Breaking Bad vs Game of Thrones

• 200 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#151 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
[QUOTE="WolfattheDoor34"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] I have ADDKHAndAnime

cool cool cool

It's just not my taste. I love sci-fi diplomacy (like Star Trek) but fantasy politics puts me to sleep. The show took itself too seriously and was a little bit cheesy for me.

Cheesy? How?
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

[QUOTE="svenus97"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

Breaking Bad. I'm not big into fantasy that takes itself seriously. I've spent 30 minutes watching Game of Thrones and I don't feel like the show was made for me. The characters and setting just doesn't do anything for me. Breaking Bad on the other hand has some semblance of realism and basis in reality, so it's easier for me to relate to the show and understand the inner-workings of everything.

Furthermore, even though I haven't watched enough of GoT to make any real judgments on it, the show just came across to me as incredibly dry, as if it's in incapable of tongue-in-cheek or humorous situations.

ShadowsDemon

You obviously haven't seen any of Tyrion or Jaime scenes. :P

Or the exchanges between Cercei and Tyrion...those wre golden in the 2nd Season.

Jon and Ygritte also had a few fun dialogues.

Also, I love the dialogs between Baelish and Varis. Extremely polite on the surface, but clearly hating each other's guts, quite amuzing.

And the negotiation between Margaery Tyrell's grandmother and Twyin Lannister? Hilarious!

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 nunovlopes

Halfway through GoT's second season. It's impressive all in all, but not without some stumbles. It drags on a few occasions, with certain character arcs moving at a snail's pace. There are some scenes that feel like complete filler and are flat out unnecessary. I also find it funny how it can't go through a single episode without a full frontal nudity scene.drinkerofjuice

GoT actually features very little full frontal nudity scenes. But really, what is it with Americans and nudity? Every time GoT is discussed, I see comments about the nude scenes (which all in all are relatively rare). Why does it make you uncomfortable? Not once in this thread have I seen someone commenting the frequent violence. Throat slits galore, blood spraying all over the place, guys bowels coming out, guys being cut in half, etc., and nudity is what bothers you?

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]Halfway through GoT's second season. It's impressive all in all, but not without some stumbles. It drags on a few occasions, with certain character arcs moving at a snail's pace. There are some scenes that feel like complete filler and are flat out unnecessary. I also find it funny how it can't go through a single episode without a full frontal nudity scene.nunovlopes

GoT actually features very little full frontal nudity scenes. But really, what is it with Americans and nudity? Every time GoT is discussed, I see comments about the nude scenes (which all in all are relatively rare). Why does it make you uncomfortable? Not once in this thread have I seen someone commenting the frequent violence. Throat slits galore, blood spraying all over the place, guys bowels coming out, guys being cut in half, etc., and nudity is what bothers you?

Sometimes the sex gets genuinely intrusive, though. There's that particular scene in season one where Littlefinger is giving his spiel but you can barely hear it because Ros and nameless prostitute #17 are yelling.
Duxsox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#155 Duxsox56
Member since 2009 • 1186 Posts

Overall I'd say Game of Thrones. Breaking Bad will be excellent for a few episodes, then completely unexciting for several after that, especially in the first few seasons. Game of Thrones keeps me interested more consistently, although is somewhat weakened because with so many different story lines each one only progresses a little bit in an episode. Game of Thrones is so much better to marathon than to watch as a serial.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Game of Thrones is way better than Breaking Bad. a lot of the characters in BB just comes off as whiny
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 nunovlopes

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]Halfway through GoT's second season. It's impressive all in all, but not without some stumbles. It drags on a few occasions, with certain character arcs moving at a snail's pace. There are some scenes that feel like complete filler and are flat out unnecessary. I also find it funny how it can't go through a single episode without a full frontal nudity scene.PannicAtack

Sometimes the sex gets genuinely intrusive, though. There's that particular scene in season one where Littlefinger is giving his spiel but you can barely hear it because Ros and nameless prostitute #17 are yelling.

I have no issue with that scene. I actually found it amusing because of how neutral Littlefinger was and how he was able to distance himself from the scene, as if the girls were just talking. So not only I don't think it is intrusive I actually think it is an important scene in terms of character development because it helps to establish what kind of man Littlefinger is.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]Halfway through GoT's second season. It's impressive all in all, but not without some stumbles. It drags on a few occasions, with certain character arcs moving at a snail's pace. There are some scenes that feel like complete filler and are flat out unnecessary. I also find it funny how it can't go through a single episode without a full frontal nudity scene.PannicAtack

For me that scene was pretty gratuitous. They really didn't need to have it go on that long for it to be that graphic. Ros wasn't even in the books; she was just added for the sake of more sex scenes. Not that I'm complaining, though. :lol:
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
have I said breaking bad yet
HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts
definitely breaking bad.. I love game of thrones but i mean breaking bad had to work from the ground up. GOT had established material to work with.fl4tlined
Similar feelings. I love them both but other than some ridiculously annoying characters, Breaking Bad has definitely stood out as an original television series.
web360top

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 web360top
Member since 2012 • 37 Posts

Game of Thrones! :D

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

nunovlopes

I have no issue with that scene. I actually found it amusing because of how neutral Littlefinger was and how he was able to distance himself from the scene, as if the girls were just talking. So not only I don't think it is intrusive I actually think it is an important scene in terms of character development because it helps to establish what kind of man Littlefinger is.

Well, I'm trying to listen to the monologue and it's interrupted by Ros's annoying yelling.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"] Sometimes the sex gets genuinely intrusive, though. There's that particular scene in season one where Littlefinger is giving his spiel but you can barely hear it because Ros and nameless prostitute #17 are yelling.PannicAtack

Well, I'm trying to listen to the monologue and it's interrupted by Ros's annoying yelling.

It's not just yelling ;)
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 dave123321
Breaking bad in one moth :) :):):):):)
Avatar image for WolfattheDoor34
WolfattheDoor34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 WolfattheDoor34
Member since 2006 • 3278 Posts
watching Breaking Bad through the patterns on the wings of one moth
nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts
Breaking bad in one moth :) :):):):):)dave123321
what if it turns out to be bad? what will you do then?
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 dave123321
shut up, lan
nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts
shut up, landave123321
u caynt stop me mayne
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 nunovlopes
[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"] Sometimes the sex gets genuinely intrusive, though. There's that particular scene in season one where Littlefinger is giving his spiel but you can barely hear it because Ros and nameless prostitute #17 are yelling.PannicAtack

Ok I agree with that, she was a bit too loud. So the sex isn't the issue, it's the annoying yelling. But really, it bothers me more to see throats being slit in such a graphical manner than the occasional nudity here and there. The simple thought of a knife near my throat is disturbing to me.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

nunovlopes

Ok I agree with that, she was a bit too loud. So the sex isn't the issue, it's the annoying yelling. But really, it bothers me more to see throats being slit in such a graphical manner than the occasional nudity here and there. The simple thought of a knife near my throat is disturbing to me.

Well it's in a TV show, not your own throat. Though I must admit, the violence is pretty realistic and graphic.
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#171 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts
Breaking Bad...easily.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 dave123321
Breaking Bad...easily. CWEBB04z
Good choice
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

Breaking Bad by far.  I even thought that Spartacus was more entertaining than Game of Thrones.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

The shows are really nothing alike. I will say that game of Thrones has a much harder task. Being an adaption it has certain things it must achieve, not to mention that past the first book, the scale of the series simply doesnt fit into a TV show.

EDIT: Also Orphan Black

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#175 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
I would love to know OT's thoughts on SOA.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#176 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

Breaking Bad is more entertaining in TV. Definitely got more entertainment out of the ASOIAF books though.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 ShadowsDemon

Breaking Bad by far.  I even thought that Spartacus was more entertaining than Game of Thrones.

Riadon2
In all honesty Spartacus is nothing but gratuitous sex, over the top violence, done in such a way that its cartoonish. The plot is so inane that they need the other elements to pick up the slack. Still, it is a good show, just not as good as the King of shows, Game of Thrones. :P
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#178 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
I love both shows heavily, but I'm leaning towards Game of Thrones because the dragon lady is just too damn hot and I would worship her hypothetically in that universe
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

The shows are really nothing alike. I will say that game of Thrones has a much harder task. Being an adaption it has certain things it must achieve, not to mention that past the first book, the scale of the series simply doesnt fit into a TV show.

wolverine4262

It was a pretty good first season but it has a good way to go before joining the ranks of BB and GoT.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]

Shottayouth13-

It was a pretty good first season but it has a good way to go before joining the ranks of BB and GoT.

I still have to check it out.
catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

Breaking Bad if we're talking TV show vs TV show. ASoIaF if we're taling about TV show vs Book series.

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts
I prefer game of thrones. Breaking bad was a good show (I havent seen the newest season/last season) but it just did not captivate me overall. It had very tense moments and after every episode I wanted more, but not to the extent that game of thrones does it for me.
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts
Breaking Bad because Game of thrones strays so much from the source material that its not even funny. Season 1 was almost exact, season 2 was like WTF. They need to stop wasting time with useless stuff that was not in the book like all those sex scenes that establish nothing whatsoever. One sex scene with Tyrion is all that is needed to convey he enjoys whoring. Jeez.
Iostlemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Iostlemon
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts
Breaking Bad is a great show, I agree, but I found it was starting to lose me around season 3 or 4. Not to the point where I was bored exactly, but I wasn't compelled to keep watching at the end of every episode. Game of Thrones, on the other hand, I found captivating. Honestly, it surprised me. I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did.
SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts
I watched the first few episodes of GOT and I' still don't get the hooplah surrounding the series, I'll just keep watching and hope it gets better
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 ShadowsDemon
Breaking Bad is a great show, I agree, but I found it was starting to lose me around season 3 or 4. Not to the point where I was bored exactly, but I wasn't compelled to keep watching at the end of every episode. Game of Thrones, on the other hand, I found captivating. Honestly, it surprised me. I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did.Iostlemon
Yeah when I bought GoT I thought it would be good but not great. Boy I was wrong.
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

Both are great. I prefer Breaking Bad because it's extremely well paced and is constantly intriguing to watch and unlike anything I've ever seen. I love the dynamic feel of the script and structure; interesting editing and camera shots, deeply likable characters and many great moments of comedy combined with the overall dark themed story. It's a flexible, unpredictable show that has a lot of personality to it, great character development and one of the only series that's actually improved each season with an ending that isn't disappointing!

GoT always leaves me feeling like wanting more. I think there's so many characters George wrote for that they all only get 1-2 scenes and it never feels like you're getting anywhere fast with the plot (same feeling with the books). I guess it's such a great show I want it to go on for more than 40-60 mins. Other than that, the detail put into each set, the great acting and the shocking, unpredictable twists put GoT up there with some of the best TV I've seen.

GoogleAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#189 GoogleAndroid
Member since 2013 • 162 Posts

Breaking Bad. I don't like GOT.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#190 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

I've never seen a BB episode. I need to go on a BB viewing marathon through all 5 seasons to see what all the hype is about. Just recently gone through a GoT 3 season marathon. At first I failed to see the appeal with GoT. But by season 3 it had grown on me. I still don't really like how it assumes everyone has read the huge books to follow the story completely. The show seems to have pacing issues between episodes, sometimes it crawls, sometimes it seems to skip a bunch of things. And it is juggling a bit too many parallel stories in an hour to really make much sense of it. But damn if all the numerous eccentric characters aren't interesting, they are the show's main attraction. I especially like how the show likes to pair two seemingly opposite characters, like Jaime and Briene or The Hound and Arya.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#192  Edited By 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

No doubt Game of Thrones, I've tried watching BB but just can't get into it. I find it quite boring, but different strokes for different folks I guess.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Qixote

Another thing about GoT is that even though it seems unpredictable, on the grander scale it is very predictable. Let me guess, season 4 will end with another dragon scene, just like the final scene of the past 3 seasons. Oh, and Joffrey, what's with him? Everyone loves to hate him, but actually he is rarely on the show. There is more dialogue about him than there is of him actually having dialogue. Especially in season 3. The weight they give to various characters is unbalanced.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Old thread ... pre red wedding

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#195  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

I refuse to pick one. They both have a special part in my heart.

Breaking Bad as a whole is untouchable but GoT isn't remotely finished.

@Qixote Another thing about GoT is that even though it seems unpredictable, on the grander scale it is very predictable. Let me guess, season 4 will end with another dragon scene, just like the final scene of the past 3 seasons. Oh, and Joffrey, what's with him? Everyone loves to hate him, but actually he is rarely on the show. There is more dialogue about him than there is of him actually having dialogue. Especially in season 3. The weight they give to various characters is unbalanced.

I would have to respectfully disagree. I find GoT very unpredictable and the balance of power plays itself out eventually. No one is untouchable.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Breaking Bad. I love both series. Game of Thrones has action, tits, medieval-fantasy theme, interesting characters and story which I all love. I have never watched a television show for just the story and acting...,except for Breaking Bad. I intend to watch the series again several times throughout my life. I can't say that about the many series I've watched.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Qixote
@hippiesanta said:

Your point is. . .? Maybe that GoT only got a real boost in fans because of the red wedding episode? I would have to say that is not a stretch and partly agree.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

@hippiesanta said:

Pre final season/Ozymandias, too.

Sweenix