Caucasian lesbian couple given black donor's sperm by accident and sue. Is the lawsuit racist or not? (read post before voting)

• 196 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Caucasian lesbian couple given black donor's sperm by accident and sue. Is the lawsuit racist or not? (read post before voting) (83 votes)

No, it isn't racist, they are just suing for the clinic's mistake 73%
Yes, it is racist, they should welcome a mixed child into the world 2%
It is both, the clinic was wrong but they are racist too 24%

Story.

Jennifer Cramblett and her partner decided to go to Midwest Sperm Bank so they can have a child. She decided to sue after she discovered that the sperm was not from the white donor she and her partner chose, but from an African-American donor instead. She already gave birth to a mixed child as a result of the mix-up.

The main points of the lawsuit claim that they will be subject to discrimination and other difficulties because of the type of area they are in. Supposedly their area isn't very tolerant towards people who are not of the fairer completion and they fear they may have to move as a result. She admits that she has “limited cultural competency” in regards of raising a mixed child.

Also, when the clinic receptionist asked Cramblett if she’d requested an African-American donor she replied “No, why would I request that? My partner and I are Caucasian.”

Do you think the lawsuit is a result of racism on the mother's part? Or is it completely because the clinic screwed up? Or is it because of both racism and the clinic's incompetence?

• 
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
@BranKetra said:

I do not see the connection that would make the clinic accountable for the racism of others. Yes, they did perform their duty in a way other than what was requested, but it is not their fault that an area has racial tensions. That is beyond their control.

They're not being sued because the area is racist. They're being sued because being an interracial family in a racist area is (allegedly) detrimental to that family's way of life. And being an interracial family IS the clinic's fault. The parents, anticipating this (alleged) racism, chose a white donor in order to avoid these problems. If the clinic hadn't let the parents choose the donor and then given a donor other than what was chosen, then the parents wouldn't be stuck with a mixed-race child in an area where racism is (allegedly) common. This situation wasn't out of the clinic's control at all, it is a direct result of them letting the parents choose the donor and then giving them a different donor without the parents' consent. This is the clinic's fault. The parents took the necessary precautions to ensure that their child wouldn't be the victim of this (alleged) racism, and then the clinic, without the parents' consent, rendered those precautions moot.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#153 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@korvus said:

@BranKetra: So if I lend you my car, you leave it at my door with the keys on the ignition and it gets stolen because I live in a bad neighborhood the blame of it being stolen is not on you because you're not responsible for the neighborhood? Yeah, maybe it wouldn't have gotten stolen in a good neighborhood, but the fact remains that if you hadn't screwed up the problem would not have happened.

True, but you do not have the grounds for a lawsuit because of that mistake.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 branketra

@thegerg said:

@BranKetra said:

@korvus said:

@BranKetra: So if I lend you my car, you leave it at my door with the keys on the ignition and it gets stolen because I live in a bad neighborhood the blame of it being stolen is not on you because you're not responsible for the neighborhood? Yeah, maybe it wouldn't have gotten stolen in a good neighborhood, but the fact remains that if you hadn't screwed up the problem would not have happened.

Of course he does. Your negligence contributed to his financial loss. (Not saying you'd be held liable, but still.)

If "I" (the clinic) am not held liable, then who is?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By MrGeezer

And since analogies are fun, here's another one. You go online and order a $5000 Whatever. The seller provides multiple delivery options, including leaving it on your doorstep, or not delivering without someone to sign for the product. You, knowing that you live in a bad neighborhood and that you're ordering a $5000 product, obviously opt for a signature to be required. Later on, after you fail to receive the product, you check with the seller and find out that they had it left on your doorstep against your consent. While the box was sitting there on your doorstep, someone came along and stole it. Now you go to the seller and demand your money back, and they tell you, "pfft, not our fault you live in a bad area."

You, as the customer who got screwed over, probably aren't gonna be satisfied with that reply. After all, you knew ahead of time that someone would steal the shit if it was left on your doorstep, that's precisely why you chose the delivery option that required you to personally sign for it. It's not the seller's fault that you live in a bad area, but it was their obligation as a business to deliver on their promises. If they gave you the option of having to sign for it in person, then it's on them to deliver on that option. If they can't guarantee that it won't be left unattended on your doorstep, then they shouldn't have the option of signed delivery. That way, you the consumer know that buying from them is too risky, and you can get the product from somewhere else. In this case, you're out of $5000 because the seller gave you false information and didn't deliver on what was promised. You knew the risks and took precautions against the risks, but it still didn't matter because the seller undid those precautions without your consent. If they'd so much as said, "sorry, for some reason we can't do signed delivery this time," then at the very least you could have cancelled your order and not been out of $5000.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 branketra

@thegerg said:

@BranKetra said:

@thegerg said:

@BranKetra said:

@korvus said:

Of course he does. Your negligence contributed to his financial loss. (Not saying you'd be held liable, but still.)

If "I" (the clinic) am not held liable, then who is?

It depends, and I'm not saying you you wouldn't be held liable.

What are you saying, thegerg?

@MrGeezer: These analogies are comparing items with cost to life that is priceless.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By branketra
@thegerg said:

@BranKetra: Go back and read my posts. It's right there in black and white.

@thegerg said:

No one is suggesting that the clinic be held accountable for the racism of others.

"they did perform their duty in a way other than what was requested"

No. Their duty is to provide the patients the sperm of the donor selected, they did NOT do that.

The main points of the lawsuit claim that they will be subject to discrimination and other difficulties because of the type of area they are in.Supposedly their area isn't very tolerant towards people who are not of the fairer completion and they fear they may have to move as a result. She admits that she has “limited cultural competency” in regards of raising a mixed child.

The lawsuit is not about the discrimination of the clinic. It is the discrimination of the community they live in and the community is not facing a lawsuit, but the clinic is.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By MrGeezer

@BranKetra said:

@MrGeezer: These analogies are comparing items with cost to life that is priceless.

Right. Most people would be fuming mad if they lost their PS4 over this kind of screwup, and that's something where it's easy as hell to get an identical replacement for what was lost. The child that the couple would have had if the clinic hadn't screwed up? There is no identical replacement unit for that. That kid is gone forever, replaced by one that the couple didn't ask for. Furthermore, the new child is a lifelong commitment, and there's no way to "refund" the mother for the 9 months she spent carrying a child. This would be a big deal even if it were JUST a product like jewelry or a computer. The fact that this involves people lives and their families makes the screw-up much, much worse. If the couple had simply ordered a computer and been sent the wrong model, that's an easy fix because all that would require is swapping it out for the right one. Can't exactly do that here, though.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By branketra

@MrGeezer said:

@BranKetra said:

Right. Most people would be fuming mad if they lost their PS4 over this kind of screwup, and that's something where it's easy as hell to get an identical replacement for what was lost. The child that the couple would have had if the clinic hadn't screwed up? There is no identical replacement unit for that. That kid is gone forever, replaced by one that the couple didn't ask for. Furthermore, the new child is a lifelong commitment, and there's no way to "refund" the mother for the 9 months she spent carrying a child. This would be a big deal even if it were JUST a product like jewelry or a computer. The fact that this involves people lives and their families makes the screw-up much, much worse. If the couple had simply ordered a computer and been sent the model, that's an easy fix because all that would require is swapping it out for the right one. Can't exactly do that here, though.

I understand what you are saying and that is perfectly reasonable. Making a lawsuit about the discrimination of others is something that is more questionable. The premise of a lawsuit is what matters and it is not something that has potential to be fruitful in this situation, I believe. That said, I am not a lawyer (though one of my relative's clients recommended I go to school for it), so there could be a way for this to succeed that I am not aware of.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

You said if you aren't honest with your child then you are scared to be a parent. So now when given some instances wherein I ask if you'd be honest....your answer is no. That is backpedaling.

Thank you....all I wanted to see you say.

WITH EXPLANATION! Jesus fucking Christ, you're a pain to debate with.

You can shout and swear all you want but you did say if you can't be honest then you're scared to be a parent which you reversed later.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 branketra

@thegerg said:

Again, no one is suggesting that the clinic be held accountable for the racism of others. What you've posted there does not change that.

You and I clearly have a different understanding of what is occurring. I am interested in knowing what yours is beyond what you have already said.

Also, the following is saying the same thing in two different ways.

@thegerg said:

No. Their duty is to provide the patients the sperm of the donor selected, they did NOT do that.

Both state they had a duty and both state they did not do it. The difference is that my statement goes further and declares the action that took place instead.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 LJS9502_basic

@BranKetra said:

@korvus said:

I wouldn't say he didn't have grounds.....

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Back to the topic at hand, it's hard to really say what in the hearts of those pursuing the lawsuit so I can't really say it isn't or is racist

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 dave123321

Negligence would be something that may come into play with the car thing, right?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 dave123321

@BranKetra: life is valued in monetary terms at times

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#171 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

You can shout and swear all you want but you did say if you can't be honest then you're scared to be a parent which you reversed later.

I never reversed what I said. I said you need to be honest with explanation. If you still choose to ignore that, we're done here.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 LJS9502_basic

@JustPlainLucas said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I never reversed what I said. I said you need to be honest with explanation. If you still choose to ignore that, we're done here.

I'm just going to leave this here.....

@JustPlainLucas said:

Here's how I view people who keep things from their children. They're too scared to raise their children.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 dave123321

It seems that Lucas has stayed consistent on what he has said. His clarification giving his posts throughout the same level of meaning.m

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 JustPlainLucas

@LJS9502_basic said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I'm just going to leave this here.....

@JustPlainLucas said:

Here's how I view people who keep things from their children. They're too scared to raise their children.

How many times do I have to tell you you're ignoring everything else I said? Removing context does not help your case.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

damn.

nothing could make the plight of the black man more clear than when the lesbians are afraid their mixed child will make them subject to persecution.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 branketra

@thegerg said:

@BranKetra said:

@thegerg said:

Again, no one is suggesting that the clinic be held accountable for the racism of others. What you've posted there does not change that.

You and I clearly have a different understanding of what is occurring. I am interested in knowing what yours is beyond what you have already said.

Also, the following is saying the same thing in two different ways.

@thegerg said:

Both state they had a duty and both state they did not do it. The difference is that my statement goes further and declares the action that took place instead.

"You and I clearly have a different understanding of what is occurring. I am interested in knowing what yours is beyond what you have already said."

It is my understanding that this clinic provided this woman with a sperm sample that was different than what they told her it was. The child that resulted from the insemination is one that faces certain obstacles that the parents were not prepared for and seem unsure of how to deal with. Had the clinic not misrepresented the sample they were providing these issues would not exist. That's my understanding.

"Both state they had a duty and both state they did not do it.The difference is that my statement goes further and declares the action that took place instead."

No. Your claim is that the clinic DID perform its duty. Remember, that whole "they did perform their duty" thing you posted. That did not happen in this case. The clinic misrepresented the sample it was providing the couple, the clinic has a duty to not misrepresent what it's giving to clients.

Your stated understanding is the same as mine, so I am unsure where the disconnect is.

At no point did I say that clinic did their duty. I said they did their duty in a way other than what was asked. In other words, they did it incorrectly. If they were disingenuous when they provided donor information then I have an inaccurate understanding of the situation. However, that clarity has not been provided by evidence.

Anyway, the couple has made it clear they are not racist in any possible way beyond the unconscious, so it is not them who is worthy of being under suspicious of that ethical wrongness except for the admitted generational racism.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 branketra

@thegerg: I said I did not do something. You are going to have get over it.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By MrGeezer

@BranKetra said:

@MrGeezer said:

@BranKetra said:

Right. Most people would be fuming mad if they lost their PS4 over this kind of screwup, and that's something where it's easy as hell to get an identical replacement for what was lost. The child that the couple would have had if the clinic hadn't screwed up? There is no identical replacement unit for that. That kid is gone forever, replaced by one that the couple didn't ask for. Furthermore, the new child is a lifelong commitment, and there's no way to "refund" the mother for the 9 months she spent carrying a child. This would be a big deal even if it were JUST a product like jewelry or a computer. The fact that this involves people lives and their families makes the screw-up much, much worse. If the couple had simply ordered a computer and been sent the model, that's an easy fix because all that would require is swapping it out for the right one. Can't exactly do that here, though.

I understand what you are saying and that is perfectly reasonable. Making a lawsuit about the discrimination of others is something that is more questionable. The premise of a lawsuit is what matters and it is not something that has potential to be fruitful in this situation, I believe. That said, I am not a lawyer (though one of my relative's clients recommended I go to school for it), so there could be a way for this to succeed that I am not aware of.

The lawsuit isn't about the discrimination of others, the lawsuit is about the actions of the clinic. If the clinic had given the couple the sperm that they chose, or if the couple actually CHOSE sperm from that particular black man, then there would be no grounds for a lawsuit regardless of how much racism the family is experiencing. The lawsuit is still totally about the clinic letting them choose the donor and then giving them a different donor against their will. The talk about the racism in the area is simply a means of expanding upon how the family has experienced hardship.

Or think of it like this...even if the donor had been a white man (just a different white man than the ones that the parents chose), then the family would STILL have grounds to sue even though they weren't experiencing racism that an interracial family would experience in that area. Whereas if the parents had CHOSEN that particular black donor, they'd have no grounds to sue. Because then the clinic is just giving the parents what they ask for, and if that causes problems then that was the parents' job to think about that beforehand.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 LJS9502_basic

@JustPlainLucas said:

How many times do I have to tell you you're ignoring everything else I said? Removing context does not help your case.

You just don't want to quit do you? I specifically asked you about that statement in regards to parenting in general without the context of this thread. And you upheld that opinion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 branketra
@LJS9502_basic said:

I wouldn't say he didn't have grounds.....

That is really something. That sort of premise occurred with a lawsuit back in 2012 and earlier in 2010. No specific damages were pursued in 2012, but approval of negligence was, The damages and extent of injuries were not included in the appeals process of the Tennessee 2010 lawsuit and that higher court ruled against the owner whose car was stolen.

I ask when do we stop. I wonder if a home owner would be considered negligent by leaving their door unlocked and a thief enters and steals from them by a court.

@MrGeezer said:

The lawsuit isn't about the discrimination of others, the lawsuit is about the actions of the clinic. If the clinic had given the couple the sperm that they chose, or if the couple actually CHOSE sperm from that particular black man, then there would be no grounds for a lawsuit regardless of how much racism the family is experiencing. The lawsuit is still totally about the clinic letting them choose the donor and then giving them a different donor against their will. The talk about the racism in the area is simply a means of expanding upon how the family has experienced hardship.

Or think of it like this...even if the donor had been a white man (just a different white man than the ones that the parents chose), then the family would STILL have grounds to sue even though they weren't experiencing racism that an interracial family would experience in that area. Whereas if the parents had CHOSEN that particular black donor, they'd have no grounds to sue. Because then the clinic is just giving the parents what they ask for, and if that causes problems then that was the parents' job to think about that beforehand.

I did some research into this event beyond what the OP said and you are right that the main point is not about the discrimination of others. From the ChicagoTribune,"Cramblett is suing Midwest Sperm Bank for wrongful birth and breach of warranty, citing the emotional and economic losses she has suffered." I wish people would be more clear when making threads.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 dave123321

@BranKetra: it was pretty clear what the lawsuit was about my man from the OP.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By JustPlainLucas

@LJS9502_basic said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

You just don't want to quit do you? I specifically asked you about that statement in regards to parenting in general without the context of this thread. And you upheld that opinion.

I think you're stuck on this part.

JustPlainLucas said: You certainly don't tell a kid they suck at anything.

Which would make it seem like I'm backpedaling, but you should read the rest.

JustPlainLucas said: You explain to them how and why they aren't doing well in those areas, and suggest things they can do to improve. You devote more time to helping your child study in math. If they aren't good at soccer, you have them try other sports until they find something they're good at. You don't just sit on the bleachers going, "Go Timmy! You're doing great!" while whispering to yourself "even though you never score a goal". You can't keep letting the child think it's doing ok when it's not. You're doing a disservice to the child, because the real world will eat them up when they become adults.

I upheld my position that you need to be honest with your kids, and explain WHY you're being honest with them. If you want to find me the EXACT quote where I backpedaled, please present it because I can't find it.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#185 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

That's awkward, but I can see why the clinic would be liable for this screw-up.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 branketra

@dave123321 said:

@BranKetra: it was pretty clear what the lawsuit was about my man from the OP.

That is wrong.

The main points of the lawsuit claim that they will be subject to discrimination and other difficulties because of the type of area they are in.

It is not about that.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#187 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

I reckon there is a little bit of racism going on but if you break it down to it's bare facts, they did not get what they paid for. It's like going to Macdonalds for a vanilla milkshake but then getting home and it's chocolate.

Nothing wrong with chocolate but it's not what was ordered....

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@korvus said:

@GazaAli: I wouldn't be so sure. If she gets bullied in school for being mixed race, I don't think it's a stretch for her to say (especially at teenage years) "You guys had a chance to help preventing other children from going through the kind of bullying I'm getting now and yet you did nothing. Why?"

Also, my quote was in answer to your "she won't question it unless she's racist" and I was giving you my opinion why racism has nothing to do with her questioning why her white mothers chose a black donor.

You know man, I really do like you and find you a very decent and courteous fella, but sometimes you make me chuckle. I just don't know how to put it into words, but your attitude and your views on human nature and society at large sometimes amuse me. What are the chances of her growing up to be that kind of a teenager? And if by some statistical miracle she did grow up to be that kind of philanthropic, altruistic teenager, how little of an impact do you think her hipster lobbying crap would make, if it made any impact at all?

I find this very, very intriguing. I'll send you a PM later to explain why.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#189 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@GazaAli said:

You know man, I really do like you and find you a very decent and courteous fella, but sometimes you make me chuckle. I just don't know how to put it into words, but your attitude and your views on human nature and society at large sometimes amuse me.

First time we ever agreed on something. I knew it would happen eventually XD

My opinion comes from my personal experiences, and I'm assuming you do the same. We live in very different places so is it so strange that people here act differently from people there?

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Why is the ethnicity of the sperm even an issue here?

They wanted Sperm X and got Sperm Y... the clinic made a mistake and they want it corrected (and since the child can't be changed, they are seeking financial reparations for damages).

Only a racist can make this an issue of race.

pseudo-intelectual neckbeardery as usual

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5343 Posts

While open communication and constructive discussion (including respectful disagreement) is encouraged, please refrain from name-calling in your posts.

In other words, let's keep it civil, posters.

Regards,

GameSpot Moderation Team

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#192 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

"The main points of the lawsuit claim that they will be subject to discrimination and other difficulties because of the type of area they are in. Supposedly their area isn't very tolerant towards people who are not of the fairer completion and they fear they may have to move as a result". If the area isn't "tolerant" towards non-whites, is it tolerant to lesbians? Then again maybe they live in a wealthy, white, liberal, area that is snobbish and racist in its own ways.

I guess you could see it as racist. I don't really agree with same-sex couples raising children though. The bigger issue for this kid is not that he's mixed-race but that he's being raised without a father.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#193 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@foxhound_fox said:

They wanted Sperm X and got Sperm Y... the clinic made a mistake and they want it corrected (and since the child can't be changed, they are seeking financial reparations for damages).

Sorry but that's not even intellectual

IT s common sense, lol

The clinic made a big mistake here. This is like having an ivf only they use the sperm from another partner. They didn't want that sperm, but someone else, the clinic fucked up and has to pay the damages. end of story.

I would really like to see what happens when a black couple get's chinese sperm, the clinic has a great responsiblity here. Imo they should shut that clinic down immediately.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#194  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Um... is this just the default response to any sort of serious answer these days on the forum? Just some asinine, immature response that accomplishes nothing? Or can you not brain today because you has the dumb?

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 whipassmt

@Riverwolf007 said:

damn.

nothing could make the plight of the black man more clear than when the lesbians are afraid their mixed child will make them subject to persecution.

lol. good point.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 whipassmt

I had earlier said that they might be racist. In thinking further, I don't think we can conclude that they are racist. Their issue seems to be that they are suing because of problems/difficulties that might arise from them and the kid being picked on because it is mixed race, not that they are upset that the kid is mixed per se.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@korvus said:

@GazaAli said:

You know man, I really do like you and find you a very decent and courteous fella, but sometimes you make me chuckle. I just don't know how to put it into words, but your attitude and your views on human nature and society at large sometimes amuse me.

First time we ever agreed on something. I knew it would happen eventually XD

My opinion comes from my personal experiences, and I'm assuming you do the same. We live in very different places so is it so strange that people here act differently from people there?

People are pretty much the same everywhere. Things like different geopolitical conditions and socio-economic ones that are strictly bound to the immediate present allow for what appears to be an endless spectrum of variety within the human race. Just let the Dutch people for example take a whiff of a shortage in food supply and feast your eyes with the repugnant spectacle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#198 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@GazaAli: I know it's confusing, but when I say "here" I still mean Portugal, since I don't know the Dutch well enough yet (not saying Portuguese people are better, I just spent more time with them =P)

But if everyone is roughly the same everywhere then I'm sure you know some teenagers who aren't moody and selfish? Why do you group all teenagers in the same bunch? At the age of 16 I was a team leader of a group of roughly 20 programmers...a friend of mine opened his first shoe store at the age of 19, by the age of 21 he had 8 stores spread throughout the country. A cousin of mine finished college at 18. Why would it take a statistical miracle for a girl to grow into someone who cares about other children being bullied? Don't most kids over there? Where's the fault in my view of human nature in this particular situation?

Hope I don't come across as offensive but sometimes you sound really cynical...in my opinion that's not a happy way to live. I believe being open-minded and hopeful in the goodness of others (without excessively risking your own safety) makes for a less traumatic journey.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@whipassmt said:

I guess you could see it as racist. I don't really agree with same-sex couples raising children though. The bigger issue for this kid is not that he's mixed-race but that he's being raised without a father.

Of course, you're an unapologetic bigot towards homosexuals. Why don't we go around and round up kids that are being raised by single mothers as well!

I can't wait until the old social conservatives in this country die off en mass.