Crack -should it be legalized?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PhilMargera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 PhilMargera
Member since 2008 • 248 Posts

It seems that Crack is always the whipping-boy in the drug world. While other drugs have thier upsides exposed, people constantly frown upon crack. I dont use it, but I think it should be legalized. It would make the world much funnier and I would have plently of job opurtunites due to workforce overdoses.

Avatar image for Suddenstriker52
Suddenstriker52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Suddenstriker52
Member since 2005 • 996 Posts
No, just no.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
....ummm no?
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

fad thread?

marijuana i could see being legalized but no way in hell are they going to legalize crack

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
Joke thread fail.
birdman1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 birdman1414
Member since 2003 • 3317 Posts
keep your pants up boy, crack kills
Avistann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Avistann
Member since 2008 • 7102 Posts
I smoke rocks!
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
Hell no. There's a reason why crack's the "whipping boy."
Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
Of course.
PhilMargera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PhilMargera
[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

fad thread?

marijuana i could see being legalized but no way in hell are they going to legalize crack

I dont agree with drug racism. All drug legalalized or none. Are you afraid the crackheads would freak out the burnouts?
JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts
No?
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
is this a joke? If not then my answer is h e double hockey sticks no.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts
Hell no. There's a reason why crack's the "whipping boy."Theokhoth
For some reason this made me laugh. :P
MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts
That's a great idea.......................................................
Avatar image for Suddenstriker52
Suddenstriker52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Suddenstriker52
Member since 2005 • 996 Posts
[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

fad thread?

PhilMargera

I dont agree with drug racism. All drug legalalized or none. Are you afraid the crackheads would freak out the burnouts?

I don't know how to respond. This statement confounds me.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

fad thread?

PhilMargera

"Drug racism." :lol:

But seriously, under the "all or none" fallacy, with the crap like crack and meth out there, I'm heavily inclined to say "none." Crack should never be legal, nor should meth, nor should heroin.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 konvikt_17
[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

fad thread?

PhilMargera

drug racism?wtf:lol: im not saying they should legalize any drug but if they did marijuana is the safest one to do. how many marijuana overdoses and deaths have you heard, compared to the overdoses and deaths from crack, id say marijuana would get legalized way before crack would

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
[QUOTE="PhilMargera"][QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

fad thread?

Theokhoth

"Drug racism." :lol:

But seriously, under the "all or none" fallacy, with the crap like crack and meth out there, I'm heavily inclined to say "none." Crack should never be legal, nor should meth, nor should heroin.

Agreed. Besides if its all or nothing then when does alcohol get re-prohibited?
PhilMargera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PhilMargera
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Now, thats an answer I can respect. Crack should be no lowere or higher on the totem pole than weed. It confuses me how stoners defend thier habit by comparing it to crack. As if crack is worse somehow????!!
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
[QUOTE="PhilMargera"][QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

fad thread?

omg,I actually lol'd :lol:
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Theokhoth
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

PhilMargera

Now, thats an answer I can respect. Crack should be no lowere or higher on the totem pole than weed. It confuses me how stoners defend thier habit by comparing it to crack. As if crack is worse somehow????!!

So. . .this is an anti-pot topic?:?

The hardest drug I ever use is acetaminophen.

obsolete2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 obsolete2k1
Member since 2007 • 990 Posts

what would the legalization of drugs change though? it wouldn't make more people use them, though there would be a jump at first, but drugs are easy to find now, what is stopping someone from using them now?

legalizing drugs would bring in revenue for public services as they would be taxed. it would limit/reduce the underground market of drug dealing which promotes and encourages abuse, prostitution, crime, murder, etc. and it would allow the gov't to monitor and regulate drug development companies, who would need special licenses, etc, much like alcohol and tobacco producers. with tobacco legal, how many illegal cigarette dealers and producers have you heard of? with alcohol legal, how many people still drink moonshine? with drugs being legal, the gov't could enforce standards so that they are safer and not as hard, as they wouldn't be spiked or laced with other drugs or chemicals.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
It's obvious this is a blatant stab at marijuana legalization. Sorry TC, but you've failed.
m1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 m1993
Member since 2004 • 1167 Posts
[QUOTE="Suddenstriker52"]
....ummm no?chessmaster1989
Hell no. There's a reason why crack's the "whipping boy."Theokhoth
No?JIT93
I agree with these and the countless others.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Theokhoth

what would the legalization of drugs change though? it wouldn't make more people use them, though there would be a jump at first, but drugs are easy to find now, what is stopping someone from using them now?

legalizing drugs would bring in revenue for public services as they would be taxed. it would limit/reduce the underground market of drug dealing which promotes and encourages abuse, prostitution, crime, murder, etc. and it would allow the gov't to monitor and regulate drug development companies, who would need special licenses, etc, much like alcohol and tobacco producers. with tobacco legal, how many illegal cigarette dealers and producers have you heard of? with alcohol legal, how many people still drink moonshine? with drugs being legal, the gov't could enforce standards so that they are safer and not as hard, as they wouldn't be spiked or laced with other drugs or chemicals.

obsolete2k1

That wouldn't change their own effects. Have you ever seen a person on meth? On crack? Do you have any idea how horrible that **** is? We don't need it being distributed on a national basis and perfectly allowed, what's more. There are a lot of things we could legalise and tax, but that wouldn't change their devastating effects.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
WTF...
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#27 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

No, I have been around and even lived with people who have used and abused every drug known to man, and seriously,there is no argument that is ever going to convince me heroin and crack are any good for ANYBODY,never mind legalization.

As for weed,I like the new laws here in massachusettes where pot is now decriminlized. Its still illegal,but if you get caught with an ounce or less it is not a criminal offense. All they do is take your weed and give you a ticket. Thats a good thing,less crowding in the jails,and exra revenue for the state that is not from taxes. Its a win-win for everyone.

PhilMargera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PhilMargera
It's obvious this is a blatant stab at marijuana legalization. Sorry TC, but you've failed.chrisrooR
Sorry champ, you're not keeping up. I have no prob with weed being legalized as long as ALL drugs are legalaized. Why discrimainte?
Big_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Big_player
Member since 2004 • 6187 Posts
legalized or not, crack and other hard drugs will flourish in our society. A simple law of legalization or prohibition will not change anything, we need to invest in education, not propaganda In order to deter people from use of these drugs.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 konvikt_17

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]It's obvious this is a blatant stab at marijuana legalization. Sorry TC, but you've failed.PhilMargera
Sorry champ, you're not keeping up. I have no prob with weed being legalized as long as ALL drugs are legalaized. Why discrimainte?

not all drugs are the same. there are ones that are really bad then ones that are not. so i dont see them legalizing all drugs just cuz one drug is legalized

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chrisrooR
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]It's obvious this is a blatant stab at marijuana legalization. Sorry TC, but you've failed.PhilMargera

Because different drugs have different effects on the system. You can't simply clump all drugs together because there are many drugs that are legal and do plenty of harm to your system. Crack should remain illegal because there isn't a single story of moderated use; it's addicting and destroys lives. You're just using this stupid argument to take a stab at pro-pot organizations. Crack has NO medicinal value, it is extremely addictive and would help in the further degradation of society. By the way, you can't attribute discrimination towards drugs.
Big_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Big_player
Member since 2004 • 6187 Posts
[QUOTE="PhilMargera"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"]It's obvious this is a blatant stab at marijuana legalization. Sorry TC, but you've failed.chrisrooR

Because different drugs have different effects on the system. You can't simply clump all drugs together because there are many drugs that are legal and do plenty of harm to your system. Crack should remain illegal because there isn't a single story of moderated use; it's addicting and destroys lives. You're just using this stupid argument to take a stab at pro-pot organizations. Crack has NO medicinal value, it is extremely addictive and would help in the further degradation of society. By the way, you can't attribute discrimination towards drugs.

Do you actually own a RooR? I honestly wish I could afford one, I'm stuck with pathetic local blown glass:(
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chrisrooR

chrisrooR, its obvious you are a weed supremicist. I now know how black people felt 100 years ago. The fact is than ANY drug in the hands of an unstable person can lead to disaster. My argumement only seems stupid you you because youa re biased. And high.PhilMargera

:lol: this is a laughable awnser.You're insulting me now because you're losing your argument. But, to be fair, I will reply to your post.

That's true, drugs can lead to disaster. But that does mean that certain drugs make people more susceptible to addiction than others. If you clump all drugs together then you create unreasonable restrictions. Look at alchohol, a perfect example of a drug that is extremely harmful in the hands of some, but usually safe. Abuse can come in many different forms, not only drugs. Any abuse is detrimental to the human body.

Why is crack illegal? It is immediately abused, there is no chance for a person to use it in moderation. That, and there are absolutely no benefits to it's use. Your argument seems stupid to me, and most of the posters here, because that's exactly what it is.

And no, I'm not high. Way to take a nice cheap shot at me. :P

MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MoonMarvel
Member since 2008 • 8249 Posts
No, that would drive too many druglords and pimps out of business.
PhilMargera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PhilMargera
[QUOTE="PhilMargera"]chrisrooR, its obvious you are a weed supremicist. I now know how black people felt 100 years ago. The fact is than ANY drug in the hands of an unstable person can lead to disaster. My argumement only seems stupid you you because youa re biased. And high.chrisrooR
:lol: this is a laughable awnser. You're insulting me now because you're losing your argument. But, to be fair, I will reply to your post. That's true, drugs can lead to disaster. But that does mean that certain drugs make people more susceptible to addiction than others. If you clump all drugs together then you create unreasonable restrictions. Look at alchohol, a perfect example of a drug that is extremely harmful in the hands of some, but usually safe. Abuse can come in many different forms, not only drugs. Any abuse is detrimental to the human body. Why is crack illegal? It is immediately abused, there is no chance for a person to use it in moderation. That, and there are absolutely no benefits to it's use. Your argument seems stupid to me, and most of the posters here, because that's exactly what it is. And no, I'm not high. Way to take a nice cheap shot at me. :P

You are obviously claiming to be a burner, so why would you take it as an insult? Wasnt meant that way, perhaps you comprehension has been altered. It irks me that pro-weed people ALWAYS compare it to crack to make it seems better by comaprison. Cant it stand on its own merits? And you really are getting off point, what downside would legal crack have. The govt could pull themselves out of debt by taxing it and it would be a nice cap to a lot of peoples day. Your anti-crack rambling are detrimental to the progression of the laws being modified.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Crack has no upsides. So no.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chrisrooR

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="PhilMargera"]chrisrooR, its obvious you are a weed supremicist. I now know how black people felt 100 years ago. The fact is than ANY drug in the hands of an unstable person can lead to disaster. My argumement only seems stupid you you because youa re biased. And high.PhilMargera
:lol: this is a laughable awnser. You're insulting me now because you're losing your argument. But, to be fair, I will reply to your post. That's true, drugs can lead to disaster. But that does mean that certain drugs make people more susceptible to addiction than others. If you clump all drugs together then you create unreasonable restrictions. Look at alchohol, a perfect example of a drug that is extremely harmful in the hands of some, but usually safe. Abuse can come in many different forms, not only drugs. Any abuse is detrimental to the human body. Why is crack illegal? It is immediately abused, there is no chance for a person to use it in moderation. That, and there are absolutely no benefits to it's use. Your argument seems stupid to me, and most of the posters here, because that's exactly what it is. And no, I'm not high. Way to take a nice cheap shot at me. :P

You are obviously claiming to be a burner, so why would you take it as an insult? Wasnt meant that way, perhaps you comprehension has been altered. It irks me that pro-weed people ALWAYS compare it to crack to make it seems better by comaprison. Cant it stand on its own merits? And you really are getting off point, what downside would legal crack have. The govt could pull themselves out of debt by taxing it and it would be a nice cap to a lot of peoples day. Your anti-crack rambling are detrimental to the progression of the laws being modified.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that I smoke weed from, I've never said anything of the sort in this topic. :|

And yes, Marijuana actually can stand on its' own merits when compared to other drugs.

A nice cap to a lot of peoples day usually doesn't entail becoming helplessly addicted after the first use... :|

Crack has many downsides....I shall list a few.

"A typical response among users is to have another hit of the drug; however, the levels of dopamine in the brain take a long time to replenish themselves, and each hit taken in rapid succession leads to increasingly less intense highs.[2] However, a person might binge for 3 or more days without sleep, while partying with occasional hits from the pipe"

Stimulant drug abuse (particularly amphetamine and cocaine) can lead to delusional parasitosis (aka Ekbom's Syndrome: a mistaken belief they are infested with parasites).[7] For example, excessive cocaine use can lead to formication, nicknamed "cocaine bugs" or "coke bugs," where the affected people believe they have, or feel, parasites crawling under their skin.[7] These delusions are also associated with high fevers or extreme alcohol withdrawal, often together with visual hallucinations about insects.[7]

People experiencing these hallucinations might scratch themselves to the extent of serious skin damage and bleeding, especially when they are delirious.

constricted blood vessels; dilated pupils; and increased temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure. Large amounts (several hundred milligrams or more) intensify the user's high, but may also lead to bizarre, erratic, and violent behavior.

Crack cocaine is the most addictive form of cocaine,[1]and it is one of the most addictive forms of any drug[1]

The intense desire to recapture the initial high is what is so addictive for many users.[2] Purer forms of crack cocaine will produce the feeling of euphoria: [2]tweaking can be reversed with one single hit of real crack. The memory of that type of high can cause addicts to buy large amounts of street crack, hoping for the real thing. even after smoking diluted or fake crack for hours, one hit of real crack will produce euphoria. Hours of misery or

There are a reason we have drug laws. Certain drugs contribute to the degredation of society moreso than others.

It really startles me that someone is so determined to legalize such a hardened drug. The drug destroys families.

Jekken6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jekken6
Member since 2008 • 2642 Posts
Crack just screws you up, so there is no possible way it will be legalized.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
yes, it is the best drug out there :P

no, it has bad things happen to them. if the world had all drugs then everyone would get robbed because of people spending their money on drugs.
one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#41 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts
Just say no.
PhilMargera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PhilMargera

And yes, Marijuana actually can stand on its' own merits when compared to other drugs.

A nice cap to a lot of peoples day usually doesn't entail becoming helplessly addicted after the first use... :|

chrisrooR
On its own merits means NOT being compared. Sheesh, are you kidding me? Helplessly addicted? Its obvios by this statement and your cut-n-paste job that you are not educated in crack and thats OK, but the false statements are rediculous. Crack destroys families? Sure , definiltely does. Facts are that so does herion, alcohol, weed, etc, etc. Addiction to any drug affects all those around the user not matter how soft and plushy the user makes it out to be.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#43 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I ... uh... *sigh*

TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts
I wouldn't have a problem with it.
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts
im all for Legalizing Crack
gamer_10001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 gamer_10001
Member since 2006 • 2588 Posts

People should have the right to shoot whatever chemicals they want into their veins, or smoke whatever they want. The people who do this are responsible for their own choices and the government shouldn't be dictating if people can or cannot do these things to themesleves.

Then on a side not, legalizing drugs probably wouldn't have a huge leap in drug usage. When was the last time you heard of someone not using drugs because they're illegal?

Drugs could then be taxed as well.

thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts
[QUOTE="PhilMargera"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Theokhoth

So. . .this is an anti-pot topic?:?

The hardest drug I ever use is acetaminophen.

I was on morphine for when I sprained my neck... That was an interesting experience. Other than that, though, the most mind-altering drug I've ever done is Strattera (I have ADD), which is something I would not recommend.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
Yeah........no!
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
[QUOTE="gamer_10001"]

People should have the right to shoot whatever chemicals they want into their veins, or smoke whatever they want. The people who do this are responsible for their own choices and the government shouldn't be dictating if people can or cannot do these things to themesleves.

Then on a side not, legalizing drugs probably wouldn't have a huge leap in drug usage. When was the last time you heard of someone not using drugs because they're illegal?

Drugs could then be taxed as well.

This is, quite franklyy, crap. When you legalize a drug in a capitalist economy, you're creating a market and hence marketers for it. Their whole aim is then to sell you their product regardless of how much damage it does you. It's not just about rights, it's about avoiding aggressive encouragement. Likewise, taxation is the creation of a government incentive to keep a commodity legal. If a government wants increased tax revenue, all it has to do is allow for more aggressive selling. It's incredibly hard to wean a government off this kind of additional funding in the long term.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
All narcotics should be legalized and regulated. It would eliminate criminal organizations who run the markets for these substances and they would have to find new work. There would also be ways to go about seeking treatment and reliable/safe sources for them.