Do aliens go to hell?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by themajormayor (25171 posts) -

Since they don't even know who Buddha is?

#confused

#2 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

Who's to say that Aliens don't have prophets and scriptures of their own? Answer that Jack!

#3 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

Damn the forums are busting with traffic.

#4 Posted by FishySquash15 (49 posts) -

I have often had similar wonders.

Avatar image for popeanonymousxv
#5 Posted by PopeAnonymousXV (168 posts) -

No, just human beings who happen to have had the bad luck of being born in the "wrong" part of the world, and thus raised and indoctrinated into the "wrong" religion.

#6 Posted by ferrari2001 (17597 posts) -

Yes, only the great members of the Westboro Baptist Church go to heaven.

#7 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1791 posts) -

Only the non-Christian ones.

#8 Edited by lamprey263 (32784 posts) -

What if we make contact with an alien race and learn that they too believe in God, but we learn through undeniable proof of "His" existence through them? And that they were God's chosen beings, not us, they were created out of "His" image, we are nothing more than cattle which God has given the aliens domain over; what then?

#9 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10655 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

What if we make contact with an alien race and learn that they too believe in God, but we learn through undeniable proof of "His" existence through them? And that they were God's chosen beings, not us, they were created out of "His" image, we are nothing more than cattle which God has given the aliens domain over; what then?

so what happens to our belief? it doesn't mean shit to the original god that we still worshiped what we thought was him?

#10 Posted by m0zart (11568 posts) -

The answer is yes ... because sodomy. Though there may be an exception when it is for medical and scientific purposes.

That's just one opinion though, not really mine.

#11 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26735 posts) -

They all already live above the clouds, so technically, they are always living in heaven.

#12 Posted by lamprey263 (32784 posts) -

@VaguelyTagged said:

@lamprey263 said:

so what happens to our belief? it doesn't mean shit to the original god that we still worshiped what we thought was him?

It wouldn't change the idea of God, but it would invalidate the covenant between God and mankind. Is there a place for the souls of insects in God's kingdom, or sheep, dogs, cows, monkeys, inferior human life, or just God's chosen? It's a stupid hypothetical I made up, but given they can prove they're God's chosen what would that mean with man's relationship with God. Where would our place be in the order of things divine?

#13 Posted by thegerg (17844 posts) -

I don't think so.

#14 Posted by Byshop (16890 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

@VaguelyTagged said:

@lamprey263 said:

It wouldn't change the idea of God, but it would invalidate the covenant between God and mankind. Is there a place for the souls of insects in God's kingdom, or sheep, dogs, cows, monkeys, inferior human life, or just God's chosen? It's a stupid hypothetical I made up, but given they can prove they're God's chosen what would that mean with man's relationship with God. Where would our place be in the order of things divine?

I get that it's a hypothetical question, but you may as well ask "what if I -could- divide by zero?" The existence of god is, by definition, not provable. Even if aliens provided proof of an all powerful being that created the universe, unless that being represented everything that we -thought- god was supposed to be then the various religions of the world (at least the monotheist ones you're referring to) would simply reject this being as not being "their" god and would hold to a belief that there was still something out there that the aliens and their all powerfull creator don't know about. You can't prove "god" because it's based on belief, and no matter how powerful an entity you can provide proof of you can't prove a negative (i.e. you can't prove that there isn't a true god out there).

-Byshop

#15 Posted by playmynutz (7086 posts) -

@themajormayor: my brother now you are speaking my language

#16 Posted by Gaming-Planet (17259 posts) -

The only hell they would witness is planet Earth.

#17 Posted by indzman (24198 posts) -

did you forgot aliens are gods ? they created us , hell and heaven =P

#18 Edited by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

Yes, because they didn't read their babble and praise jebus, the damn commie bastards!

republican space rangers!

#19 Edited by whipassmt (15375 posts) -

@m0zart said:

The answer is yes ... because sodomy. Though there may be an exception when it is for medical and scientific purposes.

That's just one opinion though, not really mine.

How do you know that all aliens practice sodomy?

#20 Posted by Korvus (10152 posts) -

Let's all pray for the quick conversion of the alien races tonight.

#21 Edited by m0zart (11568 posts) -

It is a well-known fact that all alien visitations to this Earth involve anal probes of some sort. They rarely bother to figure out who Buddha is, but they are definitely interested in giving us cosmic wedgies.

And no, I am not being serious... geezus.

#23 Posted by Master_Live (18403 posts) -

Jesus was an alien.

#24 Posted by theone86 (20555 posts) -

I think the better question is if there is one true god and it revealed itself to alien species but not us, are we going to hell?

#25 Edited by hippiesanta (10292 posts) -

do chickens, pigs and cows that we eat goes to heaven??

#26 Posted by 10854 (116 posts) -

If aliens are a highly advanced form of life then they won't have religion.