Anita Sarkeesian vs herself

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Amarganth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

Edited By Amarganth
Member since 2009 • 37 Posts

nmjhjkljk.m,.

mulalatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 mulalatum
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts

tldr

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

She is a joke. Her goal is supposedly to help get rid of sexism, but all she is doing is trivialising what sexism is. If drawing character with larger breasts than the average oman is misogynist, then what is the problem with misogyny? Obviously misogyny is bad, but she doesn't seem to know what it means and is trying to spread that ignorance onto other people.

Her Kickstarter campaign was the worst. She wanted money to fund her research so she can make a video about how games are sexist... wait, she hasn't done the research, yet already has a conclusion? This is not how things are supposed to be done, you come to the conclusion after you get the evidence. Nothing she says can be trusted.

Amarganth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Amarganth

@toast_burner said:

She is a joke. Her goal is supposedly to help get rid of sexism, but all she is doing is trivialising what sexism is. If drawing character with larger breasts than the average oman is misogynist, then what is the problem with misogyny? Obviously misogyny is bad, but she doesn't seem to know what it means and is trying to spread that ignorance onto other people.

Her Kickstarter campaign was the worst. She wanted money to fund her research so she can make a video about how games are sexist... wait, she hasn't done the research, yet already has a conclusion? This is not how things are supposed to be done, you come to the conclusion after you get the evidence. Nothing she says can be trusted.

Indeed trivializing serious problems is a problem in itself. She diverts our attention from serious matters to big breasts in video games, literally. But her clueless nature is exactly what shocked me as in I couldn't believe that she can't see she's exactly a representative of the stereotype she's fighting against and how her fight is one of supremacy rather than equality.

As for the Kickstarter campaign, I find it amusing how people never realized it was just a way to make money. She got enough money to perform a NASA level research but in the end she never even played the games she claims she did. All she did is film herself jabbering about things she has no clue about and post it on youtube. Where's the money? Well, she didn't travel the world doing honest work that's for sure.

She even urges people to trust her without doing research themselves. She criticizes for example a video of a singer while urging her viewers not to watch it and to just believe whatever she says. Once again, I have to question whether she's actually so dumb that she doesn't realize she's a walking contradiction or that she really believes everyone else is dumb.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

People give too much attention to this sort of shit. Too many random people regurgitating opinions getting attention on the internet. Just ignore them and they'll fade to obscurity.

Amarganth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Amarganth

@Masculus said:

People give too much attention to this sort of shit. Too many random people regurgitating opinions getting attention on the internet. Just ignore them and they'll fade to obscurity.

You're right but if we ignore stupidity then what example do we set? We ignore Anita, but Anita also ignores us.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

She's really not doing anything wrong. If you disagree with her philosophy then fine but a lot of these insecure narcissists actually go out of their way to destroy this woman; from false-flagging her vids to threats of sexual assault. She must be doing something right.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

Man, ain't nobody gonna read that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@thebest31406 said:

She's really not doing anything wrong. If you disagree with her philosophy then fine but a lot of these insecure narcissists actually go out of their way to destroy this woman; from false-flagging her vids to threats of sexual assault. She must be doing something right.

Actually she is doing something wrong. She's a con artist.

Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jimn_tonic
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@Masculus said:

a concept that is apparently foreign to the tc

Amarganth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Amarganth

@thebest31406 said:

Did you even read the article? There wasn't even a hint of disagreement with any philosophy. Just go back and actually read it and you'd be surprised how I actually answered the question whether she's doing something right and what she's actually doing...and who she actually is.

@Jimn_tonic

I am tc? I'm sorry I'm not familiar with such abbreviations. Did you read the article? Did you read the last part where I specifically address the fact why I'm writing the article?!

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@Amarganth: TC= Topic Creator

dominer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dominer
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

She's a straight up liar.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts
@Amarganth said:

...how she takes things out of context and even deliberately misinterprets whatever is needed to suit her needs and further her cause, how she hasn't played even half of the games she claims she has which can be seen in her lack of knowledge regarding those games...

...Men are never weak, they are never ugly, they are never fat, never wear glasses, never are clumsy, never are smart, never have a brain...well, at least not the main protagonist.

lol

The only thing I like less than listening to Anita is listening to MRAs who think they can refute Anita. Back to /v/ with you

Amarganth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Amarganth

@metroidfood said:
@Amarganth said:

...how she takes things out of context and even deliberately misinterprets whatever is needed to suit her needs and further her cause, how she hasn't played even half of the games she claims she has which can be seen in her lack of knowledge regarding those games...

...Men are never weak, they are never ugly, they are never fat, never wear glasses, never are clumsy, never are smart, never have a brain...well, at least not the main protagonist.

lol

The only thing I like less than listening to Anita is listening to MRAs who think they can refute Anita. Back to /v/ with you

There's nothing worse than internet white knights. Are you sucking up to her because you believe that in the next life you might get to hug her?

How and in what universe did you refute my arguments? In what universe was your post even remotely significant? In what universe did you contribute to anything at all? Honestly you could have just written tl:dr and you still would have sounded more intelligent than you just did.

Do you actually realize Gordon Freeman kills more people in less time than Chuck Norris does in any movie? Do you realize Gordon is only scientist on paper while he's nothing but a dumb mute soldier in reality? Do you realize he's not fat, pretty good looking, looked up to by everyone as if he's a deity, is everything but clumsy, isn't smart at all, can't even speak?! All he does is wear glasses. Last time I checked that doesn't make you a scientist.

Also, he DOES rescue a "damsel in distress," he DOES do whatever the hell people tell him to do without ever thinking it through, he DOES save the entire universe. In what way is he better than Duke Nukem? Even Duke wears glasses but he can actually talk.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

Thunderf00t's YouTube channel has some good videos on her...

Loading Video...

and he's got two more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGAvjwQPCHE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_O1R7Zq9EI

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

Her videos are really dumb and make feminism look bad. I'm not a fan.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 outworld222  Online
Member since 2004 • 4225 Posts

She doesn't understand the own issue she preaches.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Loading Video...

and he's got two more...

I remember when this guy did neat videos about science and refuting creationism.

Now he's just another Youtube pundit who talks too much.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

@PannicAtack said:

@lamprey263 said:

Loading Video...

and he's got two more...

I remember when this guy did neat videos about science and refuting creationism.

I thought he did a great job showing her videos for what they really are...full of crap.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lamprey263

@PannicAtack said:

@lamprey263 said:

Loading Video...

and he's got two more...

jeez, heaven forbid someone with something intelligent to say should be criticized for weighing in on something

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@PannicAtack said:

@lamprey263 said:

Loading Video...

and he's got two more...

jeez, heaven forbid someone with something intelligent to say should be criticized for weighing in on something

Yeah, I kinda stopped caring about anything he had to say around the time he made that "so I'm thinking of giving up my career in science so I can continue making Youtube videos" vid.

And it'd be a lot easier to care about rebuttals to whatsherface if the gaming community hadn't made it abundantly clear they were out to tear her down before she even started. And then started sending rape threats.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

"And it'd be a lot easier to care about rebuttals to whatsherface if the gaming community hadn't made it abundantly clear they were out to tear her down before she even started. And then started sending rape threats."

Sounds extremely closed minded.

First off, the gaming community consists of millions upon millions of people...including millions of female gamers. Equating the thousands of asshats who sent her hate as the "gaming community" is simply wrong. Secondly, even if it was what exactly does that have to do with anyone who makes rebuttals based on the points of the actual discussion? Now because a small group of jerk-offs lash out opposing points of views should be ignored?

As for tearing her down before she got started...well personally I think those who sent her all that hate filled non-sense are the dregs of society...with that said it's a tad ironic because she had already had her conclusion before she got started as well, which is actually one of the things thunderf00t points out.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lamprey263

@PannicAtack said:

@lamprey263 said:

@PannicAtack said:

@lamprey263 said:

Loading Video...

and he's got two more...

Yeah, I kinda stopped caring about anything he had to say around the time he made that "so I'm thinking of giving up my career in science so I can continue making Youtube videos" vid.

And it'd be a lot easier to care about rebuttals to whatsherface if the gaming community hadn't made it abundantly clear they were out to tear her down before she even started. And then started sending rape threats.

you should care since he doesn't actually resort to such juvenile tactics as trolling her like others with rape comments, if anything Anita Sarkeesian flourished from such attention though because her identify she promotes is that of a perpetual victim and gets her on CNN

and I think Thuderf00t made it clear long time ago when he actually quit making YouTube videos that he wanted to make YouTube videos, he went back into a career for money, you know because people need to make a living and such, it's not a shallow decision, like any other non-profit radio station that has fund drives because viewer contributions keep things going