Are you Pro-Choice/Life?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

heartcork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 heartcork
Member since 2005 • 5514 Posts
Pro Choice, but not pro abortion.
greeneye59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 greeneye59
Member since 2003 • 1079 Posts
[QUOTE="greeneye59"][QUOTE="doubutsuteki"]

[QUOTE="PercivalCox"]I was driving by the Planned parenthood center the other day and noticed a line of protesters holding up signs against abortion. They were all dressed in black like they were mourning zygote-apartide. I'm not sure why they thought a center that gives out condoms would be doing abortions inside, but they picked that corner to proclaim their Pro-life stand-point. What do you guys think about the issue?doubutsuteki

I am pro-choice. Which means that if a woman got pregnant and it wasn't her choice, but it rather happened as an accident - she should have the choice to have abortion. Now, I do agree that it's not exactly ideal - but women do need that right, as it is. Accidents happen, and a baby can be a real burden. If you think that all babies should have loving and caring mothers, there's no reason why you would force women to give birth to babies that they did not ask to have.

There's no such thing as accidental pregnancies. And they did ask to have them. Unless it wasn't concentual.

OK, so you want to force people to not have sex. And sometimes it isn't concentual - rape.

No, but everyone knows that if you have sex there's a chance of conception.  And people should own up to that and take responsibility for the incredibly serious act of conceiving a human being.  Our society seems a bit to cavalier and nonchalant with absolving that consequence these days.  And I have already stated that a woman bears no responsibility in bearing a child she had no willing part in creating. 

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
I believe in a womans right to chose.....
Hexum-311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Hexum-311
Member since 2007 • 1158 Posts
There's no such thing as accidental pregnancies.greeneye59
There's no such thing as compassionate conservatives.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="MagnumPI"]

It doesn't matter. Die? .. Everybody does. Aborting an unborn child is like fracturing a persons cervical. Lights out. They're dead and don't even know it, never will.

I don't care if the baby is alive. The fact is that it's not self-aware. So terminating it doesn't matter. I can understand if they were trying to abort your child against your will but it's a personal decision, it's not forced upon anyone.

Do you even consider what type of future the child might have? Many children are doomed, destined losers. Better off dead.

mindstorm

So couldn't you use this same logic to execute all the mentally retarded people in the world?

That is what it will come too if the country becomes more liberal than it already is... we would end up like Germany did years ago...

If you're refering to the nazis, that was an ultra conservative group, so we should probably try to steer away from that........
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="MagnumPI"][QUOTE="Trashface"][QUOTE="MagnumPI"]

It doesn't matter. Die? .. Everybody does. Aborting an unborn child is like fracturing a persons cervical. Lights out. They're dead and don't even know it, never will.

I don't care if the baby is alive. The fact is that it's not self-aware. So terminating it doesn't matter. I can understand if they were trying to abort your child against your will but it's a personal decision, it's not forced upon anyone.

Do you even consider what type of future the child might have? Many children are doomed, destined losers. Better off dead.

mindstorm

Better dead off? This is your justification? So let's kill the elderly, the mentally handicapped, the depressed, so on. Look at an ultrasound. IT IS ALIVE. The only situation abortion should be allowed is when the mother is in danger. Otherwise, adoption is fine.

AGAIN!! OFF TOPIC, and irrelevant. You must be born BEFORE you can be elderly, mentally handicapped, depressed and so on.

It is relevant because they are comparable. One will eventually lead to another.

You're drawing large assumptions based upon nothing, there haven't been any social movements at all that push for any of what you've mentioned.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="Erasorn"][QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="Erasorn"][QUOTE="Trashface"][QUOTE="MagnumPI"]

It doesn't matter. Die? .. Everybody does.  Aborting an unborn child is like fracturing a persons cervical. Lights out. They're dead and don't even know it, never will.

Trashface

Better dead off? This is your justification? So let's kill the elderly, the mentally handicapped, the depressed, so on. Look at an ultrasound. IT IS ALIVE. The only situation abortion should be allowed is when the mother is in danger. Otherwise, adoption is fine.

Sperm is alive too, everyone commits murder by masturbating

So what is your definition of life?  when does a fetus become a child?  At what age?  22 weeks.  22 weeks and 1 hour? 

The moment the egg/sperm is created.

When significant human development has occurred. If it looks like a baby, then it must be a baby.

In ther early fetal developments of animals there's little destinction between the physical apperance of the fetus, and in more closely related species such as chimps, distinction is difficult to make untill late into the 2nd trimester. So by your logic, the fetus' of advanced animals within their first trimester, are human babies......
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 yoshi-lnex
[QUOTE="Hexum-311"]

I'm pro-choice.

The world is overpopulated enough and the people reproducing at the highest rate are the people we need fewer of.

mindstorm

Then either use birth control or don't have sex. People tend to think of abortion as a form of birth control. If a couple has an unwanted child they should have to live with the fact they did something they shouldn't have. Don't punish the child for the parent's mistakes.

I don't thing you understand what the definition of child is; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child

Hexum-311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Hexum-311
I just don't understand how anyone could justify the thought that a "potential life" is more important than a REAL life.
squidder_doa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 squidder_doa
Member since 2006 • 3631 Posts

Stop the killing of sperm! Stop masturbationErasorn

I feel terrible :(

Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#111 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
I'm more moderate on the issue, but if forced to choose, Choice.
yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 yoshi-lnex
It should be legal. If one wanted to abort a baby there are actually many ways to do so,  such as ingesting various solvents and hazardous chemicals. However legalized abortions support a much safer medical procedure. Certainly counselling should be given to make sure that a choice is thought out, however the choice itself remains on the girl who has to carry such a child.

Many people object, but these people are hardly the ones going to support the baby and only object as far as their ego and ignorance serves them.

First off, they claim to support life but only so far as their near-sightedness takes them. They'll fight tooth and nail for the rights of the unborn to be born, but nothing for they many already born but die from hunger and disease. Instead, they wish for the unborn to add to this burden. In this twisted thinking, it's okay for children to die so long as they do it outside the womb.

The first priority is to keep children already alive living, then and only then can you suggest we look to protecting the unborn.
Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Tolwan
Member since 2003 • 2575 Posts
I'm Pro-Life, obviously. I do not believe a woman should have the right to determine wether a human being is worthy of living or not, just because she is the incubator. Doesnt matter what stage of life it is at, it is going to become a human now, that spark of life has already been created and it's brain and conciousness are forming. It's no different than how a Child will inevitably become an adult, you can not mistreat a 3 month old baby just because it isnt self aware and intelligent yet. It is a human being and it will become a concious adult.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
I'm Pro-Life, obviously. I do not believe a woman should have the right to determine wether a human being is worthy of living or not, just because she is the incubator. Doesnt matter what stage of life it is at, it is going to become a human now, that spark of life has already been created and it's brain and conciousness are forming. It's no different than how a Child will inevitably become an adult, you can not mistreat a 3 month old baby just because it isnt self aware and intelligent yet. It is a human being and it will become a concious adult.Tolwan
in the earliest months of pergnancy, the "baby" is nothing more than a clump of cells that could easily form into anything other than a baby.  By your logic, sperm and eggs should be considered human because they might be one day....
Erasorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Erasorn
Member since 2004 • 14502 Posts
[QUOTE="Tolwan"]I'm Pro-Life, obviously. I do not believe a woman should have the right to determine wether a human being is worthy of living or not, just because she is the incubator. Doesnt matter what stage of life it is at, it is going to become a human now, that spark of life has already been created and it's brain and conciousness are forming. It's no different than how a Child will inevitably become an adult, you can not mistreat a 3 month old baby just because it isnt self aware and intelligent yet. It is a human being and it will become a concious adult.Def_Jef88
in the earliest months of pergnancy, the "baby" is nothing more than a clump of cells that could easily form into anything other than a baby.  By your logic, sperm and eggs should be considered human because they might be one day....

Men kills countless potential babies all the time! I think we should pay for our great crimes, pay for it in Blood!
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]I'm Pro-Life, obviously. I do not believe a woman should have the right to determine wether a human being is worthy of living or not, just because she is the incubator. Doesnt matter what stage of life it is at, it is going to become a human now, that spark of life has already been created and it's brain and conciousness are forming. It's no different than how a Child will inevitably become an adult, you can not mistreat a 3 month old baby just because it isnt self aware and intelligent yet. It is a human being and it will become a concious adult.Erasorn
in the earliest months of pergnancy, the "baby" is nothing more than a clump of cells that could easily form into anything other than a baby. By your logic, sperm and eggs should be considered human because they might be one day....

Men kills countless potential babies all the time! I think we should pay for our great crimes, pay for it in Blood!

oh noes... :(
Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#117 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts
I'm pro-choice. As hard as I can be on women in general, this is one of those instances where I truly believe that if men could get pregnant this would not be an issue in our society.
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
Pro-choice.
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Diablo112688
Member since 2003 • 8345 Posts
Its nobody's business but the person who is going through this.  People need to stop being so ridiculous. 
firebubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 firebubbles
Member since 2005 • 2607 Posts
as a man I have no right to tell a woman what to do with her body. This is an issue that only women should have an opinion on.DarthSatan
Thank you!!! Finally a guy with sense. I have heard so many guys who have an opinion on this and they don;t take a women's view into it! It is not easy to have a kid, and if there are medical risks for the mother or the child, or the mother was raped then they should be able to have the choice to get an abortion.
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#121 NooBAFIED
Member since 2006 • 4136 Posts
im a free loader LMAO
Marioarm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Marioarm2
Member since 2004 • 481 Posts
100% Pro-Choice
Stupid-Bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Stupid-Bastard
Member since 2006 • 3221 Posts

it's funny how most pro-lifers are for capital punishmentdevilutionman

I'm not. I don't think people have the right to kill others.

The only time I'm not against abortion is if a person were raped.

Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Tolwan

it's funny how most pro-lifers are for capital punishment pro-choice and pro-death heredevilutionman

What a blatant misunderstanding. First of all, Capital Punishment is a LOT different than Abortion. Abortion is the killing of an innocent unborn child, Capital Punishment is the killing of a convicted criminal, generally for murder.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts
It's not my place to say wether abortion is wrong.  Reason being, it is a woman's issue, and needs to be discussed, decided and regulated and lesgilated BY WOMEN ONLY.     Unless they are in a relationship with their significant other, Men have no business in telling a woman what to do with her body.  It seems to me that a lot of people want to tell women on what they should do with their fetuses.  But the moment the kid is born, no ones gives a s*** about them anymore.  Besides, it seems that some of the people against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna have sex with anyway.
Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Tolwan

It's not my place to say wether abortion is wrong.  Reason being, it is a woman's issue, and needs to be discussed, decided and regulated and lesgilated BY WOMEN ONLY.     Unless they are in a relationship with their significant other, Men have no business in telling a woman what to do with her body.  It seems to me that a lot of people want to tell women on what they should do with their fetuses.  But the moment the kid is born, no ones gives a s*** about them anymore.  Besides, it seems that some of the people against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna have sex with anyway. Hallenbeck77

What an ignorant statement. So you are saying women should literally have the rights of a god because they are the INCUBATOR? So what, it grows in her stomache. I dont care if they had to cut off a leg to give birth, they should not be given the sole right to determine the worthyness of a child to live. I may not be able to get it banned entirely, but until i do i will push that both the Father and Mother should both have equal control over their child's fate, with the exception if the Father has done something wrong, is a rapist, convicted murderer, or otherwise.

Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Def_Jef88

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]It's not my place to say wether abortion is wrong. Reason being, it is a woman's issue, and needs to be discussed, decided and regulated and lesgilated BY WOMEN ONLY. Unless they are in a relationship with their significant other, Men have no business in telling a woman what to do with her body. It seems to me that a lot of people want to tell women on what they should do with their fetuses. But the moment the kid is born, no ones gives a s*** about them anymore. Besides, it seems that some of the people against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna have sex with anyway. Tolwan

What an ignorant statement. So you are saying women should literally have the rights of a god because they are the INCUBATOR? So what, it grows in her stomache. I dont care if they had to cut off a leg to give birth, they should not be given the sole right to determine the worthyness of a child to live. I may not be able to get it banned entirely, but until i do i will push that both the Father and Mother should both have equal control over their child's fate, with the exception if the Father has done something wrong, is a rapist, convicted murderer, or otherwise.

she doesent just incubate it, she also creates it.
still_thinking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#128 still_thinking
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts

Pro-Life

Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Tolwan
[QUOTE="Tolwan"]

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]It's not my place to say wether abortion is wrong. Reason being, it is a woman's issue, and needs to be discussed, decided and regulated and lesgilated BY WOMEN ONLY. Unless they are in a relationship with their significant other, Men have no business in telling a woman what to do with her body. It seems to me that a lot of people want to tell women on what they should do with their fetuses. But the moment the kid is born, no ones gives a s*** about them anymore. Besides, it seems that some of the people against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna have sex with anyway. Def_Jef88

No, both the man and the woman's DNA have equal impact on the creation of the fetis. The sperm plays just as important of a role in it's creation. The mother is literally just the incubator.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
as a man I have no right to tell a woman what to do with her body. This is an issue that only women should have an opinion on.DarthSatan
agreed
Avatar image for Lothar121_basic
Lothar121_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Lothar121_basic
Member since 2003 • 323 Posts
In countries that have banned abortion, it has resulted in a similar amount of abortions just done in a more brutal way harming the mother and the child. Therefore I support legalized abortions.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]It's not my place to say wether abortion is wrong. Reason being, it is a woman's issue, and needs to be discussed, decided and regulated and lesgilated BY WOMEN ONLY. Unless they are in a relationship with their significant other, Men have no business in telling a woman what to do with her body. It seems to me that a lot of people want to tell women on what they should do with their fetuses. But the moment the kid is born, no ones gives a s*** about them anymore. Besides, it seems that some of the people against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna have sex with anyway. Tolwan

No, both the man and the woman's DNA have equal impact on the creation of the fetis. The sperm plays just as important of a role in it's creation. The mother is literally just the incubator.

But its her body
Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Tolwan
[QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]It's not my place to say wether abortion is wrong. Reason being, it is a woman's issue, and needs to be discussed, decided and regulated and lesgilated BY WOMEN ONLY. Unless they are in a relationship with their significant other, Men have no business in telling a woman what to do with her body. It seems to me that a lot of people want to tell women on what they should do with their fetuses. But the moment the kid is born, no ones gives a s*** about them anymore. Besides, it seems that some of the people against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna have sex with anyway. Def_Jef88

But its her body

No, the child is not the woman's body. The organics are formed by gathered nutrients through food and the DNA is provided by both the Father and Mother. So you're saying, that the mother should be given Jurisdiction over life because she is the child's home?

Unless the mother is at direct risk, she should not have direct control. Hell, if she is at direct risk of death, it should be under the DOCTOR's Jurisdiction. This feminist bull**** just pisses me off sometimes.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]It's not my place to say wether abortion is wrong.  Reason being, it is a woman's issue, and needs to be discussed, decided and regulated and lesgilated BY WOMEN ONLY.     Unless they are in a relationship with their significant other, Men have no business in telling a woman what to do with her body.  It seems to me that a lot of people want to tell women on what they should do with their fetuses.  But the moment the kid is born, no ones gives a s*** about them anymore.  Besides, it seems that some of the people against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna have sex with anyway. Tolwan

Like I said, unless men are in a relationship with their partner and discuss what they want to do together, I don't think people outside the relationship should decide if it's right or wrong. don't see a whole lot of anti-abortionits lining up willing to adopt some of these unwanted kids.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

But its her body

No, the child is not the woman's body. The organics are formed by gathered nutrients through food and the DNA is provided by both the Father and Mother. So you're saying, that the mother should be given Jurisdiction over life because she is the child's home?

Unless the mother is at direct risk, she should not have direct control. Hell, if she is at direct risk of death, it should be under the DOCTOR's Jurisdiction. This femanist bull**** just pisses me off sometimes.

No doctor has the right to tell me what i do with my body, nor does the government.  America is suppose to be a democracy not facsim.
Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Tolwan
[QUOTE="Tolwan"]

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]It's not my place to say wether abortion is wrong.  Reason being, it is a woman's issue, and needs to be discussed, decided and regulated and lesgilated BY WOMEN ONLY.     Unless they are in a relationship with their significant other, Men have no business in telling a woman what to do with her body.  It seems to me that a lot of people want to tell women on what they should do with their fetuses.  But the moment the kid is born, no ones gives a s*** about them anymore.  Besides, it seems that some of the people against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna have sex with anyway. Hallenbeck77

Like I said, unless men are in a relationship with their partner and discuss what they want to do together, I don't think people outside the relationship should decide if it's right or wrong. don't see a whole lot of anti-abortionits lining up willing to adopt some of these unwanted kids.

I would rather live, unadopted in an oprhanarium than die. My dad, he had this experience. He ended up with a 4 year college degree and a successful business. And even if a child ended up committing suicide,which is rare,  well hell atleast then it was his/her decision! Any life, is better than death. I will never support giving the mother the power to determine wether a human is worthy of living. I'd hate to be in a world where i could not have been born because i was an inconvenience! It is sickening, absolutely sickening.

Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Tolwan
[QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

But its her body

Unless the mother is at direct risk, she should not have direct control. Hell, if she is at direct risk of death, it should be under the DOCTOR's Jurisdiction. This femanist bull**** just pisses me off sometimes.

No doctor has the right to tell me what i do with my body, nor does the government.  America is suppose to be a democracy not facsim.

One of the key factors about the US, is that your rights end when they infringe on anothers. When a child's life is put up for death, then you are infringing on it's right to live. The government has every right to step in.

Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

But its her body

No doctor has the right to tell me what i do with my body, nor does the government. America is suppose to be a democracy not facsim.

One of the key factors about the US, is that your rights end when they infringe on anothers. When a child's life is put up for death, then you are infringing on it's right to live. The government has every right to step in.

considering the fact that in the first trimester its not even a child yet, im not infringeing on anyones rights... except maybe a blob of cells
Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Tolwan
[QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

But its her body

No doctor has the right to tell me what i do with my body, nor does the government. America is suppose to be a democracy not facsim.

considering the fact that in the first trimester its not even a child yet, im not infringeing on anyones rights... except maybe a blob of cells

With the combination of sperm and egg, The DNA lays out a blueprint which begins a process to create a child. If a child is not born, it is because of issues that arose during construction, but it IS becoming a child, the DNA is like a blueprint, those cells know exactly what they are doing. Read a book. The process of life has started, no human being should have the right to end it. It's one thing when it dies of complications, it's entirely another when it is killed by us.

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Mr_sprinkles
Member since 2005 • 6461 Posts
[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

But its her body

The woman is not simply an incubator. Childbirth is apparently one of the single most painful things a human is likely to experience. The pregnancy isn't exactly a walk in the park either. If the woman feels she wouldn't be able to give the child a good life, wether it be for emotional or financial reasons, then go ahead, let her stop it. In my personal opinion, you can call the foetus 'alive' when it can survive outside the womb and still develop into a healthy child. That's at 22 weeks-ish. Even after that, if the child was severely deformed or disabled I wouldn't hold it against the mother for not being able to take that kind of enormous responsibility.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

But its her body

With the combination of sperm and egg, The DNA lays out a blueprint which begins a process to create a child. If a child is not born, it is because of issues that arose during construction, but it IS becoming a child, the DNA is like a blueprint, those cells know exactly what they are doing. Read a book. The process of life has started, no human being should have the right to end it. It's one thing when it dies of complications, it's entirely another when it is killed by us.

thats like saying im cutting down a tree when i eat a seed... :|
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]It's not my place to say wether abortion is wrong.  Reason being, it is a woman's issue, and needs to be discussed, decided and regulated and lesgilated BY WOMEN ONLY.     Unless they are in a relationship with their significant other, Men have no business in telling a woman what to do with her body.  It seems to me that a lot of people want to tell women on what they should do with their fetuses.  But the moment the kid is born, no ones gives a s*** about them anymore.  Besides, it seems that some of the people against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna have sex with anyway. Tolwan

I would rather live, unadopted in an oprhanarium than die. My dad, he had this experience. He ended up with a 4 year college degree and a successful business. And even if a child ended up committing suicide,which is rare,  well hell atleast then it was his/her decision! Any life, is better than death. I will never support giving the mother the power to determine wether a human is worthy of living. I'd hate to be in a world where i could not have been born because i was an inconvenience! It is sickening, absolutely sickening.

You say that any life is better than death. I want to believe that, I honestly and truly do. You said that your dad wound up with a suscessful business. I'm glad he had that oppitunity. But realisticly, not everyone is going to have that oppitunity. some are only going to know misery and suffering that no one else should go through. I guess I have a more jaded view of the world than most people.
Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Tolwan
[QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]It's not my place to say wether abortion is wrong. Reason being, it is a woman's issue, and needs to be discussed, decided and regulated and lesgilated BY WOMEN ONLY. Unless they are in a relationship with their significant other, Men have no business in telling a woman what to do with her body. It seems to me that a lot of people want to tell women on what they should do with their fetuses. But the moment the kid is born, no ones gives a s*** about them anymore. Besides, it seems that some of the people against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna have sex with anyway. Mr_sprinkles

But its her body

The woman is not simply an incubator. Childbirth is apparently one of the single most painful things a human is likely to experience. The pregnancy isn't exactly a walk in the park either. If the woman feels she wouldn't be able to give the child a good life, wether it be for emotional or financial reasons, then go ahead, let her stop it. In my personal opinion, you can call the foetus 'alive' when it can survive outside the womb and still develop into a healthy child. That's at 22 weeks-ish. Even after that, if the child was severely deformed or disabled I wouldn't hold it against the mother for not being able to take that kind of enormous responsibility.

AS i said, just because you end up without parents doesnt mean you turn out badly. Many have become successful, and those who didnt, atleast had a chance. The mother should not have the right to determine MY ****** worthyness to live just because i'm an inconvenience. I want a shot at life, you want a shot at life, who is she to deny us that! If she doesnt want it, fine, put it in an orphanage up for adoption. It's better than death rest assured members of my family know this quite well. And less we forget there are so many painkillers for eliminating the pain of Birth, and the pain is only temporary, and worse comes to worse it can be extracted through cutting her open.

I will never give any woman the power of a god simply because she has to endure an inconvenience for a couple months. If she is near death or was raped it's one thing, but otherwise it was her responsibility and the law should make sure she see's it through, atleast until the child is born.

Hexum-311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Hexum-311

I would rather live, unadopted in an oprhanarium than die. My dad, he had this experience. He ended up with a 4 year college degree and a successful business.

Tolwan

One person doesn't represent an entire group.  I know adopted people with some MAJOR issues.  I know some adopted people who are like your dad.

Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Tolwan
[QUOTE="Tolwan"]

I would rather live, unadopted in an oprhanarium than die. My dad, he had this experience. He ended up with a 4 year college degree and a successful business.

Hexum-311

One person doesn't represent an entire group.  I know adopted people with some MAJOR issues.  I know some adopted people who are like your dad.

That's my point though! YOU DONT KNOW. So the woman should not be allowed to make that determination.

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Mr_sprinkles
Member since 2005 • 6461 Posts
[QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

But its her body

AS i said, just because you end up without parents doesnt mean you turn out badly. Many have become successful, and those who didnt, atleast had a chance. The mother should not have the right to determine MY ****** worthyness to live just because i'm an inconvenience. I want a shot at life, you want a shot at life, who is she to deny us that! If she doesnt want it, fine, put it in an orphanage up for adoption. It's better than death rest assured members of my family know this quite well. And less we forget there are so many painkillers for eliminating the pain of Birth, and the pain is only temporary, and worse comes to worse it can be extracted through cutting her open.

I will never give any woman the power of a god simply because she has to endure an inconvenience for a couple months. If she is near death or was raped it's one thing, but otherwise it was her responsibility and the law should make sure she see's it through, atleast until the child is born.

what about failed contraception? is that her responsibility?
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

But its her body

AS i said, just because you end up without parents doesnt mean you turn out badly. Many have become successful, and those who didnt, atleast had a chance. The mother should not have the right to determine MY ****** worthyness to live just because i'm an inconvenience. I want a shot at life, you want a shot at life, who is she to deny us that! If she doesnt want it, fine, put it in an orphanage up for adoption. It's better than death rest assured members of my family know this quite well. And less we forget there are so many painkillers for eliminating the pain of Birth, and the pain is only temporary, and worse comes to worse it can be extracted through cutting her open.

dude.... wow
Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Tolwan
[QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

But its her body

AS i said, just because you end up without parents doesnt mean you turn out badly. Many have become successful, and those who didnt, atleast had a chance. The mother should not have the right to determine MY ****** worthyness to live just because i'm an inconvenience. I want a shot at life, you want a shot at life, who is she to deny us that! If she doesnt want it, fine, put it in an orphanage up for adoption. It's better than death rest assured members of my family know this quite well. And less we forget there are so many painkillers for eliminating the pain of Birth, and the pain is only temporary, and worse comes to worse it can be extracted through cutting her open.

dude.... wow

It happens all the time, look it up, can't remember the medical term. Seasection? It's not as gross or horrid as i made it sound.

Tolwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Tolwan
[QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]It's not my place to say wether abortion is wrong. Reason being, it is a woman's issue, and needs to be discussed, decided and regulated and lesgilated BY WOMEN ONLY. Unless they are in a relationship with their significant other, Men have no business in telling a woman what to do with her body. It seems to me that a lot of people want to tell women on what they should do with their fetuses. But the moment the kid is born, no ones gives a s*** about them anymore. Besides, it seems that some of the people against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna have sex with anyway. Mr_sprinkles

But its her body

You're damn straight it is. When you have sex, you take that risk. PERIOD. End of discussion. When you have sex you must accept the responsibility and consequences of that action, no matter if pregenancy was intended or not. That is why abstinance is the best way.

Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Def_Jef88
[QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"][QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="Tolwan"]

But its her body

You're damn straight it is. When you have sex, you take that risk. PERIOD. End of discussion. When you have sex you must accept the responsibility and consequences of that action, no matter if pregenancy was intended or not. That is why abstinance is the best way.

I beleive that would be the condom companies fault for producing faulty products...