Are you afraid of dying?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

Of course everyone here saying no still feels young and perfectly healthy. Or if you are given plenty of time to prepare for it, you may certainly be less afraid when the time does come. But if death suddenly comes looking at you square in the face unexpectedly, you may be surprised by how "not afraid" you claimed to be . .

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

Nah. I'm more afraid of living.

LOL I feel the same sometimes.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

I don't think most people really are.

It's more the trying to comprehend being dead for an infinite amount of time (like literally a centillion amount years and beyond) that fucks with peoples heads.

Best not to dwell on those thoughts too much.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts
@Iszdope said:

@Celldrax: Is that pony masturbating?

Considering it's from an actual episode, one would probably consider that somewhat poor form.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Its completely out of my control (to an extent)
So no
Why be scared of the inevitable?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Might of been when I was younger.. Not now though. I've come to the realization that life isn't that precious to be worried over such things. Although I really detest the fact that one day I will become a senile, frail, wrinkly old man. Old age is more terrifying than death. If only we could retain our youth and minds until the day we die.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:

Technically everyone is because if you were to forcefully direct death on anyone, they become afraid. It's the process and death itself that everyone will fear which is what keeps every living creature on earth wanting to live. Otherwise, you could choose life or death with a complete indifference. What makes people to say they are not afraid of death is the fact that we don't know when that point of death will occur. How much fear your body reacts will depend on how much amygdala oxytocin or vasopressin the amygdala receives but to think you will have no fear with the knowledge of dying soon is a little arrogant.

It'd be arrogant of me to say how others feel towards the prospect of death, but I agree, with a little personal anecdote. At 20, a softball sized tumor was found in my chest. Long story short, it scared the ever living shit out of me. Prior to it, the concept of death never bothered me and I could easily claim to not be fearful, because it was always just that: a concept I was cognizant that the day would come, but it wasn't a reality until it became a real possibility backed by professionals telling me to my face there were no assurances. When it truly sunk in that I might be gone in a matter of months, well......the shit hit the fan and blossomed into terror.

I think it's very, very easy to say, "I'm not afraid of death" until you are actually confronted with the possibility.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@Iszdope said:

@Celldrax: Is that pony masturbating?

You really have to ask? Also, MLP is not as good as it used to be.

lonebullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lonebullet
Member since 2015 • 14 Posts

I would like to die before I get soooo old that I cant take a dump without assistance.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#62 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

@hyksiu: well not really, although i can see why you would think so

see the thing is, i can't be afraid of death, because i have no experience of death, i don't even have a fixed abstract idea of what death is

so what's left for me to afraid of, would be the loss of life, since that's all there's left to relate to

now, you could call the abovementioned a 'fear of death', but i won't, since death is an unknowable to me

Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts

No, I'm at peace with the reality that I'm going to die at some point. Worrying and fretting about it is a waste of time and energy.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#64 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

@davillain- said:

People die in life. Death is part of life so nope, I'm not scare to die. My advice, live your life to the fullest.

This is the best advice, I mean, you only live once, so might as well do as much as you can before you bite the dust.

hyksiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 hyksiu
Member since 2010 • 2201 Posts

Another one and then another one....

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66  Edited By bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

Having faced life and death situations and seen a lot of people faced the risk of death, I would say this: most people who say they are not afraid to die don't really think they will die. They change their mind very quickly when they realized their own mortality.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Yeah... but more like afraid of getting killed by something.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#68 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Before I get to complete my goals, yes. Otherwise, no. We all die at some point and that's the way it goes.