Conversation With Guy in Army

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MetallicaKings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 MetallicaKings
Member since 2004 • 4781 Posts

[QUOTE="MetallicaKings"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I don't think you know the people in the army TBH.....because my experience has been the opposite. And since I have some experience on the matter....then I guess for the sake of this subject...that makes me the expert so to speak.SpartanMSU

Alot of people post random BS to sound like they know stuff. But honestly, I have two brothers who are Army Rangers. One was discharged due to PTSS.

So? You aren't your brothers...you still have no military experience...

No no, I completely agree. Obviously I do not. Just from what Ive seen when I grew up. My brothers were always into the military, fighting the bad guys. Hell, they joined special forces. They always had that mentality, the army didnt put it in them, they did. But once again, thats just my experience with it. It can be completely different for other people.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts
[QUOTE="MetallicaKings"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="MetallicaKings"] I agree, their 'brainwashed state', their demeanor, their ego, all comes from them from the start. People who chose to join the army have this mentality. It's who they are. If they were brainwashed, it's from their child and adulthood.

I don't think you know the people in the army TBH.....because my experience has been the opposite. And since I have some experience on the matter....then I guess for the sake of this subject...that makes me the expert so to speak.

Alot of people post random BS to sound like they know stuff. But honestly, I have two brothers who are Army Rangers. One was discharged due to PTSS.

And having brothers in the military means what? You think negatively of your brothers? I'm not sure where you are going with this....
tepni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 tepni
Member since 2008 • 3214 Posts
[QUOTE="salutations2YOU"]Also, am I the only one who thinks that tepni wrote the entire 'transcript' in the OP? I doubt the OP actually spoke to a "guy in army".

If it were fake I would've exaggerated the way he was acting a lottt more. It was on fb chat. I would screenshot our convo but I exited out night of.
MetallicaKings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 MetallicaKings
Member since 2004 • 4781 Posts
[QUOTE="MetallicaKings"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I don't think you know the people in the army TBH.....because my experience has been the opposite. And since I have some experience on the matter....then I guess for the sake of this subject...that makes me the expert so to speak.LJS9502_basic

And having brothers in the military means what? You think negatively of your brothers? I'm not sure where you are going with this....

Just what I observed when growing up. How they acted, etc. They had the same mentality going in and coming out of training. Of course, this can be different for other people. Anyways, since you say you have more experience I take it you were in the military? I have a lot of respect for you LJ, keep up the good work :]
SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 SpartanMSU
Member since 2009 • 3440 Posts

[QUOTE="SpartanMSU"]

[QUOTE="MetallicaKings"] Alot of people post random BS to sound like they know stuff. But honestly, I have two brothers who are Army Rangers. One was discharged due to PTSS.MetallicaKings

So? You aren't your brothers...you still have no military experience...

No no, I completely agree. Obviously I do not. Just from what Ive seen when I grew up. My brothers were always into the military, fighting the bad guys. Hell, they joined special forces. They always had that mentality, the army didnt put it in them, they did. But once again, thats just my experience with it. It can be completely different for other people.

I was always into the military growing up, but I'm not a douchebag...

Loving your job/lifestyle doesn't equate to being a douchebag/tool...

tepni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 tepni
Member since 2008 • 3214 Posts

[QUOTE="tepni"][QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"] So what was so bad about your conversation exactly?..Xx_Hopeless_xX

Just annoyed me the way he was talking. The way he called them "bad guys". His ego.

So now people that are a threat to your country should be called?..Nice guys?...Friendly People?..Homies?..

Yeah. Homies. I don't see them as our enemies. I'm sorry, I just don't understand war. I don't think anything can change my opinion on it. I hate knowing that stranger vs stranger are just killing one another. For what? And so many people are hurt emotionally by this at home waiting for their son/daughter to get back, or to find out they're dead, I just find it all pointless. I'm all for peace & love, man.
muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

I don't find anything wrong with that really. He might be bragging but chances are he was probably in a kill or be killed situation. What really bugs me about this thread is that people are so snotty and think they're so high mighty because they are against a war.

Extreme pacifism is just as bad as extreme patriotism.

Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Logan1616
Member since 2008 • 3424 Posts
[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="tepni"] Just annoyed me the way he was talking. The way he called them "bad guys". His ego.tepni

So now people that are a threat to your country should be called?..Nice guys?...Friendly People?..Homies?..

Yeah. Homies. I don't see them as our enemies. I'm sorry, I just don't understand war. I don't think anything can change my opinion on it. I hate knowing that stranger vs stranger are just killing one another. For what? And so many people are hurt emotionally by this at home waiting for their son/daughter to get back, or to find out they're dead, I just find it all pointless. I'm all for peace & love, man.

Agreed with Tepni. War isn't always necessary, and people who just like to kill others are sick. And yeah, what exactly DO we kill people for? "For Freedom!" :lol: War is stupid.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

[QUOTE="tepni"] Just annoyed me the way he was talking. The way he called them "bad guys". His ego.tepni

Peace and love are wonderful concepts but humans will never live entirely that way. On a small scale look at crime...some of which is done to family and friends. On a bigger scale with countries where there are no friends and family.....it takes on a bigger scale fight.....but if someone IS trying to kill you...then I do think you'd consider them an enemy and attempt to defend yourself....and if not yourself....a wife, parent, child, friend...would you not?
SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 SpartanMSU

[QUOTE="tepni"][QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"] So now people that are a threat to your country should be called?..Nice guys?...Friendly People?..Homies?..

Logan1616

Agreed with Tepni. War isn't always necessary, and people who just like to kill others are sick. And yeah, what exactly DO we kill people for? "For Freedom!" :lol: War is stupid.

When did anyone ever say war is always necessary?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 LJS9502_basic

I don't find anything wrong with that really. He might be bragging but chances are he was probably in a kill or be killed situation. What really bugs me about this thread is that people are so snotty and think they're so high mighty because they are against a war.

muffincakes87
Extreme pacifism can lead to war.....
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Logan1616
Member since 2008 • 3424 Posts

[QUOTE="Logan1616"][QUOTE="tepni"] Yeah. Homies. I don't see them as our enemies. I'm sorry, I just don't understand war. I don't think anything can change my opinion on it. I hate knowing that stranger vs stranger are just killing one another. For what? And so many people are hurt emotionally by this at home waiting for their son/daughter to get back, or to find out they're dead, I just find it all pointless. I'm all for peace & love, man. SpartanMSU

I'm just saying in general, some people in the world say war is necessary. Not a direct quote of anyone here in OT>
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 p2250
Member since 2003 • 1520 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

It always does
On3ShotOneKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 On3ShotOneKill
Member since 2008 • 1219 Posts
[QUOTE="tepni"][QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"]

Just annoyed me the way he was talking. The way he called them "bad guys". His ego.tepni

Sad part is that not all people agree, and never will. There's people who would actually ENJOY killing you and I. Some of the people we are fighting enjoy killing, many do not. It's they way things are Tepeni.
On3ShotOneKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 On3ShotOneKill
Member since 2008 • 1219 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

Extreme pacifism = "Hey, come take me over and abuse me!!! I won't do any thing cuz I luv u"
muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

[QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

LJS9502_basic

Exactly. You need to know when taking action can cause the greater good.

MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

#1. He's just some kid making up stories.

#2. The Army doesn't care as long as they can follow orders and be kept in line. Sometimes certain soldiers are selected for selectadvanced infantry units because they are looking for an excuse to kill someone. So if you send that unit you know they won't question the reasoning behind the orders they will just follow the orders.

#3. The Military and it's N.C.O's as well C.O's don't care to hear the opinions nor beliefs of their soldiers. If they can't condition nor re-condition a soldier they can always replace that soldier.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 LJS9502_basic

#2. The Army doesn't care as long as they can follow orders and be kept in line. Sometimes certain soldiers are selected for selectadvanced infantry units because they are looking for an excuse to kill someone. So if you send that unit you know they won't question the reasoning behind the orders they will just follow the orders.

#3. The Military and it's N.C.O's as well C.O's don't care to hear the opinions nor beliefs of their soldiers. If they can't condition nor re-condition a soldier they can always replace that soldier.

MagnumPI
1 may be true...that's about it.
SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 SpartanMSU

[QUOTE="SpartanMSU"]

[QUOTE="Logan1616"] Agreed with Tepni. War isn't always necessary, and people who just like to kill others are sick. And yeah, what exactly DO we kill people for? "For Freedom!" :lol: War is stupid.Logan1616

I'm just saying in general, some people in the world say war is necessary. Not a direct quote of anyone here in OT>

War is necessary...SOMETIMES, you said people say ALWAYS. That's what I was referring to.

I pretty sure every sane human being doesn't think war is ALWAYS necessary...

SpartanMSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 SpartanMSU

MagnumPI

Aaaand yet another person who has no idea how the military works.

I mean honestly, where do people get this crap from? Movies?

Warship_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#172 Warship_19
Member since 2010 • 1565 Posts
This guy's an idiot I doubt he's actually in the army. People who wish they were big and better tend to lie about things like that.