Chomsky; "Blacks Have Had About Four Decades of Freedom."

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

So Asians and Indians are doing better than White people. How did that happen?

Maybe black victim advocates should put more emphasis on working hard, education and family.

Rather than just pointing fingers.

Maybe grow up

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
@marth6352 said:

I don't know man, I've met quite a few "ghetto thugs/people" and every time I say I'm in school I get appraise. While i certainly understand what you're saying in regards to educating yourself being looked down upon by some black people, that isn't the majority, I would say it's a vocal minority. You shouldn't let them make you fell bad or anything.

Most of the time going to college in itself isn't going to get you criticized. It's what you do after you finish college that will result in people getting mad at you. Nobody is going to care if you become a labor worker and you might even get props if you become a teacher. But become a police officer, join the military, or any other job that involves being an authority figure working directly for the government and you might find yourself on the receiving end of accusations of being an Uncle Tom.

Silent majorities aren't as loud as vocal minorities and those vocal minorities are what causes people like Michael Brown to embrace a thug culture and shun most successful black men. The president is an exception to being shunned because he goes against the idea that a black man would never be elected. Going back to Rick Ross, why do you think he rapped about being a drug trafficker? Would anybody bought his music if he rapped about being a CO?

And look at Stacey Dash and the filth these men and women are typing about her for calling out people that are demonizing all cops and helped breed the environment that caused those two NYPD officers to get murdered. Not to mention in 2012 when she endorsed Romney "House N*****" was one of the nicer things said about her. Reverse the races, as in making Dash and the people who criticized her white and there would be a huge outcry about how racist her critics are.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@thebest31406 said:

@GazaAli said:

I'm not American and I'm not that educated on the matter so I can't be an authority on it. That being said, whoever thinks that racism against African Americans is nonexistent and that there is no such thing as some sort of systematic marginalization and criminalization of the black demographics for one reason or another is delusional, living in a laughable bubble that is subject to burst any time in the future. You can only attribute so much to personal responsibility and accountability in an attempt to explain the statistics pertaining to the hardly disputable dire and ruinous social and economic conditions of the black demographics. There has to be an external effect contributing to such a status quo. Allowing such a status quo to persist is one such effect. That's a very shitty way of going about arranging and maintaining a social arrangement. Blacks are American citizens, they are a part of the American society. As such, the social and economic conditions of that demographics have to be the concern of the state in its entirety. If not for the sake of their fellow compatriots then for their own sake because this status quo only has the potential to backfire and bite society at large in the ass. I think the recent events corroborate that statement.

Well, I think you can only attribute so much to the nativity of certain individuals. Some of these folks are simply warmongering bigots who make the same bigoted excuses for every imperialist endeavor the US is engaged in. Surely you've notice that the same people use the same pretexts for the same illegitimate practices conducted by the US against certain territories. Latin America, Iraq, Libya, Palestine, territories here at home...all ravaged by war, all excused by the same rhetoric; "Oh well, they're criminal; they're depraved; they want to harm us; they harbor criminals as well as terrorists; they don't take responsibility for their actions..." It's the same garbage used to excuse just about every crime that the state commits against people. Now, that's not to say that there aren't some who are genuinely ignorant on this particular issue because I'm sure a few of them are. But the ones who tend to 'copy and paste' the same rhetoric in an attempt to validate these homeland security endeavors, they don't seem all that ignorant to me.

They seem extremely malicious and shockingly malignant and vicious, to me at least. I think you raised an interesting point now that I think about it. The very same users share the exact same views on the same issues, rationalizing any kind of transgression and wrongdoing through the same distorted and bogus pretexts over and over again. Its one size fit all with these guys because in reality it boils down to an elitist and hubristic attitude that is apathetic and indifferent to anything decent and truthful and to any injustice or suffering brought about by the actions of their ruling regime(s) against others. They wouldn't care enough to go into the trouble of validating whether any such actions were warranted or not and to what degree if so. You can expect with almost impeccable accuracy what their reaction will turn out to be to any shit perpetrated by those maintaining the bubble they live in. They evoke both pity and contempt in one' self.

Exactly. I only wish other users could see these bigots as they really are and quit "pleading their case" to them whenever these issues are brought up . It's so pathetic; it's like they have no self-respect.

Marth6352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 Marth6352
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts
@ad1x2 said:
@marth6352 said:

I don't know man, I've met quite a few "ghetto thugs/people" and every time I say I'm in school I get appraise. While i certainly understand what you're saying in regards to educating yourself being looked down upon by some black people, that isn't the majority, I would say it's a vocal minority. You shouldn't let them make you fell bad or anything.

Most of the time going to college in itself isn't going to get you criticized. It's what you do after you finish college that will result in people getting mad at you. Nobody is going to care if you become a labor worker and you might even get props if you become a teacher. But become a police officer, join the military, or any other job that involves being an authority figure working directly for the government and you might find yourself on the receiving end of accusations of being an Uncle Tom.

Silent majorities aren't as loud as vocal minorities and those vocal minorities are what causes people like Michael Brown to embrace a thug culture and shun most successful black men. The president is an exception to being shunned because he goes against the idea that a black man would never be elected. Going back to Rick Ross, why do you think he rapped about being a drug trafficker? Would anybody bought his music if he rapped about being a CO?

And look at Stacey Dash and the filth these men and women are typing about her for calling out people that are demonizing all cops and helped breed the environment that caused those two NYPD officers to get murdered. Not to mention in 2012 when she endorsed Romney "House N*****" was one of the nicer things said about her. Reverse the races, as in making Dash and the people who criticized her white and there would be a huge outcry about how racist her critics are.

Micheal Brown wasn't embracing thug culture; like honestly can you even say what THUG culture is? His father was living in a well of neighborhood, he was a victim of circumstance in that Zimmerman decided to follow him in the middle of the night and Trayvon retaliated, I don't blame him for what he did at all. You have to remember he was like 16/17 when he died.

Come on man, who do you think buys albums in this day and age? White kids, they are the ones "embracing thug culture" with their music purchases. But besides that point gangster rap died when Kanye West ended 50 cent's career back in like 06. If you look at the music being played now, its not gangster rap at all. Drake is the hottest rapper or the top 3, kendrick lamar is a close second, J. cole, etc.

J cole and Kendrick don't glorify any kind of thug culture, I mean you have a few people like bobby shmurda and chief keef but they are one hit wonders. The musical content of rap music has changed a lot in the past 8 years. Kid Cudi, Logic, Chance the Rapper, Wale, etc. It's really not what you think TBH. Most music on the radio is party music.

My problem with Rick Ross is he lied about what he does... he sold drugs apparently and was a correctional officer, while not unheard of(quite common) he puts on a fake show and that's what I and a couple if other people take problems with.

Stacey Dash is an idiot because she is part of a party that could care less about her... that's my problem. She's one of their poster children for diversity.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

@Black_Alpha_G said:

I'll just leave theselinks here, so people can deny it and claim it's not as bad as it seems, or use anecdotal evidence to refute it.

Neogaf is far more sophisticated than GS OT could ever dream. Once I become a member of the site, I'm leaving this trailer park.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

@ LJS 9502_basic: Full disclosure I am a black man. the deck is stacked against most black men. That is a fact. Do not get me wrong I'm not saying we should be sympathetic for black people or black men. Even though I think the Odds are stacked against us we still have it better than a very large percentage of the global population.

Having said that when you look at conviction rates against black people as opposed to other ethnic groups that commit the same crimes you have to be at least suspicious in regards to why there is no parity among conviction rates.

Additionally why is there such high coverage in the media of the crimes that are disproportionately committed by African Americans? How often do you see Ponzi schemers on the evening news every night? African Americans represent a very small percentage of the American population. A large percentage of black people are in jail when compared to the number of black people in the nation, but there are far more white people and people of other ethnicities in prison in regards to numbers than there are black people. However that does not matter to the media and to the American populace in general. Whenever you think of a criminal in your head, what do you think of? Most people think of a young to early thirties black male out on the street corner. The numbes say that makes up an extremely small percentage of the prison population but that is what the media and the government wants you to believe. in short the violent criminal black man is nowhere near the menace that the numbers say he is so why is that what is portrayed to America every breathing moment of the day?

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 sayyy-gaa

@magicalclick: http://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_race.jsp

The numbers do not lie but the media does.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#61 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Combating drugs via the "drug war" was racist? That's probably the funniest thing I've read all week.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Since it can't be their own fault for not wanting to better themselves, it must be a racist conspiracy.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 sayyy-gaa

@Stevo_the_gamer: combating the drug war by targeting low income housing and concentrating more on the users of the drugs as opposed to the distributors is indeed a form of racism and profiling.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 sayyy-gaa

@foxhound_fox: have you ever considered that perhaps both parts of your statements are true? Perhaps some do not want to better themselves but perhaps there is also a conspiracy.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#65 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Since it can't be their own fault for not wanting to better themselves, it must be a racist conspiracy.

Let's not even entertain for a second there may be some racist people in power. Reagan certainly was filth.

---

Mostly, Chomsky's talking historically.

Lol at anyone who calls chomsky an idiot, you people are truly clueless.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ad1x2

@Chozofication said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Let's not even entertain for a second there may be some racist people in power. Reagan certainly was filth.

---

Just because there might be some racist people in power doesn't mean that black men should just give up and blame the man for any problems they have. That may have worked in the 60s when politicians were openly racist because it would get them more votes in racist districts but we're a few days short of 2015.

Besides, a few racist individuals in the government aren't going to be able to do much when checks and balances come into play. If the Director of the CIA was forced to resign over a consensual affair that had nothing to do with his job imagine what would happen to an official who was outed passing obviously racist policies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@ad1x2 said:

@Chozofication said:

@foxhound_fox said:

---

Just because there might be some racist people in power doesn't mean that black men should just give up and blame the man for any problems they have. That may have worked in the 60s when politicians were openly racist because it would get them more votes in racist districts but we're a few days short of 2015.

Besides, a few racist individuals in the government aren't going to be able to do much when checks and balances come into play. If the Director of the CIA was forced to resign over a consensual affair that had nothing to do with his job imagine what would happen to an official who was outed passing obviously racist policies.

People fail to realize how Chomsky speaks - up front, plainly. There's no hidden or second meanings. He isn't dismissing personal responsibility but that hardly does anything to address what a crime on humanity the war on drugs is or the statistics of black drug offenses, which in no way is a *pure* coincidence.

Again, he's talking more historically, when the war on drugs started and the reagan administration. What makes you think he's talking more about 2015 when he mentions REAGAN? Use some sense.

It doesn't take much critical thinking to conclude if the war on drugs is a great unjust to all then it could also be against some more than others, which it is. The poor.

At the end of the day, whether the war on drugs was meant to incarcerate the poor at random or dis proportionately target *minorities* is irrelevant. Its purpose was to feed the prison system.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@Chozofication said:

People fail to realize how Chomsky speaks - up front, plainly. There's no hidden or second meanings. He isn't dismissing personal responsibility but that hardly does anything to address what a crime on humanity the war on drugs is or the statistics of black drug offenses, which in no way is a *pure* coincidence.

Again, he's talking more historically, when the war on drugs started and the reagan administration. What makes you think he's talking more about 2015 when he mentions REAGAN? Use some sense.

It doesn't take much critical thinking to conclude if the war on drugs is a great unjust to all then it could also be against some more than others, which it is. The poor.

At the end of the day, whether the war on drugs was meant to incarcerate the poor at random or dis proportionately target *minorities* is irrelevant. Its purpose was to feed the prison system.

Except the state gets nothing by having a heavily-populated prison system. Why would the government want people in prison when those people could be tax payers.

You guys are seeing monsters in the shadows when there aren't any.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ad1x2

@marth6352 said:
@ad1x2 said:

Micheal Brown wasn't embracing thug culture; like honestly can you even say what THUG culture is? His father was living in a well of neighborhood, he was a victim of circumstance in that Zimmerman decided to follow him in the middle of the night and Trayvon retaliated, I don't blame him for what he did at all. You have to remember he was like 16/17 when he died.

Come on man, who do you think buys albums in this day and age? White kids, they are the ones "embracing thug culture" with their music purchases. But besides that point gangster rap died when Kanye West ended 50 cent's career back in like 06. If you look at the music being played now, its not gangster rap at all. Drake is the hottest rapper or the top 3, kendrick lamar is a close second, J. cole, etc.

J cole and Kendrick don't glorify any kind of thug culture, I mean you have a few people like bobby shmurda and chief keef but they are one hit wonders. The musical content of rap music has changed a lot in the past 8 years. Kid Cudi, Logic, Chance the Rapper, Wale, etc. It's really not what you think TBH. Most music on the radio is party music.

My problem with Rick Ross is he lied about what he does... he sold drugs apparently and was a correctional officer, while not unheard of(quite common) he puts on a fake show and that's what I and a couple if other people take problems with.

Stacey Dash is an idiot because she is part of a party that could care less about her... that's my problem. She's one of their poster children for diversity.

I don't know why you are bringing up George Zimmerman over what happened to Michael Brown. Zimmerman wasn't a police officer and Darren Wilson was. Also, testimony pointed towards Brown starting the confrontation, people that claim Wilson was a racist that executed him just because he could were discredited. Either way, if you don't call shoving a store owner to the ground while stealing a part of thug culture then I don't know what you will.

Just because some white kids buy rap albums doesn't change the fact that some black kids don't have a problem embracing thug culture. Gangsta rap may not be as big as before (Nicki Minaj was more successful using a weird "Black Lady Gaga" gimmick than most other rappers were using gangster gimmicks) but a lot of rap music still embraces breaking the law and/or shunning authority. One of Drake's most famous lines was "21 years and I ain't never met a good cop," so it isn't like he's against bashing authority every now and then.

Rick Ross had good reason to lie about what he does. How long after the pictures of him in his CO uniform came out before other rappers as well as former fans were calling him "Officer Ricky?" There are rappers that claim to be soldiers that never served a day in the military but they don't usually get flack about it from their audience. There were people that were mad at 50 Cent for wearing a USMC dress jacket with multiple awards for valor attached to it but most of the people mad were vets and other pro-military people that didn't buy his music while most rap fans pretty much told the people complaining to go **** themselves.

Going to Kayne West, while he's married to a white woman he has no problem blaming the white man for everything bad that happens to black men and women. In regards to Stacey Dash, I guess he wouldn't have put her in All Falls Down (a song he mentioned the white man getting rich off of the misfortune of black people) knowing some of the things she talks about now. Regardless of whether or not you agree with her, are you excusing the racist things said about her by black men and women who don't agree with her? If a white woman endorsed a black Republican and she was called a N lover in response wouldn't you consider that out of line?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@airshocker said:

@Chozofication said:

Except the state gets nothing by having a heavily-populated prison system. Why would the government want people in prison when those people could be tax payers.

You guys are seeing monsters in the shadows when there aren't any.

Yeah, i'm sure they thought all those crack heads would be good taxpayers. Not everything the government does is to make more money. If they wanted more taxpayers, they would be treating drug abuse as an illness, not a crime. It's not a war on drugs it's a war on drug users.

---

And, back in Nixon's time I can guess a big reason for the policy was to take away from Vietnam, to make it seem like the govement was doing something for people at home.

Now, with all the private prison's it's certainly a money maker, for the owners of the prisons and politicians alike. There is a difference between a law initially and keeping it when it's clearly wrong.

The state itself is a kraken and it doesn't need to be in the shadows.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Chozofication said:

Yeah, i'm sure they thought all those crack heads would be good taxpayers. Not everything the government does is to make more money. If they wanted more taxpayers, they would be treating drug abuse as an illness, not a crime. It's not a war on drugs it's a war on drug users.

---

And, back in Nixon's time I can guess a big reason for the policy was to take away from Vietnam, to make it seem like the govement was doing something for people at home.

Now, with all the private prison's it's certainly a money maker, for the owners of the prisons and politicians alike. There is a difference between a law initially and keeping it when it's clearly wrong.

The state itself is a kraken and it doesn't need to be in the shadows.

Everything the government does is to make more money. Crack heads may not pay income taxes, but they sure as shit pay sales tax. People pay some type of tax as they survive. It makes no sense for the government to want these people to be locked up when they could be getting their coffers lined.

With all of the private prisons? There really aren't that many. Not enough to suggest that there's some conspiracy about keeping people in those prisons in order for these companies to make a buck.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@airshocker:

If everything the govement does is to make money they're not doing a very good job. The size of the state is already pretty much at its peak anyways, they can just maintain it on the credit card like they've been doing.

It doesn't even matter if the government loses more taxpayers with how things work now, they'll just increase the taxes for the people already paying. If it's all about taxes they could cut that tax code down to a few pages and stop giving the rich a free pass, think of all the taxes that would give them.

I'm not talking about funds for the government i'm talking about lined pockets.

I don't know the inmate count in private prisons, and but I know there's more than a hundred prisons that hold tens of thousands of innmates. Care to give me your numbers?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ad1x2
@Chozofication said:

@ad1x2 said:

@Chozofication said:

@foxhound_fox said:

---

I'll bite and say that drug enforcement is putting more black men behind bars than white men. But you have to ask yourself, it is due to racism or is it due to white drug users just being smarter about how they acquire their stash? I knew people that have used drugs off and on since they are children and they are pushing their 60s, yet their records are clean. And yes, they are black.

Maybe at a later time I'll take the time to sit through the video. But think about what is going on ITT. Half of the posters are trying their best to excuse black criminals of all personal responsibility and are trying to state that it's a huge ongoing conspiracy to keep black men behind bars. I'm black, but my criminal record consists of one speeding ticket I got on the Fourth of July in 2005 while on leave from Iraq. It's not because I'm lucky, it's because I made sure I didn't partake in such actions as doing drugs, stealing, etc.

No matter how much power you give racist officials that are making laws that power is useless when you do the right thing and don't break those laws. You can't give me a life sentence for selling a truckload of coke if you can't catch me selling a truckload of coke. Instead of dwelling on the past we need to think about the present and concentrate on the future.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 sayyy-gaa

@ad1x2: as I said to someone else in this thread have you considered the both parts of your argument may be true?there are several black people that do not take accountability for their actions or their crimes but there also is a conspiracy in place against black people.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By sayyy-gaa

Dupe post deleted

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#76 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@airshocker said:
@thebest31406 said:

@top_lel said:

@thebest31406 said:

@marth6352 said:

Someone on this website is going to deny what he said as false and playing the race card...

Someone? I foresee...eight users?

You can already see one and then you have the sociopath.

lol oh yeah. Well, there's plenty of evil out there on the internet...some of it was bound to seep into gamespot's off topic.

The only evil in this world is the people who have the power to change the world but are too cowardly to do so. That's truly evil.

So cowards are the only evil?

What about mass murderers? serial killers?

Marth6352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Marth6352

@ad1x2 said:

@marth6352 said:
@ad1x2 said:

I don't know why you are bringing up George Zimmerman over what happened to Michael Brown. Zimmerman wasn't a police officer and Darren Wilson was. Also, testimony pointed towards Brown starting the confrontation, people that claim Wilson was a racist that executed him just because he could were discredited. Either way, if you don't call shoving a store owner to the ground while stealing a part of thug culture then I don't know what you will.

Just because some white kids buy rap albums doesn't change the fact that some black kids don't have a problem embracing thug culture. Gangsta rap may not be as big as before (Nicki Minaj was more successful using a weird "Black Lady Gaga" gimmick than most other rappers were using gangster gimmicks) but a lot of rap music still embraces breaking the law and/or shunning authority. One of Drake's most famous lines was "21 years and I ain't never met a good cop," so it isn't like he's against bashing authority every now and then.

Rick Ross had good reason to lie about what he does. How long after the pictures of him in his CO uniform came out before other rappers as well as former fans were calling him "Officer Ricky?" There are rappers that claim to be soldiers that never served a day in the military but they don't usually get flack about it from their audience. There were people that were mad at 50 Cent for wearing a USMC dress jacket with multiple awards for valor attached to it but most of the people mad were vets and other pro-military people that didn't buy his music while most rap fans pretty much told the people complaining to go **** themselves.

Going to Kayne West, while he's married to a white woman he has no problem blaming the white man for everything bad that happens to black men and women. In regards to Stacey Dash, I guess he wouldn't have put her in All Falls Down (a song he mentioned the white man getting rich off of the misfortune of black people) knowing some of the things she talks about now. Regardless of whether or not you agree with her, are you excusing the racist things said about her by black men and women who don't agree with her? If a white woman endorsed a black Republican and she was called a N lover in response wouldn't you consider that out of line?

Alright, my first paragraph was a typo. I meant to say Trayvon Martin in the first sentence.

But I'm confused as to what IS thug culture? You are associating him robbing the store with an overarching thug culture. Where do you cross the line at what is thuggish and what is not but still criminal? Bernie Madoff screwed over way more people, yet I doubt you call him a thug.

If you are buying the albums then you are embracing thug culture... Especially to the point that if you don't buy albums/attend live shows; then how exactly will an artist create income to stay relevant? Record companies would not be selling "thug music" if people didn't buy it. I hate to say but a whole lot of music talks about breaking the law and it is definitely up to the person to discern music from reality. You can't forget about the rappers that don't have the opposite to "thug music".

I really don't see how your third paragraph is relevant to our discussion at all. That's not even thuggish that's just insensitive. Can we start calling people that wear rosary beads and aren't catholic thuggish too?

I agree Kanye West did a complete 180 with marrying KIM K after his line in "Gold Digger". But I am in no way endorsing those kind of comments against stacey dash or our hypothetical white woman- I never said that.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ad1x2

@marth6352: The third paragraph was in regards to people that hate Rick Ross and call him fake because they're mad at him for rapping about being a drug lord when he was really a prison guard. People bash him for that but give rappers that rap about being soldiers a free pass and bash anybody that calls them out on it. You specifically mentioned being mad at him for misrepresenting his past so that's why put it there.

Marth6352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Marth6352

@ad1x2 said:

@marth6352: The third paragraph was in regards to people that hate Rick Ross and call him fake because they're mad at him for rapping about being a drug lord when he was really a prison guard. People bash him for that but give rappers that rap about being soldiers a free pass and bash anybody that calls them out on it. You specifically mentioned being mad at him for misrepresenting his past so that's why put it there.

I don't recall where this was ever a problem. Links?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ad1x2

@marth6352 said:

@ad1x2 said:

I don't recall where this was ever a problem. Links?

About a year or two ago a poster named Bucked (he was either banned or just got bored here) posted a thread that made fun of a vet that was upset about 50 Cent wearing a USMC jacket in one of his promotional photos. Can't remember the article he linked but I could probably find it and a few others that talk about the same thing on Google if I wanted to.

In that particular thread many of the posters sided with him, talking about it was no big deal he was wearing a Marine's uniform but had no problem bashing Rick Ross for pretending to be a drug lord, like being a drug dealer is worthy of more respect (yes, I'm opening myself up with that line for people that hate the military and think drugs should be legal but you get what I'm saying).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@evildead6789 said:

@airshocker said:
@thebest31406 said:

@top_lel said:

@thebest31406 said:

@marth6352 said:

Someone on this website is going to deny what he said as false and playing the race card...

Someone? I foresee...eight users?

You can already see one and then you have the sociopath.

lol oh yeah. Well, there's plenty of evil out there on the internet...some of it was bound to seep into gamespot's off topic.

The only evil in this world is the people who have the power to change the world but are too cowardly to do so. That's truly evil.

So cowards are the only evil?

What about mass murderers? serial killers?

Cowards who do nothing to stop the genocide happening throughout the world, absolutely.