Americans: What country would you live in on each continent?

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16594 Posts

im canadian so let me answer too you asshole:

north america:  Canada, one of the most beautiful countries on this planet....USA is sht, too much crime, i will get out of there asap

south america: brazil for the sexy mixed chicks

europe: UK since they speak english, Germany if I knew german

I dont know what continent russia is but i will not go there, they're all dicks

Asia: Japan or India (north), south is too hot.

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

North America: USA

South America: Brazil

Africa: South Africa

Europe: Spain

Asia: Singapore

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#103 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41575 Posts
I'm already in a part of Europe (United Kingdom).
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#104 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

north america: Canada, one of the most beautiful countries on this planet....USA is sht, too much crime, i will get out of there asap

blaznwiipspman1

USA = one of the most beautiful countries in the world and much more diverse than Canada.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
North America: Canada South America: Brazil Europe: Czech Republic, specifically Prague. Africa: Seychelles Asia: Japan Oceania: New Zealand
Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#106 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

north america:  Canada, one of the most beautiful countries on this planet....USA is sht, too much crime, i will get out of there asap

blaznwiipspman1
We don't want you. Keep your bigoted nationalism in Canada please. Your ignorance as well, since you called the USA shit and too much crime but wanted to go to a country that has a higher crime rate and is worse off. That means that the real reason is bigotry.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I wonder how many of the people here who choose Japan actually know anything about living in Japan.
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 blaznwiipspman1

[QUOTE="blaznwiipspman1"]

north america: Canada, one of the most beautiful countries on this planet....USA is sht, too much crime, i will get out of there asap

AFBrat77

USA = one of the most beautiful countries in the world and much more diverse than Canada.

what do you mean diverse...there are whites, blacks and mexicans.  Toronto, the largest city in Canada is a hub for immigrants all over the world, and surprise, the immigrants are the majority here not  the original whites that were here since columbus.  The visible minority population alone is 49% of the population, the crime rate is very low, everybody is living and working together nicely.  Is there a city like that in the US?

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 blaznwiipspman1

TheWalkingGhost

We don't want you. Keep your bigoted nationalism in Canada please. Your ignorance as well, since you called the USA shit and too much crime but wanted to go to a country that has a higher crime rate and is worse off. That means that the real reason is bigotry.

Im not a bigot, im just speaking about what I see and hear on the news.  I love visiting the US.  But living there is a different question altogether.  Brazil is only worse off in the slum areas i believe, but everywhere else is acceptable, and every man and woman there doesn't walk around with a gun in their pocket either.

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts
I wonder how many of the people here who choose Japan actually know anything about living in Japan. Lonelynight
probably very little. GS has a large anime lover/weaboo community
drokmore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#111 drokmore
Member since 2005 • 1863 Posts

Asia: Japan, Don't know much about Asia, at least decent games come out of Japan

Africa: Kenya, going to hang with the lions

NA: USA, ya it's just easier

SA: Ecuador, beautiful and cheap for ex pats

Eur: Italy, wine and food wonderful...

Ant: I would find the closest boat and move

Aus/Oceania: New Zeaalnd, I can't handle the heat of Aus

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#112 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

I'm Canadian, so deal with it...

North America: USA, just cause I want to live in NYC one day.
South America: Argentina, specifically Buenos Aires. Most familiar to me.
Europe: Tough one, but Italy because my family is from it and it's stunningly beautiful.
Africa: There's some cool places to see, but to make a living? Morocco, I guess.
Asia: Japan. Cultural, beautiful, and small enough to see all of.
Oceania: New Zealand is pretty nice but seems isolated as well. 

-Toshy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 -Toshy-
Member since 2008 • 1376 Posts
Europe: Probably Sweden. Seems like a nice place and I have friends in Norway, Germany, and Finland. So it's a nice middle ground.

Asia: South Korea.

Africa: Morocco?

South America: Honestly don't know a thing about SA, so I'm going to say central Argentina based on the climate.

North America: Canada. Sounds nice.

Australia: I'm just going to say Australia (specifically New South Wales) though I really don't know much about the area in general.

Antarctica: Northern Antarctica.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

AFBrat77

Beautiful?
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#115 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

Since I already live in South America, I'll participate anyway.

North America: Canada.

Africa: Nowhere.

Europe: Tough pick, i'd go with either Germany or Switzerland.

Asia: Japan. It'd be painful adapting though.

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#116 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2359 Posts

As an American I American't live anwhere where I can't breathe in the sweet air of Freedom.  God bless America.

InEMplease

Why take the piss?

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts

U.S.

Brazil

Scotland or Italy

Singapore or China (preferably Chengdu).

New Zealand

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 TheWalkingGhost

[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

blaznwiipspman1

what do you mean diverse...there are whites, blacks and mexicans.  Toronto, the largest city in Canada is a hub for immigrants all over the world, and surprise, the immigrants are the majority here not  the original whites that were here since columbus.  The visible minority population alone is 49% of the population, the crime rate is very low, everybody is living and working together nicely.  Is there a city like that in the US?

Countless ones actually. San Francisco is a minority majority city and pretty safe, San Diego is pretty cool and is ranked as the 9th safest city in the US and Plano Texas even though it's near the border is pretty safe and rich. Of course not many cities in the US have the same population as Toronto. New York is actually not as bad as most people think, it's crime rate has been dropping for over 20 years and in 2012 had the lowest homicide rate in 49 years and 2013 is on track for even fewer. The 414 in 2012 is an over 1800 drop from 1990.
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 TheWalkingGhost

I'm Canadian, so deal with it...Big_Pecks

Wow....You Canadians are an angry lot.

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#120 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts
I wonder how many of the people here who choose Japan actually know anything about living in Japan. Lonelynight
I have to agree, there are way too many Weeaboos around. When expertise comes from reading manga and watching too much anime they will be in for a shock when they find out that Otaku are not held in high esteem. and Japanese girls don't aren't looking for pudgy white boys who spend all their time reading manga/comic books.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
testing glitchspot
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 iowastate

[QUOTE="thegerg"]

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

North America: US

South America: Brazil, large developing nation.Pretty good if your not in the dirt poor social tier.

Africa: South Africa, see above response.

Asia: South Korea, a less restrictive Japan that is more open to foreigners.

Middle East: Israel, most developed in region by far.

Europe: Switzerland or Sweden if I magically knew the language. If not England so I can actually speak to people.

nunovlopes

"Middle East" is not a continent, fyi.

In many parts of the world, North America and South America are also not considered continents, it's considered to be just one continent, America.

Middle East is not considered a continent anywhere in the world.

where would that be? I do know that Eurasia is the continent of Europe and Asia but I have never heard of anyone having such an incomplete knowledge of geography as to try and consider North and South America to be parts of one continent because of Central America. That is like considering Africa to be part of Eurasia because they are connected by the Gaza strip. .
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

North America: Canada

South America: Argentina

Europe: UK/Ireland

Asia: South Korea

Oceania: New Zealand

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="blaznwiipspman1"]

blaznwiipspman1

Im not a bigot, im just speaking about what I see and hear on the news.  I love visiting the US.  But living there is a different question altogether.  Brazil is only worse off in the slum areas i believe, but everywhere else is acceptable, and every man and woman there doesn't walk around with a gun in their pocket either.

I suppose statistically Brazil does have a higher homicide rate, so that makes the US safer.

I have to say that my dislike for US goes much further than crime rate, and in many aspects, I do like Brazil more than US.

TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 TheWalkingGhost

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]I wonder how many of the people here who choose Japan actually know anything about living in Japan. iowastate
I have to agree, there are way too many Weeaboos around. When expertise comes from reading manga and watching too much anime they will be in for a shock when they find out that Otaku are not held in high esteem. and Japanese girls don't aren't looking for pudgy white boys who spend all their time reading manga/comic books.

So judgemental. Ever thought that maybe some people would like to know what Japan is like and visit? Also this weeaboo thing needs to stop, it's kinda moronic and only used by racists to put down anything japanese or say only japanese can like things japanese. But your keep your childish stereotypes, they suit you.

I suppose statistically Brazil does have a higher homicide rate, so that makes the US safer.

I have to say that my dislike for US goes much further than crime rate, and in many aspects, I do like Brazil more than US.

Ncsoftlover

Man, the bigots have come out in force in this thread. Way to expose the bigotry in OT TC.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="thegerg"]

iowastate

In many parts of the world, North America and South America are also not considered continents, it's considered to be just one continent, America.

where would that be? I do know that Eurasia is the continent of Europe and Asia but I have never heard of anyone having such an incomplete knowledge of geography as to try and consider North and South America to be parts of one continent because of Central America. That is like considering Africa to be part of Eurasia because they are connected by the Gaza strip. .

It's not incomplete knowledge of geography, it's just a different definition. I was taught is school that America is a continent, not North America and South America. There are several continent models, and different parts of the world go by different models. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent

English-speaking countries usually follow the 7 continent model, where North America and South America are considered separate continents.

Spanish-speaking countries (and also Portuguese-speaking countries), usually follow the 6 continent model, where North America and South America are not considered separate continents, there's just one continent called America. It's not stupid, it's just a different model. Some Asian countries also follow this model.

Also, it seems from the link that in the US pre WWII America was considered a single continent, for some reason they started going by the 7 continent model and started considering North America and South America continents.

And yes, you have such a thing as the Afro-Eurasia or Eurafrasia continent. Not a common term though, but it's not incorrect.

Also, the way I was taught, Australia is not a continent. That continent is called Oceania, and it encompasses Australia, New Zealand and a few other small islands.

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 THUMPTABLE

[QUOTE="iowastate"][QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

nunovlopes

It's not incomplete knowledge of geography, it's just a different definition. I was taught is school that America is a continent, not North America and South America. There are several continent models, and different parts of the world go by different models. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continent

English-speaking countries usually follow the 7 continent model, where North America and South America are considered separate continents.

Spanish-speaking countries (and also Portuguese-speaking countries), usually follow the 6 continent model, where North America and South America are not considered separate continents, there's just one continent called America. It's not stupid, it's just a different model. Some Asian countries also follow this model.

Also, it seems from the link that in the US pre WWII America was considered a single continent, for some reason they started going by the 7 continent model and started considering North America and South America continents.

And yes, you have such a thing as the Afro-Eurasia or Eurafrasia continent. Not a common term though, but it's not incorrect.

Also, the way I was taught, Australia is not a continent. That continent is called Oceania, and it encompasses Australia, New Zealand and a few other small islands.

Oceania is not a continent, but a region.

Australia IS a continent

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 nunovlopes

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="iowastate"] where would that be? I do know that Eurasia is the continent of Europe and Asia but I have never heard of anyone having such an incomplete knowledge of geography as to try and consider North and South America to be parts of one continent because of Central America. That is like considering Africa to be part of Eurasia because they are connected by the Gaza strip. .THUMPTABLE

Australia IS a continent

Australia is a country, not a continent. Oceania is not a region, you either don't use the term or you use it. If you use it, it denotes a continent.

Really, do you know how to read? There are several different definitions, look it up.

-Toshy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 -Toshy-
Member since 2008 • 1376 Posts
Australia is a country, not a continent. Oceania is not a region, you either don't use the term or you use it. If you use it, it denotes a continent.nunovlopes
Australia can refer to the country or the continent (in this case, it's equivalent to the Oceania that you were taught). Telling THUMPTABLE that his classification of Australia is wrong is kinda silly considering he lives there.
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 nunovlopes

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]Australia is a country, not a continent. Oceania is not a region, you either don't use the term or you use it. If you use it, it denotes a continent.-Toshy-
Australia can refer to the country or the continent (in this case, it's equivalent to the Oceania that you were taught). Telling THUMPTABLE that his classification of Australia is wrong is kinda silly considering he lives there.

I didn't say that it is wrong, I clearly said there are different definitons used worldwide, all of them are right in their context. I specifically said "the way I was taught". You quoted that specific sentence of my post and left out the important parts.

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 iowastate

[QUOTE="iowastate"][QUOTE="Lonelynight"] I have to agree, there are way too many Weeaboos around. When expertise comes from reading manga and watching too much anime they will be in for a shock when they find out that Otaku are not held in high esteem. and Japanese girls don't aren't looking for pudgy white boys who spend all their time reading manga/comic books.TheWalkingGhost

So judgemental. Ever thought that maybe some people would like to know what Japan is like and visit? Also this weeaboo thing needs to stop, it's kinda moronic and only used by racists to put down anything japanese or say only japanese can like things japanese. But your keep your childish stereotypes, they suit you.

and once they actually visit Japan and find out what the nation is really like they can shed the label of Weeabo

I am going to have to say that I was not wrong in this case. it is not a meme and it is not racist....those who are being racist are the non-Japanese Otaku. Weeabo is accurate for wannabe Japanese who are really caucasians and can't change their race. those who are accurately described by the term have no real knowledge of Japan or the Japanese. the word has already been verified as acceptable and non racist in the Moderation Clarification board. if you want to be a grammar Nazi go to an English board where you can talk about term papers, correct usage of the English Language is not exactly of paramount importance here. is not exactly of paramount importance in Gamespot.

p.s.

I have dont my best to avoid personalities. You should do the same and try to debate instead of name calling it will make for more pleasant discussions in the future.

I have over the years learned to consider the source. Insults cause no harm and do not bother me but the same can not be said for most of Gamespot.

You may have noticed how quickly a simple discussion turns into an argument and then a flame war on this site so I so encourage caution.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#132 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

North America: Panama

South America: Argentina

Europe: England

Asia: Japan

Oceania: Australia

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 THUMPTABLE

[QUOTE="THUMPTABLE"]

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

nunovlopes

Australia IS a continent

Australia is a country, not a continent. Oceania is not a region, you either don't use the term or you use it. If you use it, it denotes a continent.

Really, do you know how to read? There are several different definitions, look it up.

Lol, where do YOU live??

ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#134 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts
South Africa, Denmark, Japan, Brazil (party time) AU.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#135 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

I'm Canadian.

North America: Canada, duh. Maybe America if I was filthy rich.

Europe: Switzerland

Asia: South Korea

South America: Chile

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

As a fellow American from the south I feel entitled to answering the question

NA : US , more specifically, Santa Monica or Miami;

Europe : France, I graduated in a French school so I'd feel at home , Paris for living and St. Tropez for Vacations is a go;

Asia : Macau , surprised no one mentioned it, party all day;

Africa : South Africa ofc, for the very reasons stated here;

South America : Honestly the place where I live, Sao Paulo, Brazil, would only move to Rio;If I had to choose another country then Buenos Aires, Argentina, a smaller and more charming Sao Paulo , 40 minutes away from Punta del Este, Uruguay, a must visit for anyone during summer.

Oceania : from my experience Brazillians and Australians get along so well it'd be a shame not to live there if given the opportunity, just love them aussies.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="thegerg"]

iowastate

Africa is not connected to the Gaza strip
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 iowastate

[QUOTE="iowastate"][QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

themajormayor

Africa is not connected to the Gaza strip

more specifically the Sinai peninsual of which Gaza is just a portion. and Eurfrasia is what some call it which is no more accurately described as one continent than "The Americas" can be described as one continent.

some people just have too much time on their hands.