain to you again why I think you're wrong, but then I don't think I could take another insult like being called "Lieutenant Columbo".

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
I get mad at him a lot, but I'm far from hating him.
pink_floyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 pink_floyd123
Member since 2006 • 1334 Posts
Yes, let me explain why though. I've tried to put up with him for the longest time but he never seems to understand me. From day one he yells at me for every little thing I do. I know not to yell back because that only makes things worse but he acts like a 12 year old by saying things just to try to get me mad, it seems like his goal is to make me angry. I'm only 15 so I don't know everything about the world but I'm pretty sure it's not right that he's yelled at me for the way I eat my cereal. I'm an introvert and I talk at school but I need to be alone sometimes at home and he just doesn't understand even after I tell him and politely hint at him to leave me alone. I'll be laying on the couch and he'll come and start talking to me and he'll ask me why I'm not talking much and I'll just say that I just want to practice guitar or lay here. If he's in a bad mood he'll be offended and ground me or if he's in a nice mood he'll ask what's wrong and I'll say "nothing" but he won't believe me and keep asking (if you are an introvert too, you will know how annoying this is). Anyways, I'm not in the mood to be mad at people so I won't go into too much detail but he's basically the reason for my depression/anxiety/insomnia and I hate him more than anything.
Devvy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#169 Devvy01
Member since 2006 • 14018 Posts
What a stupid thread.. Keep your personal problems to yourself. There's no NO excuse for yelling at someone. You work it out, that's what families are all about.
Flow4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Flow4U
Member since 2007 • 1529 Posts
I love my dad, I just didnt like the beating he gave, but he said it was because he loved me :(
Toshan1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Toshan1337
Member since 2006 • 670 Posts

[QUOTE="lord_mordain"] Every kid instantly hates their parents at the age of 13...

It's biological or something...

But once you're not a kid anymore, you'll get over it.
VetteMan85

I never hated my parents.

Me neither.

Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#172 Happy_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 4895 Posts
I didn't realise this was Complainaboutyourparentsspot. Guess I'm at the wrong site. :|
kinger256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#173 kinger256
Member since 2005 • 1770 Posts
Sometimes i hate and sometimes i love.
Flow4U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Flow4U
Member since 2007 • 1529 Posts
I didn't realise this was Complainaboutyourparentsspot. Guess I'm at wrong site. :|Happy_Cloud
Yes you are, now get out :evil:
pink_floyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 pink_floyd123
Member since 2006 • 1334 Posts

I didn't realise this was Complainaboutyourparentsspot. Guess I'm at wrong site. :|Happy_Cloud

Note that we're in the off-topic forum. There are plenty of other forums for talking about games.

dayaccus007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 dayaccus007
Member since 2007 • 4349 Posts
No I don't, I love him.
Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#177 Happy_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 4895 Posts

[QUOTE="Happy_Cloud"]I didn't realise this was Complainaboutyourparentsspot. Guess I'm at wrong site. :|pink_floyd123

Note that we're in the off-topic forum. There are plenty of other forums for talking about games.

Yeah, but my point is that I tend to see a lot of these kinds of threads.

Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts
Nope. We don't really see eye to eye on anything, but he's really direct with me when something needs to be discussed...thats a quality that not nearly enough people have.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
not really, he's a decent man...
lil_yazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 lil_yazz
Member since 2007 • 127 Posts

I like my dad

Sandro909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Sandro909
Member since 2004 • 15221 Posts
I'm 17 and I love both my parents.
trigun3x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 trigun3x
Member since 2004 • 1987 Posts
the only person in the world i hate is my father, but you'll have to understand me before you'll understand the reason
muppet1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 muppet1010
Member since 2006 • 5812 Posts
I get angry with him now anda gain but i dont hate him... I love my daddy :)
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#184 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
Not remotely.
TheManWithAPS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 TheManWithAPS2
Member since 2005 • 2378 Posts
Nope. Never have, never will.
RogerC44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#186 RogerC44
Member since 2006 • 2504 Posts

I love my dad.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 HandsomeDead
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts
Not hate, just indifference.
Avatar image for Silver_Dragon17
Silver_Dragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#188 Silver_Dragon17
Member since 2007 • 6205 Posts
I hate my step-father. Lazy, stinking, drug abusing, farting, burping, drinking, genital-fondling, piece of crap redneck.
Avatar image for bebopoutlaw3gun
bebopoutlaw3gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 bebopoutlaw3gun
Member since 2004 • 5584 Posts

I haven't said 20 words to him in the past four years.

Vick_Devi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Vick_Devi
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts
I remember hating everyone back when I was younger, but I matured before he died..(ugh, I was already in a bad mood...now I've bummed myself out~)