California schools seeking to indoctrinate children?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Schools in Oakland, California are having a spending two days (May 23 and 24) teaching chldren from Kindergarten to Fifth grade that "there are more than two genders" in a program about "Gender Spectrum diversity".

Here is the breakdown by grade:

Grades K-1: "Boy, girl or both? Which Outfit, Which Hairdo? (Reading) My Princess Boy." Grades 2-3 "What is gender? (Reading) 10,000 Dresses." Grades 4-5: "Three dimensions of gender. (Reading/Song) All I Want to be is Me."

And this is stuff many parents don't believe in and don't want their children to learn.

And anyone else think that K- 5 students are really gonna comprehend junk like:

"gender is not inherently nor solely connected to one's physical anatomy." Further, gender is a "complex interrelationship between (physical traits) and one's internal sense of self as male, female, both or neither as well as one's outward presentations and behaviors related to that perception."

And we wonder why our math and science scores are so low, because instead of spending time teaching about that we waste it teaching all this political correct garbage.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 whipassmt

Than again wasn't it in California where a teacher took her students to a gay wedding on school time, without permission from the parents. And I bet if one of the students saw the two "spouses" kissing and laughed or called it gross, he'de be the one who gets in trouble.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
lol, teaching kids about gender diversity is "indoctrinating" them. :lol:

Than again wasn't it in California where a teacher took her students to a gay wedding on school time, without permission from the parents. And I bet if one of the students saw the two "spouses" kissing and laughed or called it gross, he'de be the one who gets in trouble.

whipassmt
Yes, and he'd deserve it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
Member since 2009 • 4084 Posts

This is... weird... O_o Homeschooling is looking better, and better every day.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50569 Posts

This state is such a joke and it proves it daily.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Theokhoth

BATTOSAI76
Because your kids are now learning social facts in schools, schools are now doing bad? Isn't the point of education to, you know, educate?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chutebox

BATTOSAI76
No joke, that or private school.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Yes, it sucks so bad that these kids will be taught to be tolerant. It's two days worth of education. It's not like they're spending their entire year teaching this.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Why wouldn't they be able to comprehend something like that? Although I think they should teach it differently, teaching what gender actually means and how it is defined and why it can change from culture to culture, not teach that there are three genders which seems odd. Who says there are two genders or three or four? It is all a cultural matter and a matter of perspective.
ROFLCOPTER603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 ROFLCOPTER603
Member since 2010 • 2140 Posts

Grades K-1: "Boy, girl or both? Which Outfit, Which Hairdo? (Reading) My Princess Boy." Grades 2-3 "What is gender? (Reading) 10,000 Dresses." Grades 4-5: "Three dimensions of gender. (Reading/Song) All I Want to be is Me."

whipassmt

I think that they're going to find this pretty funny.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 whipassmt

lol, teaching kids about gender diversity is "indoctrinating" them. :lol:[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

Theokhoth

why for speaking his mind?

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 whipassmt

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

Theokhoth

Because your kids are now learning social facts in schools, schools are now doing bad? Isn't the point of education to, you know, educate?

facts? more like stupid theories. And anyway it's dumb to teach it to kindergardeners.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]lol, teaching kids about gender diversity is "indoctrinating" them. :lol:[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

whipassmt

Duh. This kinda stuff needs to be done in private homes, not in public freaking schools. A schools curriculum is already jam packed and teachers are falling behind the pacing program, this won't help and deters from important things they should be learning in school.
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 whipassmt

Yes, it sucks so bad that these kids will be taught to be tolerant. It's two days worth of education. It's not like they're spending their entire year teaching this.

JML897

It is something that the parents should teach the kids. It is inappropriate for the government to try to push a certain set of values (including your overrated "tolerance") on people.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

whipassmt

facts? more like stupid theories. And anyway it's dumb to teach it to kindergardeners.

You calling it "Stupid" does not make it so, good sir. Kids should learn basic decency at a young age.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

According to my state's department of licensing, there are still only two choices. You check either M or F; there's no third option.

elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 elblanquito_81
Member since 2007 • 4356 Posts

Chutebox

Indeed. I say we just hand it to Mexico and be done with it.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 whipassmt

[QUOTE="whipassmt"]

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"] Yes, and he'd deserve it.Chutebox

Duh. This kinda stuff needs to be done in private homes, not in public freaking schools. A schools curriculum is already jam packed and teachers are falling behind the pacing program, this won't help and deters from important things they should be learning in school.

Oh and if you force someone to attend a ceremony they don't believe in (such as a gay wedding) you shouldn't be surprised if they're comments about it aren't too flattering.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

elblanquito_81

Indeed. I say we just hand it to Mexico and be done with it.

I agree, but I need to move before this happens lol.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="JML897"]

whipassmt

It is something that the parents should teach the kids. It is inappropriate for the government to try to push a certain set of values (including your overrated "tolerance") on people.

Telling your kids the facts is the duty of the public schools. If the parents don't like their kids learning about society, they should take them back to their caves.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="whipassmt"] why for speaking his mind?

whipassmt

Oh and if you force someone to attend a ceremony they don't believe in (such as a gay wedding) you shouldn't be surprised if they're comments about it aren't too flattering.

You're taking the actions of one teacher and making it sound like every teacher in the state did it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

Theokhoth

I don't believe kids are supposed to learn social facts in school, their supposed to learn reading, writing, arithmetic ect ect. Social facts should come from life experiences, and not from the cl@$$ room IMO.

ROFLCOPTER603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ROFLCOPTER603

According to my state's department of licensing, there are still only two choices. You check either M or F; there's no third option.

Oleg_Huzwog

This. There are two sexes.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="whipassmt"]

whipassmt

You calling it "Stupid" does not make it so, good sir. Kids should learn basic decency at a young age.

Decency is different than all that transgender ideology junk.

Lol, "ideology." Facts are not ideology.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#26 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

This is outrageous; next thing you know they'll be indoctrinating children to believe that the Earth is a sphere and that it orbits the sun. :(

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Theokhoth

BATTOSAI76

I don't believe kids are supposed to learn social facts in school, their supposed to learn reading, writing, arithmetic ect ect. Social facts should come from life experiences, and not from the cl@$$ room IMO.

I see. So we shouldn't tell kids to not be mean to other people based on race, sex, gender, who their parents are, what country they're from, what our history is with these demographics, or anything else related to society. Because that's how you believe it should be.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

ROFLCOPTER603

And many genders. Learn the difference, plz.
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

Seems like a waste of time considering how badly our schools already fair on the world stage.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#30 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

[QUOTE="ROFLCOPTER603"]

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

Theokhoth

Well, technically, the difference is that gender is a linguistic attribute, while sex is a physical attribute. :P

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Chutebox

Seems like a waste of time considering how badly our schools already fair on the world stage.

UnknownSniper65
Not seems, is. And I gave reasons above as to why that is.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kuraimen

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

ROFLCOPTER603

Sex and gender are different things.
ROFLCOPTER603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ROFLCOPTER603

[QUOTE="ROFLCOPTER603"]

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

Theokhoth

No, there are two genders. Gender is the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex. There is a feminine gender, and a masculine gender. There is a female sex and a male sex. There is no in between or mix.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Theokhoth

UnknownSniper65
Was that intentional?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="ROFLCOPTER603"]

ROFLCOPTER603

No, there are two genders. Gender is the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex. There is a feminine gender, and a masculine gender. There is a female sex and a male sex. There is no in between or mix.

People are trying to create crap that doesn't exist.
dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

ROFLCOPTER603

correct, just because a male has feminine qualities and/or is gay or a female has masculine qualities and/or is a lesbian does not change there gender.

why does it matter anyways? this just seems like a waste of the schools time ftr, I'm all for teaching kids life lessons and common courtesy but this just seems like a waste of time that could be spent on teaching them more important things such as reading writing and math(especially for the K-1st grade one)

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kuraimen

BATTOSAI76

Yeah tell that to children during nazi germany, a culture filled with prejudice and hate is not a light matter. Better teach things like they are from the start.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="ROFLCOPTER603"]

Theokhoth

People are trying to create crap that doesn't exist.

Yeah, like a controversy over teaching your kids how not to be jackasses.

I know you get all hot and bothered with this stuff, but that's a social issue that needs to be taught in homes not schools. Like I said before, ask a teacher how busy and hard it is to teach the curriculum during the year, then you'll understand.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"] Because your kids are now learning social facts in schools, schools are now doing bad? Isn't the point of education to, you know, educate?Theokhoth

I see. So we shouldn't tell kids to not be mean to other people based on race, sex, gender, who their parents are, what country they're from, what our history is with these demographics, or anything else related to society. Because that's how you believe it should be.

Honestly I think that's the parents job to do that. Government can't take the wheel on things such as that because it falls under freedom of speech. Besides kinder-gardeners have little to no malice to each other based of skin color or sexuality (assuming they can even grasp those concepts). Putting them in the same environment, ie school is really the best way for them to learn to accept each other.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] People are trying to create crap that doesn't exist.Chutebox

Yeah, like a controversy over teaching your kids how not to be jackasses.

I know you get all hot and bothered with this stuff, but that's a social issue that needs to be taught in homes not schools. Like I said before, ask a teacher how busy and hard it is to teach the curriculum during the year, then you'll understand.

My career aspirations include college professor. I'm well aware of the responsibilities of teachers. Two days out of the school year -- at the kindergarten level -- is not overwhelming by any stretch of the imagination.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kuraimen

ROFLCOPTER603

Of course there is, a person can have psychological or social gender traits associated both with females and males, therefore their gender differs from that of what is normally regarded as female and male roles within a specific culture.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Theokhoth

BATTOSAI76

Honestly I think that's the parents job to do that. Government can't take the wheel on things such as that because it falls under freedom of speech. Besides kinder-gardeners have little to no malice to each other based of skin color or sexuality (assuming they can even grasp those concepts). Putting them in the same environment, ie school is really the best way for them to learn to accept each other.

If children do not learn to be decent members of society, then it goes beyond "freedom of speech" and into "hate crime" territory. And children most certainly do develop stereotypes and prejudices based on skin color and sexuality, even if they can't understand such things. The idea that they do not is a myth.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#44 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Thank the Lord almighty that I'm graduating next year and that my nieces and nephews do not live in Oakland.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Theokhoth
Thank the Lord almighty that I'm graduating next year and that my nieces and nephews do not live in Oakland. bbkkristian
Indeed; God wouldn't want kids to be good and understanding of different people.
8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
As long as they don't force (force...) them to completely accept and be pro-gay culture and all that I don't see a problem. I mean, don't get me wrong, they definitely should be tolerant, but that doesn't mean that they'll be pro-gay, etc.
ROFLCOPTER603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ROFLCOPTER603

Theokhoth, I feel like you're too biased, which leads to your rants. You really need to realize that not everyone supportsyour ideas.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away!
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"] Yeah, like a controversy over teaching your kids how not to be jackasses.Theokhoth

My career aspirations include college professor. I'm well aware of the responsibilities of teachers. Two days out of the school year -- at the kindergarten level -- is not overwhelming by any stretch of the imagination.

Taking time away from other, more important and proper subjects (for the venue) isn't the only reason.