Do you actually believe Karma exists?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cee1gee
Member since 2008 • 2042 Posts

People around me talk about Karma all the time and i find it so annoying, believing in karma is sorta like believing that if your bad santa wont bring you gifts for christmas(IMO)...Are you a Karma believer?

and one more question to the Atheists...do you believe in karma? if yes id like to ask why? its basically like believing some phenomena,maybe something spiritual will determine if your punished or rewarded for your actions

Korzenowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Korzenowski
Member since 2009 • 354 Posts
No, karma is a pipe dream, if you want to exercize justice, do it yourself.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

People around me talk about Karma all the time and i find it so annoying, believing in karma is sorta like believing that if your bad santa wont bring you gifts for christmas(IMO)...Are you a Karma believer?

and one more question to the Atheists...do you believe in karma? if yes id like to ask why? its basically like believing some phenomena,maybe something spiritual will determine if your punished or rewarded for your actions

cee1gee

How did you jump from here to here? 0_o

Also karma is much more complex that the ridiculous example you made.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cee1gee
No, karma is a pipe dream, if you want to exercize justice, do it yourself.Korzenowski
i agree, i dont believe in other people or things should be allowed to give you justice, (only god if you believe in him)
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

Teenaged

he has a [sorry, strong physical attraction] for atheists.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cee1gee

[QUOTE="cee1gee"]

Teenaged

the one more question was "why?"
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cee1gee
[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

Hewkii
he has a hard on for atheists.

lol i do not...just because i made 1 or 2 atheists threads dont mean i have something against ya !
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 THE_BRUTALIZER
Member since 2008 • 3488 Posts

No, I dont believe in it at all.

I have to work for everything. Work a little for bad results, work twice as hard for good results, its just life, and it sucks.

Some random spirit isnt gonna save me from anything.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16020 Posts

cee1gee

I don't believe in it. It's pretty much always associated with either Hinduism or Buddhism, and I follow neither. Even if you eliminate the dogma association, karma sounds more like wishful thinking to me. It's comforting in a time of trauma, I suppose; but that doesn't mean it has truth behind it.

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts
No... it would make no sense if it did
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="cee1gee"]

cee1gee

the one more question was "why?"

I am talking about the "Atheists" part. >_>

And you relating the...-

You know what? Nevermind. Bon chance with your thread. I am off.

Korzenowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Korzenowski
Member since 2009 • 354 Posts

[QUOTE="Hewkii"][QUOTE="Teenaged"]

cee1gee

he has a hard on for atheists.

lol i do not...

I do.

fnurr fnurr

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

Whats your deal with athiest?

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cee1gee

[QUOTE="cee1gee"]

dracula_16

I don't believe in it. It's pretty much always associated with either Hinduism or Buddhism, and I follow neither. Even if you eliminate the dogma association, karma sounds more like wishful thinking to me. It's comforting in a time of trauma, I suppose; but that doesn't mean it has truth behind it.

yep...everyone who talks about karma usually had a bad expierience with something in their recent life
slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts
I believe in it to some extent. You reap what you sow.
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cee1gee
I believe in it to some extent. You reap what you sow.slateman_basic
so why are there killers who never been caught and how come the guy who dropped the a-bomb in japan lived to a old age? whats your opinion on that
slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts
[QUOTE="slateman_basic"]I believe in it to some extent. You reap what you sow.cee1gee
so why are there killers who never been caught and how come the guy who dropped the a-bomb in japan lived to a old age? whats your opinion on that

Who knows the quality of those killers' lives? 10 years from now, they may be overcome with guilt and kill themselves. Oh and the guy who dropped the A-Bomb did the right thing. Saved a ton of lives. In the end, it all works out.
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cee1gee
[QUOTE="cee1gee"][QUOTE="slateman_basic"]I believe in it to some extent. You reap what you sow.slateman_basic

Who knows the quality of those killers' lives? 10 years from now, they may be overcome with guilt and kill themselves. Oh and the guy who dropped the A-Bomb did the right thing. Saved a ton of lives. In the end, it all works out.

saved a ton? you cant make that statement since we didnt see the outcome without the bomb being dropped
kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kulmiye
Member since 2004 • 12094 Posts
Hell yeah I slept with her but then I realised that she was a *****.
0Tyler0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 0Tyler0
Member since 2008 • 2602 Posts
I think karma exists in the way that if you do good things for people, they will most likely return the favor or be nice to you. But nothing like you will stumble upon a 100 dollar bill if you're nice
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I think we need a guy named Earl to tell us about this subject.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

No not really. I know people that derseve good karma and don't get it, and people that deserve bad karma, doesn't happen. So no I don't.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

The idea of Karma is based on a bastardized conception of justice, so no, I don't.

Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
No, but it's nice to think that people who do bad things will eventually have something in their life get messed up :)
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
No, absolutely not. People are always chattering on and on about how karma will get you one day and 'what goes around comes around' and all of that, and I just don't believe in any of that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
No. Life is simply unfair. There is no justice to it.
TribalMosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TribalMosh
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I dont believe in god and find religion pointless, but for some it brings hope and something to belive in so fair enough, im not saying im right.

I dont believe in karma but i believe you keep putting things to chance and living on the edge of a knife one day, its all going to collapse. like karma but more like chance an probability since im a math student :)

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

nope don't believe karma

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Sometimes but sometimes not.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#31 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
I sure do.
Krypteia_mTc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Krypteia_mTc
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts

cee1gee

I like that Santa Claus analogy, thats great :lol:

Karma is easy to disprove. The idea with karma is that if your good, good happens to you, and if your bad, the opposite, right? Well, then what about the fact that bad things can happen to good people, and the opposite to bad ones? I doesnt matter whether or not you are good or bad, good or bad things can happen to you either way.

jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

"Whatever goes around comes around"

No, it's not of my religion.

:)

killerkool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 killerkool07
Member since 2007 • 1210 Posts

i think so, if you go around acting like a tosser someones gonna try and take you down a peg if you go sround being a nice person theres less chance of something like that happening

Krypteia_mTc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Krypteia_mTc

i think so, if you go around acting like a tosser someones gonna try and take you down a peg if you go sround being a nice person theres less chance of something like that happening

killerkool07

It may be "less likely" but that doesnt change the fact that bad things do happen to good people. Reality doesnt work in "kinda truths" (because they dont exist).

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
I think it does if you Believe in it only...... If someone thinks that they are going to get payback they will
Krypteia_mTc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Krypteia_mTc

I think it does if you Believe in it only...... If someone thinks that they are going to get payback they will EpiphoneMan2008

So you think that Karma is true if you think it is true? Im sorry my friend, but reality does not work in subjectivism. Reality doesnt work one way from some people and another for others, this implies that truth is contingent upon ones own subjective thoughts, opinions or beliefs.

This is like the moronic question about whether or not a tree makes a sound if it falls when nobody is there to hear it. A quesiton to which the answer is clearly yes it does. Physics is not contingent upon an individuals perception of it, it is something that is always there; it is just a part of reality.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cee1gee

[QUOTE="EpiphoneMan2008"]I think it does if you Believe in it only...... If someone thinks that they are going to get payback they will Krypteia_mTc

So you think that Karma is true if you think it is true? Im sorry my friend, but reality does not work in subjectivism. Reality doesnt work one way from some people and another for others, this implies that truth is contingent upon ones own subjective thoughts, opinions or beliefs.

This is like the moronic question about whether or not a tree makes a sound if it falls when nobody is there to hear it. A quesiton to which the answer is clearly yes it does. Physics is not contingent upon an individuals perception of it, it is something that is always there; it is just a part of reality.

i agree with everything but the tree and sound...a sound is only heard by a viewer, if a viewer is not there how can there be a sound
Krypteia_mTc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Krypteia_mTc

[QUOTE="Krypteia_mTc"]

[QUOTE="EpiphoneMan2008"]I think it does if you Believe in it only...... If someone thinks that they are going to get payback they will cee1gee

i agree with everything but the tree and sound...a sound is only heard by a viewer, if a viewer is not there how can there be a sound

The sound is still made, but no one is there to percieve it. The sound is made, when the tree hits the ground a noise is produced from the impact of the two subjects, the tree and the ground, colliding. It does not make a sound because you are there to hear it, if you are there you will hear it because you are close enough to pick up the sound with your ears.

If you leave your radio on in your room and you go out of your house for a while, the radio is still playing, you are just not there to hear it. When you leave your house and cannot hear your radio it does not mean that the radio stops making sound.

RunnersNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 RunnersNation
Member since 2009 • 735 Posts

I don't really know if it exists, but I kind of believe it.

Bad things happen to people who do bad things, but sometimes this isn't always the case.

rjxtian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rjxtian
Member since 2005 • 2638 Posts

I know she exists. I saw her standing on the corner of 5th and Main last night.

Krypteia_mTc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Krypteia_mTc

I don't really know if it exists, but I kind of believe it.

Bad things happen to people who do bad things, but sometimes this isn't always the case.

RunnersNation

If there are some instances where karma doesnt work then it just doesnt work. It cant be at one point, and not be at another.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone acctually reads the previous posts prior to being redundant.

_glatisant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 _glatisant_
Member since 2008 • 1060 Posts

Karma is more tenable if you have faith in reincarnation, it is very hard to prove that any arbitrary bastard didn't come back as a tape worm :P

There is no reason to believe in it other than blind faith and wishful thinking. There's no evidence in its favour.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I don't believe the concept has actual power. But it's a good thing to live by. People who do bad things will usually see things come back to bite them in the ass.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
No, but I believe that if you treat people badly then word will get around or your personality will show that you are a bad person, causing other people to treat you badly. That kind of thing can be just as bad as the supernatural karma.
Smallville417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Smallville417
Member since 2009 • 437 Posts

No I do not.

yabbicoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 yabbicoke
Member since 2007 • 4069 Posts

I don't believe there is some cosmic force that controls it, but I do believe in karma in the sense that you'll generally have a better life if you try to be a good person, because you'll feel better about yourself and most people will treat you better than normal.

krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts
Nope. Can't say that I do.
ariz3260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ariz3260
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts

Karma is more tenable if you have faith in reincarnation, it is very hard to prove that any arbitrary bastard didn't come back as a tape worm :P

There is no reason to believe in it other than blind faith and wishful thinking. There's no evidence in its favour.

_glatisant_

I think you got it there. The two concepts go hand in hand.

That being said, yes I do believe in Karma. Things that have happened to an individual could b e a result of actions from a previous life, not necessary just from the current life.

l0ve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#50 l0ve
Member since 2005 • 3178 Posts
I wish it did exist.