Mods Please Lock this thread!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

Since Hallenbeck77 got lazy posting box office again lol, I'm taking over in his place posting the results. So anyways, here are the top 10 winners and losers.

1. San Andreas - $53,215,000
  2. Pitch Perfect 2 - $14,381,000
  3. Tomorrowland - $13,803,000
  4. Mad Max: Fury Road - $13,625,000
  5. Avengers: Age of Ultron - $10,920,000
  6. Aloha - $10,000,000
  7. Poltergeist - $7,800,000
  8. Far from the Madding Crowd - $1,420,000
  9. Hot Pursuit - $1,370,000
  10. Home - $1,150,000

I didn't go see San Andreas this week, it look like another 2012 movie to me but I'll go see it next week. That said, congratulations to Dwayne The Rock Johnson on his successful movie and can't say the same for Aloha.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

lol @ People watching those shitty movies over Fury Road

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

This list is depressing. People have shit taste in movies...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@-God-: Hopefully, Mad Max will get a sequel. It'll crack 250m after this weekend, but it had a 150m budget, maybe for another sequel they can bring that cost down at least.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Are there much better options out there, though?

Or maybe that's your point.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@davillain- said:

Since Hallenbeck77 got lazy posting box office again lol, I'm taking over in his place posting the results. So anyways, here are the top 10 winners and losers.

1. San Andreas - $53,215,000
  2. Pitch Perfect 2 - $14,381,000
  3. Tomorrowland - $13,803,000
  4. Mad Max: Fury Road - $13,625,000
  5. Avengers: Age of Ultron - $10,920,000
  6. Aloha - $10,000,000
  7. Poltergeist - $7,800,000
  8. Far from the Madding Crowd - $1,420,000
  9. Hot Pursuit - $1,370,000
  10. Home - $1,150,000

I didn't go see San Andreas this week, it look like another 2012 movie to me but I'll go see it next week. That said, congratulations to Dwayne The Rock Johnson on his successful movie and can't say the same for Aloha.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

I need to see mad max again I REALLY want a sequel i love those 2 killing immortan JOE

bring out the blu-ray or digital im buying to support that shit just like Dredd we need more good rated R movies out there

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@davillain- said:

@-God-: Hopefully, Mad Max will get a sequel. It'll crack 250m after this weekend, but it had a 150m budget, maybe for another sequel they can bring that cost down at least.

Already announced that it is getting a sequel.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@davillain- said:

Since Hallenbeck77 got lazy posting box office again lol,

Can't I even take a crap in peace without having to post somethin'?

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

i dont really have any inclination to see San Andreas.

I have however, fallen in love with this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFplcWMPV4Q

fucking love Sia. her voice is amazing.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LostProphetFLCL

@mattbbpl: Mad Max and Avengers 2 are the only two decent movies on that list. I find it depressing people flock to shit like San Andreas. Seriously, why are disaster movies still a thing? You get plenty of disaster and mayhem in the Avengers, but then you also get a really fun superhero movie that has more going on than "Shit be falling!".

I also have no idea what people see in that Tomorrowland movie. It just looks fucking LAME.

Also, does no one read up on movies? Poltergeist got shit reviews so I stayed away (was iffy on the movie. Thought it MIGHT turn out good but had doubts) yet people flock to these bad movies, instead of maybe seeing the bad reviews and deciding maybe they should wait for the Redbox release to give it a shot.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@hallenbeck77: Mr. Hallenbeck77, I thought you'll be happy that someone would be posting the weekend box office so I figure, why the hell not. I don't mind doing the job if it's available that is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#12 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58964 Posts

Quite enjoy disaster movies and quite like the Rock, probably see it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58964 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@mattbbpl: Mad Max and Avengers 2 are the only two decent movies on that list. I find it depressing people flock to shit like San Andreas. Seriously, why are disaster movies still a thing? You get plenty of disaster and mayhem in the Avengers

Watch a great disaster movie like "The Poseidon Adventure" and you get flawed characters both personality wise and physically - with a sense of danger and sacrifice. When the main character dies, the audience feels it.

That's pretty much the essence of a good disaster movie, normal (usually flawed) people being pushed to their limits in extraordinary circumstances.

The Avengers 2 by comparison has smug lines every 2 minutes from god mode activated with no sense of danger. Anything even approaching it (the relationship with Bruce Bannar/Quicksilver) feels forced. It's more like a sitcom with superheroes, might as well be playing the theme to friends during the opening credits.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#15 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I should probably see San Andreas soon, but me and my girlfriend want to see Ted 2 when it comes out. Not sure if I have enough on the old gift cards. lol

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL: Ah, yes. I tend to be "behind the curve" on non-major movies, so I was hoping you were aware of better movies that weren't getting attention so I could put them on my list. :)

I agree, nothing else up there looks terribly appealing. You have be impressed with what something like San Andreas can pull in, though. The disaster genre has never been my cup of tea, but with the attention some of these movies receive I've come to the conclusion that I just don't get it. People have to see something appealing in these movies - whether it's fear of an actual disaster, or an appeal to a survival instinct, or who knows what - that just doesn't provoke the same emotional response from me.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@davillain- said:

@hallenbeck77: Mr. Hallenbeck77, I thought you'll be happy that someone would be posting the weekend box office so I figure, why the hell not. I don't mind doing the job if it's available that is.

I'm just screwing with ya. Sometimes, I'm simply not around here due to real life, that's why I've been empty from the forums lately. If I don't have it up early next Sunday, you're more than welcome to fill in.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#18 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Saw it today, was not a very good movie. Good special effects but a silly story.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@mattbbpl said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:

Are there much better options out there, though?

Or maybe that's your point.

Fury Road.

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

So many big budget low quality films out there.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LostProphetFLCL

@mattbbpl: Mad Max is an early contender for movie of the year. Movie is off the wall crazy and my head still spins trying to comprehend how they put together such insanity.

From the crazy number of awesome vehicles built to the psychotic stunts that could have easily ended with someone dying, that movie is a damn accomplishment.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Is this movie really that good? Family were begging me to go watch it with them and I turned it down, because it looks cringe worthy.

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@mattbbpl: Mad Max and Avengers 2 are the only two decent movies on that list. I find it depressing people flock to shit like San Andreas. Seriously, why are disaster movies still a thing? You get plenty of disaster and mayhem in the Avengers, but then you also get a really fun superhero movie that has more going on than "Shit be falling!".

Because they're tired of superhero movies and want to see something that's dumb just cause it's fun.

ayanami000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ayanami000
Member since 2015 • 125 Posts

This is just a theory of mine based on personalexperience with guys. If your watching solo you will definitely watch what you want right. But if you'rewatching with a group such friend or family. You'd beamazed that you actually watch something off with your taste. Get my point guys?

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LZ71

@BattleSpectre said:

Is this movie really that good? Family were begging me to go watch it with them and I turned it down, because it looks cringe worthy.

No, it's not that great. It's a big dumb disaster movie with The Rock. If you want something more than that then it's gonna be shit to you. If that's what you're looking for I thought it was an enjoyable enough way to spend a couple of hours.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BattleSpectre

@LZ71: There's been a lot of disaster movies lately unfortunately, and The Rock doesn't give me enough of a reason to go watch it (even though I like him and I think he's badass). Does this movie separate itself from all the other disaster movies that have come out over the years?

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LZ71

@BattleSpectre said:

@LZ71: There's been a lot of disaster movies lately unfortunately, and The Rock doesn't give me enough of a reason to go watch it (even though I like him and I think he's badass). Does this movie separate itself from all the other disaster movies that have come out over the years?

I'm not really sure, I don't go see a ton of disaster movies. I think the last one I saw was 2012? It was better than that just because The Rock was a more enjoyable "hero." I think if you're already having doubts about how much you would enjoy it, it's probably not gonna wow you. Basically unless you're being forced to go or really think you'll like it you should just wait till it comes out on cable (and see Mad Max if you already haven't).

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@LZ71 said:
@BattleSpectre said:

I'm not really sure, I don't go see a ton of disaster movies. I think the last one I saw was 2012? It was better than that just because The Rock was a more enjoyable "hero." I think if you're already having doubts about how much you would enjoy it, it's probably not gonna wow you.

Judging from the trailer, I'd say just wait for the home video release. It just looks indistinguishable from similar movies (2012 is the one that comes to mind), and the CGI use is distracting, at least to me.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BattleSpectre

@LZ71: Thanks for the feedback, I'll wait until it's out on DVD. Ah yes, I've seen Mad Max (as an Australian I kinda have to xD).... that's how an action movie is made, they did a great job.

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

Tomorrowland's numbers fell off a cliff. Fury Road is showing good legs. I'll probably go see it a third time this week.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I watched San Andreas a few hours ago. The writing is meh and predictable but the destruction is awesome in 3D. I want to see Fury Road next.

Gotta love Dwayne Johnson's cheesy smile and the over exaggeration of his strength.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@Gaming-Planet said:

I watched San Andreas a few hours ago. The writing is meh and predictable but the destruction is awesome in 3D. I want to see Fury Road next.

Gotta love Dwayne Johnson's cheesy smile and the over exaggeration of his strength.

Judging by what you'll said, I'll just Redbox San Andreas, looks like another 2012 movie to me. Fury Road is really good, you won't be disappointed.

@airshocker said:

Already announced that it is getting a sequel.

Nice to hear that it's getting a sequel, it deserves it.

@ayanami000 said:

This is just a theory of mine based on personalexperience with guys. If your watching solo you will definitely watch what you want right. But if you'rewatching with a group such friend or family. You'd beamazed that you actually watch something off with your taste. Get my point guys?

I tend to go to the movies alone just to relief stress which also helps but at the same time, going to theaters with a group of friends is also good since you'll be able to discuss the movie so it's a win win depending on the person.

@LostProphetFLCL said:

I also have no idea what people see in that Tomorrowland movie. It just looks fucking LAME.

I saw Tommorrowland 2 weeks and it wasn't that great but the visuals were alright and I didn't like the ending. I recommend just Redbox this movie if you're interested seeing this later on.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Is there any good/decent disaster films in 2010s?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@davillain- said:

Nice to hear that it's getting a sequel, it deserves it.

I almost wish it wasn't. I mean, Beyond Thunderdome wasn't the best way for the series to end. But if Fury Road is the last of these movies, at least the series went out on a high note. And like, damn...it's hard to imagine the series going out on more of a high note than this.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts

I saw San Andreas this weekend and yes it's exactly what it looks like. A typical color by numbers disaster movie which is perfectly fine if you keep your expectations in check. There were tense moments and over-the-top effects so just shut off your brain for a bit and enjoy the spectacle. It was much better than 2012 in my opinion (though that isn't a terribly high bar to be sure).

And don't hate me I already saw Avengers 2 and Mad Max (which I'll probably go see again this weekend with buddies). So don't think I'm prioritizing San Andreas over objectively better movies :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

But mad max is the better movie. :(

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Big mistake, i went to go see this at our local drive ins with some friends, and family. I didn't intentionally plan on going there, and had a cooler full of beers. When i got there, they also had a 12 pack. After all the drinking and laughing, i don't remember the movie at all. I will have to wait for Blu-ray. Luckily i had a designated driver.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

San Andreas was really good, great performance from the rock.

Mad max was ok lost interest in a few moments though it seemed like a Michael bay film at times

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Don't know why people would see that when they can see the avengers/mad max

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

much rather seeing a entertaining disaster movie (which doesn't come often these days) than another MCU movie anyday.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:
@davillain- said:

I'm just screwing with ya. Sometimes, I'm simply not around here due to real life, that's why I've been empty from the forums lately. If I don't have it up early next Sunday, you're more than welcome to fill in.

The ****?

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts
@thehig1 said:

San Andreas was really good, great performance from the rock.

Mad max was ok lost interest in a few moments though it seemed like a Michael bay film at times

If it were a Michael Bay film, there would have been more CGI than live action, unnecessary explosions, dumb stereotypes, dumb jokes and one-liners suitable for 10 year olds, and dumb female characters. I don't think you watch that many Michael Bay films.

Congrats to the Rock but I don't have much interest in disaster films, nor did I have any interest in seeing it anyways. The Spy is next on my list.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@drunk_pi: the film was a huge chase scene, not too different than michael bay's offerings.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DaVillain  Moderator  Online

@chaoscougar1 said:
@hallenbeck77 said:
@davillain- said:

The ****?

You could've just PM Hallenbeck77 and not bump this thread. @korvus@hallenbeck77 Or any other Mods, please lock this thread and thanks.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45  Edited By chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
@davillain- said:
@chaoscougar1 said:
@hallenbeck77 said:
@davillain- said:

The ****?

You could've just PM Hallenbeck77 and not bump this thread. @korvus@hallenbeck77 Or any other Mods, please lock this thread and thanks.

>Wasn't me who bumped it
>It's only 9 days old
>Would make no sense to PM him that
>She'll be right

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#46 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts