Cannibalism debate

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

What if somebody has it in their will that they are to be consumed by consenting adults when they die? What actual justifications exist for not being permitted to consume the individual? What is wrong with the actual consumption of the human flesh?

All I can think of are the health risks. But we let people consume copious amounts of food, cigarettes, alcohol and medications...

Once again, the anti-cannibalism nuts can't actually answer the hard-hitting questions.

The__Kraken
You just answered it by telling me that there are health risks.
Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts
I'm sure cannibalism is a tough market. It's a Doug-eat-Doug world man. -Tish-
Doug?
The__Kraken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 The__Kraken
Member since 2012 • 858 Posts

You just answered it by telling me that there are health risks.MrGeezer

The consumption of undercooked beef, poultry, pork is just as wrong as the consumption of human flesh.

The consumption of unclean water is just as wrong as eating a humans brain.

The smoking of cigarettes is as wrong as eating somebodies flesh.

Health risks and all that. Or is the consumption of human flesh more wrong than any of the above? If it is, then what makes the consumption of human flesh more wrong?

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Rhazakna"] As I expected you didn't answer anything I asked, or provide any justification for why any third party should be able to enforce their preferences on others. I understand your arbitrary standard, I'm asking why you or anyone else should have the ability to inflict it on others.By this asinine standard, cops should raid BDSM clubs and arrest all the doms fore assault and maybe attempted murder. Your moral prescriptions are incoherent and absurd. You don't even have a bad argument, all you have are assertions of your moronic opinions.

The very easy answer is, society doesn't f***ing work when we're allowed to kill each other. So there are laws against us killing other people. Society is largely built around PROTECTING people from those who would take advantage of them. "People who would kill and eat you" generally tends to fit within those parameters. Sure...there are certainly SOME situations in which it is okay to kill a person. Fewer situations in which it is okay to eat another person. Even fewer situations in which it's okay to kill another person and THEN eat him or her. For starters, this is WAY too subject to abuse, since killing a person and then eating them sort of means that they aren't around to undergo a psychiatric evaluation to determine that they weren't extremely mentally ill. We can't exactly determine that the person was sane and in good mental health AFTER he was killed and eaten, so there's a flat-out ban. Even if he signed an extensive contract, there's no way of determining that he wasn't f***ed in the head, and that the person who killed and ate him wasn't just taking advantage of someone who was extremely mentally ill. It's also illegal to have sexual intercourse with a child, even if he or she says it's okay? Why? Because it's deemed that small children can't appreciate or deal with the ramifications of sex. They aren't mentally and intellectually able to give consent, so it's all on the adult who's giving it to them. That's protecting them from people who damn sure know better. F*** a child and you go to prison (even if they ask for it). Kill and eat a dude, you go to prison (even if he asks for it). It's not about the fact that they wanted it, it's about the fact that you f***ing knew better and still did it anyway.

"Society" also doesn't function if people hurt each other. So yet again, why does this standard of yours not apply to consensual violence in other cases? You're perfectly OK with allowing people to be beaten, choked, stabbed, strangled and all other manners of abuse. Why does the line come when someone wants to die? Why step in then? Because they have psychological problems? All sorts of sexual desires are because of psychological issues, and we don't go interjecting there/ Because they can't come back? That's entirely arbitrary. If someone was in fact of sound mind, and wanted to be eaten and killed for sexua graitfication, would you accept it? Or can a supposedly free individual never get to decide when they want to die if they're not already close to death? If you look into the nature of sexual fetishes, you'll find that it's not really something that can be fundamentally changed. It can be suppressed, but that's it. If someone truly has a fetish for being eaten, that's probably not something any therapy sessions can "cure". What you're saying amounts to prescribing that certain people can never express their consensual sexual desires. You have not justified this, and your example of a child wanting sex is a false analogy. You still haven't justified why a third party should be able to insert themselves in a consensual action between adults. Despite your long-winded, nigh unreadable bloviating, all you've really said is "well those people may have psychological problems and are being taken advantage of", which applies to all sorts of totally acceptable behavior that no rational person would ban. We're talking about prescriptive ethics, here. Try to keep up.
applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts

[QUOTE="applesxc47"]

What's wrong with it though? Nobody is a victim if the guy chooses to be eaten.

MrGeezer

If a 9 year old girl says she wants to have sexual intercourse with you, then banging her is still rape.

This German dude was an adult and aware of the consequences, the reason why statutory rape is a crime is because the underage person is not seen as mentally capable.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts
I think Cannibalism is some messed up sh!t, I don't support it.
poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

Cannibalism is unhealthy, but in certain contexts it should be legal. There was a case in Germany where a guy voluntarily allowed himself to be killed and eaten by another man in a sexual manner. This is bizarre to say the least, but both parties agreed to this, and the cannibal was arrested. I think that's wrong. The guy didn't o anything to anyone that he didn't explicitly want done. No crime here, as far as I can see. Also, that joke about cannibalism being less wasteful is from Calvin and Hobbes if I remember right.Rhazakna

Ah yes. It think they shared a coq ea vin to start with.

I'm not sure what's stranger - eating another person, or consider being eaten as the ultimate sexual fantasy.

But say it was your brother here. Would you think 'well, I'm really quite upset my brother no longer wanted to live, but I do feel slightly bouyed by the fact he apparently tasted great with some steamed asparagus and cranberry jus'

I think the concept of euthanasia has to be covered off before you get to any conclusion about the right to actually eat another person because it's their sexual fantasy.

EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 EmpCom
Member since 2005 • 3451 Posts
Is Euthanasia legal in the usa, No so why should this be
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Only in OT can you find people in support of cannibalism. Stay classy folks.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Only in OT can you find people in support of cannibalism. Stay classy folks.Shottayouth13-
I don't think those people support it as much as they don't really care either way.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]Only in OT can you find people in support of cannibalism. Stay classy folks.Yusuke420

I don't think those people support it as much as they don't really care either way.

If you stay by your PC long enough you too can acquire a binary moral code :)

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]Only in OT can you find people in support of cannibalism. Stay classy folks.Yusuke420

This thread says otherwise.
Avatar image for deactivated-60e799a72eb68
deactivated-60e799a72eb68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-60e799a72eb68
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts

Can anyone put a name to that bizarre sexual fetish? How do you get eaten for sexual sitimuli?

Yusuke420

vorarephilia

Not that I know that for any particular reason.

applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

Can anyone put a name to that bizarre sexual fetish? How do you get eaten for sexual sitimuli?

6_Dead_360s

vorarephilia

Not that I know that for any particular reason.

Iiiinteresting

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#65 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
"I look at this thread that sits before me, and I think, IS this the fate of the world? IS the world destined to become a collection of sociopaths? IS the worlds fate to be cannibals? Eating another human being out of sexual perversion is unnatural and those who do it should have sponges thrown at them and be called giant metal d!dos. Yea, to the world that make no cannibals, and all cannibal men should be fed their own crotches and drink their own semen, and the cannibal women are destined to be fed their chests and drink their own bodily fluids. Life go on, with no cannibals, and the world be free." - Anonymous
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MrGeezer

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]You just answered it by telling me that there are health risks.The__Kraken

The consumption of undercooked beef, poultry, pork is just as wrong as the consumption of human flesh.

The consumption of unclean water is just as wrong as eating a humans brain.

The smoking of cigarettes is as wrong as eating somebodies flesh.

Health risks and all that. Or is the consumption of human flesh more wrong than any of the above? If it is, then what makes the consumption of human flesh more wrong?

If I'm running a restaurant, I also can't serve people undercooked chicken. What's your point?
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MrGeezer

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="applesxc47"]

What's wrong with it though? Nobody is a victim if the guy chooses to be eaten.

applesxc47

If a 9 year old girl says she wants to have sexual intercourse with you, then banging her is still rape.

This German dude was an adult and aware of the consequences, the reason why statutory rape is a crime is because the underage person is not seen as mentally capable.

Prove that he was mentally sound. Kind of hard to establish that now that he's dead.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#68 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

Eating people is gross and weird.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 MrGeezer
If someone was in fact of sound mind, and wanted to be eaten and killed for sexua graitfication, would you accept it? Or can a supposedly free individual never get to decide when they want to die if they're not already close to death?Rhazakna
I don't know, but that hypothetical situation doesn't apply to the particular case you mentioned. Not unless the guy who killed and ate the other dude was qualified to determine that the other guy was mentally sound, and not unless he was qualified to determine that there was nothing else that could be done to help him. IF anyone's allowed to kill and eat another dude, it should only be someone who's actually qualified to assess their mental state and make sure that the killing is done properly in a humane manner. And I'm pretty sure that most people who are so qualified aren't in the business of going around killing and eating people. That still doesn't mean that just anyone can do it. It's also illegal for me to perform brain surgery on a person.