JurgenR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51 JurgenR
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

I live in Flanders (Belgium), near the French border... Countryside, nothing fancy... :-)

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@JurgenR said:

I live in Flanders (Belgium), near the French border... Countryside, nothing fancy... :-)

All that comes to mind is that delicious Belgium beer !

JurgenR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 JurgenR
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

@LexLas: True! The best beer in the world (this year's number 2 on ratebeer.com) is made like 5 kilometers from here...

aryianna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 aryianna
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

Small town America, everyone knows your name, gas lit laps in the median down the Main Street. Very touristy, people come by the bus loads to see the leaves in the Autumn. Quaint is what we get referred to a lot.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

This is my neighborhood.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=180501

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Live in quite an idyllic area really. Reasonable size village in the Oxfordshire countryside between London and Oxford. Only about a half hour drive to either. Couple of bigger towns nearby if you need to go shopping but we do have a butchers, bakery, convenience stores, pubs, etc.

A few newer estates here but most of the housing is from the 70's. The original village is much older though and there are still some old buildings. I believe the church was originally built in 1160 but has obviously had a lot of work to keep it standing that long!

The village sits on a pre-roman road called The Ridgeway with numerous sites of interest from the Iron Age. It also backs on to the Chiltern hills so it's quite a beautiful place to live. I love it!

nikkycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 nikkycat
Member since 2010 • 912 Posts

Kinda quiet, some weird people but usually harmless. I did wake up once to gun shots and a police helicopter flying overhead. That was lovely.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Hills. Nothing but hills. I can't walk to anyone within my neighborhood without walking up or down one hill at least once. Peaceful even though it has quite a few kids. In terms of money it ranges from people who do not struggle financially to those who have a bit more. Nothing excessive, no one with fancy cars.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@Fuhrer_D said:

This is my neighborhood.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=180501

The wife and I loved the thought of having a huge house. Then we remembered we're the ones who have to to keep the place clean. If we bought a house in that neighborhood, we would need hired help.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#60 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Mostly everyone speaks french in my neck of the woods,while I can only speak english.But I have to say,poor to middle class,not much rich here.Everybody is pretty decent here though.Quebec is not as bad as most people think, just the gov'nt is a bunch of a-holes. :)

Teubrinquedo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Teubrinquedo12
Member since 2015 • 50 Posts

Pretty dull. I live in the middle of nowhere in nowhere, New Jersey.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#62  Edited By TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

Mine is this woman who always covers her face. She seems to be a pretty nice person though.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

@korvus said:

Where I live? You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

Seriously? O_O Hmmm, sounds to me like this is a joke post, I hope...

Unfortunately for me I don't think I'm kidding a whole lot when I say, my neighborhood could be better, pretty damn corrupt these days, still hard to tell if its official I'll be moving out soon, but at this point it is looking possibly inevitable...

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#64  Edited By BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

It was named Canada's Greatest Neighbourhood in 2012.

is it true that winnipeg is a frozen shithole?

after googling around, i've found that a lot of people seem to think it is

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Quiet and 80% safe.

Kurvz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Kurvz
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

My Manor or Hood as you call it , has been going down hill for the last decade, my sleep is often interrupted by vans unloading various shouted conversations if a multitude of languages.

Rubbish dumped every other week, police helicopters at least every other night, yeah im living the English dream !

Oh and what ever happened to consideration for other people , these days most people do what they want when without the slightest thought of noise smell or mess

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

I live in a pretty urban area of Holland, but still it's quite green. This is the view from my living room window.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#69 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58961 Posts

Not much here. 3-7 miles of farmland on either side. Great fishing though, a burn (steam) down the road, canal 10 minutes away, course fishing reservoir 20 minutes north, river 1 hour south.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#70 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@Toph_Girl250: It's a Star Wars quote (and no, I don't live in Mos Esley). I live in a very nice place full of nature, parks, downtown close by, a small mall 2 minutes walk away if you don't want to go downtown...beautiful houses full of nice people but I live in the apartments. Sure, it's a duplex and it's lovely but the neighbors are the worst I've had so far (and back in Portugal my neighbors would party until 5am). They have no respect for others, will let their dogs crap in front of your door, if they spill something in the elevator it stays there, will just dump their trash outside their own door so the whole hallway stinks, if they happen to get mail addressed for someone else instead of sticking it in the proper mailbox they'll just toss it on the floor (on top of a puddle of dog piss if need be); there was even a weed plantation bust on the apartment across from ours. I hate it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#71  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@BiancaDK said:
@foxhound_fox said:

It was named Canada's Greatest Neighbourhood in 2012.

is it true that winnipeg is a frozen shithole?

after googling around, i've found that a lot of people seem to think it is

From about the last week of November to the first week in March, it's frozen, yes.

Currently (12:00pm GMT-6:00) it's 22°C and going to 27°C today. And we hit as high as 35-40°C in mid-August.

There is usually an 80°C disparity between the coldest and hottest days of the year.

"Shithole" is entirely subjective.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BiancaDK

@foxhound_fox: i'm interested in your subjective take on winnipeg, since i respect your opinion on most if not all things

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 foxhound_fox

@BiancaDK said:

@foxhound_fox: i'm interested in your subjective take on winnipeg, since i respect your opinion on most if not all things

There are some shithole parts (the "North End" which isn't even the northernmost part of the city), with shithole people (mostly jackasses with too much money and not enough brains), but I enjoy living here. There's not much else to talk about really, unless you have any specific questions.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 BiancaDK

@foxhound_fox: it does seem like a relatively comfortable place to live, going from a google image search and a wikipedia article. I couldn't understand whether or not the criticism was warranted (read it years ago but the info lingered in my mind), which is what prompted me to ask you, as someone with actual knowledge of the place

i figured it was unwarranted, i just needed conclusion, which you gave me. Thanks for that (:

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 foxhound_fox

@BiancaDK said:

@foxhound_fox: it does seem like a relatively comfortable place to live, going from a google image search and a wikipedia article. I couldn't understand whether or not the criticism was warranted (read it years ago but the info lingered in my mind), which is what prompted me to ask you, as someone with actual knowledge of the place

i figured it was unwarranted, i just needed conclusion, which you gave me. Thanks for that (:

No problem.

I haven't been to many other big cities in my adulthood, so my impressions of most places outside Manitoba is not well-known.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Toph_Girl250

@korvus said:

@Toph_Girl250: It's a Star Wars quote (and no, I don't live in Mos Esley). I live in a very nice place full of nature, parks, downtown close by, a small mall 2 minutes walk away if you don't want to go downtown...beautiful houses full of nice people but I live in the apartments. Sure, it's a duplex and it's lovely but the neighbors are the worst I've had so far (and back in Portugal my neighbors would party until 5am). They have no respect for others, will let their dogs crap in front of your door, if they spill something in the elevator it stays there, will just dump their trash outside their own door so the whole hallway stinks, if they happen to get mail addressed for someone else instead of sticking it in the proper mailbox they'll just toss it on the floor (on top of a puddle of dog piss if need be); there was even a weed plantation bust on the apartment across from ours. I hate it.

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that man, the way you've described your neighbors, I guess you weren't kidding, they seem quite scummy to me. Now I wish they'd all just move somewhere far away so you can have peace.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Toph_Girl250: The really crappy part is that we make enough money to move to an actual house but I can't get a bank loan because I'm not a citizen and my wife can't get one either because she's married to a foreigner...

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

The estate I live in is quiet for the most part. Not much happens. As for the neighbours, mainly families a few old people a small bunch of kids pretty average. It's pretty well located though in terms of places to shop, schools that sort of thing.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Toph_Girl250

@korvus said:

@Toph_Girl250: The really crappy part is that we make enough money to move to an actual house but I can't get a bank loan because I'm not a citizen and my wife can't get one either because she's married to a foreigner...

Well, all I can say to that is, those are some pretty stupid rules.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Toph_Girl250: Unsurprisingly, I agree =P

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#81 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

It looks further from the city than it is, but the view at the bottom of my drive is typical for outside the city limits here.

The only problem I have is where my driveway comes out at we have lumber trucks come flying around the curve at 60+ in a 45. We've complained about it but ain't shit ever been done.

Other than that and the dammed birds, it's pretty nice here.