Deathrow Inmate: "I'm too fat to execute."

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Samwel_X
Member since 2006 • 13765 Posts

The death penalty is wrong. They should have death row inmates fight to the death gladiator style. That way tax payers who are paying for this get something in return, entertainment.GettingTired

Now there is an American Gladiators I'd watch.

Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Samwel_X

As soon as you take somebodies life then you have given up every human right you have, including the one to life. That's what I think anyway.

tofu-lion91

I'd say that was circumstantial.

I think in order for the death penalty to truly work every case has to be looked into in a lot of detail and prisoners on Death Row must be checked in on regularly. There is room for redemption in everyone, and if someone is on death row for 5 years, and they see their wrongs and a jury or whatever believe that they truly have changed they should have their sentence cut to life in prison.

Avatar image for Manly-manly-man
Manly-manly-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Manly-manly-man
Member since 2006 • 3477 Posts
I love all the hypocrisy these threads always bring up. "He raped and murdered people?!? WHAT A MONSTER! LET'S **** TORTURE HIM!" He's in prison, he's going to be executed. As far as I'm concerned, him and society is even. Torturing him just puts society as a whole down a notch, there's no need.
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]

As soon as you take somebodies life then you have given up every human right you have, including the one to life. That's what I think anyway.

Samwel_X

I'd say that was circumstantial.

I think in order for the death penalty to truly work every case has to be looked into in a lot of detail and prisoners on Death Row must be checked in on regularly. There is room for redemption in everyone, and if someone is on death row for 5 years, and they see their wrongs and a jury or whatever believe that they truly have changed they should have their sentence cut to life in prison.

I disagree. It doesn't matter if they're sorry. Sorry doesn't bring somebody's life back. They did the action and should suffer the consequences.

grisibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 grisibur
Member since 2004 • 600 Posts
Almost everyone here have such weird and expensive ways to kill murderers of, wouldn't it be much better just to dig a huge hole in the ground and shove them in, 300 style?
DJ_Novakain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DJ_Novakain
Member since 2008 • 2147 Posts
Sigh, the death penalty is wrongWhicker89
Im not a fan of the death penalty. Not because of the rights of criminals, but because its just cheaper to let them rot...
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
[QUOTE="Whicker89"]Sigh, the death penalty is wrongsmack_masta

So is raping and murdering 2 women.

I don't see what one has to do with another.
Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Samwel_X

I disagree. It doesn't matter if they're sorry. Sorry doesn't bring somebody's life back. They did the action and should suffer the consequences.

tofu-lion91

So by that, if a woman murders her abusive husband, would you say she should go straight to Death Row?

If a person is on meth and out of their mind and they stab someone to death, should they go straight to Death Row?

If someone who is mentally impaired kills someone, should they go to Death Row?

Of course, I'm not going to, nor am I here to, change someone's views. I'm just interested to know what you think...

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts

tofu-lion91

Yep. Someone who took an innocent life does not deserve to be a part of our society.

KLAX42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 KLAX42
Member since 2008 • 3368 Posts

[QUOTE="Whicker89"]Sigh, the death penalty is wrongclicketyclick

how so?

I think it would be worse punishment for criminals to have to spend the rest of their lives in some horrible prison than die.

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]

Samwel_X

So by that, if a woman murders her abusive husband, would you say she should go straight to Death Row?

If a person is on meth and out of their mind and they stab someone to death, should they go straight to Death Row?

Of course, I'm not going to, nor am I here to, change someone's views. I'm just interested to know what you think...

Hmm I suppose I should have re-phrased that. Obviously in those circumstances it would be wrong, they were either defending themselves or don't have the mental capability to think their actions through. I think they should go to prison but not be sentenced to death. When I talk about the death penalty I mean people who rape and murder people, just for the **** of it. Those people have no right to live.

And to the person who says "Let them rot". They won't. Prison is far too cushy nowadays.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38694 Posts

bullets do not have trouble finding veins...

AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 AtrumRegina
Member since 2008 • 1584 Posts
Just throw him off a building ...thats fast and effective . A bit mess but whatever.
Manly-manly-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Manly-manly-man
[QUOTE="Samwel_X"][QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]

tofu-lion91

Hmm I suppose I should have re-phrased that. Obviously in those circumstances it would be wrong, they were either defending themselves or don't have the mental capability to think their actions through. I think they should go to prison but not be sentenced to death. When I talk about the death penalty I mean people who rape and murder people, just for the **** of it. Those people have no right to live.

And to the person who says "Let them rot". They won't. Prison is far too cushy nowadays.

In what ways?

DJ_Novakain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DJ_Novakain
[QUOTE="Samwel_X"][QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]

tofu-lion91

Prison shouldn't be about punishment. It should be about re-habilitation. Normal people don't rape and kill for the lulz, they obviously need help.
Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Samwel_X

tofu-lion91

Personally I find the death penalty a very strange subject. There are certain people who deserve it. People who habitually kill and have no remorse, e.g. Ted Bundy. People who will never be able to function with others in a non violent way.

However, some people for example rob an off licence or something and shoot and kill the clerk. With something like that, I think it is more a caught up in the moment issue, and sometimes things can go wrong. A long jail sentence for people like that is appropriate, rather than simply killing them.

Also, if a murder causes so much pain for a family, why would they wish that on another family. I have never understood that, say a father of two is murdered by another father or two. If those children experience the pain of such loss, and it is unbearable, why would you wish it on the innocent family of the guilty killer.

For me each situation has to be looked at in depth, but that is just me.

I do however think a revamp of the prison system is in need. I wouldn't call prison cushy at its maximum level, the number of suicides within the prison system make that clear, but still, television and such shouldn't be allowed. The maximum level of prison should have most privileges taken from them. Then it can become a truly viable action for very violent offenders.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#67 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
He isnt that fat.
Duckyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Duckyhunter
Member since 2003 • 4910 Posts

I agree that capital punishment is most usually unconstitutional. Unless a convict poses a direct threat to the American people while in police custody, then I prefer life imprisonment.

My father proposed to me at a young age that we imprison these men in small, dark cells, removed from human contact for the rest of their lives, save for a television that plays the convict's sentencing on an infinite loop. I proposed it seriously in a class on social studies, and the teacher laughed.

Progress is slow.

Manly-manly-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Manly-manly-man

I agree that capital punishment is most usually unconstitutional. Unless a convict poses a direct threat to the American people while in police custody, then I prefer life imprisonment.

My father proposed to me at a young age that we imprison these men in small, dark cells, removed from human contact for the rest of their lives, save for a television that plays the convict's sentencing on an infinite loop. I proposed it seriously in a class on social studies, and the teacher laughed.

Progress is slow.

Duckyhunter

That would be cruel and unusual punishment, sorry to say. That would definitely cause severe mental and physical problems.

-Austin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 -Austin-
Member since 2008 • 2417 Posts

[QUOTE="Whicker89"]Murder doesnt stop murderclicketyclick

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Executing a murderer effectively stops them from murdering again far better than a 15 year sentence with parole does.

Yeah, but I doubt your going up for parole if you raped and killed 2 women.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
We should have a public lynching.
Duckyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Duckyhunter

Perhaps. My father is conservative on most issues, so I suppose he saw the loop as a way of compensating for the lack of death.

Either way, placing the ability to put civilians to death in the hands of the federal government is a very grave authoritative power indeed. Though I would sooner see it abolished than enforced like a three-strike law, I acknowledge that some convicts could be reasonably and constitutionally killed (i.e. Charles Manson). This is highly rare, though.

Jamiemydearx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Jamiemydearx3
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts

[QUOTE="Whicker89"][QUOTE="smack_masta"][QUOTE="Whicker89"]Sigh, the death penalty is wrongJaks_Secret

Murder doesnt stop murder

Agreed. And if people want those criminals to "suffer", putting them in a a containment center for the rest of their life is more satistfying than making him die and "getting it over with", so to speak.

It also waste tax money. Kill em all.
DJ_Novakain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DJ_Novakain
[QUOTE="Jaks_Secret"]

[QUOTE="Whicker89"][QUOTE="smack_masta"][QUOTE="Whicker89"]Sigh, the death penalty is wrongJamiemydearx3

Agreed. And if people want those criminals to "suffer", putting them in a a containment center for the rest of their life is more satistfying than making him die and "getting it over with", so to speak.

It cost more to kill a crminal than put them away for life...
-Austin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 -Austin-
[QUOTE="Jaks_Secret"]

[QUOTE="Whicker89"][QUOTE="smack_masta"][QUOTE="Whicker89"]Sigh, the death penalty is wrongJamiemydearx3

I think we should just shoot them. It's so much cheaper. It's not like anyone is gonna miss someone who raped a dozen women anyways.

-Austin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 -Austin-
[QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"][QUOTE="Jaks_Secret"]

[QUOTE="Whicker89"][QUOTE="smack_masta"][QUOTE="Whicker89"]Sigh, the death penalty is wrongDJ_Novakain

That's absolutely false.

Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Hungry_bunny
Member since 2006 • 14293 Posts
He's not that big... not a stupid defense but I doubt it will work.
Jamiemydearx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Jamiemydearx3
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Novakain"][QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"][QUOTE="Jaks_Secret"]

[QUOTE="Whicker89"][QUOTE="smack_masta"][QUOTE="Whicker89"]Sigh, the death penalty is wrong-Austin-

That's absolutely false.

I think it cost like 65k to kill them(forgot why), but I know its much more having them in jail for life.

Either way, we should just shoot them in the head.

DJ_Novakain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 DJ_Novakain
[QUOTE="DJ_Novakain"][QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"][QUOTE="Jaks_Secret"]

[QUOTE="Whicker89"][QUOTE="smack_masta"][QUOTE="Whicker89"]Sigh, the death penalty is wrong-Austin-

That's absolutely false.

Due to the appeals and various other procedures, it can cost 2-5 times more than to just let them sit in jail...
-Austin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 -Austin-
[QUOTE="-Austin-"][QUOTE="DJ_Novakain"][QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"][QUOTE="Jaks_Secret"]

That's absolutely false.

I think it cost like 65k to kill them(forgot why), but I know its much more having them in jail for life.

Exactly. How much would it cost to just take em out back and shoot em between the eyes?

DJ_Novakain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DJ_Novakain
[QUOTE="-Austin-"][QUOTE="DJ_Novakain"][QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"][QUOTE="Jaks_Secret"]

That's absolutely false.

Wow, sure would suck to be innocent...
-Austin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 -Austin-

[QUOTE="Whicker89"][QUOTE="smack_masta"][QUOTE="Whicker89"]Sigh, the death penalty is wrongDJ_Novakain

That's absolutely false.

Due to the appeals and various other procedures, it can cost 2-5 times more than to just let them sit in jail...

That's why they shouldn't be allowed to appeal more than once or twice. If you killed 2 or more women or children you should automatically get hung the day after you are convicted.

Duckyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Duckyhunter

I find it intersting that anyone would even bring tax dollars into this. Of all the unconstitutional programs funded by our government, imprisonment is one of the few left that still holds ancient legality.

If you want to pay less taxes, abolish the welfare state, infrastructure budget, and surveillance cache. The incapacitation of criminals should be left alone.

DJ_Novakain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DJ_Novakain
[QUOTE="DJ_Novakain"][QUOTE="-Austin-"][QUOTE="DJ_Novakain"][QUOTE="Jamiemydearx3"][QUOTE="Jaks_Secret"]

That's absolutely false.

That's why they shouldn't be allowed to appeal more than once or twice. If you killed 2 or more women or children you should automatically get hung the day after you are convicted.

Once again, sure would suck if the dude was innocent...
Avatar image for SylentButDeadly
SylentButDeadly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SylentButDeadly
Member since 2008 • 437 Posts

You people can be so STUPID sometimes! Merriam-Webster's Dictionary defines murder as the following:

Murder- the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with deliberate intent or design.

The guy is being killedlawfully so it is not murder like you think it is.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Lol. That's the only advantage of being fat, I guess.
Duckyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Duckyhunter

Don't forget staying warm in cold weather! loljkbbq

His reasons are absurd, though. A man who weighed over 300 pounds made the same claim in Florida long ago (because they still hanged murderers). The rope snapped his neck cleanly and efficiently, like any other convict.

H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 H8sMikeMoore
Member since 2008 • 5427 Posts

most people workout to live longer. he would be working out to die faster

ironic

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#89 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Say no to death penalty. When someone you know is condemned you'll wish you did.
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

Exactly. How much would it cost to just take em out back and shoot em between the eyes?-Austin-

For everything else, there's Mastercard. :P

Execution upon conviction. I've always been for that as well.

-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 -Jiggles-
Member since 2008 • 4356 Posts

most people workout to live longer. he would be working out to die faster

ironic

H8sMikeMoore

I was thinking the same thing after reading through the whole article.

Duckyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Duckyhunter
At least a few innocent rape accusees would be dead now were convicts shot on the steps of the courthouse.
KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#93 KOTORkicker
Member since 2007 • 4595 Posts

What ever happened to beheading? ahriman2

The blade would probably just get lodged in his layer of blubber and he wouldn't die anyway.

Manly-manly-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Manly-manly-man
Guys, settle the **** down. Just take him out back and shoot him in the head? No appeals? Do you realize how ****ing horrible this would be? Many innocent people would be killed without the appeal process. And shooting inmates in the head out back is not anywhere NEAR a good idea. It's a slippery slope when killing ANYONE is taken so lightly.