Are Females better Students than Males ?

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

I just did my grad today(congrats to me) and i couldnt help notice the amount of females with high CGPAs,like we had 19 Scholars(1st class honors) and 14 outa em are females,strikes me mind.

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

Through much thought and research I have come up with this answer. Maybe.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

In general I would say yes. They seem to take studying and getting good grades a little more seriously than us guys.

Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts
They say girls are better at assignments but guys are better at exams, or at least thats what i heard
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

*big sigh*

Yeah, I suppose.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts

In general I would say yes. They seem to take studying and getting good grades a little more seriously than us guys.

Pirate700
This has been my experience as well.
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

It just depends on the person.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I'd say most are.
T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

yeah i guest you can say that

ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts

Probably. The get all emotional and shhtuff about school and shhtuff.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
The average IQ of males and females is identical. Interestingly, males are more likely to fall to the extremes of the intelligence scale (extremely high and extremely slow). So it really isn't related to natural intelligence. However, females in general are more likely to take school seriously, in much the same way that males are more likely to be interested in physically intensive occupations like a mechanic or an electrician (which pay well but don't require a college education), I mean when's the last time you saw a woman building a house or fixing your refrigerator?
incred_davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 incred_davis
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts

i think as a whole women are better then men at getting good grades.. but i think that singularly men are a little better.. theres always that super nerd!

ex. out of a group of 50 ppl who pass a test the women will have the biggest numbers but usually there will be a guy in the top three highest scores. not saying guys are smarter but less inclined to study hard.

how can you study with women on your mind all day, girls dont have to worry bout that lol.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#13 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
as a female and not biased at all, I'm gonna say yes, yes were are. O.O
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts

Yeah, but that's just because tests are biased against students who don't give a ****.

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts

as a female and not biased at all, I'm gonna say yes, yes were are. O.OAllicrombie
mmmm something about this seems wrong... -glares at your statement-

sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts

well maybe they got to be such good students from bending over their teachers desks?

but yeh girls tend to be more focused on education than guys but as other people have said you'll always get those couple guys that are just miles better than the rest because their the einsteins of today

btw i'm prob one of the smartest guys in my class if not the smartest but i dont take my education that serious as i'm already got all my future planned in the military and not like intelligence but a standard combat grunt

SEGAmaniac7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SEGAmaniac7
Member since 2010 • 148 Posts

well maybe they got to be such good students from bending over their teachers desks?

but yeh girls tend to be more focused on education than guys but as other people have said you'll always get those couple guys that are just miles better than the rest because their the einsteins of today

btw i'm prob one of the smartest guys in my class if not the smartest but i dont take my education that serious as i'm already got all my future planned in the military and not like intelligence but a standard combat grunt

sonofsmeagle
You cant say that, not all girls are good focused students, and not all guys are either, It depends on what kind of person you are.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
They are better students, but we are smarter.
Avatar image for VigilanteArtist
VigilanteArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VigilanteArtist
Member since 2004 • 699 Posts

Yes, which is no surprise, given how sedentary the school environment is.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
I don't think one gender as a whole is smarter than the other.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Doesn't matter. Men get paid more than women anyway.

IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

It's not fair. They distract me, then everyone says their better at doing work :(

rockerbikie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rockerbikie
Member since 2010 • 10027 Posts

No because that is sexist against males.

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Its to my understanding that girls are better at learning and mature quicker than guys. But guys are more intelligent overall. It really does depend on the person though.

arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

Yeah, but that's just because tests are biased against students who don't give a ****.

fidosim

Uhh, that video kind of got onmy nerves, especially when they said how "The students have no role models." There is always good students,but most people just don't take them into consideration.

Now, about the subject. I agree that females overall seem to have a better average than males in school, but I always see the males coming out at the very top.

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#26 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

Guess why teachers like girls in elementary more than guys. There's your final answer.

arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

Guess why teachers like girls in elementary more than guys. There's your final answer.

Desulated

Well, actually alot of the teachers I have had seem to favor female students regardless of their gender.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Borat showed that females have smaller brains.

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Desulated

[QUOTE="Desulated"]

arad96

Well, actually alot of the teachers I have had seem to favor female students regardless of their gender.

Heh, well, back in elementary, the student of the month was 70% female most of the time.

I think the only two times I earned the award was when I had sorta unbiased teachers. I mean, some girl got the award like 5 times just because she had a nice smile but deep down she was a total *****! THAT qualifies? What. The. Hell.

SEGAmaniac7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SEGAmaniac7
Member since 2010 • 148 Posts

[QUOTE="arad96"]

[QUOTE="Desulated"]

Desulated

Heh, well, back in elementary, the student of the month was 70% female most of the time.

I think the only two times I earned the award was when I had sorta unbiased teachers. I mean, some girl got the award like 5 times just because she had a nice smile but deep down she was a total *****! THAT qualifies? What. The. Hell.

Yea when I was in elementary school they used to favor some smart Asian kid and hes a guy, but it was more like using him not favoring,lol. And this teacher used to favor this short piss off spoiled annoying girl and the teacher would take her and another student to track meets and a teacher isnt allowed to do that. That teacher was a!@#$%
rockerbikie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rockerbikie
[QUOTE="Desulated"]

[QUOTE="arad96"]

[QUOTE="Desulated"]

Elementary school is utter ****. I got student of the month and alot of the guy missed out. You know why? Because I'm a girl.
Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Desulated

Elementary school is utter ****. I got student of the month and alot of the guy missed out. You know why? Because I'm a girl.rockerbikie

Yeah...

No offense, but girls can easily get awards for putting on a stupid grin while guys have to literally work their asses off (and chances are they still won't get it). Good thing this crap doesn't exist outside of school.

alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 alexside1
Member since 2006 • 4412 Posts
Sexist much?
rockerbikie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rockerbikie

[QUOTE="rockerbikie"]Elementary school is utter ****. I got student of the month and alot of the guy missed out. You know why? Because I'm a girl.Desulated

Yeah...

No offense, but girls can easily get awards for putting on a stupid grin while guys have to literally work their asses off (and chances are they still won't get it). Good thing this crap doesn't exist outside of school.

That doesn't happen in Highschool I have to litterally work my ass off to stay ahead of the class.
Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Desulated

Elementary school, in a bucket, is a sexist version of the slavery days in America. Guys get **** all over while girls are praised like gods.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts
Theoretically, yes. However, most kitchens aren't equipped with the necessary learning facilities to help them reach their maximum potential.
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
I don't know. But based on my class.. The girls study. The guys barely do ****. And yet only one of the girls manages to get high scores. The 2nd smartes person is a dude and I don't think he does much at all. As for the rest we get pretty much the same scores. So yeah could be, but only because they study a lot more than guys(based on my experience anyway)...
whackedjob213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 whackedjob213
Member since 2006 • 2103 Posts

Girls seem to take school more seriously than guys and that seems to pay off. Although at the extreme end males are smarter than females

oneMoreComment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 oneMoreComment
Member since 2009 • 259 Posts

as a female and not biased at all, I'm gonna say yes, yes were are. O.OAllicrombie

o.O You're not just messing with us are you?

taylor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 taylor888
Member since 2005 • 2232 Posts

Im not a great student, not because my marks are bad, but because I don't take in depth notes or study. Only like 4 kids I know actually work super hard and study everyday. I get everything in on time and have no problems. Im still in HS and I hear University is a rude awakening, but I guess Ill have to adapt.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

These high school exams dont mean a darn thing dude, I mean mame. Look, it is utterly boring crap. Trust me, men will get smarter that is what they do not tell you. Women just follow culture more, so they want to be apart of the culture of getting good grades = best person eva. It is sad because they are wasting their life >_______>. Also men are more visual, and most of it is verbal, what a sham. The teaching style favors females. High school is stupid anyways. But man you are not knowing your history, men have invented everything, and they still do! You are quite wrong, you just have been brain washed by the media to think so. I always see the pattern in movies where the female gets a higher grade than the male, it is there. You are totally biased. You should study sociology.

And to be honest, I would not care if women were, its not like getting a A+ in trigonometry = smartest person ever, there is way too many variables. Intelligence goes deep.

rolfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rolfboy
Member since 2006 • 1137 Posts
Females are better students, but I wouldn't necessarily say smarter than guys; many of us guys just really don't give a flying **** about public school or even post-secondary education. Though in fairness, guys usually make much better apprentices than women; guys are just able to take a lot more crap from more jerkass mentors in order to learn that craft.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
I don't really know. I'd say through middle school but once high school kicks in I think things are on even footing. Mainly because of non educational things that start to happen at the time.
Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
I guess. But being a better student doesn't mean your smarter. All you have to do is do your work. Many of the world's greatest inventions were created by males.
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
I would say it comes down to the individual
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
Men don't try as hard.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58310 Posts

I dont think so, well sort of

tbh I think the number of females that are overachievers and perfectionists far outnumber the men

LIONHEART-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LIONHEART-_-
Member since 2010 • 2520 Posts

Better students? I would say yes, just because they take their studies seriously and we guys don't (some are).

But when you're asking for who's the better student based on intellectual skills, I say it depends on the person regardless of the gender.

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

I don't know. It depends on the person (notice I said "person"----> singular), gender not included. Gender has nothing to do with being a "better" or "worse" student. They just can't be compared. There is no scientific support that females are better at any said subject than males are, and vice versa. And yes, I am a female.

Also, I hope people are not buying into this "well, guys are smarter than girls" (I guess I could also say the same for "girls are smarter than guys") nonsense. Gender has nothing to do with intelligence and thus, brain size. When will people learn...

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#50 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Probably.

Im sure we can all agree that Melpoe is better then both of them combined.