Are Christians going to go to war with the United States?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SquatsAreAwesom
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SquatsAreAwesom
Member since 2009 • 1678 Posts

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/01/us/01michigan.html?src=mv

Stories like this make me believe so and are enough for me to make a genarlizing statement about all of Christianity.

Xorital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Xorital
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts

Does this mean I get to fight back? =D

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
remind me never to go to michigan
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

That's just an extremely small portion of extremist faith. Even if they did start something it would be over very quickly.

xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts
For being a hardcore American he sure doesn't act like it showing off is camo AK-47 pretty sure that's a Commie's gun.
Avatar image for SquatsAreAwesom
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SquatsAreAwesom
Member since 2009 • 1678 Posts

That's just an extremely small portion of extremist faith. Even if they did start something it would be over very quickly.

Legendaryscmt
I'm sorry, but now a days one person, especially a few people, represent an entire group of people.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Legendaryscmt

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

SquatsAreAwesom

I'm sorry, but now a days one person, especially a few people, represent an entire group of people.

That's extremely ignorant. So, with your logic, if a white person says something racial about another ethinicity, does that mean all white people think the same thing?

PeaceChild90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PeaceChild90
Member since 2009 • 781 Posts

[QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"][QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

Legendaryscmt

That's extremely ignorant. So, with your logic, if a white person says something racial about another ethinicity, does that mean all white people think the same thing?

I think he was being sarcastic...

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Legendaryscmt

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

[QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"] I'm sorry, but now a days one person, especially a few people, represent an entire group of people.PeaceChild90

Sarcasm doesn't translate well into text.

Xorital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Xorital

[QUOTE="PeaceChild90"]

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

Legendaryscmt

Which is what common sense is for.

JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JJ_Productions
Member since 2008 • 1067 Posts
There is zero indication that they are even christian buddy, you need to stop generalizing anyways because Jesus himself was against violence. When Peter chopped off the ear of the soldier. A Christian is one who follows Christ. Thats real christianity, not these clowns with guns. Please know what your talking about before you post.
Xorital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xorital

There is zero indication that they are even christian buddy, you need to stop generalizing anyways because Jesus himself was against violence. When Peter chopped off the ear of the soldier. A Christian is one who follows Christ. Thats real christianity, not these clowns with guns. Please know what your talking about before you post.JJ_Productions

A ''christian'' is anyone who throws jesus around. A real christian doesnt do these things.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Legendaryscmt

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

[QUOTE="PeaceChild90"]

Xorital

Common sense would use '/sarcasm', not leaving it up to the reader to decide when the tone cannot be interpreted through a monitor with letters.

JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JJ_Productions

[QUOTE="JJ_Productions"]There is zero indication that they are even christian buddy, you need to stop generalizing anyways because Jesus himself was against violence. When Peter chopped off the ear of the soldier. A Christian is one who follows Christ. Thats real christianity, not these clowns with guns. Please know what your talking about before you post.Xorital

A ''christian'' is anyone who throws jesus around. A real christian doesnt do these things.

False, if you did your historically research then you would know what your talking about. The Romans are the first to even come up with the term Christian. They were speaking of those who followed the teachings of Christ. Not some, not 75%, ALL off the teachings of Christ. Now, Christianity has become a title. Go read the bible you won't find the word "Christianity" in there once. Jesus calls them the children.

Xorital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xorital

[QUOTE="Xorital"]

[QUOTE="JJ_Productions"]There is zero indication that they are even christian buddy, you need to stop generalizing anyways because Jesus himself was against violence. When Peter chopped off the ear of the soldier. A Christian is one who follows Christ. Thats real christianity, not these clowns with guns. Please know what your talking about before you post.JJ_Productions

False, if you did your historically research then you would know what your talking about. The Romans are the first to even come up with the term Christian. They were speaking of those who followed the teachings of Christ. Not some, not 75%, ALL off the teachings of Christ. Now, Christianity has become a title. Go read the bible you won't find the word "Christianity" in there once. Jesus calls them the children.

I'd honestly with all due respect would rather not read that book again thanks >_>

JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JJ_Productions

[QUOTE="JJ_Productions"]

[QUOTE="Xorital"]

Xorital

I'd honestly with all due respect would rather not read that book again thanks >_>

Then don't comment on something you don't understand please and thank you
JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JJ_Productions

[QUOTE="JJ_Productions"]

[QUOTE="Xorital"]

Xorital

K0PaSk4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 K0PaSk4
Member since 2004 • 15646 Posts

[QUOTE="Xorital"]

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

Legendaryscmt

Common sense would use '/sarcasm', not leaving it up to the reader to decide when the tone cannot be interpreted through a monitor with letters.

But that's the fun bit :( Guessing yourself "Is this guy joking? Is he joking? He gotta be joking isn't he?"
Xorital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xorital

[QUOTE="Xorital"]

[QUOTE="JJ_Productions"] False, if you did your historically research then you would know what your talking about. The Romans are the first to even come up with the term Christian. They were speaking of those who followed the teachings of Christ. Not some, not 75%, ALL off the teachings of Christ. Now, Christianity has become a title. Go read the bible you won't find the word "Christianity" in there once. Jesus calls them the children.

JJ_Productions

I understand better than you know, but I do not know everything.

JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JJ_Productions

[QUOTE="JJ_Productions"]

[QUOTE="Xorital"]

Xorital

Please, if you understood anything then clearly you would know Christianity is a title giving to people and nothing more. Thats the basics, if you can't see the basics what can you really know?
Xorital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xorital

[QUOTE="Xorital"]

[QUOTE="JJ_Productions"] Then don't comment on something you don't understand please and thank you

JJ_Productions

Please, if you understood anything then clearly you would know Christianity is a title giving to people and nothing more. Thats the basics, if you can't see the basics what can you really know?

isnt that what I said though? ''Christians'' are pretty much anyone who throws jesus around. Or something to that effect.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
Well, I'm not going to war with the US. :| As soon as you figure out how any of Jesus' statements support these types of actions, let me know. Until then, this has nothing to do with Christianity. It's merely people giving themselves an excuse for their actions by putting the blame on God.
Boston_Boyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Boston_Boyy
Member since 2008 • 4103 Posts

That'd be 200M+ vs. the Unite States. Don't think so bud.

ElZilcho90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 ElZilcho90
Member since 2006 • 6157 Posts
Sweeping generalizations are fun!
MystikFollower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MystikFollower
Member since 2009 • 4061 Posts

Well, I'm not going to war with the US. :| As soon as you figure out how any of Jesus' statements support these types of actions, let me know. Until then, this has nothing to do with Christianity. It's merely people giving themselves an excuse for their actions by putting the blame on God.mindstorm

This. I'm pretty sure Christ was an advocate of peace, not war. So whatever these extremists are claiming, it's not Christian in nature so making a generalized judgement about Christianity from this is ignorant to say the least.

Fudlacker2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Fudlacker2010
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Muslims are.
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts
[QUOTE="SquatsAreAwesom"]

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/01/us/01michigan.html?src=mv

Stories like this make me believe so and are enough for me to make a genarlizing statement about all of Christianity.

LOL how loving those christians are...
Avatar image for deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
Member since 2005 • 6976 Posts

I don't use the term "christian" very much, I go by the denomination. Pretty much anyone that believes in the same God no matter what there other beliefs are, can call themselves "christian".

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
Muslims are. Fudlacker2010
Why? Seriously, why?
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts
remind me never to go to michiganJandurin
seriously... why is it always guys in michigan?
Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#32 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

[QUOTE="PeaceChild90"]

Xorital

No, that's what emoticons are for.
Fudlacker2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Fudlacker2010
[QUOTE="Fudlacker2010"]Muslims are. Mochyc
Why? Seriously, why?

They want to kill the Western world, and I don't know if you know this, but that includes America.
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts

[QUOTE="Mochyc"][QUOTE="Fudlacker2010"]Muslims are. Fudlacker2010
Why? Seriously, why?

They want to kill the Western world, and I don't know if you know this, but that includes America.

That is a generalization, a bad one at that. Also, I'm not asking you why that statement is true, I'm asking you why you found yourself inclined to post that ridiculous comment when the topic is not remotely about muslims.

Fudlacker2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Fudlacker2010

[QUOTE="Fudlacker2010"][QUOTE="Mochyc"] Why? Seriously, why?Mochyc

That is a generalization, a bad one at that. Also, I'm not asking you why that statement is true, I'm asking you why you found yourself inclined to post that ridiculous comment when the topic is not remotely about muslims.

Because I felt like it?
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

Indeed. Why, just the other day I was meeting in a secret catacomb beneath the White House with the Pope and the Archbishop of Canterbury. We talked about how we're gonna convert everyone. And Tiger Woods. Lots of Tiger Woods. There was coffee. It was nice.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
I'll defend America then.
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

[QUOTE="Mochyc"]

[QUOTE="Fudlacker2010"] They want to kill the Western world, and I don't know if you know this, but that includes America.Fudlacker2010

Because I felt like it?

Think about it this way, "Muslims feel Americans want to kill them".

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

[QUOTE="Fudlacker2010"][QUOTE="Mochyc"] That is a generalization, a bad one at that. Also, I'm not asking you why that statement is true, I'm asking you why you found yourself inclined to post that ridiculous comment when the topic is not remotely about muslims.

TehFuneral

Because I felt like it?

It didn't exactly help that Bush called the war against terrorism a "crusade."

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

I'm not but then again I'm a sane christian

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36041 Posts

Indeed. Why, just the other day I was meeting in a secret catacomb beneath the White House with the Pope and the Archbishop of Canterbury. We talked about how we're gonna convert everyone. And Tiger Woods. Lots of Tiger Woods. There was coffee. It was nice.

Theokhoth
did you guys have punch and pie?
kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kidsmelly
Member since 2009 • 5692 Posts

[QUOTE="Mochyc"][QUOTE="Fudlacker2010"]Muslims are. Fudlacker2010
Why? Seriously, why?

Man you can't be serious?

_R34LiTY_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 _R34LiTY_
Member since 2008 • 3331 Posts

reminds me of this story not to long ago

Nine alleged members of a Christian militia group that was girding for battle with the Antichrist were charged Monday with plotting to kill a police officer and slaughter scores more by bombing the funeral — all in hopes of touching off an uprising against the U.S. government.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100330/ap_on_re_us/us_fbi_raids

what i find funny about this is that they're not called Christian Terrorists, they're a Christian Militia Group.....

Fudlacker2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fudlacker2010

[QUOTE="Fudlacker2010"][QUOTE="Mochyc"] That is a generalization, a bad one at that. Also, I'm not asking you why that statement is true, I'm asking you why you found yourself inclined to post that ridiculous comment when the topic is not remotely about muslims.

TehFuneral

Because I felt like it?

You must be a liberal to be siding with the enemy. Muslims are the one threatening to wipe out America, Britian, and the rest of the Western world.
dkrustyklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 dkrustyklown
Member since 2009 • 2387 Posts

For being a hardcore American he sure doesn't act like it showing off is camo AK-47 pretty sure that's a Commie's gun. xXDrPainXx

Actually, the AK-47 was a Soviet adaptation of the STG-44, a German gun.

STG-44

hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts
remind me never to go to michiganJandurin
i second this :)
Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts

Thats certainly not Christianity the way Jesus would approve of. Somehow radicals don't quite fit His agenda.

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#48 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

Jesus would cry at these extremists.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

The Christians aren't exactly making it easy to identify themselves as good, honest people...

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

Michigan.

Michigan...

Nothing any of us should be concerned with, move along guys...