This topic is locked from further discussion.

lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
Seeing how religion is a popular topic hear I present you alternate sins. What would be your opinion of these sins? 1. Stupidity 2. Pretentiousness 3. Solipsism 4. Self-deceit 5. Herd Conformity 6. Lack of Perspective 7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies 8. Counterproductive Pride 9. Lack of Aesthetics
Lemon-Demon35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lemon-Demon35
Member since 2006 • 5792 Posts
Stupidity FTW!
Kalel559

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -8

#3 Kalel559
Member since 2003 • 9621 Posts
Wow, I'm so confused! Is that a sin?
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lycrof
[QUOTE="Kalel559"]Wow, I'm so confused! Is that a sin?

No it is ignorance. Ignorance can be changed.
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
[QUOTE="lycrof"]Seeing how religion is a popular topic hear I present you alternate sins. What would be your opinion of these sins? 1. Stupidity 2. Pretentiousness 3. Solipsism 4. Self-deceit 5. Herd Conformity 6. Lack of Perspective 7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies 8. Counterproductive Pride 9. Lack of Aesthetics

OK, let me critique these:

1. General stupidity? Yes. One time stupidity? No.
2. Pretentiousness is made from pride, so that one's already a sin.
3. That one is filed under either avarice or stupidity.
4. Unless it's something that's psychologically linked to you and its in a negative light, yes. Stems from pride and ego.
5. Oh yea. Yea, that one deserves to be a sin.
6. That one is too far. You'll never have full perspective of a situation, so it can be a sin to just exist.
7. Hmmmm, what?
8. Pride's already a sin.
9. Again, what?

In general, great list with needed clarification on some.
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lycrof
[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"][QUOTE="lycrof"]Seeing how religion is a popular topic hear I present you alternate sins. What would be your opinion of these sins? 1. Stupidity 2. Pretentiousness 3. Solipsism 4. Self-deceit 5. Herd Conformity 6. Lack of Perspective 7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies 8. Counterproductive Pride 9. Lack of Aesthetics

4. Unless it's something that's psychologically linked to you and its in a negative light, yes. Stems from pride and ego.
6. That one is too far. You'll never have full perspective of a situation, so it can be a sin to just exist.
7. Hmmmm, what?
9. Again, what?

I will give alink after a while. I dont want the source to effect peoples opinions.
AnubisCraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AnubisCraig
Member since 2004 • 8627 Posts
[QUOTE="lycrof"][QUOTE="Video_Game_King"][QUOTE="lycrof"]Seeing how religion is a popular topic hear I present you alternate sins. What would be your opinion of these sins? 1. Stupidity 2. Pretentiousness 3. Solipsism 4. Self-deceit 5. Herd Conformity 6. Lack of Perspective 7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies 8. Counterproductive Pride 9. Lack of Aesthetics

7. Hmmmm, what?
9. Again, what?

I will give alink after a while. I dont want the source to effect peoples opinions.

Two words. Anton Lavey right?
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
vandalism
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lycrof
"Maybe" - Fat Bastard
AnubisCraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AnubisCraig
"Maybe" - Fat Bastardlycrof
Was that a maybe to me? I'm not quite sure if it is from CoS, I've not read up on it in ages.
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lycrof
[QUOTE="lycrof"]"Maybe" - Fat BastardAnubisCraig
Was that a maybe to me? I'm not quite sure if it is from CoS, I've not read up on it in ages.

It is. I have been trying to find the book in hard copy but have been unsuccesful.
AnubisCraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AnubisCraig
[QUOTE="AnubisCraig"][QUOTE="lycrof"]"Maybe" - Fat Bastardlycrof

It is. I have been trying to find the book in hard copy but have been unsuccesful.

Ahhh. I actually saw it in my local bookstore a few months back (actually it was about a year ago now). But it's quite a big book store, I'm sure it's still there :P I was going to get it at the time, but I hadn't quite delved into the whole thing too much. (I notice how we aren't blatently shouting out the full name :P)
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lycrof
[QUOTE="lycrof"][QUOTE="AnubisCraig"][QUOTE="lycrof"]"Maybe" - Fat BastardAnubisCraig

Ahhh. I actually saw it in my local bookstore a few months back (actually it was about a year ago now). But it's quite a big book store, I'm sure it's still there :P I was going to get it at the time, but I hadn't quite delved into the whole thing too much. (I notice how we aren't blatently shouting out the full name :P)

I am guessing stuff like that is more common in the UK than Canada. Although at a Chapters I wen too it had every possible other book but not the one I was looking for.
AnubisCraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AnubisCraig
[QUOTE="AnubisCraig"][QUOTE="lycrof"][QUOTE="AnubisCraig"][QUOTE="lycrof"]"Maybe" - Fat Bastardlycrof

I am guessing stuff like that is more common in the UK than Canada. Although at a Chapters I wen too it had every possible other book but not the one I was looking for.

It's actually not that common to be honest... Not many people are religious in the slightest, meaning they wouldn't broaden their horizons to the opposite sides of the spectrum. Well, basically going beyond the answers of Religion, and into the questions of Philosophy. Anyway, I gotta sleep now :P
Account_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Account_27
Member since 2005 • 13426 Posts
That's not fair. I can't help it if I'm stupid :(
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lycrof
That's not fair. I can't help it if I'm stupid :(Account_27
Ignorant or stupid? There is a big difference.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#17 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I wasn't aware that being stupid or Solipsism..or half of the other ones were sins......especially Herd Conformity and Forgetfullness of Past 'Orthies....were considered sins.... Lack of Perspective is my choice. :lol:
tehsp0on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tehsp0on
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts
Big words lol.. I'll say stupidity...
bastards12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bastards12345
Member since 2005 • 7194 Posts
Words from a man whose two cents changed my life by millions.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#20 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

[QUOTE="Account_27"]That's not fair. I can't help it if I'm stupid :(lycrof

Wow.....Calling a person more stupid than another fellow because of how their brain works (-how they were born- :shock:.)...meaning they cannot reach the same point of intellegence that another can is bigotry, basically........and herd conformity, because the dumber ones aren't good enough to conform.....*shakes head*

lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lycrof

[QUOTE="lycrof"][QUOTE="Account_27"]That's not fair. I can't help it if I'm stupid :(BranKetra

Wow.....Calling a person more stupid than another fellow because of how their brain works (-how they were born- :shock:.)...meaning they cannot reach the same point of intellegence that another can is bigotry, basically........and herd conformity, because the dumber ones aren't good enough to conform.....*shakes head*

You can have a high IQ and still be stupid. It is how you act not how your brain works.
bastards12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bastards12345
Member since 2005 • 7194 Posts

[QUOTE="lycrof"][QUOTE="Account_27"]That's not fair. I can't help it if I'm stupid :(BranKetra

LaVey is talking about making dumb choices and non-thinking.