Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you a SJW? (23 votes)

Yes 17%
No 87%

Are you a SJW? (social justice warrior.) I am not one.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Depends on how you define it. Some people say that anyone who isn't sexist or is pro-consumer is an SJW. In that case yes I am.

If you mean the people who try to victimise themselves fighting for a cause they don't really care about, then no.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Warrior? No, because I do not actively fight for social justice, but I do support it. Not sure why anyone wouldn't.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

I am fine with adressung social issues

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I don't like those kind of labels, people put you in a box of what X or Y is supposed to be and if you deviate from the norm then you are fraud.

If you don't follow 1, 2 and 3 you are not a feminist. If you don't support this or that you are not a libertarian.

I do what I do and leave the labels to others.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

< mfw people say women aren't equal in a modern first world society

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

I guess it's time for them to start taking steroids then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Another bad poll from samantha.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

I'd use the same gif for morons who think social justice only means equality for women...

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

No,i am a selfish and sexist pig,

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

No.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

I would be if I wasn't lazy.

Social justice is awesome. Warriors are awesome. How could anyone be against FUCKING SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS? "Social Justice Warrior" literally sounds like it could be the title of a Steven Seagal or Jean Claude Can Damme movie. It's kicking ass in the name of helping society. I will never understand how the term "Social Justice Warrior" ever came to be used as an insult. Especially among people who spend countless hours playing freaking video games. **** yeah I'd like to be able to call myself a Social Justice Warrior, just as I'd like to be able to call myself a Kung-Fu Legend or a Demon-Slaying Philanthropist. But alas, as I said before, I'm too lazy for that.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

No because SJW are all overly sensitive pansies who need something to offend them so that they can live to see the next day. Actually, that just sums up today's generation.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrGeezer

@-paranorman- said:

No because SJW are all overly sensitive pansies who need something to offend them so that they can live to see the next day. Actually, that just sums up today's generation.

So, do you have a problem with the cause (social justice), or do you have a problem with fighting for what one believes in (being a warrior)? Because, like, popular culture has sort of trained me to think that both of those are actually POSITIVE traits.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -ParaNormaN-

@MrGeezer said:

@-paranorman- said:

So, do you have a problem with the cause (social justice), or do you have a problem with fighting for what one believes in (being a warrior)? Because, like, popular culture has sort of trained me to think that both of those are actually POSITIVE traits.

I have a problem with neither. I have a problem with the people who wear those labels and go out of their way to find something to be offensive when it shouldn't be and create a big deal out of it. That is not something positive and is extremely negative on both the defending and offending parties. It's just a publicly acceptable way of bullying.

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

If you're referring to the kind of people that look for things to be offended by then no I am not an SJW.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrGeezer

@-paranorman- said:

I have a problem with neither. I have a problem with the people who wear those labels and go out of their way to find something to be offensive when it shouldn't be and create a big deal out of it. That is not something positive and is extremely negative on both the defending and offending parties. It's just a publicly acceptable way of bullying.

So in other words, you don't have a problem with Social Justice Warriors.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Master_Live

The thing is, this didn't occurred in a vacuum. The definition preceded the term.

• "Geez, look at this guy. Always bitching and getting offended on the internet, everything is an injustice in today's day and age etc etc"
  • "Oh man, how should call them?"
  • "How about Social Justice Warriors!!!"
  • "Awesome dude!!!"

So while if you take the individual components and use their definitions it might come like this:

• "Hey man, he is an individual who fights injustice in today's society with a warrior like zest."
  • "Ufff, that sounds like the kind of chap I wanna be". :P

But a "Social Justice Warrior" (SJW) proper can be correctly described as this (the first definition).

So lets not try to get too cute by half by doing a semantic jiujitsu when everyone knows what we are talking about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#18 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@Master_Live said:

I do what I do and leave the labels to others.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

No I have better things to worry about. I leave that to the progressive, tolerant bunch.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

SJW is the second worst thing happened to internet, i hate it.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Master_Live

@humanistpotato said:

The worst being?

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@Master_Live said:

@humanistpotato said:

The worst being?

Pewdiepie?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#23  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

If being a SWJ means that I recognize that Gamergate is a joke that makes gamers looks like neanderthals, that I don't loose my shit over feminism, and that think the whole MRA movement is embarrassing and deluded, then yeah, I'm an SWJ.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-598fc45371265

@GreySeal9 said:

If being a SWJ means that I recognize that Gamergate is a joke that makes gamers looks like neanderthals, that I don't loose my shit over feminism, and that think the whole MRA movement is embarrassing and deluded, then yeah, I'm an SWJ.

Do you have a Tumblr blog and Otherkin identity?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GreySeal9

@-paranorman- said:

@MrGeezer said:

@-paranorman- said:

And you call other people overly sensitive pansies lol. Sorry to burst your persecution complex bubble but finding something offensive and calling people out about it/=/bullying.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GreySeal9

@MrGeezer said:

Social justice is awesome. Warriors are awesome. How could anyone be against FUCKING SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS? "Social Justice Warrior" literally sounds like it could be the title of a Steven Seagal or Jean Claude Can Damme movie. It's kicking ass in the name of helping society. I will never understand how the term "Social Justice Warrior" ever came to be used as an insult. Especially among people who spend countless hours playing freaking video games. **** yeah I'd like to be able to call myself a Social Justice Warrior, just as I'd like to be able to call myself a Kung-Fu Legend or a Demon-Slaying Philanthropist. But alas, as I said before, I'm too lazy for that.

Haha. Well said.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265

There are normal humanists and leftists, and then there are people that get outraged over what kind of shirt a scientist wears. I identify with the former rather than the latter.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GreySeal9

@Storm_Marine said:

@GreySeal9 said:

Nah, no Tumblr. And i don't even know what Otherkin is lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-598fc45371265
@GreySeal9 said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@GreySeal9 said:

Nah, no Tumblr. And i don't even know what Otherkin is lol

Nice try Cactuar-kin.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

In the context of what it means on the Internet? Hell no

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@Storm_Marine said:

There are normal humanists and leftists, and then there are people that get outraged over what kind of shirt a scientist wears. I identify with the former rather than the latter.

Perfectly fine to be outraged by what that dude was wearing - it's a pretty terrible shirt lol. Just perpetuating the stereotype that nerds can't dress themselves.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265

@Aljosa23 said:

@Storm_Marine said:

Perfectly fine to be outraged by what that dude was wearing - it's a pretty terrible shirt lol. Just perpetuating the stereotype that nerds can't dress themselves.

I thought it matched his beard and forearm tats quite well. He's literally the only scientist I know of that looks like he could **** shit up if he wanted to. In a way he defies PhD stereotypes.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

No. I don't have the time nor do I care about trivial things such as cis privilege, male privilege, and white privilege.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@Iszdope said:

Nah, I'm more of a BDSM kinda guy.

Same. If a girl is a feminist I promise you all she's a sub in the bedroom and she may not even realize it.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

Another bad poll from samantha.

Samantha fox

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By -ParaNormaN-

@GreySeal9 said:

@-paranorman- said:

@MrGeezer said:

@-paranorman- said:

And you call other people overly sensitive pansies lol. Sorry to burst your persecution complex bubble but finding something offensive and calling people out about it/=/bullying.

Are you implying that I am overly sensitive? My friend, I am overly something but it's not sensitive. Overly annoyed is more like it. You are right about finding something offensive not being bullying, it is the action that people take afterward that is bullying. Some people will find something offensive, bring it to light and be at peace knowing that these certain people know that they offended a certain party. Most people online on the other hand take matters into their own hands and cyber bully anyone who disagrees with their certain beliefs. People ganging up on people with comments like "People like you need to die" and "Are you fucking retarded?" There are plenty of threads here on Gamestop that will prove my point and plenty more everywhere else online. This is also shown in public but not as much since people don't like to reveal their own hypocrisy to others.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#39 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Pretty much this, social justice warriors are some of the most ignorant people i've ever met

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

**** no. Those losers need to find a real hobby.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

that sounds like it'd require work...

and no, tweeting shit isn't work

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GreySeal9

@The_Last_Ride said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Pretty much this, social justice warriors are some of the most ignorant people i've ever met

Actually, the Gamergate/anti-SWJ folks (including yourself) are the ones who act like they clearly don't have college educations. You guys are shockingly anti-intellectual and don't seem to have enough education to properly comprehend feminist arguments.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GreySeal9
@-paranorman- said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@-paranorman- said:

@MrGeezer said:

@-paranorman- said:

Are you implying that I am overly sensitive?

Absolutely.

DaX_Factor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DaX_Factor
Member since 2003 • 167 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

But they have a meeting place...

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

I'm all for anti-discrimination and such. But I'll offer no support for some idiotic politically-correct cause done in the name of 'social justice'.

Also not much of a fan of labels. So no, I wouldn't consider myself one.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

You guys are shockingly anti-intellectual and don't seem to have enough education to properly comprehend feminist arguments.

Do I need a Doctorate in Women's Studies to grasp these concepts? Why is there such a large movement of women stating outright that they are not feminists to avoid association with these people?

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

I'm a JW

To some that means I'm anti-SJW

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Actually, the Gamergate/anti-SWJ folks (including yourself) are the ones who act like they clearly don't have college educations. You guys are shockingly anti-intellectual and don't seem to have enough education to properly comprehend feminist arguments.

oh really, then why am i getting a bachelor mate? How do you explain these?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@foxhound_fox said:

oh really, then why am i getting a bachelor mate? How do you explain these?

You can find tons of stupid stuff from the GG side as well. Selective quoting doesn't help your argument at all.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -ParaNormaN-

@GreySeal9 said:
@-paranorman- said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@-paranorman- said:

@MrGeezer said:

@-paranorman- said:

Are you implying that I am overly sensitive?

Absolutely.

Good, I hope it annoys you too.