Baseball and Golf are NOT sports.

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Boltak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Boltak
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Well technically I guess they are because they are "activities governed by rules". However, not only are they the most boring actvity to watch (I mean I truely would rather watch online beheadings of people from terrorsits over a game of baseball or golf), but they require ZERO ATHLETIC ABILITY. Babe Ruth, the most celebrated player of all time, was a fat sloppy dude. Most golf players are 50 year old rich white guys with notihing else to do but hit a ball into a hole. I mean 90% of baseball is standing around, scratching your ass, and eating sunflower seeds. I mean even the designated batter might not even run the bases, there might be a designated base runner LMFAO!! Golf is hitting a ball into a hole....enough said. It is disgusting that Albert Pujols is getting paid 200 million dollars!! It is disgusting that these two activities are the highest paid sports (arn't they?). Tiger Woods is NOT an athlete. He is a joke chinese black dude that does nothing but hit a ball into a hole and bang blond super models all day. (actually that sounds like the life lol) Sorry, Ping Pong, checkers, and chess are more of a sport than these two clownish activities. Baseball and Golf NEED to be discontinued or the players pay needs to be drastically decreased. I mean honestly, what the **** is The World Series?? I mean in 20 years will anybody care? Probably not.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Bro?

Cool story. I mean... so cool.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Boltak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Boltak

Bro?

Cool story. I mean... so cool.

SPYDER0416

Yeah it is isn't it. Had to let off some steam.

Pikdum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pikdum
Member since 2010 • 2244 Posts

How bout dat bowling?

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Your opinion is stupid and you should feel stupid for expressing it.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SPYDER0416

Oleg_Huzwog

Damn, I feel like that's a way better thing to say then "Cool story bro".

But yeah, if I'm bad at something I don't say it doesn't exist to feel better.

Jeez TC, no one cares about your shortcomings in sports.

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

Nice blog, now shut up.

Boltak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Boltak

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

SPYDER0416

Here the kicker...I've never actually played either...oops. Just putt putt. And I am refering to these as spectator sports, watching not playing. Now if you are good at one of these then yeah i could see PLAYING them as kind of fun, but NEVER watching.

flashback01231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 flashback01231
Member since 2003 • 255 Posts

in before lock?

Boltak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Boltak

Oleg_Huzwog

Your face is stupid and you should feel stupid for having it. Rip it off and try mine;)

Sunfyre7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sunfyre7896
Member since 2011 • 1644 Posts

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

SPYDER0416

Agreed.

Because stealing bases, gunning people down at home from the outfield or at second or first by the catcher, diving catches, diving stops and throws to first, throwing 95mph+, etc. take no skill, nor athletic ability. Go back to Curling TC.

Boltak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Boltak

Nice blog, now shut up.

kittensRjerks

Nice push-up kitten, now....actually.. just nice push-up kitten.

Sunfyre7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sunfyre7896
Member since 2011 • 1644 Posts

in before lock?

flashback01231
RoFl MaO
grisibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 grisibur
Member since 2004 • 600 Posts

Golf is THE most skill based sport, now go try hitting that ball into the hole from 200 meters.

Boltak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Boltak

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

Sunfyre7896

Agreed.

Because stealing bases, gunning people down at home from the outfield or at second or first by the catcher, diving catches, diving stops and throws to first, throwing 95mph+, etc. take no skill, nor athletic ability. Go back to Curling TC.

I didn't say it didn't take any skill, I said it didn't take any athletic ability, because it doesn't. LMAO "gunning people down", "stealing, diving", OMGZ 95 Mph" omg lol quit trying to make a very very mundane joke activity from the 19th century sound exciting hahaahahah:lol:

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SPYDER0416

[QUOTE="flashback01231"]

in before lock?

Sunfyre7896

RoFl MaO

Ooh!

inb4lock!

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Spoken like a clueless fool that hasn't played either...

Boltak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Boltak

[QUOTE="grisibur"]

Golf is THE most skill based sport, now go try hitting that ball into the hole from 200 meters.

[/QUOTE I know it takes skill, but skill like ping pong and checkers. I however does not take any athletic ability. And just because it takes a lot of skill doesn't make it exciting lol. Quality knitting and underwater basket weaving take skill but would you watch those? You're probably gonna say yes though so...

T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

Well technically I guess they are because they are "activities governed by rules".

Boltak

Your title says they are not sports. But your first sentence says they are. So what if they require less athletic abilities then other sports? They are still sports and it is nice to know that you think they are boring.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

That's swell. Blog it next time.

Boltak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Boltak

Pirate700

I said I rarley have played either you clown. I have golfed like once or twice and wasn't horrible at it. I played baseball once on a tennis court lol. Doesn't change the fact that I have watched both and understand the rules enough to know that IT WAS A **** BOREFEST. I am strictly refering to them as spectator sports right now you clueless nuthugger.

Pikdum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pikdum

[QUOTE="grisibur"]

[/QUOTE I know it takes skill, but skill like ping pong and checkers. I however does not take any athletic ability. And just because it takes a lot of skill doesn't make it exciting lol. Quality knitting and underwater basket weaving take skill but would you watch those? You're probably gonna say yes though so...

Boltak

How exciting it is has nothing to do if its a sport or not. And it does take athletic ability of some kind.

Boltak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Boltak

[QUOTE="Boltak"]

Well technically I guess they are because they are "activities governed by rules".

T_REX305

Your title says they are not sports. But your first sentence says they are. So what if they require less athletic abilities then other sports? They are still sports and it is nice to know that you think they are boring.

Well they technically are, just like ping pong and electronic video gaming lol. But they are not in the same category or level as football and basketball.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 worlock77

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Boltak

I said I rarley have played either you clown. I have golfed like once or twice and wasn't horrible at it. I played baseball once on a tennis court lol. Doesn't change the fact that I have watched both and understand the rules enough to know that IT WAS A **** BOREFEST. I am strictly refering to them as spectator sports right now you clueless nuthugger.

I find football, both American football and Soccer, boring as hell. Doesn't mean they're not sports.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Boltak

:lol: Thanks for proving my point.

T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

[QUOTE="Boltak"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

Nice one :P

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Boltak"]I said I rarley have played either you clown. I have golfed like once or twice and wasn't horrible at it. I played baseball once on a tennis court lol. Doesn't change the fact that I have watched both and understand the rules enough to know that IT WAS A **** BOREFEST. I am strictly refering to them as spectator sports right now you clueless nuthugger.

T_REX305

Nice one :P

It doesn't get much easier than that. :P

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#29 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Blog it.
Pikdum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pikdum

This thread is now about aquatic mammals.

[spoiler] Idk why that came to mind [/spoiler]

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SPYDER0416

Alright this thread is dumb, the point its trying to make is dumb, the creator should feel dumb for making it, and I feel dumb for reading it.

Next time you have a stupid point to make, blog it. That way no one important can read it and have fun at your expense.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#32 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="grisibur"]

Boltak
in case you dont know sports are divided in categories, one of them being athletic sports. golf is not an atlhetic sport but baseball is.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
Basketball is the GOAT sport agree with you
xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts
Yeah... well... that's ya know... your opinion man.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lightleggy

[QUOTE="T_REX305"]

[QUOTE="Boltak"]

Boltak

Well they technically are, just like ping pong and electronic video gaming lol. But they are not in the same category or level as football and basketball.

what? you think baseball takes no atlhetic skill at all? I want to see you running to catch a base before getting a ball busted in your ass, or diving without actually spraning your knees, or hitting a ball at 95mph hard and fast enough so taht the ball wont fall right in front of you. the sole process of batting takes more skill than anything you do at soccer.
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts

Nice blog, now shut up.

kittensRjerks

wow the new TOU are rolling

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SPYDER0416

[QUOTE="Boltak"]

[QUOTE="T_REX305"]

lightleggy

what? you think baseball takes no atlhetic skill at all? I want to see you running to catch a base before getting a ball busted in your ass, or diving without actually spraning your knees, or hitting a ball at 95mph hard and fast enough so taht the ball wont fall right in front of you. the sole process of batting takes more skill than anything you do at soccer.

I'm guessing TC doesn't play sports since his point it about how fun they are to watch. I guess he doesn't understand the subjective nature of entertainment others enjoy, and I also think he might want to look up the definition of "sports" before he makes a dumb point.

hadoken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hadoken
Member since 2003 • 2730 Posts

Alright this thread is dumb, the point its trying to make is dumb, the creator should feel dumb for making it, and I feel dumb for reading it.

Next time you have a stupid point to make, blog it. That way no one important can read it and have fun at your expense.

SPYDER0416
TC just got DESTROYED!!!! he should be embarrassed !!1!
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#39 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Baseball and Golf ARE sports.There,I win.

RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

I agree golf can hardly be called a sport, but it still is. But imo only if your playing at those huge fields

If you want some so claimed ''sports'' to yell at, you should pick on the videogames. There are sadly still people who think playing a videogame is a sport...

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lightleggy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="Boltak"]Well they technically are, just like ping pong and electronic video gaming lol. But they are not in the same category or level as football and basketball.

SPYDER0416

I'm guessing TC doesn't play sports since his point it about how fun they are to watch. I guess he doesn't understand the subjective nature of entertainment others enjoy, and I also think he might want to look up the definition of "sports" before he makes a dumb point.

yeah its as if his point was "if its not fun to watch, its not a sport!"

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

no athletic ability ? .... Hitting a baseball going at 90mph is considered to be one of the hardest things to do in sports. If a batter gets 1 hit every game and averages 3 at bats per game ....... he's considered to be a top class batter. You hit 1 out of 3 free throws every game, your garbage.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

Boltak

Your face is stupid and you should feel stupid for having it. Rip it off and try mine;)

if that were the case, you would be left without a face at all. ...though determining if that is an a positive or a negative thing is debatable, but I digress. It seems your lack of foresight only confirms what Oleg was saying
OrianaDorta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 OrianaDorta
Member since 2005 • 3114 Posts

The real face of OT'ers, thanks New ToU

No more stupid debates, just shut the f up. This is wild :lol:

Boltak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Boltak

Alright alright, you baseball dweebs win. I should have not titled the topic as I did, because they are technically sports. However, I am strictly talking about them as spectator sports. Baseball and Golf take the least amount of ATHLETIC ABLILITY. I know they are highly skilled sports though, as I REPEATEDLY said that, but I was referring to athletic ability you clowns. And I should of titled the topic BASEBALL PLAYERS AND GOLFERS DO NOT DESERVE THE SALARY THEY GET, because that is kind of what I was getting at the most. But, come on, there has to be at least one person that agrees with me!! I mean they are **** BORING to watch and I hardly ever here anyone talk about them, they don't seem as nearly as popular as even the dying sport of Boxing. So where does all the money that these unathletic, roided-up, baseball douches earn, come from?

Boltak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Boltak

no athletic ability ? .... Hitting a baseball going at 90mph is considered to be one of the hardest things to do in sports. If a batter gets 1 hit every game and averages 3 at bats per game ....... he's considered to be a top class batter. You hit 1 out of 3 free throws every game, your garbage.

Nonstop-Madness

Like I said, hitting that 90 MPH ball doesn't really have anything to do with athletic ability as it does with technique and hand-eye coordination. Babe Ruth was not atheltic, and he did it right? Or did they not throw that fast back then?

Boltak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Boltak

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="lightleggy"] what? you think baseball takes no atlhetic skill at all? I want to see you running to catch a base before getting a ball busted in your ass, or diving without actually spraning your knees, or hitting a ball at 95mph hard and fast enough so taht the ball wont fall right in front of you. the sole process of batting takes more skill than anything you do at soccer.lightleggy

yeah its as if his point was "if its not fun to watch, its not a sport!"

Well yeah, that...that was kind of my point. But like I said over and over I understand it is "technically" a sport.....buuuttt its gay:)

Boltak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Boltak

Yeah... well... that's ya know... your opinion man.xdude85
This should of been the ONLY response I got. All the other baseball **** taking offense are ****

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 worlock77

And I should of titled the topic BASEBALL PLAYERS AND GOLFERS DO NOT DESERVE THE SALARY THEY GET, because that is kind of what I was getting at the most. But, come on, there has to be at least one person that agrees with me!! I mean they are **** BORING to watch and I hardly ever here anyone talk about them, they don't seem as nearly as popular as even the dying sport of Boxing. So where does all the money that these unathletic, roided-up, baseball douches earn, come from?Boltak

Sure they deserve the money. Do you realize the kind of money the owners make off them? Just because you find them boring does not mean they aren't sports, or aren't atheletic. Not sure why you have trouble comprehending that, but maybe you were dropped on your head as a small child. Are you kidding? MLB teams see millions in attendance each year. You're seriously showing your ignorance in this thread. If I were you I'd bow out before I looked any worse.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Sunfyre7896"][QUOTE="flashback01231"]

in before lock?

SPYDER0416

RoFl MaO